Party City is the leader in the party goods industry. We are America’s largest specialty goods chain and the country’s premiere Halloween specialty retailer. Party City, which began in 1988 with one store in Hanover, New Jersey, currently has more than 800 company-owned and franchise stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. Party City is a division of Amscan Holdings, Inc., which owns, operates or franchises over 900 specialty party retail stores and also operates a wholesale and manufacturing division.
Party City offers a broad and deep line of party supplies with approximately 20,000 items. This provides party planners and partygoers with convenient “one stop” shopping for party supplies at everyday low prices for parties of virtually all sizes and types.
We presently have an opening at our 10340 Midlothian Turnpike location in Richmond, Virginia for a talented, ambitious individual who is ready to contribute to our future success. So, if you’re a motivated, enthusiastic, people-oriented person with a knack for organization and who thrives in the fast-paced world of retail sales, we want to talk to you.
Under the supervision of the General Manager, directs Associate activity to provide efficient high quality customer service and achieve retail sales targets through a well-trained and motivated staff. Adheres to all Party City standards.
Performs supervisory and administrative duties
- Responsible for opening or closing store and related procedures.
- Responsible for cash handling procedures, including but not limited to,
preparing and dropping bank deposits.
- Authorizes register functions including post voids, returns and associate
- Assists in supervising and coaching all associates.
- Reviews all corporate communications and reacts accordingly.
- Performs manager on duty responsibilities as required.
Delivers exceptional customer service through personal contact with customers
- Interacts with and assists customers in accordance with corporate Customer
- Answers the telephone and rings on registers as needed.
- Processes balloon orders as needed.
- Processes custom invitation orders.
Assists in receiving and stocking procedures
- Ensures accurate receiving.
- Unloads merchandise from trucks as needed.
- Checks in shipments as needed.
- Stages merchandise for the sales floor.
- Top and down stocks merchandise as needed.
Assists in merchandising procedures
- Responsible for maintaining assigned sections in store as determined by the
- Sets and maintain merchandise presentation planner (MPP).
- Sets and maintain plan-o-grams.
- Flexes and fills seasonal aisles.
- Executes corporate directed price changes and clearance markdowns.
Assists in ensuring inventory integrity
- Participates in the lows and outs process.
- Responsible for seasonal packaway.
- Informs General Manager of any inventory discrepancies.
Performs other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Personal leadership skills
- Creative thinking
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Lift, push, pull boxes of merchandise weighing up to 25 pounds
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
Working Hours and Locations
- Typical schedule requires closing store two nights per week and working
three weekends per month
- Halloween season (9/15 – 10/31) requires closing store five nights per week
and working every weekend
- Ability to work in either of our two Richmond locations
- Medical insurance for full-time associates
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time associates
- Retirement plan
- Liberal merchandise discounts
For immediate consideration and an interview, please forward us your resume and salary history. Party City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.