Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,709 reviews matching the search
Fun
Halloween Specialist (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYAugust 17, 2017
Worked here only for the Halloween season with the costumes and being sold if I made only three more people buy costumes then i would of kept my job but unfortunately I haven't.
Productive workplace.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDAugust 17, 2017
Nice place to work. There's a lot of moving but if you can do it it's not that bad. The staff is friendly and laid back. You just have to do your work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks.
Enjoyed working here for the holiday season
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 17, 2017
Met many fun people, had a flexible schedule and good managers. Loved being able to get a lot of hours and having a pretty easy going workplace. Definitely would recommend
Productive and
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 17, 2017
The Hialeah location is a high-volume store, because of this, we are constantly busy attending customers, doing plenty of balloon orders, stocking/fixing the store. It is a very productive job; rarely are you left not doing anything. The company is always switching up with the stores so we're always keeping up with what's new.

Hiring season runs from the end of August to a week or two before halloween, hiring around 45+ employees, and after the holidays, they keep those who did really well and the number of employees are dropped from 13 - 20. Which is a huge difference. So the job hunger games are real at Party City.

Preferrably, this location likes organized, hard-workers. The job is fun, but you should know when to take the job serious.

Party City is definitely the best for those who don't have job experience, and those who have a hectic college class schedule; hours are pretty flexible and managers work around your schedule.

I would've been there for more than 1 year and 7 months, but I like to expand my horizons. Good luck to you, if you apply!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
30 minute breaks, halloween
Great store for decorations/activities
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 17, 2017
This job was a part time job that helped me get back on my feet after a difficult situation and time in my life. Loved the store however was part time and not paying enough, store needed to be renovated as well but was one of the first in Raleigh, NC.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2017
Poor management. Working in an environment like PartyCity requires each manager to pitch in and pick up and slack but that was not the case at this location. Coworkers made this environment enjoyable because of the teamwork that we created with one another. The job was easy and laid-back overall; however, the management lacked professionalism and concern for their employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management, Owner lacked concern for employees
Very productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
Its very fun place to work and its helps you to be more open and be independent about yourself working there. I have learn alot stuff working there and its very easy to catch up.
Fun energetic Enviorment
Cashier/supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work part time. Helping customers add the finishing touches to their parties and events made the atmosphere fun and easy going. During the busy halloween season there was always something to do and have fun with at the same time.
Party City
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJAugust 13, 2017
I worked there seasonal from September to December during their busiest months because of Halloween around the corner. It was extremely stressful and nerve wrecking.
Fun workplace with Great Customer Service
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 13, 2017
A typical work day would include restocking and fixing aisles and keeping the store looking at its' best. I learned to work a bit more in retail and how to top-stock. The management was a bit liberal and gave employees a bit too much freedom at times. The workplace was a fun and very great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was having to stay until 1 am at times. The best part of the job was that they allowed us to dress up for Halloween and they knew how to treat kids well.
An alright job when you first start your working life
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2017
Not much to say about party city. I was a seasonal worker during Halloween and my job was focused on customer service and being a cashier. If you're hired as a seasonal employee don't expect to have a job very long and don't expect good pay.
Pros
Good coworkers, easy duties
Cons
Bad pay, bad training
Great Learning Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 11, 2017
This summer internship was filled with a variety of different projects that were very interesting. We had a group project that we worked half the week on and an individual project for the rest of the week. We were assigned a department supervisor who mentored us throughout the summer. Everyone was very accommodating and willing to help and answer questions. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a business related internship.
Great Place to Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 11, 2017
I have worked here as an intern over the past two summers. It has been an amazing opportunity working on projects that will make a real impact within the company, along with challenging department work. I highly recommend Party City to anyone looking for an internship.
Easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 10, 2017
Pretty slow throughout the year, busiest time is Halloween. it is very fast paced and sometimes requires a lot of physical work.

Working as cashier always keeps you busy.
Your everyday day run of the mill job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 10, 2017
I don't know how I'm going to write 150 characters to describe party city, but this is my attempt. It's no different than many places and isn't too difficult to handle.
Cons
The music
Fun environment and great oppurtunities
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 10, 2017
Really loved my time with the company. I gained many skills in retail and stock. Management was helpful and gave opportunity. Would definitely work here again. A+++
Good Management but low pay
Field Project Assistant (Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  Western RegionAugust 10, 2017
Good management at regional level. Don't know about store level. Pay is low within the store construction arm of the company. Company appears to be going through growing pains as a result of rapid expansion.
Pros
Due to rapid expansion potential for advancement
Cons
Low pay
just a regular retail store, has its ups and downs
Store Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAAugust 10, 2017
I've learned a lot about working retail and the hardest part is probably just standing on my feet for so long. Customers have a lot of fun in our store and that is probably one of the best things about working there. The flexibility is decent considering there aren't enough people hired to cover shifts all of the time.
Pros
time and a half on Sundays and holidays, flexible work hours, overall fun store
Cons
retail
There needed to be more team players
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75080August 10, 2017
It's a good starter job that got me to end up being a assistant manager. However, I would of like to see more happen to other employees who wanted to be moved up instead of passed over.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Atmosphere
loved the job itself, managers killed the experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 9, 2017
i loved working at party city, job was fairly easy nothing too crazy. most stressful thing to do is checking out costumers when its busy and has long lines. (usually happens during holidays) and doing balloon orders in a limited amount of time. all but one of my managers had an issue with me and messed with my hours. although i worked part time i went from working friday-sun to only 1 day for like 5 hours. even if i asked for more hours id still get the same amount, sometimes none at all. one manger told me i work at 10:30 when i usually work at 10. i came to the store around 10:20 and she waited for me to come so she could smirk at me and then leave. its a great place itself but just be sure of the managers before you start
Pros
work environment
Cons
short lunch, poor managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location