Pasadena City College Employee Reviews

Job was ok
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2017
Job was ok, but the pay was low and hours were not that great, got a lot of chances to do work outside of the college, and met a lot of contacts but actual job was very limited.
left hand does not know right hand
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 26, 2017
Administration not transparent and disappointing. More concerned with outside accolades when should be concerned with students and student success. New president a disappointment brought in friends for admin jobs but and has been insulting to mangers and failed to look at faculty who have issues and student needs.
Pros
good people
Cons
good people insulted and leaving.
Great Staff
Financial Aid Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 24, 2017
Great starting place if your career path is within the educational system. You'll have the opportunity to learn from well educated professional and great place to make great connections.
Pros
Being able to help college students further their college career
Cons
Overall I had a great experience at PCC
Very productive job environment
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 19, 2017
I have loved this job. I have been able not only to teach but also help my students.

Communication with my colleagues has been very effective.

I just want to relocate to Sacramento area.
Friendly
Student (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 31, 2017
Friendly environment. with a lot of focus on employee and community relations. The dtaff was helpful and friendly. there is much room for growth as a city of Pasadena employee
good
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2017
Structured training
like minded people
very high earning potentials/uncapped commission
fast paced
forward thinking, fast growing company
Career progression
overseas opportunities
huge client base
Learning Experience
Student Banker/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at this job was relax. The only time things were hectic or busy was in the beginning of the year when students bought parking permits, bus passes, loans and etc. The management were understanding and flexible. The most enjoyable part of this job were my co workers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits
Great school needs emprovment.
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 6, 2017
Not all of the staff is treated with respect, the hours are not family friendly. low pay and a lot of in office politics that you will have to try to avoid at all times or you will have to watch your back for the remainder of your time there.
Pros
nice campus, good students, mostly friendly staff
Cons
negative office politics, low pay, long hours, no work life balance.
Hands on, great people. An all around fun place to work.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 26, 2016
Depending on what class you tutor, the job can be fast paced. Everyone is hard working and wants to be there, which makes everything all the more enjoyable.This includes the students and the teachers. Though at times it can be challenging, this job teaches you how to work with a multitude of people and how to problem solve creatively. The most enjoyable part is helping someone realize a concept and bring it to life, whether that is through graphic design or sewing. Just in general a great job.
nice place to work
tutor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 20, 2016
Good environment to work with other students. There are many activities that created by tutors and teachers in order to help students achieve their successful.
Pleasant enough, but proceed with caution
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 16, 2016
A lot has changed since I last worked at PCC, but while I was there I enjoyed it. The staff was supportive and encouraging, the environment was friendly, and the management was helpful and flexible. Currently the school is recovering from poor leadership that did a lot of damage to their academic standing, and subsequently morale, but with new leadership they seem to be on the mend. If you have the luxury, I recommend talking to a current employee or two before moving forward with an employment opportunity here.
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 3, 2016
I loved working for Pasadena City College and I worked there for 9 years. It's a great environment and the students are great. I love to help people, and working here I got the opportunity to help people meet their needs.
Pasadena City College is a fast paced, multi-cultural and diverse place, and working there, your day goes by really fast. Great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
not easy to get a full time position
Student aide
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 1, 2016
Working at Pasadena City College was a great experience. I learned a lot about school administration and the importance of funding. Learned about budgets and the different parts that make a college successful.
Great job with flexibility, fun enviornment
Event Supervisor - Campus Use (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 29, 2016
Flexible college assistant position with a lot of responsibility and autonomy.

Operationally, politics within the organization continuously made simple tasks vastly complicated to accomplish, forcing creative troubleshooting with departments that would often times not be present on weekends when event would occur.

Overall it was a great position while going through college and truly enjoyed working with the parties renting our facilities.
Pros
Flexibility, fun environment to work, beautiful campus
Cons
Organizational structure and politics added unnecessary complications to the roles, often affecting service levels.
Pasadena City College
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 17, 2016
Pasadena City College provided a great opportunity for growth, from starting as a Student Worker, then College Assistant and finishing as a Program Coordinator, I was able to learn skills from each position. These skills built upon each other and are the fundamental experiences that I have carried to each job ever since.
A day at PCC
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 15, 2016
Adequately manage daily high volume calls

Write and disseminate project documents, including meeting minutes, proposals, progress reports and
Presentations

Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Productive and plenty of help
Student Helper (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the work environment is helping out others. From the moment a student enters the building and is looking for help with books, we are available to help.
Pros
Short Breaks
Cons
Part Time
Nice people that want to help others
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 27, 2016
Coming into work clock in I am greeted with hellos and good mornings. I'm making sure the everything is clean and organized, greeting my fellow coworkers, and manger. Taking a walk through the computer lab seeing if anyone needs assistance. Take any chores or duties my supervisor needs me to complete.
Pros
working with good people all day
Cons
computers and printers would be down
Awesome place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 28, 2016
I enjoyed my four years working at Pasadena City College. The faculty is very nice! I wish I can continue working there! Thank You PCC
its okay
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 24, 2016
i love working there and the children but the pay it not enough for all we have to do.the staff are really friendly and helpful.
Pros
amazing children
Cons
not paid enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pasadena City College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3