PARX CASINO Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 23, 2017
Stressful, unreasonable, horrible security department. Never will you want to work. You leave everyday miserable. You get in trouble for the most unreasonable things.
Parx experience
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 12, 2017
Fun environment to work in but no job security for part-time dealers, and it takes long to become full time. Other than that, not a bad place to work at.
Terrible Management
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 30, 2017
Easily the worst experience of my life was working at Parx. It's bad enough working overnight shifts with no weekends or holidays off, but to add to that, the managers in the Cage are awful! They made working literally unbearable. I would not recommend working as a Cage Cashier to my worst enemy. If you want to work at Parx because of its competitive pay and benefits, I would suggest working as a Player Services Rep or even Table Games. I wish I had known this before applying for the Cage.
Pros
Good pay for easy work
Cons
Terrible hours, terrible management, terrible environment
great place to work
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 13, 2017
great place to make money. definitely more of a hire for "looks" kind of place but the majority of the staff are exceptionally sweet. Major job turnovers in the F & B dept which I was unaware of at the time of hire. Have to say that the money was good though
Fun environment not fun hours or management
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 3, 2017
Company as a whole is not bad to work for . Management could use some work in professionalism. Great pay but you counts millions of dollars and a required to work over nights which many find very difficult. Company does many things to give back to community and various events for employees
Great people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAApril 12, 2017
It was a fun place to work, always something new each day. Management was a little less then the great, but for the most part they had your back. Overall it was a great job and learned a lot of life experiences
Local gaming hall: corporate objectives
Table Games (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 14, 2017
Although touted as a local destination, PARX has corporate objectives to meet thresholds of daily/weekly/monthly revenues and keeps profits at the higher end of the food chain.
Pros
Better health plan than most
Cons
Smoking environment: noisy: favoratism abounds
Fun Workplace
Security Officer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 4, 2017
Most of the time working there was fun , but then you get that one manager thats working one night and then BOOM! Everyones walking on eggshells.
User worker friendly environment! Very fun
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 22, 2016
Very nice company to work for ! Very friendly,good environment !entertainment ,very fast paced and having great people skills is a plus .
Pros
Flexible and management works with you and understand life happens ! Great food for employees
Cons
May be required to work weekends and any shift
great atmosphere
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 7, 2016
there is a lot of room for advancement within the company and they love to promote from within. pay is very good and the atmosphere at the casino is great.

Want to know more about PARX CASINO?

Ask a question
Energetic place to work
Credit Executive (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 19, 2016
Overall, Parx is a good place to work as it starting hourly rates are above the minimum wage. It is a large company and does everything it can to make the employees feel appreciated. It is a 24 hour/7 day a week enterprise so shifts and hours make home life a bit lopsided.

Good opportunities for advancement for those who put forth the effort.
Pros
Good starting rate, advancement opportunities
Cons
24/7 environment can mess up homelife/quality of life
Can be very fun place to work
FOOD COURT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 14, 2016
Management team does not work as a team, infact they only work for themselves in in that enviroment it is very difficult to progress
Poor leadership and advancement
Special Events & Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 24, 2016
Fun and exciting work environment. New projects and excitement. Poor leadership and advancement. Not able to progress in career. Benefits are okay.
High energy, fun, and diverse work-force.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parx CasinoJuly 27, 2016
Organized chaos with high energy. Diverse work force, chance to learn, fun,and time flew by. Cage management was very supportive, I have always been keen on customer service, and it was my experience that the cage was first rate toward it's patrons.
Co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job, as well as enjoying the patrons while handling their transactions.

The hardest part of the job were the demands on time and balancing it all while trying to keep a decent attendance record.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
High stress at times and work/family balance
A fast paced environment which processed approximately one thousand slot game boxes daily.
Count Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 5, 2016
Typical day:
-Collect and transport cash boxes from the casino floor to the count room. Empty all continents of each box and stack inside of a tray to each machine operator.
-A machine operator will enter all currency into a machine that manually straps each cash denomination.
-Each attendant will accurately count and verify with a manager numeric totals daily.

The co-workers can be considered as a second family. A diverse group of mixed cultures and backgrounds.

The hardest part of the position is being stuck inside of a small room.
The most enjoyable aspect was the comradery of the group.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Parx, the work was easy and most of the people I worked with were favorable. The most challenging part was the occasional unruly customer but for the most part I loved being there. I improved upon my social skills and money handling experience and learned much about the inner working of a casino.
Pros
Fun coworkers and great benefits
Cons
The establishment is open year long so expect to work every holiday
its ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 9, 2016
Its not that bad, the hours are not steady. been there for five years and still stuck in the same shift. New people come and get better shift, not fair for those who's been there longer. Raises suck, management never on same page.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Secure job with good benefits and advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 6, 2016
Upper management is really rough on the managers. You lean how to deal with the worst type of people life can throw at you because of the casino atmosphere. The coworkers are mostly great people all just looking to make a pay check and get out of there. The hardest part of the job is keeping the management from trying to fire you if they already prejudged you.
Overall Review
Player Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 9, 2016
Working at Parx has been a great experience, and though at times it can be challenging and also draining, I've learned a lot throughout my 6 years of working there. I'm still with the company, and the most important core value to me and in my opinion is integrity. Most of my co-workers are very nice and helpful, and my managers are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with the mental and verbal abuse from guests. Gamblers are very demanding, and it can be difficult to service them. I've learned many things about the casino industry, such as when gaming days start/end, how much a taxable jackpot is, what a win/loss statement is, and I could go on. There are many, many things I have learned while working at Parx. I continue to learn something new every day.
Pros
Two half-hour breaks, Tips, Clean EDR
Cons
No benefits whatsoever for part-time, poor management, poor communication
There are highs and lows
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 9, 2015
In a typical day as a poker dealer you will experience highs and lows. It may take a little while for you to learn how to handle the attitudes of the players but once you get used to it, it is a job that you can settle into very easily. There are opportunities to move up every so often, but unless you see this as what you want to do for the rest of your life it's hard to do.

The management and supervisors in the poker department are great people. I can't think of any time where I had any problems with them, but I never did anything to make trouble.

Most of the co workers I worked with were good people, however there are some people there that with their constant complaining of mundane things create a toxic enviroment. The best days, are days that the casino feeds employees so that they are usually too busy stuffing their faces to complain.

Overall I enjoyed my time there. I met some great people, but I knew that it wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life so I made the decsion to leave.
Pros
Good Management, co workers, pay
Cons
Some bad patrons, potentially toxic enviroment