Pasadena City College Employee Reviews

Worst job
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: The students
Cons: Everything but the students
Turnover in management is staggering. Seven presidents in 11 years, six VP's in the same time period, 5 HR directors. No collegiality. Working without a current contract since 2011. Environment of distrust between faculty and administration. Faculty moral is very low.
Amazing opportunity
Student Nurse (Current Employee), pasadena, caJune 27, 2015
Performing registered nursing duties under a licensed nurse. Daily patient interaction including, pediatrics and infants.
It was an inspiring, enlightening, and educational work place.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Decent Breaks, Flexible Schedule
Cons: Short hours
Being apart of the Athletic Department at Pasadena City College as an Office Assistant was an amazing place to learn how conduct myself in a professional manner. The staff I worked with expelled a great amount of support and encouragement making my occupation fun and enjoyable. The most difficult part of my job was handling software such as Excel, but with proper guidance and detailed instruction, I was able to adapt to the rigorous demands of the software with ease. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing my task knowing that my organization and filing of files made my employers jobs easier. Creating and sorting files, delivering packages and mail to the offices in the Athletic department, and cleaning and organizing the offices of the department is my typical day at work.
Productive work place and learning experience
Federal Work study student (Former Employee), PasadenaJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunces
Cons: Short Breaks.
Typical day at work includes: Administered excellent customer service along with their needs, provided friendly customer service and advisement, executed effective filling and organizing, demonstrated office duties including, operating telephone lines, scanning documents and computer programming.
Decent place to work at.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2015
- Work days start early.
- I learned a lot about Facilities management.
- There is good diversity in managers responsibilities.
- Nice co-workers.
- Waking up early is sometimes hard for me.
- I enjoy Multi-tasking.
Being a part of somebody's learning experience is priceless
EMT Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 22, 2015
EMS is an evolving career and being a part of somebody's base education within the medical field is rewarding. The staff is great and the students are always so eager to learn, I love it.
productive and a fun workplace
Computer Lab Tech (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: 15 minutes break
Cons: that is only a part time job
Helping Student to find chemistry tutors within the Science Division, providing help with slice show and models for Anatomy students and Biology major I enjoy it helping others. Maintain a positive attitude, seek and utilize assistance as needed, follow rules and regulation and work through down periods. Establish realistic and concrete goals and objective. My boss Marilyn is awesome, she coach you to improve your job and to be at your best. My co-workers are my friends I enjoy working with them, we all get along we are like a family
Good
Tutor (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: super flexible
Cons: nothing
Super flexible job. I enjoy my job and helping students. I can schedule my working hours based on my school schedule. Other tutors are super friendly. The culture is pretty chill and relax. I love it!
Great Job for a Busy Student
ESL Tutor (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 11, 2015
Being a tutor is a wonderful and rewarding job. I truly enjoyed my ability to help struggling students and improve their academic scores.
Enthusiastic work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: close knit staff
Cons: nothing
The staff is willing to work with each other in order to further the education of students and help them meet goals. The staff is very close knit and work together well.
Service directed to benefit the community and their families
College Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 10, 2014
Mother's Club is a community center that focuses in and integral service to the community and the needs of the families with low income and supports the integration to them into the communities. As a nonprofit organization, the opportunities of growing in the working area are challenging. helping families to integrate to the community is a great satisfaction that a worker for the Learning Center can have.
Learning Center is a great environment to study and talk to tutors.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 5, 2014
The Learning Center at Pasadena City College provides a great environment for all students who need help with their work. There are tutors provided in every subject free of charge and meet with students on a first come first serve basis. Access to technology such as computers and video equipment that helped with their assignments is also provided at no cost.
fun work place
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good to work
Cons: no cons
good to work here...... they will ask you the best time you can work.
Great place to work, enjoy working with students.
Student Health Nurse (Current Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 22, 2014
Great place to work! Great management. Learned how to communicate effectively with students.
College Wprker (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: getting to working with a wide variety of technology
great people to work with and a very knowledgable staff to work for.
Working with bright individuals
Tutor, health sciences department (Current Employee), pasadena caAugust 12, 2014
I really enjoy my job, I get to work with interesting and motivated people everyday
a great experience in enhancing my skills in a workplace with group from class
Student - Business in Human Relations (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2014
i wouldn't say this is an actual job, it was more of a class project for the Pasadena Humane Society, where we as a group, had individual tasks to do to organize and plan to target the wide arranged demographics. this project had its difficulties, by working around other people's times and scheduling, but our main focus was communication, which i strongly believe should not be overlooked in a real working environment. Though it was a stressful task to compile a presentation to the Pasadena Humane Society, i've learned to become a leader with the human relations that exist in a work setting.
N/A
Supplement Instruction Leader (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 9, 2014
• Designed and implemented lesson plans for college students in college-level algebra concepts
• Provided all students who want to improve their understanding of course material and improve their grades
• Helped students to think about their lectures and books they read and put together into some perspective review sessions during the review sessions.
Productive and Insightful Job
Financial Aid college assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 27, 2014
Cons: healthcare
I worked at Pasadena City College from June 2010- June 2014. At this job I worked as a Financial Aid college assistant archiving financial aid student files. On a normal day I'd process student documents, archive file, handle clerical work, run errands answering phones etc. I wouldn't say there was an overly difficult aspect of the job, seeing as I felt comfortable performing my day to day tasks. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help students directly, gain insight on what was needed, and working as a team member.
Tutor students
French and Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: use free time to study
Cons: short hours
Tutor students that need help in their courses in French and Spanish