PARX CASINO Employee Reviews in United States

High energy, fun, and diverse work-force.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parx CasinoJuly 27, 2016
Organized chaos with high energy. Diverse work force, chance to learn, fun,and time flew by. Cage management was very supportive, I have always been keen on customer service, and it was my experience that the cage was first rate toward it's patrons.
Co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job, as well as enjoying the patrons while handling their transactions.

The hardest part of the job were the demands on time and balancing it all while trying to keep a decent attendance record.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
High stress at times and work/family balance
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Parx, the work was easy and most of the people I worked with were favorable. The most challenging part was the occasional unruly customer but for the most part I loved being there. I improved upon my social skills and money handling experience and learned much about the inner working of a casino.
Pros
Fun coworkers and great benefits
Cons
The establishment is open year long so expect to work every holiday
its ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 9, 2016
Its not that bad, the hours are not steady. been there for five years and still stuck in the same shift. New people come and get better shift, not fair for those who's been there longer. Raises suck, management never on same page.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Secure job with good benefits and advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 6, 2016
Upper management is really rough on the managers. You lean how to deal with the worst type of people life can throw at you because of the casino atmosphere. The coworkers are mostly great people all just looking to make a pay check and get out of there. The hardest part of the job is keeping the management from trying to fire you if they already prejudged you.
Overall Review
Player Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 9, 2016
Working at Parx has been a great experience, and though at times it can be challenging and also draining, I've learned a lot throughout my 6 years of working there. I'm still with the company, and the most important core value to me and in my opinion is integrity. Most of my co-workers are very nice and helpful, and my managers are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with the mental and verbal abuse from guests. Gamblers are very demanding, and it can be difficult to service them. I've learned many things about the casino industry, such as when gaming days start/end, how much a taxable jackpot is, what a win/loss statement is, and I could go on. There are many, many things I have learned while working at Parx. I continue to learn something new every day.
Pros
Two half-hour breaks, Tips, Clean EDR
Cons
No benefits whatsoever for part-time, poor management, poor communication
There are highs and lows
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 9, 2015
In a typical day as a poker dealer you will experience highs and lows. It may take a little while for you to learn how to handle the attitudes of the players but once you get used to it, it is a job that you can settle into very easily. There are opportunities to move up every so often, but unless you see this as what you want to do for the rest of your life it's hard to do.

The management and supervisors in the poker department are great people. I can't think of any time where I had any problems with them, but I never did anything to make trouble.

Most of the co workers I worked with were good people, however there are some people there that with their constant complaining of mundane things create a toxic enviroment. The best days, are days that the casino feeds employees so that they are usually too busy stuffing their faces to complain.

Overall I enjoyed my time there. I met some great people, but I knew that it wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life so I made the decsion to leave.
Pros
Good Management, co workers, pay
Cons
Some bad patrons, potentially toxic enviroment
Great place to work with management that cares
Poker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poker roomAugust 17, 2015
Handle all supervisor duties
How to be dealer coordinator
How to get along with all of my supervisors
How to get the best out of all co-workers
Dealing mean and drunk players
Watching players have a good time and dealers making money
Pros
Hours that I worked
Cons
Time off
Job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  BENSALEMJune 28, 2015
No life the pay is the same no room to move up in the casino alot of lies when you get first hired I hate it the hours are bad hard to do anything out sive you work night time hours.
great pay
EVS Operations Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 27, 2015
Bad company with great staff. The staff is very friendly and you can transfer to other departments very easily but it's very difficult to balance work and home with repercussions.
Pros
great pay, great department management
Cons
horrible work/life balance
Outgoing environment
EVS Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 21, 2015
Began with a shift meeting every night, Went over our assigned tasks and areas for that particular day and executed our responsibilities for the day.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Graveyard shift
Horrible Place to work
dealer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 2, 2015
nothing good about Parx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing else to say PLACED SUCKED, Most of the coworkers were alright. everyone else from the supervisors to the upper management SUCKED. they do not know how to treat you like a human being.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
almways letting people go
Great Employees, Terrible Management
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 6, 2014
We set up our equipment, and filmed races for live television. I learned non-linear editing, and how to mix & record live bands on a soundboard.

My co-workers are the greatest thing about this job that kept me wanting to come back.

Hardest part was there is no breaks during 5 hour period sometimes 9 hours.

The management was poor, they ignored our comments on our equipment that was covered in animal feces/mold and continued to allow us to work in unhealthy environments.
Pros
worked in the production field with good employees
Cons
poor pay, work place and equipment was neglected with animal feces, no promotion or raises
Challenging work place
Marketing Database Manager (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PANovember 6, 2014
Company has been challenging, but rewarding. Upper management are not the easiest people to work with. A lot of running around in circles with projects and a lot of pointing fingers at one another. I was able to advance within the company and have learned many things. I learned to write SQL and BI tools. I also learned a great deal of marketing especially within the direct mail market.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
salary
nice people to work with but a terrible job
Environmental Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 20, 2014
overnight shift is the worst thing ever. the absolute hardest part of the job is actually getting enough sleep. everyone that works there is good people. they have the absolute best food ever except for the pizza.
Pros
good food
Cons
short breaks
Good
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 29, 2014
I already reviewed Parx. I'm not sure why I'm being asked to do it again. This is annoying.
great team
Cage Cashier/ banker (Current Employee) –  Bensalem paJuly 28, 2014
great people to work with and make new friends. great team work with co worker. you get your bad days with guest sometimes but over all good environment
The job was fun but they won't give you the shift you are promised
Table Game Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 1, 2014
I loved being a dealer but I needed a day job because I currently have a night job. At my interview I was assured I would have daytime hours. After 8 weeks of training on little sleep, I was given night shift and no matter who I took the issue to, nothing was done. I enjoyed the job itself. I met some wonderful people but I needed to work 2 jobs and I felt it was very unprofessional of them to mislead me. It was a great deal of my time and effort wasted hen I could have been persuing other avenues.
one step above Walmart
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 12, 2014
Threatened with firing daily ! No set schedule.Only paid $12.00 per hour.
Excellent work place with good benefits.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 11, 2014
Parx was a very exciting and fun place to work with alot of positive people. I also enjoyed meeting many new people on a daily basics.
Pros
good work enviroment.
Cons
we have to pay for food.
Great customer service/ marketing experience
Player Service Representative, Casino Host (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 24, 2014
great place to work, I have gained a lot of valuable experiences in the marketing and promotion side of the business along with outstanding customer service skills,

2.7