Party City Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,673 reviews matching the search
Comfortable work place
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJune 22, 2016
Comfortable workplace that made me feel responsible, however management could have been better. My co-workers were fun and everyone got along well, there wasn't a hard part about the job it was fairly simple.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Short breaks, and poor management
Somewhere to start out
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 20, 2016
Working at Party City really meant stressful days of running around trying to do not only my job but other people's jobs as well since many people did not do their jobs efficiently or properly. I learned a lot of time management skills, how to work with a team, and a lot of valuable leadership skills that really help to form the process of creating wellrounded and thoughout plans that are truly effective. My co-workers tended to slack off a little bit, but that provided numerous opportunities for me to step up and get leadership experience by providing opportunities to teach them new and more efficient ways to do tasks. The hardest part about working at Party City was getting my mangaers to really listen to my feedback and get them to help me with difficult situations. Even with the difficulties I faced the every day contact with customers being able to help them find what they needed to make their party what they wanted was the best feeling. Customers truly made Party City a great place to be.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Stressful work environment
I dread going there sometimes
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 20, 2016
They are so disorganized its a real pain to get into it and as a minimum wage job I would not recommend party city. Its just not really an inviting environment.
Goal Oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 19, 2016
A typical day at work is ringing up customers, hearing about their day and building a relationship. I learned how to manage my time under a time crunch as well. My co-workers are extremely helpful and we all work together to get the job done. There really isn't anything difficult about the job, it would only be difficult if you don't want to be there. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the different types people that come in the store, many are from different parts of the world since the store is located near a tourist attraction.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 16, 2016
easy going work days blowing up blowing was the most fun part i learned how to blow up balloons and the difference between them. my manager was an butt never let anyone have days off. co works were funny and easy going
Fun and accepting
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJune 16, 2016
i only worked in this establishment for 2 weeks, the position was seasonal. I did enjoy going to work and being at work. my co- workers were nice, I really liked the interaction with the customers. I did have to stay late at times but I did not mind this at all because I was not the only one staying late.
Fun and Busy workplace
Associate Clerk/Cashier/Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJune 16, 2016
There was no typical day at work in this job because it was retail there were multiple different tasks especially considering what season it is. The busiest, hardest, and most enjoyable season is halloween which the store is most known for. I had the opportunity to work for three halloweens, was only temporary until they decided to keep me for the other seasons. This temporary job turned into my longest job and I like it very much. I learned many new things that will stay with me while working for other companies in the future.
Pros
enjoyable and fun environment. great management
Cons
short breaks, during slow seasons less hours, minimum wage.
Productive and fun work environment
Front End Supervisor in 2014 (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 16, 2016
I have worked there or 5 years. They were very flexible with my high school/ soccer schedule and college schedule. It is a great job. All the managers are friendly and care about their employees.
fun place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 16, 2016
employee to customer relations are paramont love the interaction with different people.store hours are great not too early not too late.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no room to advance
fast paced
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2016
Working closely with customers. There is a lot of people during this season so you need to learn to stay calm and just help one by one
Pros
fun
Cons
really fastpaced
PartyCity central park ave yonkers ny
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  yonkers nyJune 15, 2016
Great store to work at. Managers are super helpful at all times. Theres always something to do, theres always a customers to help. Easy going job, co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is cleaning and putting returns back. I enjoyed working here all together. I go back every season.
Party City was a low paying job that helped me appreciete my job now.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJune 14, 2016
A typical ay at party city is very calm, it kind of goes by slow because there is not much to do. I learned to have good customer service skills which helped me in the long run with my current job. Management was fair to all the employs. All the people who worked in the store got along real well together, and worked well with one another. The hardest part of the job was around Halloween time, because that is when party city's busiest season is. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to wear costumes while working on the clock.
Pros
Short hours easy going enviornment
Cons
No breaks, not so good pay.
Big store, fun environment
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 14, 2016
I started with Party City as a low level employee. Within the week I was promoted to floor manager over a temporary holloween store that Party City owned. I was in charge of managing the 50+ employees ( scheduling, organize breaks, etc). After the season, I was offered my own store and was promoted to General Manager. Party Cities have a lot of employees ( more so than the Subway store i used to run), but i love a challenge.
fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJune 14, 2016
I learned how to get there on time and learning how to cooperate with the managers and workers also how to work with customers by use my phone, lip-reading, or hand gesture. I am deaf.
Pros
Free foods
Cons
Not enough hours for me
knowledgeable
server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2016
At party city I learned what customer service was about and the importance of organization and knowing about your work environment.
Poor, Rude Management and little to no opportunity for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, Junction RoadJune 13, 2016
I have never had a worse employment experience in my life. The General Manager was extremely pushy, inconsistent, and rude overall. The schedule was always put up last minute and would often call me to the point of it being harrassment on my off days. I completely regret ever applying for this job and I do not recommend this to even my worst enemy. I am quitting soon and nothing would ever make me return.
Pros
Good for work experience
Cons
Short breaks, harassment on off days, rude managers, pay not on par with work
I love the atmosphere
Front End Supervisor/ keyholder (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 11, 2016
It has a great opportunity for advancement. I love working in close contact with my customers to ensure the best possible experience. My coworkers are like a second family and everyone is very welcoming.
productive and fast paced work place
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORJune 9, 2016
During the time I worked at party city everyone was very friendly and helpful in training me. It was very fast paced and there was never time to just sit down and relax which it what I loved about it.
Pros
always busy
Cons
products got moved around constantly, it was hard to keep track of where things were in the store.
productive and fun work place with lots of costumes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 9, 2016
my typical day at work would started after I left school. I would go into work and change into my work clothes and get my eye piece. I would go down the rolls to find a piece of a costume to wear while I checked out people at the front. After two hours of checking out people and helping cleans rows I would go on break with some coworkers. we had 30 minutes for lunch. After that I would go back to the register and start back up. I would always get those cute babies getting costumes for Halloween. Two hours went by and it was time to start cleaning up and that's when the hard work really started. Children run though party city and found everything they wanted, and when it's time to go they put it back anyway. So it was our job to find everything they throw back and put it back in place. Putting stuff back could take up to 2 or 3 hours or shorter if we won't playing around with the managers, but that was the fun put of our jog. Around 1 in the morning everything would be done and it was time to go.
Great company, fun, great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting & greeting customers! I always greeted them with a smile and welcome! Most people like it when they are recognized as they enter the store. I enjoyed being the cashier...it came natural to me. I liked keeping the area nice and clean and in order. Helping the customer was always a plus because the store had over 1 million items and it could be difficult to find something specific. My co-workers were so kind and always helpful. The one thing that I didn't like was blowing up balloons because, if they explode, the helium gets all over your face and clothes! Management excelled at Party City! They were driven by to be their best and they were great!
Pros
They always complimented you when you kept your area in order.
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch, cashiers felt isolated from the other workers.

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location