Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Very Disappointed
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2017
As disappointing as it sounds, I started and quit the same day. I was very excited when I got hired, but very disappointed when I started. Management was not prepared, people training me seemed like they didn't want to be bothered with me, the whole environment was unprofessional. 1 break the whole 8 hours I was there, so my feet were ON FIRE after my shift was over. Thank God a better opportunity called me while I was taking my break.
Pros
Customers were nice
Cons
Everything else
Lessons I learned
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 4, 2017
It was a good place to work over the years .
Daily I was required to the daily task of running the store . I received 20 to 30 emails from my DM that I had to react to on a daily basis . I received emails from the office that required my attention . Leaving little time for the day for daily task that the required of you . I did planograms , customer service , receiving and freight daily .
I trained in a company program on mentoring and developing the best associate we could promote .
Fast paced and busy culture .
Keeping up with the demands of the DM
The kids and customer satisfaction were my greatest reward .Children coming for parties and costumes . They were so excited you see it in the eyes of the kids . If you are kid friendly .Then it is the place for you ,
Benefits
Cons
To many programs rolling out at the same time . At the busiest part of the year
Great work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14623October 4, 2017
I love everything about it. The place is great and the people I work with are awesome. I learned a lot from working there. Never had any problem with anyone that I work with.
Dealing with a lot of customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2017
Working there is a little stressful due to the fact that you have to deal with customers. I have gotten a few clients who are a bit rude but its part of the job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Cool place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTOctober 4, 2017
Very easy going, always something to do, fast pace at times, and very balanced, great benefits and a lot o ways to climb the corporate ladder, overall, great place to work.
competive place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PROctober 3, 2017
it was a fun place , but at the same time very intimidating. There was no team work, management made it look like a competition... but from that i learned a lot of customer service and patience
Relaxed environment for a part time job
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILOctober 3, 2017
Party city was exactly what you'd expect. A low paying job, but the work load reflected that. The job was very simple from day to day, with Halloween season being the only time that is actually stressful. Overall, it was a decent part time job.
Comfortable, relaxed environment, friendly staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIOctober 3, 2017
Easy an simple, would be a great first job. Staff and managers are very flexible with hours. Very friendly to work with. Not a high stress environment at all.
Pros
Friendly staff, decent pays
Cons
Low pay, not a lot of full time positions
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 3, 2017
The managers there are no good they don’t care about the workers. All the managers do isnsit around up front by the registers and talk closer to the end of the night and they do not help to clean up
It's a good place to work
Front End Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 2, 2017
I was a fast pace workplace. Friday-Sunday were very busy with ballon orders. The management is good. They know what they're doing. It's a relatively fun place to work.
Fun Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 2, 2017
Party city is a fast paced employer, they only hire during halloween is when you get the most hours. After season is completed the hours get cutoff. Over all its a fun place and discounts are great.
Pros
Retail discounts
Cons
Barely any raises
Low salary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNOctober 2, 2017
The amount of work you put into party city I believe they should pay more. You have to restock the whole store for holidays and pack up the store for the old holidays. That isn't an easy thing to do so I believe they should pay more than minimum wage.
Pros
Off on holidays
Cons
Low salary
poor work enviorment
Temporary cashier (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXOctober 2, 2017
poor work enviorment , manager were not stable. not friendly . Not a set schedule, not proper managment. Unprofessional workers and managers. Unsanitary
Great high school work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 1, 2017
Party City was a great job that I had while in high school. It taught me basic cashier and sales associate skills. It also taught me to be patient and take the time to assess guests needs and wants.
Pros
store discount
Cons
short breaks
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 1, 2017
party city is very fast pace around the halloween time , saturday will be your most busy day, management is great, customer service is great, the job is very easy to understand
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
worst company ive ever worked for.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 1, 2017
i am an epileptic. my management thought it would be okay to make fun of me for having epilepsy, the only reason i stayed there was because i didnt owe bills at the time and the money i was making was helping with gas and nobody was hiring. i would never recommend this place to work as long as the management thats still there is still there.
Fun work place
Cashier/ Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILSeptember 30, 2017
Every one gets along well. You are family here. Management needs to step up their game. Hardest part is dealing with those rude customers who want stuff for free.
High volume fast paced retail setting
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 30, 2017
In this high paced environment, customer satisfaction is a priority. Corrective action in customer recovery and retention, in the event that a customer is unsatisfied, is the highest of priorities.
Pros
Fun, energetic culture.
Cons
Long work hours, especially during high volume seasons (ex: Halloween)
Very productive and fast paced.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 30, 2017
Everything was fun and fairly easy. The manager was nice, everyone is friendly and gets along well. Some customers can get a little rude, but it's not over the top.
my opinion on what its like working at party city
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 29, 2017
a typical day at work for me at Party City mostly consisted of working the cash register and balloons. i learned that consistnecy is key for mostly everything. Management varied day by day. Hallowween is the busiest time of year for party city therefore many of the co-workers and even managers are stressed. the hardest part of the job for me was dealing with the rude and rowdy customers. the most enjoyable part of that job was returning the returned items to thier rightful spots on the shelves.
Pros
decent pay, decent co-workers, decent managers
Cons
fastpaced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.