Party City Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,675 reviews matching the search
ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FL 33015May 27, 2016
lots of work to be done but little bit of hours. there be so much work but only have two employees and one manager. days like that work can not always be done because you still have to help customers in be between.
Productive and Caring environment
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2016
Clock in, participate in customer service and or cash register overflow, clean and organize isles, stock shelves, stay after hours to organize and clean isles, clock out
Pros
discount
fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 26, 2016
great store and good people and had a great time working there and also getting the work done. love seeing the people happy when they buy an item
Picture Wall Expert (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Productive work days. Always had a task to complete. Friendly workers and managers. Generous with work hours and flexible with scheduling.
Working there was great.
SEASONAL CASHIER / COSTUME WALL (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAMay 25, 2016
Working here was really fun and social. It was one of the best jobs I have ever had. I really enjoyed it. And I still talk to my former co-workers.
Productive busy work place
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNMay 23, 2016
A typical work day was very productive. I learned how to communicate with customers. My co-workers were very friendly and enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is having to be on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part is the people i work with.
Pros
30% discount on employee purchase
Cons
short breaks
It's a great place to start.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
I've learned a lot from working here, between planograms and receiving. The busiest time is halloween and graduation.
creative place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 20, 2016
Fun and creative environment to work in. Seasonal jobs are the best, received great overtime hours, as well as great overtime time. However, management was not the best it could be.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
awesome place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 16, 2016
busy, multitasking, never boring, exciting, good people to work with. Hardworking, freight, work family, I love working there it never gets dull.
Pros
working non stop
Cons
minimum wage
Neutral
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 15, 2016
I had to main managers that I dealt with. The store manager and the assistant manager. The assistant manager hated me and we did not have a good relationship.
Great Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJMay 13, 2016
Great place to work. Workload is a lot, but managers work well with you. Great vision and a lot of upcoming things coming out of the company.
Incredibly Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 12, 2016
Normally during Halloween season party stores are swamped with customers looking for different things. One day I'd be stocking shelves and hanging up props, other days I'd help customers look for costumes either for themselves or their children. I learned how to think on my feet and work at a fast place, assisting more than one customer at a time. Management was really fun and sometimes even brought in food for the employees out of their own pocket. The co-workers were, at first hard to understand and warm up to, but eventually after getting on the same page we came to an understanding. Being on your feet all day isn't for most people, but as long as you keep yourself busy the day will go by faster.
Pros
Discounts and fun working environment
Cons
Short breaks
Busy, upbeat atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 11, 2016
more managers than associates, 12 people total on staff, fun place to work and I enjoy the atmosphere and other associates I work with.
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 11, 2016
I learned how to make balloon bouquets, work a cash register, inventory items, and great customer service skills. The managers were really understanding about many of things and were always willing to help if you didn't know. My co-workers always kept a smile on my face because there was never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job was during Halloween season the store would be packed with customers wanting to get costumes. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the great people I worked around and the team that we build because we got so close.
Pros
Great co-workers, great managment
Cons
REALLY busy around Halloween
This job was OK
Sales Floor/ Balloon Counter/ Register (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2016
Not a bad career choice but not the best. Had a tendency to become bored at work due lack of business during certain seasonal periods such as the spring and summer which led to being sent home early some days.
Product and fun environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 10, 2016
Working at Party City was very enjoyable. The main objective in my position was to help customers find everything that they might need for a perfect party (i.e. help find decorations or activities we had in store). I was able to improve my interpersonal skills and customer service skills. The management at the store I worked at was wonderful. They always made sure that the employees knew what they were doing and were always there when you needed them. I liked everyone I worked with, managers and other store associates. One of our managers threw a Christmas party for everyone who worked in our store. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with rude customers, but at the same time, the most enjoyable was seeing the satisfaction on the faces of a happy customer who I helped.
what I learned
team member (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 9, 2016
What I learned from working at party city was how to communicate with customers and help them get what they needed. also learned how to talk to customers correctly.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
no benefits
Overall, I can say I enjoyed this job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMay 9, 2016
When youre sitting there putting your items on pegs, and a family comes in and one of the kids birthday is coming up and they're in the isle deciding what theme she wants for her birthday, just seeing that look on that kids face how happy something like that can make them, is honestly the best part of the job. And as long as their children are happy, their parents are happy also .
Pros
Meet new people, see different cultures
Cons
Feel like the company doesn't care about their employees
great place with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMay 8, 2016
* i have learned how to conduct business better
* my co workers are great and make the day go by smoother
* the are no hard parts about the job
* i have never had better managers
* i think the best part of the job is seeing all the happy children leave
Super fast paced seasonally charged retail
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2016
Constantly changing planograms and product marketing. Tight inventory control and teamwork was required to maintain a successful bottom line and prevent theft. multiple warehouse trucks every week with hundreds of cases in each trailer. Timely execution of all things including alterations for custom wedding orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location