Party City Corporation

Party City Corporation Employer Reviews

Good Learning Experience
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJuly 24, 2014
Lots of favoritism going on there. But they do teach you a lot about cash registers, telecommunication, and customer service. It was a good starter learning experience.
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 23, 2014
Cons: benifits
its a good place to work to start in retail.but benefits and raises are not good. but i love my job i love dealing with people
Very energetic and fun.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Melbourne, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: cool treats for breaks and interesting team members.
Cons: temporary seasonal work
A typical day at work would be dressing up in a costume and selling costumes and accessories to customers.. I learned creativity in creating a Halloween costume for customers. Management was fun and rewarding. Co-workers were fun and creative. The hardest part of the job was climbing tall ladders to retrieve Halloween masks. The enjoyable part of the – more... job was dressing up in a different costume everyday. – less
Halloween costumes, balloons and highschool grads!
Sales Floor Coworker and Store Sales Associate (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: positive customers
Cons: very simple and kinda booring
need a great memory because the sale floor is always shifting, and you can not leave register to refresh memory for better guidance when directing inquisitive customers. policy is a great wall, do not try to get away with any rule breaking termination will follow, verification for personal checks, helium balloon ordering ect.

people come here to prepare – more... for partys, not funerals HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY I enjoyed my time around familys who knew the importance of a deal and a good party. – less
productive challenging work space
Customer Service (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRJuly 22, 2014
in my time working for the company i got pretty good experience with customer service and the opportunity to do different types of task around the store. the managers and co-workers where very helpful with the questions i had if any doubt and helped get through any difficulty a i could have during the time i started working for them.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2014
Co-workers and Management were friendly. Party City is a good first job.
Fun place to work and room for growth in the company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Harvey, LAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: health insurance is expensive
At our store in Harvey, La. is can be very busy. We are a mega store, which means our store has more selections than most of the stores in the franchise. As part of the management we all work together. I would say the hardest part of the job is during some of the transitions(going from one season to the next), never any down time.
Easily my favorite job
Freight Manager (Former Employee), Harvey, LAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great pay, great hours, a lot of fun
Cons: management was questionable at best
Depending on the day, it was always different. It was a consistent thing. You just knew what the day was going to be like depending on the day of the week. Daily tasks, those were the same. Clock in, throw freight, help customers, cashier duties, and cleaning. What I learned... I was bumped up to freight manager pretty quickly. This was a new thing – more... for me; I learned the basic logistics of shipping, but most of that was still left to our receiver, and also product placement. Also, during certain times of the year, it was a very high pressure customer experience, which is something I preferred. I enjoy customers. A lot. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with my duties, but once I found a routine that worked for me, I was golden. The best part of the job was the fast pace. I love being busy, running around doing tasks, helping customers, what have you, It was great! – less
A fun and comfortable welcoming environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: we had a break room
Cons: customers were sometimes hard to handle
A typical day at work was also something to look forward to my co-workers were fun, out going and easy get along with. I found that the management was strict but not to the point where i as an employee felt uncomfortable arriving to work. I would have to say that hardest part of my job was dealing with the Halloween season the store become crowded and – more... customers behind annoyed and would leave the store a disaster but at the end of it all i learned how to deal with excessive amounts of returns and working in a high paced environment. All in all my experience was something that I am able to being into other work environments if necessary – less
fun place to work with great customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good associates, flexible hours
A typical day included use of the register, providing good customer service and stocking. I learned how to handle fast paced environments. Management and my co-workers were very good, there was a great line of communication. The was nothing that I considered hard but the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Very fun work place
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friendly/fun co workers and enviornment
Cons: halloween season is stressful
I only worked at party city for a short amount of time but it was a great experience, Although through my time working there, there was a lot of new managers coming and going so when ever i finally got comforable with one manager, a new one would come in and take over. I learned a lot and the only stressful thing about this job is Halloween season because – more... it's non stop craziness. – less
Halloween Seasonal Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2014
Pros: half off cotunmes
Cons: seasonal
I got the opportunity to dress in costumer for shifts and work the costume section of the store as well as be a cashier. My manager was fun and upbeat.
Productive in a Party retail environment
Retail and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 14, 2014
Successfully completing projects on short deadlines and familiarity with opening and closing tasks
Learning the multi-faceted operation of a retail store, including cashiering and management
Experience in merchandising, ordering, and stocking inventory
Answering phones and coordinating orders and transfers from other store locations
fun and busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJuly 14, 2014
customer service, team supervision, Co workers was friendly work went fast and we stayed busy.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHJuly 12, 2014
Pros: dependable job with good benefits
Cons: 2 halls for alzeimer's residents that can be violent
A typical day here is going to be cleaning on a schedule in each residents' rooms, as well as offices and common areas. also, if you are cross trained for laundry aide, you will wash, dry, and sort personal items for the residents of this nursing home.
An okay place to work if you need cash in your pocket.
Customer Service & Cashier (Current Employee), Garner, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: full-time co-workers, blowing up balloons, interacting with children
Cons: not enough hours (max. amount of hours is 13~15 if your lucky), disorganized management, lazy co-workers
Working here is okay, but it can get immensely frustrating.

It's terribly redundant, slow, and you don't get the hours that you ask for. The (part time) co-workers could be better as they do not pull a lot of their weight around the store and like to gossip and goof off. I have worked with the full-timers a couple of times and they're absolutely amazing.

Management – more... is very disorganized and you're waiting on them when you have a line at your register. They don't teach you how to fill in helium tank rentals or use an electronic label gun to make labels.When explaining a project, they're not very clear, give you all the information at once and expect you to be done within the same night. You're reprimanded and written up for minor things, but you don't receive any praise if you're doing well.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be blowing up balloons for customers and interacting with children. – less
not available
Cahier/ Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee), san antonio txJuly 7, 2014
On a daily interaction with customers as well as with co workers was the most enjoyable part of the job
Was a fun place to work
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJuly 6, 2014
This was a very fun place to work but I did not see any room for growth.
Interesting Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Forestville, MDJuly 6, 2014
Pros: dressing up for holidays
Cons: no breaks, long hours that were not scheduled, lazy co-workers, call- ins on days scheduled off
On a typical day at work, a person could be scheduled to work for 4 hours and not leave until after they've reached 6 or 7 hours with no breaks. I learned that attendance really affects the people one works with after several of my co-workers arrived anywhere from an hour to 2 hours late. The management at the store I worked were very laid back and – more... easy going, but sometimes at the wrong times, like when discipline should have been in order. My co-workers were not very serious about their jobs. They were nice, but they slacked off a lot and put all the work on the new people coming into the company. The hardest part of the job had to have been working with people that didn't want to really work. It became more of an inconvenience than a pleasure working there. I was called in on my days off and my job was threatened numerous times when I would refuse going in on days off or if I had doctor visits that were approved before hand. I have to say that I did enjoy being able to dress up at work for the holidays and met many new interesting people (even made quite a few tips because of my attitude and because I talked to and gave advice to some). – less
Fun place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2014
There's so much to do that keeps the job interesting and fun.

1 2 3 4 5