Pasadena City College Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 28, 2016
I enjoyed my four years working at Pasadena City College. The faculty is very nice! I wish I can continue working there! Thank You PCC
its okay
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 24, 2016
i love working there and the children but the pay it not enough for all we have to do.the staff are really friendly and helpful.
Pros
amazing children
Cons
not paid enough
love working with kids
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 21, 2016
I enjoy this job. The pay is great but most of all the children are awesome. this is the best job i have had. you have to manage a class of 20 students.
Pros
great pay, rewarding
Cons
hours in middle of the day and not many hours
Learning Assistance Center- Pasadena City College
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work at Learning Assistance Center is handing out assigned computers to students, handing out materials suck as books, CDs, DVDs and more. Also, signing up students for tutoring programs and helping incoming students with any concerns. I have learned how to work with various types of people and how to handle tough situations. I worked with a great group of people from my co-workers to my supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded in a loving and welcomed environment.
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
short hours
Steady work Environment
custodian (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 28, 2015
My typical day consist of cleaning restrooms and keeping all paper goods and soap dispensers filled and trash taken out. once that's done I will join the crew members to complete other task throughout the building. I learned mostly that it is important to keep safety first because it is very easy to have an accident in this line of work.
Our Management was very persistent when it came to our needs we just didn't get them as fast as we needed them. There was nothing really hard about the job that I did I really enjoy doing custodial work because I like to see things clean and neat and working with a enthusiastic cleaning crew.
Pros
Independent work assignments
Cons
Short lunches and breaks
Nice people to work with a lot of work available
College Assistant/ Intermediate Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 27, 2015
Company has a lot of job opportunities in other departments, it is very competitive. Nice group of people to work with overall.
Very busy
General Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 30, 2015
I worked on reviewing charts for HIPPA compliance and for state auditing. I checked chart to make sure all signature and dates were in place for therapists to review.
Pros
Varieity of work
Cons
Short term job
Great working envirorment, Love the kids
Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 29, 2015
I work WITH Great people WHO LOVE to motivate young people , which makes going to work GREAT!! We HAVE GREAT SUPORT , ON AND OFF THE FIELD.
Work ethics
Customer Service / Receptionist (part time) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 21, 2015
I love my job here as the Call Call Customer Service representative. Basically, I get to work independently. However, I wish that the hours were more stable and consistent.
Example: Very nice work atmosphere and co-workers had no problems when asked for assistance or information.
Locksmith Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 20, 2015
I Enjoyed working with co-workers.they are all friendly and helpful .Anytime i needed materials or instructions to do my job, everyone i talked to was eager to help,
Pros
Co-workers were very nice and helpful anytime i needed assistance
Cons
none.
Nice place to work
Accounting Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 11, 2015
Things have changed and continue to change. Just different. Not necessarily good or bad, but some unnecessary changes. Nice people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
To many unnecessary changes
Great place to further your career
Assistant Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 7, 2015
People are great to work with and there is upward mobility for some careers. The best part of working at PCC was serving the students and making their college experience better. The hardest part was collaborating other school programs.
Worst job
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 14, 2015
Turnover in management is staggering. Seven presidents in 11 years, six VP's in the same time period, 5 HR directors. No collegiality. Working without a current contract since 2011. Environment of distrust between faculty and administration. Faculty moral is very low.
Pros
The students
Cons
Everything but the students
Amazing opportunity
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  pasadena, caJune 27, 2015
Performing registered nursing duties under a licensed nurse. Daily patient interaction including, pediatrics and infants.
It was an inspiring, enlightening, and educational work place.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 26, 2015
Being apart of the Athletic Department at Pasadena City College as an Office Assistant was an amazing place to learn how conduct myself in a professional manner. The staff I worked with expelled a great amount of support and encouragement making my occupation fun and enjoyable. The most difficult part of my job was handling software such as Excel, but with proper guidance and detailed instruction, I was able to adapt to the rigorous demands of the software with ease. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing my task knowing that my organization and filing of files made my employers jobs easier. Creating and sorting files, delivering packages and mail to the offices in the Athletic department, and cleaning and organizing the offices of the department is my typical day at work.
Pros
Decent Breaks, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short hours
Productive work place and learning experience
Federal Work study student (Former Employee) –  PasadenaJune 16, 2015
Typical day at work includes: Administered excellent customer service along with their needs, provided friendly customer service and advisement, executed effective filling and organizing, demonstrated office duties including, operating telephone lines, scanning documents and computer programming.
Pros
Free lunces
Cons
Short Breaks.
Decent place to work at.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2015
- Work days start early.
- I learned a lot about Facilities management.
- There is good diversity in managers responsibilities.
- Nice co-workers.
- Waking up early is sometimes hard for me.
- I enjoy Multi-tasking.
Being a part of somebody's learning experience is priceless
EMT Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 22, 2015
EMS is an evolving career and being a part of somebody's base education within the medical field is rewarding. The staff is great and the students are always so eager to learn, I love it.
productive and a fun workplace
Computer Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 14, 2015
Helping Student to find chemistry tutors within the Science Division, providing help with slice show and models for Anatomy students and Biology major I enjoy it helping others. Maintain a positive attitude, seek and utilize assistance as needed, follow rules and regulation and work through down periods. Establish realistic and concrete goals and objective. My boss Marilyn is awesome, she coach you to improve your job and to be at your best. My co-workers are my friends I enjoy working with them, we all get along we are like a family
Pros
15 minutes break
Cons
that is only a part time job
Good
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 22, 2015
Super flexible job. I enjoy my job and helping students. I can schedule my working hours based on my school schedule. Other tutors are super friendly. The culture is pretty chill and relax. I love it!
Pros
super flexible
Cons
nothing

4.3