Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,551 reviews matching the search
Ambiente divertido
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 1, 2017
Es un lugar muy bueno de trabajo y con compañeros buenos
it was awesome
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 1, 2017
The job was pretty good i had a lot of fun. The atmosphere was great and there were a lot of great people working there. The management was ok a lot of different personalities. There were a lot of great events that happened within the company which made it a great work environment.
Productive and busy workplace in a good environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 1, 2017
Working at party city was a great experience. It was my first job, and it was a great way to learn how to interact with customers. The store was oftentimes busy, especially on the weekends and during the halloween season, so that helped challenge me to learn how to work quickly but efficiently at the same time. The environment was good and I liked my co-workers, and it was overall a great experience working there. My favorite part of the job was helping customers, especially seeing them be pleasantly surprised of how easy and enjoyable their visit to the store could be with my help.
good job but horrible associates and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJune 1, 2017
Party citys management is a mess. You never know whos safe and whos not. The customers are so rude and you are treated as a slave. You dont get paid enough for what they make you go through.
Fun and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 1, 2017
If you like to have your inner child come out and take over while you're at work, by all means go ahead. Your coworkers will not all that you think they will be, but get ready to blow up balloons everyday.
Fun environment but awful management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 1, 2017
If you want a job that deals with strong nepotism and sexism, then this is the job for you. Working your butt off makes no difference since the managers only promote workers that they're close friends with and don't take account to productivity. For the sexism, managers will also assume you can't help with stocking despite proving them otherwise, but who cares since you are a "weak and fragile woman" and they supposedly need "strong men". Not only that, but the main boss normally has more hours than necessary and spends all the time in the back room barely helping the sales floor. Ridiculous and very toxic management. The environment, however, is fun and (most) coworkers are enjoyable to be around nonetheless.
Pros
Fun coworkers and environment, fast-paced
Cons
Prevalent nepotism and sexist management, Corrupt boss
Low Pay too many hours
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 31, 2017
Working at Party City was a hard job. Working in retail anywhere is extremely hard. dedicate 85+ hours a week during peak times with little or no compensation. The people were great to work with.
Pros
collegues
Cons
too many hours no compensation
It's a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLMay 31, 2017
The managers are low quality and are often switched out. Due to the location the customers are a hassle, and are very rude. The store is extremely dirty as well. Honestly, the only reason I have stayed so long is because some of the employees make it bearable.
Nice Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NY 11514May 31, 2017
A typical day at work was pretty awesome for my first city job. I learned all the experiences I will need to have in the future, management was nice the environment was peaceful etc. The hardest part of the job was honestly, not that hard at all. Going back and forth through my assigned areas, making everything was tidy, was a breeze but, once you have finished that I would have to keep pretending like it is not so my manager would not fire me. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, seeing all the new faces of customers coming in asking me for help, and leaving satisfied will their help provided from me.
slow paced
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILMay 30, 2017
-Not a good company to work for. Hard to be kept busy. Very boring and gets a little busy during holiday season. The work is extremely redundant and not very productive.
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
Assisted customer with their selection and shopping needs. My daily duties was sales, customer service, assisting manager/supervisor with closing of the store and cashier duties. I learned inventory merchandise and restocking. Diversified work place co-workers of all ethnicity. The most difficult part of the job was informing a customer that we were out of stock on a particuliar item. I enjoyed helping customers ,handling their inquiries and or complaints and offering a solution to keep our customers happy. Management very nice to work with. They were understandable, follows company rules and regulations. policy and procedures.
Pros
flexible
Cons
distance
fun and great coworkers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJ 07020May 30, 2017
typical day consisted of helping customers find what they needed, helping them find something withing their budget. a typical work day was always fun because all the coworkers got along.
Pros
fun and pleasant days
Customer service, stocking, organizing, keeping work area clean and safe, sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 29, 2017
I was at Party City during Halloween season. It was a fun job to have. Basic stocking, cleaning, lifting is required, also customer service is very important.
Pros
Setting up displays, helping kids pick out costumes
Cons
Gets crowded, customer complaints
Friendly environment to work in
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 29, 2017
It was a positive work environment. There I was able to express all the qualities of a manger. I learned new skills that were specific to the job requirement.
Customer Service
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 28, 2017
Company promotes good customer service
Fast pace working environment
Excellent Halloween procedures, stock room ready
Stocking, balloons, recovery part of job
It sucks.
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 27, 2017
Managers were very rude and inconsiderate. The hours changed all over the place; No stability in the company. I don't recommend it for the pay they are trying to give you for all of the work you do as an employee.
Fun workplace, very friendly coworkers
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
I had a great time working for them everyone was very polite and welcoming. It was great to meet new people. The managers were great and very understanding with everything. They explained the things I didn't know and helped with what I needed.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 26, 2017
Great job. Fun to work. Blowing up the balloons was a good thing to do. Customers were pleasant. Easy job. There was not enough hours though. I wish the pay was better.
Pros
Blowing up balloons
Cons
No hours/ seasonal
Get to know people
Party City (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
i like working at party City it's great. But I'm looking for another job because I want to go to school and also help my family . At party city I would want to do open and for my second job is to close. I'm very fast at learning.
Super Busy all the time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 26, 2017
My job was to sit at the Cashier all day and wait, while I waited I cleaned and blew up balloons, Management wasn't very kind there but I loved my co-workers. I'd say the hardest part of my job there was keeping up with all the Balloon orders. Best part of my job was being social. I learned how to keep things neat and keep my work space clean.
Pros
Fun Co workers
Cons
Management wasn't that nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location