Party City Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,675 reviews matching the search
productive and fun work place with lots of costumes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 9, 2016
my typical day at work would started after I left school. I would go into work and change into my work clothes and get my eye piece. I would go down the rolls to find a piece of a costume to wear while I checked out people at the front. After two hours of checking out people and helping cleans rows I would go on break with some coworkers. we had 30 minutes for lunch. After that I would go back to the register and start back up. I would always get those cute babies getting costumes for Halloween. Two hours went by and it was time to start cleaning up and that's when the hard work really started. Children run though party city and found everything they wanted, and when it's time to go they put it back anyway. So it was our job to find everything they throw back and put it back in place. Putting stuff back could take up to 2 or 3 hours or shorter if we won't playing around with the managers, but that was the fun put of our jog. Around 1 in the morning everything would be done and it was time to go.
Great company, fun, great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting & greeting customers! I always greeted them with a smile and welcome! Most people like it when they are recognized as they enter the store. I enjoyed being the cashier...it came natural to me. I liked keeping the area nice and clean and in order. Helping the customer was always a plus because the store had over 1 million items and it could be difficult to find something specific. My co-workers were so kind and always helpful. The one thing that I didn't like was blowing up balloons because, if they explode, the helium gets all over your face and clothes! Management excelled at Party City! They were driven by to be their best and they were great!
Pros
They always complimented you when you kept your area in order.
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch, cashiers felt isolated from the other workers.
worth the money and hours you put into it
Seasonal Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WA 98374June 7, 2016
i was only there for Halloween but just for the month i have learned a lot about how things get done and how you should treat your customers and that team work is so very important when helping with customers no matter how rude they might seem.
Pros
great pay
Cons
since i was only seasonal, the people who worked there longer seem kinda stuck up i guess but very focused on the task at hand.
Productive work place
Seasonal Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CA 93551June 5, 2016
I only worked seasonal for halloween, so there was always something to do. I had to be very attentive to detail while recovering the store. The management was great, very personable. Diversity among co-workers because they hired so many people during this time. The hardest part of the job was trying to not get bored of the same thing, constantly picking up after kids and adults that don't know how to put things back where they found them. It was enjoyable because there was never a dull moment.
fun but under paid
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 5, 2016
i think this was the funniest job i had experienced. the atmosphere was fun but the computer systems are outdated. The holidays were fun because everyone was engaged
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
underpaid
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJJune 4, 2016
I loved working for Party City. The environment was very friendly. The people there were very helpful if there was anything that needed to be learned they would help you. The managers were pretty friendly and always lended a helping hand. The customer base there was very busy and you got to meet new people everyday, so that was very cool.
Productive but very slow work days
Restocker (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work was very slow because all I really did was restock items people returned or fixed merchandise that people took off the racks. I learned how to work in a working environment. The management was good my manager was nice and very eager to teach me things. The hardest part was not having anything to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on balloons.
Pros
Short working hours
Cons
Didn't get paid
Party City
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 2, 2016
Party city is a great company everyday was something different. In this job you would have to come in and let a manager know your in already. then the manager would tell you your task of the day. it could be from being a cashier , being the balloon specialist , cleaning the floor and working on put backs , or helping with a special assignment such as remodeling a section. it was an easy and flexible job. such a great experience.
Pros
no professional clothing or hair.!
Cons
shift could end really late as 1 am
Great environment and a fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJune 2, 2016
Working at Party City was fun and easy. I was a cashier, i'd answer phones and work at the ballon counter. I'd great all costumers that would come and i'd do freight, go backs and recovery.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks
Great Seasonal Job
Halloween Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 2, 2016
I was only here in October because it was a seasonal job. From what I can speak on, it was a very fun job mainly because Halloween is my favorite holiday. Party City is where I first exercised my sales etiquette, making sure that I attentive and focused solely on the customer's needs. I prided myself on making sure that the customer was taken care of in a timely manner and left the store with everything they needed for a particular costume. It was very hectic up until Halloween day so good communication between teams were very important to eliminate confusion. The best part of the job was that to promote the Halloween season employees were allowed to wear some of the costumes and have props.
Pros
Fun, Great Communication, Recognition for doing a good job
Cons
extremely hectic, can't leave until the last customer left
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJune 1, 2016
I loved working at office depot and was very sad to leave (which i did for personal reasons). My favorite day (and most productive day) was always sunday--a few coworkers and i would arrive 3 hours prior to opening and would set the ad for the week, which included deals and savings customers could snag until the next sunday! Also, we would work on planograms and reports in between providing great customer service.
Pros
fun. friendly. work was great.
Cons
store manager
This work place was pretty decent for my first job
Cashier/ Straightener (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2016
All my bosses were good people and I enjoyed those I worked alongside. However I was rarely told I could take breaks and would often times not receive one even after working long shifts.
Cons
short to almost no breaks
it's ok for seasonal
Seasonal sales Associate/ Stock Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2016
very long hours, not enough pay. seemed a little hard as far as working with others. job should be more than seasonal. I did learn a bit more as to what customers really want in retail. Learning how employees should work together and not apart
Pros
customers are fantastic
Cons
long hours and not enough pay
Fun to work with different store with different people
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 30, 2016
beginning of Week days busy with buying for both stores.
working with different associates,Sales analysis.
Managing Inventory level.
Most enjoyable in my job is Sales analysis, managing Inventory level.
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 29, 2016
A typical day at work was coming in getting started straight away. cashier was very fast paced job. working in the back with the costumes was also fast paced.
Pros
fast
Cons
cold
No hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 29, 2016
Job is very easy and can be fast paced on very busy days. Audits performed every six months for determining raises, but hours not very secure. Halloween is the peak.
Good for entry level work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 29, 2016
Started as a temporary Halloween expert which was a difficult job, very fast paced, and had to deal with difficult situations on a consistent basis with little breaks. Good job for getting reputable experience in customer service.
Pros
Employee discount (10%)
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Fast paced fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 28, 2016
I LOVED working here. Halloween season was a little hectic but the experience taught me how to work in a more fast paced environment.
not alot of down time
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAMay 27, 2016
Party city is very busy during the Halloween season. The first couple of weeks aren't that hard, but when its a week before Halloween the customers start pouring in and it is very hectic.
Pros
coworkers are always freindly
Cons
The compensation for the type of work you do is not worth it
Save yourself
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 27, 2016
Unless you have superhuman patience and energy, I wouldnt suggest working during the halloween season. Put it this way, i worked one day from 11 am to 4 am the next day.

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location