Pasadena Unified School District Employee Reviews

Would Keep working here if they paid more
Data Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 2, 2017
Would continue working here if they paid more for what we do as Data Entry Operators. Other districts pay a lot more for Data Entry Operators as opposed to PUSD.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
need more money
very self rewarding
PUSD Assist Teacher Early Childhood Program (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 30, 2017
working with the kids and all program at PUSD taught me many skill of being a parent my self and I enjoyed learning and then taking what I have leading and teaching my family.
Pros
you learn something new every day
Cons
short hours
Productive and educational
Sub Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 2, 2017
Pasadena Unified was a great place to work in. The staff were well informed of their work description. Assisted with the Lead teacher on the requirements needed to be completed daily that was a part of her educational plan for the children and to meet their needs. I have learned to work in a community of diversity along with other staff members. Management team were easy to communicate with and were able to provide guidance where needed. The most enjoyable part of working at PUSD was seeing the kids faces and help them get the most of the educational experience.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
This is the place you come to die!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  ClerkSeptember 1, 2017
This is not the place you want to work at if you want diversity or job advancement. You either have to be a relative or of a distinct race to be considered for anything.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Poor management, no communication
Leadership
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 9, 2017
Friendly, leadership could have been a little more cohesive and work schedule could have been a little more organized.

Better communication was needed between leaders, including site coordinators and supervisors.

Better communication among Youth Leaders and team playing abilities.

More openness was needed between youth leaders and those in authority. More trust and credibility.
Pros
Fun work atmospher with children.
Cons
unclear and unconcise communication.
Very poor management
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 5, 2017
Very poor management. If you are not in the correct group, you will be isolated and your position will be eventually eliminated. NO communication and no direction. People only looking after themselves and not what is best for the children.
love it herer
Noon Assistant 9/1/93 - 7/30/05 (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 9, 2017
they care there helpful i work there 10 year ago and they helped me find when i work and where i was so glad they helped me and they where friendly and understanding
Pros
willing to help you out
Cons
Great organization, great leadership, but concerns about job security
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 21, 2017
A great deal of my skills I owe to Pasadena Unified School District. It has been a great place to work and with influential people. My only concern is job security. Due to the budget my current position as a Intervention Specialist will be eliminated next school year.
Pros
Great organization and leadership
Cons
no job security and budget concerns
Productive Academic Environment
youth leader (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA 91106April 10, 2017
A typical day at work consists of working with the children, helping them with homework and doing fun daily activities such as art projects, outdoor activities, socializing etc.
fun and exciting
Freshman Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 19, 2017
I love working with younger kid to watch them develop. Teaching younger children is hard but its rewarding. Typical day at work is trying to get them to focus on you rather than somewhere else.
Productive and dedicated environment allowinng people to make positive choices
Long-Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 16, 2017
A typical day at work would be reviewing a lesson plan with students and making sure that the students stay on task and complete assignments. I learn a great deal about classroom management and curriculum development. The most challenging part is to motivate students. The most enjoyable part is to watch growth.
Pros
hands-on learning, fast-pace environment, leadership skills
Cons
short breaks, inconsistency, healthcare
Served food to students
Food server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 7, 2016
served food to students during breakfast and lunch hour to make sure they are able to eat something before the break was over and had to go back to class.
I love my job, I just wish it was permanent
Secretary/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elementary schoolOctober 27, 2016
First thing i do in the morning is to turn off the alarm, check voicemessages, check for absences so i can find a sub for them. and my daily routine begins.
Pros
love it that it's very busy
Cons
too many phone ringing
Great schedule for families with small children
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Altadena, CASeptember 21, 2016
Same work hours and holiday schedule as school aged children. Greta for families. Very rewarding helping children reach academic goals. Co workers are amazing and very hard working.
Great Leadership Trying to Change a Culture of Mediocrity
Interactive Process Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 14, 2016
Certain Leaders and Departments are trying to change a culture of mediocrity, while others cling to it. Work with some great people who are productive as well as extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
Work Schedule, Benefits
Cons
Government Bureaucracy
Work hard for no respect or pay
youth leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 12, 2016
This is a babysitting job. Babysitting children that are very disrespectful and uneducated. You will have no respect from superiors who do not have your back or know what they are doing, they are also very lazy. They will blame you for their mistakes. They expect you to instruct the students without any materials, because they either will not provide you with the materials needed or will take too long to purchase them. Then when students don't get their work done, the superiors blame you. You are also blamed for the students' terrible results. Worst job I ever had. You also have to buy material from your own pocket because again, they do not supply enough materials.
Pros
Cons
disrespectful, uneducated students, no support from superiors
not a good place to work
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  PASADENAAugust 3, 2016
This was the worst job I think I ever came arcoss. They dont treat people with respect. They belittle you in so many ways. This program has changed ever since certain people became in charge. They have no sports at certain schools and they have unfair cheerleading competitions where they have a professional coach at one school who put these girls who travel for competition with girls who are first timers and take everything from these girls. It was sad and disappointing to see that you have to shake your butt and be fast to win 1st place. Im raising ladies not thots.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 17, 2016
Management had lack of control and were unable to make changes that would benefit their employees. A lot of people that are in management positions have no business being there, lack of people skills and willingness to take on their job causes loss of good employees.
Pros
ALOT of time off
Cons
Hard to move forward and grow- need to wait for people to retire.
Could be better
Typist Clerk III/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2016
flexible schedule, it is ran off workplace politics. Co-works become family and management could be better. Pay isn't he best in LA County
Pros
Schedule
Cons
N/a
I love pusd
Child Development Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 5, 2016
It was a pleasure to work at Pasadena Unified School District and to be apart of their Early Childhood Education program. I miss being apart of PUSD, they really care about their students , especially the ECE department.