Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,067 reviews matching the search
Fun experience
Customer Service/Cashier/Stock manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2017
You will be able to help people as well as feel each holiday as it comes and passes by. This is a good job to experience it will help you to learn how to multi task and attend to each person's specific need.
Fun workplace
Bakersfield (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Always an upbeat atmosphere when you walked into my party city's location, we kept it clean and safe for our customers. Even at times during hectic holidays we managed to make everyone happy before leaving our store.
Fulfilling and professional work environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 7, 2017
Dynamic and energetic atmosphere with daily challenges that keep the work day positive. Constant changes to adapt to multiple seasons, events, and holidays helps make everyday exciting. Helping our customers fulfill their wants and needs to make their event special.
Great Workplace
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 5, 2017
I learned how to be a team leader and work well with others. The workplace was great. Peers were great. The location was perfect from my home. Very nice
Productive yet hectic
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 5, 2017
I was only a seasonal employee for Halloween so it seemed hard at times but it was fun.Being able to seethe joy and the excitement in kids faces when they find their favorite halloween costume was adorable.
Productive and fun environment
Morgan Hill (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Fun place to work, friendly staff, clean building, productive. However there is some favouritism and some judgments from management and overly strict rules. But you get decent pay with little hours making work/personal life easily manageable.
Pros
Employee discount, comdata payment system
Cons
Short breaks, poor benefits, short hours
Seasonal job
Customer service sales representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Very fun and busy. co workers were very fun, most of the seasonal workers. The store manager and assistant store manager was very awesome.
Pros
management sometime bought you lunch, Lovely managers
Cons
small break room
Busy enviroment for holidays
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 4, 2017
It wasn't horrible but it is very busy during halloween. Makes for hurting feet.

You have to be willing to work closely with others and be willing to communicate
Pros
Discount
Cons
Constantly moving, no acceptance for tattoos in the workplace and forced to wear a costume in outside heat
Very fast paced during their busiest season but wonderful coworkers
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I worked as a cashier and would always find it little to no work required in terms of working with my fellow coworkers. The customers were very compliant with a person who would just be learning the ropes and therefore made the experience even easier for me to learn. As for the other things while working here I really like the communication with coworker to customer as they rarely did not have any issues after interacting with one of us.
Well Productive work ethic.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Typical day at work, would just being attentive towards customers, finding certain costumes for satisfy the customers liking. furthered more in stocking and cashiering experience.
Easy job but hours got short
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJanuary 4, 2017
It was a fun job with a lot of co workers, managers weren't the best they were intimidating and if u asked a question it felt like unwas bothering them. Work was not hard but it was hard to stay busy
Pros
Co workers, easy work
Cons
Managers, boring, slow
I enjoyed working for them.
Halloween Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed seeing new people and helping customers find the costume that they were looking for. Security was a little shaky, but everything else was fine even the hours.
Productive and fun environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Working at party city was an enjoyable experience. There was no down time, especially as a manager. we constantly worked but also had fun working with colleagues. Everyday I would check inventory, check in on our employees to make sure they were all working, double check registers to confirm there was the right amount of cash, provide excellent customer service, and clean the store every night to make sure it was presentable for the next day.
Pros
Plenty of hours, fun environment, good benefits.
Cons
short breaks, understaffed at times.
worst ever
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 3, 2017
hours never steady only during Halloween season. management is a joke. no break room. no room for growth. really good for a high school students as as a cashier nothing more.
Quit
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Seasons are the best, Everyone is on their feet, keeping things in order, looking out for the team and company. Great communication with the customer and give good assistance.
Pros
communicating
Cons
short breaks
the job was great
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 2, 2017
i was taught how to do hings right away. it was around halloween when i started so it was busy but i jumped right in and got to work.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 2, 2017
Party City is a fun company to work for. The environment is a very rich and entertaining one at that, and the staff is very kind and productive.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Short lunch
Party city corp.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Working at party city made me become very flexible work wise and taught me that working hard pays off. Working here helped mold me into the hard working woman I today.
Pros
Free lunches, extra break if needed
Cons
Breaks became a problem, coworkers were rude and immature
overall it a good place to work if you don't need that much money
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 30, 2016
a typical day at work is very boring because people don't show up that much. unless you can keep yourself busy then you'll be fine.
Pros
it's easy
Cons
short hours
It was a great experience.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 28, 2016
Working at PArty City was a great experience i got to meet a lot of people each day and intereact with so many different customers. I was able to learn and grow as a person with the skills that i was able to pick and learn in that fast pace environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location