Party City Corporation

Party City Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHJuly 12, 2014
Pros: dependable job with good benefits
Cons: 2 halls for alzeimer's residents that can be violent
A typical day here is going to be cleaning on a schedule in each residents' rooms, as well as offices and common areas. also, if you are cross trained for laundry aide, you will wash, dry, and sort personal items for the residents of this nursing home.
An okay place to work if you need cash in your pocket.
Customer Service & Cashier (Current Employee), Garner, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: full-time co-workers, blowing up balloons, interacting with children
Cons: not enough hours (max. amount of hours is 13~15 if your lucky), disorganized management, lazy co-workers
Working here is okay, but it can get immensely frustrating.

It's terribly redundant, slow, and you don't get the hours that you ask for. The (part time) co-workers could be better as they do not pull a lot of their weight around the store and like to gossip and goof off. I have worked with the full-timers a couple of times and they're absolutely amazing.

Management – more... is very disorganized and you're waiting on them when you have a line at your register. They don't teach you how to fill in helium tank rentals or use an electronic label gun to make labels.When explaining a project, they're not very clear, give you all the information at once and expect you to be done within the same night. You're reprimanded and written up for minor things, but you don't receive any praise if you're doing well.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be blowing up balloons for customers and interacting with children. – less
not available
Cahier/ Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee), san antonio txJuly 7, 2014
On a daily interaction with customers as well as with co workers was the most enjoyable part of the job
Was a fun place to work
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJuly 6, 2014
This was a very fun place to work but I did not see any room for growth.
Interesting Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Forestville, MDJuly 6, 2014
Pros: dressing up for holidays
Cons: no breaks, long hours that were not scheduled, lazy co-workers, call- ins on days scheduled off
On a typical day at work, a person could be scheduled to work for 4 hours and not leave until after they've reached 6 or 7 hours with no breaks. I learned that attendance really affects the people one works with after several of my co-workers arrived anywhere from an hour to 2 hours late. The management at the store I worked were very laid back and – more... easy going, but sometimes at the wrong times, like when discipline should have been in order. My co-workers were not very serious about their jobs. They were nice, but they slacked off a lot and put all the work on the new people coming into the company. The hardest part of the job had to have been working with people that didn't want to really work. It became more of an inconvenience than a pleasure working there. I was called in on my days off and my job was threatened numerous times when I would refuse going in on days off or if I had doctor visits that were approved before hand. I have to say that I did enjoy being able to dress up at work for the holidays and met many new interesting people (even made quite a few tips because of my attitude and because I talked to and gave advice to some). – less
Store Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2014
There's so much to do that keeps the job interesting and fun.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 30, 2014
There was always music playing, and always a great environment.
They were very flexible with my school schedule.
Fun place to work with great productivity and environment is also great
Store Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJune 28, 2014
Pros: fun to work
A day of work is always fun to me helping the customer get the costume they want for Halloween and seeing them try it on. I learned to quickly and efficiently work in a hectic environment. Management is always cool but knows when to harden up on the employees. My co-workers are always fun to be around and make a day at work better. Hardest part of the – more... job is dealing with certain people that don't know their limits. Most enjoyable part of the job is looking at the children and how happy they get when they got the costume they wanted. – less
Fun Job!
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee), Littleton, COJune 27, 2014
Pros: breaks, fun people, awesome customers
I worked as a seasonal employee for Party City and loved it! I'm a very creative and hands on person and loved being able to help customers turn their costumes into characters. I oddly loved spinning the sign out on the side of the street as well!
High pace retail environment! Family fun and friendly customers.
District manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2014
On a daily basis I would travel from store to store to conduct store visits/audits or simple pop-in visit. I spend a lot of time training and developing General Managers but was in communication with all members of management.
Through the years I learned how important it is to know your customer's need in order for the company to be successful. It is – more... also very important to treat your team with respect. I also learned that anyone can be a manager but not anyone can be a leader. Leadership is the key to success.
My management style is to lead by example.
The harderst part of the job was mediation.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the retail aspect of it didn't feel like the long retail hours during the holiday season. Our main holiday was Halloween so this allowed us the time to enjoy our families during the holiday season (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years). – less
fun work zone
Supervisor (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: managers
grewt way to learn about events. great team of co workers. awesome place to start.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 23, 2014
With this being my first job, my co-workers were very nice and helpful. Everyone got along and I loved helping the customers decide which costumes to get. Overall this was a nice place to work.
super fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), La Habra, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: halloween was the best time of the year
Cons: hours /no healthcare
it was my first job...i loved it...different seasons...decorations...etc great people and coworkers.
A fun and fast paced place to work, festive and full of life. The overall experience was one to treasure, and learning was abundant.
Halloween Expert (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, caring co-workers.
Cons: seasonal
You always had something fun and exciting to do, whether it was stocking costumes or helping customers find what they needed. Understanding costumes and all things halloween related was the most fun, and you always found something new, fun or entertaining. The managers were all willing to work with you, if it was scheduling or understanding a task. – more... Most of the people that worked there were also enjoyed the job making it fun to go into work everyday. The hardest part about the job always comes the week before and leading up to halloween with all the last minute people upset cause they can't get the costume they want, and it's is difficult to explain that being prepared means we can get them something a week before especially if it is a popular costume. But often it was as easy as suggesting some of beat ideas until they hear something that appeals to them. In essence this was and is may favorite job. – less
Fun place to work
Lead Cashier/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 19, 2014
Pros: very flexible hours
Cons: rate of pay
Party city was a great experience. I enjoyed dressing up for Halloween and the fun staff. .
Stocker (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 18, 2014
Never did the same thing. I like the unpredictability. Sold party supplies and Halloween costumes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJune 17, 2014
It was a pretty good first job that I have had although for art time workers I do think they should have benefits if they have us working like here fulltime.
very fun and entertaining
Sales associate (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 16, 2014
customer service was big deal which was a good principle to have in the store

co-workers are extremly friendly
ok work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 16, 2014
Pros: longer
Cons: short breaks
fun place too work they just not about the hours but good place to work
Helped File Documents
Party City Assistant (Former Employee), Laguna Niguel, CAJune 12, 2014
Filed important files
Gathered information to help the company expand

Party City Corporation Photos