Pasadena Unified School District Employee Reviews

Served food to students
Food server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 7, 2016
served food to students during breakfast and lunch hour to make sure they are able to eat something before the break was over and had to go back to class.
Great schedule for families with small children
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Altadena, CASeptember 21, 2016
Same work hours and holiday schedule as school aged children. Greta for families. Very rewarding helping children reach academic goals. Co workers are amazing and very hard working.
Great Leadership Trying to Change a Culture of Mediocrity
Interactive Process Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 14, 2016
Certain Leaders and Departments are trying to change a culture of mediocrity, while others cling to it. Work with some great people who are productive as well as extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
Work Schedule, Benefits
Cons
Government Bureaucracy
Work hard for no respect or pay
youth leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 12, 2016
This is a babysitting job. Babysitting children that are very disrespectful and uneducated. You will have no respect from superiors who do not have your back or know what they are doing, they are also very lazy. They will blame you for their mistakes. They expect you to instruct the students without any materials, because they either will not provide you with the materials needed or will take too long to purchase them. Then when students don't get their work done, the superiors blame you. You are also blamed for the students' terrible results. Worst job I ever had. You also have to buy material from your own pocket because again, they do not supply enough materials.
Pros
Cons
disrespectful, uneducated students, no support from superiors
not a good place to work
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  PASADENAAugust 3, 2016
This was the worst job I think I ever came arcoss. They dont treat people with respect. They belittle you in so many ways. This program has changed ever since certain people became in charge. They have no sports at certain schools and they have unfair cheerleading competitions where they have a professional coach at one school who put these girls who travel for competition with girls who are first timers and take everything from these girls. It was sad and disappointing to see that you have to shake your butt and be fast to win 1st place. Im raising ladies not thots.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 17, 2016
Management had lack of control and were unable to make changes that would benefit their employees. A lot of people that are in management positions have no business being there, lack of people skills and willingness to take on their job causes loss of good employees.
Pros
ALOT of time off
Cons
Hard to move forward and grow- need to wait for people to retire.
Could be better
Typist Clerk III/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2016
flexible schedule, it is ran off workplace politics. Co-works become family and management could be better. Pay isn't he best in LA County
Pros
Schedule
Cons
N/A
I love pusd
Child Development Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 5, 2016
It was a pleasure to work at Pasadena Unified School District and to be apart of their Early Childhood Education program. I miss being apart of PUSD, they really care about their students , especially the ECE department.
Fulfilling job working with children
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 3, 2015
This program helped build my management skills and my ability to communicate effectively with others, especially with those in higher administrative positions. I learned how to work great with a team and to bring our vision to a reality. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children reach their full potential.
Work with kinder through high school kids.
Youth Leader/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 21, 2015
I wish I could get paid more for the stuff I do with the kids. Because, I actually have my own class room with 20 something kids and we do homework and we also go over other educational stuff with students only for ten dollars an hour.
Pros
Good schedules.
Cons
Little pay
it's true
LEARNs Site Coordinator / Student Body Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 20, 2015
This place use to be fun to work at... over the past few years it just isn't fun anymore... they are out of touch on what the kids really need
It was great to interact with students with need of an after school program
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 10, 2014
It was a great experience to work for students that required activities and supervision for homework making. I learned to designed lesson plans to a specific group of students paying attention to their own interest,
I really do miss working there :-)
HVAC (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 4, 2014
Great place to work and the people there were extremely friendly. Unfortunately I moved out of the area and couldn't make the commute to work but it was a great experience for me and I miss the people that were not only my co workers but became my friends.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Good Pay, Hoildays, Benifits, Great Environment
Great Learning Enviroment for students 6-12th grade
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 30, 2014
I Operated an After-School enrichment program. I was responsible for handling budget, hiring staff, designed, organized, and implemented a variety of after school curriculum programs that must appeal to ages 11-17. The best part of this job was being able to work with kids and help shape their lives for the future. Hardest part of this job is the benefits weren't the best and neither was the salary.
Pros
Working with kids, teens, and young adults
Cons
Salary wasn't great
Nice, but they need to get it together
Handicap Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 14, 2014
It's nice to have holidays and summer off with my kids, but they really need to get their communication with their employees together. I love working with the kids, but the pay is not good. You have to love working with kids because you really are not doing it for the pay.
Enjoyed working at PUSD
Instructional Aide Special Education (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 5, 2014
I was part of a great team! It was a good learning experience as a mother and as an employee.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 16, 2014
Love the environment and always stayed busy. Love the staff and my job.
Excitalble and you go on filed Trips
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2014
Promotion of education is a great field. Awsome place to learn interpersonal and coping skills. to work as a team and as a independent thinker.
Pros
Free water and donated snacks.
Cons
Mutiple personalities
Exposure to new tasks and autonomy of work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2014
Daily work task keep you busy. Learned several skills and procedures for working in a school district. Management is widely available to you when needed. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Constantly learning due to constant changes makes work interesting and not the same.
Pros
Good Benefits Rates, very understanding
Good place
Clinical Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2014
Great clinical experiences, co-workers are really helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pasadena Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Pasadena Unified School District Reviews by Location