Party City Corporation
1,222 reviews

Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Seasonal job but a great place to work
Retail Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 18, 2015
I was not at this job for long but while I was there it was a great place to work, helped a lot of customers. There was not really anything hard about working here
Fun work place too many demands
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Laurel, MDMarch 16, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: horrible management and lack of room to grow
A typical work day will drive you up the walls. There are many tasks that need to be done in a timely fashion, but without the time. There is a severe miscommunication between the expectations and reality. Management is always stressed and results in the staff being stressed 100% for tasks that they are not qualified to do. There is never enough staff to complete tasks and there is no quality trining to efficiently prepare staff for the tasks.
another decent not perfect employer
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee), Clifton, NJMarch 15, 2015
Pros: decent pay, reliable hours
Cons: picking up the slack of the lazy co workers and supervisors
This company doesn't always hire or promote competent or qualified employees. These types of employees are given way too many chances after making errors or just not getting the work done on a consistent basis. The pay scale is fair and the schedule is consistent. When the managers put in for employee pay raises, it takes months for them to get it in place, but they are fairly consistent in their attempts to get the process moving.
Very little hours if you aren't a manager
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXMarch 14, 2015
Party City is a great place to work if you're only looking to make a about 200 bucks every two weeks. This job is basically like any other retail job. You get 30 minutes for lunch after working more than 6 hours in a day. I would recommend this job as a first job to build experience, but try not to start when it's very close to Halloween because you will be overwhelmed. Halloween time is the only time you will be getting lots of hours and good pay.
Fun. Loved Party City
Cashier (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAMarch 13, 2015
Only worked during holiday times. Halloween was awesome =] love it! Love the hours, employees, the job! I did cashier, costumer helper, balloons, returns...
fun work place and steady pace
Stocker (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: easy place to work
Cons: none that i can think of
Would stock store and then take the boxes to the dumpster. During the season had to get costumes for customers. Help clean store at the end of the night
Fun working enviroment as long as it isnt franchise
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee), Humble, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment
Cons: no room for advancement
There store I am currently employed at is a franchise, therefore there is little room for advancement and the owners can terminate you just for the heck of it. Advice: if you're looking occupational advancement, steer clear of franchises.
Great first job
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMarch 10, 2015
Typically work both as a cashier and stocker. Learn how to blow up balloons and change the helium tanks out when they are empty and handle damaged goods.
good
Stock Person (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
they allow you to get discounts on anything in the store October is the best month due to you get to dress up, it a wonderful job to start with
Physically intense work environment
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 8, 2015
Party City was an intense environment with a 6 month store re-set preparing for the Halloween season. It was enjoyable and challenging
everyday was almost like a party
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYMarch 7, 2015
the environment your in from the minute you walk in to the second you leave is amazing. awesome energy and real support from the party city team making sure each customers experience is an enjoyable one.
Happy Clientele
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Northglenn, COMarch 6, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working at Party City is that when people come in they are looking to plan a party. Having the party mindset sets this job apart from other retailers in the aspect that parties are meant to be enjoyable. That translates to a happier customer base, which leads to a very positive work environment.
Fun and energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 5, 2015
I would help customers choose out costumes and accessories. Restocked the shelves and put things back in their place. Co-workers and management were friendly. I loved getting to dress up in costumes to advertise.
Active and fun working at a party supplies area.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: fun, active, exciting, and everyday is something new.
Cons: n/a
We picked up the mess from kids and organized everything. I learned that if you misplace something in a store the employees has to pick it up at the end of the day. The management was good. My co-workers were awesome. The hardest was to pick up the boxes because some were really heavy. The part I liked about working there was meeting new people.
Party City
Main Cashier (Current Employee), Everett, WAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: work with your schedule
Cons: not much room for advancement
The typical day includes working freight, providing quality customer service, and janitorial duties such as: sweeping, taking out the trash, cleaning the bathrooms, and occasional vacuuming. I've learned how to provide the quality customer service, work freight quickly and efficiently, how to train a new employee, and how set planograms. Though I don't always agree with how management decides to do things, I always do as I'm told and if I think of a better idea, I'll pitch that to them in private. I love all of my co-workers because each individual has a different set of skills to bring to the job and different personalities that make party city a wonderful environment. The hardest part of the job is that it's so fast-paced on holidays, so if I'm sick, keeping up can be challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I accomplish difficult tasks, such as working a lot of frieght in a short amount of time or helping a customer find what they are looking for even if we don't have that specific item (i.e. a costume that they wanted and instead, finding parts from a bunch of different costumes that work to make something better).
Slow most days and no real room for advancement.
Associate (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILMarch 4, 2015
Very slow environment with little to zero room for advancement. Hours are very sketchy and minimal. Seniority does not apply as far as hours and scheduling go.
. (Current Employee), .March 3, 2015
Company is growing rapidly in several directions at the same time. You won't touch anything once, but at least twice or 3 times before the decide on the final version of anything.
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 3, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: short breaks
It was a cool place to work during Halloween. The customers were very nice. It was fun helping them find their costumes. I just wish I was taught how to use the register but over all it was a good experience.
Not always a party, but it's decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Carle Place, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: big discount, super flexible schedule, easy work, access to candy
Cons: rule enforcement is inconsistent, too easy for managers and employees to slack off, promotions or raises don't happen
A typical day for me is preparing the store in he morning for customers. I pack out boxes or fix and label a planogram or I merchandize a new section of the store.

I learned how to deal with customers, I am much more extroverted and personable now than I ever was.

My managers are all really great people, but sometimes they aren't so great at managing. Feedback is very important to employees and they usually don't give it, but lately they have. Sometimes they text or take calls on the sales floor, which leads the employees to do the same. They do make a weekly schedule and will give you off if you request off and they will coach you on how to best do your job if you need it.
My coworkers aren't the best, they do work but they do the bare minimum, it ties in to how the managers are inconsistent or disagree on what we should do. The work always gets done, but I feel like more would get done if the employees really wanted to.

The hardest part of the job is the customers. Since the store is smaller than many other Party Cities, we don't carry as much so customers get angered or offended when we don't have what they want.
Paradoxically, customers can also be the most enjoyable.
Decent Place to Work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules, easy work
Cons: short break, very few hours
The tasks given are not tedious and are very easy to do. The hours are very flexible and the corporation is very understandable when it comes to school and family life. Management could be slightly better. It all depends on what managers are working. I get along with my co-workers well. I am happy that I got to learn how to work register and to learn how to do tasks faster.

Party City Corporation Salaries