Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,547 reviews matching the search
Retail dinosaur
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 6, 2017
Outdated labor intensive policies coupled with diminishing labor hours are the hallmarks of near-sighted management and mark the beginning of the end for this retail dinosaur.
Productive company to work for, flexible hrs.,good benefits
Account Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 6, 2017
Work for them for 10yrs, relaxed atmosphere to work in. The owner was outstanding, on hand with his employees and expected 100% form his workers. Fast paced environment , but rewarding.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
N/a
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 6, 2017
i had a great experience working here
worker and management are great
very sad that i was only a seasonal worker
very busy environment
party planners dream
Pros
long paid lunch
Cons
part time seasonal job
different season and events to stock
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 5, 2017
customer service, stocking, ordering, plan-o-grams, opening and closing store.
learned to receive merchandise trucks
hardest part was having to write employee up for broken rule
Pros
end of year bonus
Cons
long work hours
terrible manager, racist costumes, but fantastic co-workers
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 5, 2017
the costumes were racist caricatures, the managers were intimidating when they weren't unobservant, and the hours were impossible to pin down. Money is money, but honestly the people there deserved better.
Extremely terrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2017
They don't give enough of hours to the associates and management is terrible due to them not paying enough and they don't take the time to care of others, with all due respect.
Enjoyed working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 5, 2017
At party city I learned a lot about working retail. I met many nice people, who I still keep contact with a year later. It was a pleasant environment that offered experience and understand, cooperative management.
Pros
Pleasant experience
Cons
Pay
fun/Stressful
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 5, 2017
Very Seasonal Store Constant Changes with the right team this would be a great job but with out communication everything will fall apart, Very fun workplace
Poor Management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 4, 2017
I worked for Party City for 6 years (off and on) and over the years management has got worst. Now don't get me right, its a nice place to shop but when it come to employee they would care less if you had a death in the family. When I was an temporary Halloween help the GM of the store would let me know every time I worked that I was only a temp. Now that I'm no longer working there the manager still follow me around the store and watch over me as I'm checking out. And that show how Party City managers has poor people skills but there are some manager that work with you. Maybe the GM just don't trust and like me.
An ideal environment for a hard worker but not necessarily the pay or th benfits of one
Assistant Manager, Full Time (Active (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 4, 2017
While I do enjoy working for this company, the benefits and pay do not in anyway reflect the amount of time and work that you put in to making a store great or even efficient. As a manager, you are given a zone to work in and keep up to date with the latest revisions, products, and tasks such as replenishment. In conjunction with these tasks, you are also expected to run the store, help with other team members zones and run register if there are not enough hours for other employees to work. It can be tedious but for someone who likes to stay busy, it can be worth it. However, what is not worth it is the lack of pay associated with the amount of work any manager is required to do and the inability for that work to be equally dispersed fairly. I myself have on more than one occasion, worked the zones of other managers consistently, done all the office paperwork and filed it in an organized manner, been in charge of organizing the office, stocking areas, and the floor top stock all while trying to work my own zone and potentially run register at the same time. Multitasking is essential but the hard work can pay off in the form of knowing that you yourself have done an excellent job but in very little other respects.
Pros
It is a fun place to work, seasonal changes mean you get to see new things all the time
Cons
Lack of pay, th amount of work necessary with no benefits from it
Nightmare during holidays
Attendant/ Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FL 33015June 3, 2017
working here as a seasonal is pretty chaotic, people are always making a mess and the store is falling apart during Halloween time. You may work short hours but they will be irregular and fluctuate.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours, no breaks, chaotic
Fun and productive
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 2, 2017
I absolutely loved working here, great employees and management, customers always left happy, wish I could have worked here longer than just a seasonal shift
Pros
Got halloween bonus, wear costumes
Cons
Paid minimum wage, worked seasonal
we wroked as one
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 2, 2017
while working at party city its was very busy. i really don't have any problems with this place everybody works together and stays on top of everything and doesn't mind helping anyone in need of help. i had to quit because of lack of transportation.
Pros
lunches was 30 min
Cons
everything thing in the store was half off
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 2, 2017
It is a great job for students in high school. It helps with customer service and communication skills. It was fun to interact with customers, especially during Halloween season because you get to showcase your creativity and advice with customers.
Seasonal Associate
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 2, 2017
It wasn't run by professionals. The miscommunication between management made the associates feel they could do whatever they wanted. The job was simple, help the customers find a costume and show them to the changing room.
Cons
Not taken seriously
Fun work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 1, 2017
Party city was a fun job as well as stressful depending on your position. Party city was fun because the company itself. You helped people with party.
Pros
Fun all around environment
Cons
Pay
Ambiente divertido
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 1, 2017
Es un lugar muy bueno de trabajo y con compañeros buenos
it was awesome
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 1, 2017
The job was pretty good i had a lot of fun. The atmosphere was great and there were a lot of great people working there. The management was ok a lot of different personalities. There were a lot of great events that happened within the company which made it a great work environment.
Productive and busy workplace in a good environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 1, 2017
Working at party city was a great experience. It was my first job, and it was a great way to learn how to interact with customers. The store was oftentimes busy, especially on the weekends and during the halloween season, so that helped challenge me to learn how to work quickly but efficiently at the same time. The environment was good and I liked my co-workers, and it was overall a great experience working there. My favorite part of the job was helping customers, especially seeing them be pleasantly surprised of how easy and enjoyable their visit to the store could be with my help.
good job but horrible associates and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJune 1, 2017
Party citys management is a mess. You never know whos safe and whos not. The customers are so rude and you are treated as a slave. You dont get paid enough for what they make you go through.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location