Pasadena Unified School District

Pasadena Unified School District Employer Reviews

It was great to interact with students with need of an after school program
Youth Leader (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 10, 2014
It was a great experience to work for students that required activities and supervision for homework making. I learned to designed lesson plans to a specific group of students paying attention to their own interest,
I really do miss working there :-)
HVAC (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, good pay, hoildays, benifits, great environment
Great place to work and the people there were extremely friendly. Unfortunately I moved out of the area and couldn't make the commute to work but it was a great experience for me and I miss the people that were not only my co workers but became my friends.
Great Learning Enviroment for students 6-12th grade
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: working with kids, teens, and young adults
Cons: salary wasn't great
I Operated an After-School enrichment program. I was responsible for handling budget, hiring staff, designed, organized, and implemented a variety of after school curriculum programs that must appeal to ages 11-17. The best part of this job was being able to work with kids and help shape their lives for the future. Hardest part of this job is the benefits weren't the best and neither was the salary.
Nice, but they need to get it together
Handicap Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 14, 2014
It's nice to have holidays and summer off with my kids, but they really need to get their communication with their employees together. I love working with the kids, but the pay is not good. You have to love working with kids because you really are not doing it for the pay.
Enjoyed working at PUSD
Instructional Aide Special Education (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 5, 2014
I was part of a great team! It was a good learning experience as a mother and as an employee.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 16, 2014
Love the environment and always stayed busy. Love the staff and my job.
Excitalble and you go on filed Trips
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: free water and donated snacks.
Cons: mutiple personalities
Promotion of education is a great field. Awsome place to learn interpersonal and coping skills. to work as a team and as a independent thinker.
Exposure to new tasks and autonomy of work
Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits rates, very understanding
Daily work task keep you busy. Learned several skills and procedures for working in a school district. Management is widely available to you when needed. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Constantly learning due to constant changes makes work interesting and not the same.
Great learning
Behavior Aide (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 27, 2014
Learned a lot and enjoyed my time working at DABi. Co Worker were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients and seeing the amazing growth.
Good place
Clinical Social Work Intern (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2014
Great clinical experiences, co-workers are really helpful
Good place
Clinical Social Work Intern (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2014
Great clinical experiences, co-workers are really helpful
Good Benefits!
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 1, 2014
Consulting with staff about challenging classroom behaviors.
Productive, rewarding career.
Noon Aide (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 9, 2014
I really enjoy working with children, and I enjoy being a positive example. I am surrounded with a great team as my coworkers, we make a very fun and safe environment for the children. The hardest part of the job, is having to see students being affected from drama they may have at home. The most enjoyable part, is trying to help them forget about that drama, and surround them with positivity.
Pasadena Unified School District
Computer Application Teacher (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great equipment
Cons: far from home
Being a teacher I believe there is not typical day at work. Each day is an exciting experience to face new challenges. I have learned to appreciate everything each student has taught me, even the bad ones. The hardest part of the job is stress to enhance the learning experience. The most enjoyable part is the ability to have my finger on the pulse of our future.
great place
Custodian (Former Employee), pasadena ca,91109January 22, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: no benefits
typical day: clean restrooms,sweep and mop class rooms,empty trash cans replce liners
Learned:a routine the more you do it,the faster you get
Management:doesn't bother you as long as there's no complaints
co-workers: get along most of the time
hardest p.o.job: dealing with work load
most enjoyable: pay
Nice school district to work for
Teacher (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 4, 2013
Cons: self-entitlement attitudes by students and poor management by supervisors.
Typical day averaged 50+ hours a week, co-workers were great (although none are there now). I didn't like the self-entitlement attitude of most of the students but did like the handful who have contacted me since about how I helped them.
Great Job
Mail Room (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 5, 2013
Everything about this job was great. I was able to experience how people work in different departments. Great opportunity.
great school district
Special needs aide (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: salary was low for type of work included
graeat opportunity to help special needs children evolve and integrate in to the community
Great workplace!
Substitute/Temporary Health Clerk (Former Employee), Pasadena, CaliforniaAugust 12, 2013
I loved working as a health clerk, learned alot! Friendly staff and I enjoyed helping students.
Preschool Teacher, Experience and knowledge. Dinamic and I like to work with parents as well.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), 1520 N Raymond Ave. Pasadena, CA 91103July 21, 2013
Pros: school activities for special events.
Cons: shorts breakes and one hour for lunch.
I had two groups of students morning and afternoon class. The children ate at the school morning class eat breakfast and afternoon class ate lunch. We followed Open Court and Learning Foundations activities like art, math, science, music, free choices, outdoor activities. I had two assistants in the morning and two assistants in the afternoon the reason is because we have children with special need in the classroom. The hardest part of the job was DRDP'S . It is easy to do but very long pages. I enjoyed this work every single day.