Paschall Truck Lines (PTL)

Paschall Truck Lines (PTL) Employee Reviews

it was an awesome place to work for
Parts department/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARDecember 11, 2015
I enjoyed my two years at PTL. The workers all worked hard, and did there work in a timely manner. The shop manager was nice and was eager to help show someone what to do.
Cons
No room for advancement
This company is some poo.
Lease purchase driver (Former Employee) –  Murray kyNovember 16, 2015
Ptl is a boo boo company don't waste your time unless you just really need a job. These guys are the laughing stock of trucking industry. Peroid!!!!!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Everything other than to say you have a job.
Don't work for this company
Kentucky - OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 24, 2015
This company is okay to work for, but they have an orientation every Monday just like alot of these companies, but they fill a whole hotel up full of orientees.
Needs Business Training
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 20, 2015
This company is so full of it. The first few weeks, you barely make a check. They like to keep you coming back to the terminal and making you wait unnecessary.
some good some bad
current OTR driver (Current Employee) –  Murray KentuckyOctober 17, 2015
It's good starting company and yes it's 17 cents per Mile but that's all the miles the truck runs yours and partners. I averaged 48 to 5500 and my pay check was averaged 6 to 9 hundred dollars a week. Put up with the bad runs for two weeks then you start rolling. They are testing your patience. I got a trainer last day of orientation and never waited more than 3 days to get a truck. Now OTR not needing training I seen them wait up to seven days for truck trainees go first cause of all the Fed ex and ups loads that requires teams. I'm solo now and it's going good. I'm just getting my experience till I can work for a smaller company. That being said I am for the most part happy to be here. Their not bad if you can control your temper and not p*** off your fleet manger who can make you or break you.
Pros
job experience
Cons
poor communication use Qualcomm to send messages try to call as little as possible
positive
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KyOctober 7, 2015
Drove trucks with both manual and automatic transmissions. also did daily pre, and post trip inspections of the vehicle. Great pay and benefits.
short term employment expected
Fleet Management / Operations (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 15, 2015
My experience in the day to day at PTL was that I was working for someone who had only their management's best interest at heart. Do not expect long term employment here. They constantly rotate new employees in and out to avoid long term benefit payouts. There is no voluntary employee reviews. I had to ask several times for feedback and not much was given. After having temp worked for several months, I was released without any given notice or review.
Pros
decent pay, nice office location/environment
Cons
breaks are frowned upon, bad mouthing employees, immoral leadership
Not bad not good
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 12, 2015
The only wanted to you to go home once a month, and even then it was difficult to get home. I was told that there wasnt much freight going through or to Vicksburg, MS. So it was hard for them to find one to get me home.
Not a bad place to work.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  111 Max Hurt DriveSeptember 9, 2015
The company will not give raises. Other than that it is an job that was not bad. You meet new people everyday from all over the country.
Pros
Hours were good and co workers were great.
Cons
No advacement with money.
Not enough loads, no home time, not enough pay
CDL A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 9, 2015
PTL is a large company, but the worst part about them is they have you sitting and waiting to get your next load, or truck. It is a good job if you don't have a family to take care of and it's just you. If you have a family then I would find other work else where so you can actually pay your bills.
Pros
Traveling around the states
Cons
Sitting still to much not making any money
Worst trucking company ever!!!!!!!
Former Otr Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray,KyAugust 29, 2015
You will see the type of company this is as soon as you arrive in Kentucky.I believe they have picked the worst nasty,filthy,dirty,molded,worn down,bed bug infested hotel in town to house potential new hires.They have hundreds of drivers hanging around hotel for weeks at a time because they have no available trucks.If your lucky enough to get assigned a trainer,count your blessings because its rare it happens quickly.Next phase will be with a trainer where you will definitely do the majority of all the driving.In hindsight that's not a bad thing ,the more you drive the more you learn and become confident in yourself.But after those two weeks they put you with another rookie driver to complete I believe 40,000miles together.At the rate Ptl gives miles and loads this could easily take over six months.One reason is because drivers are constantly quitting because of the lack of miles and the 17 cents a mile the pay you doing this phase.That's right they pay you 17 cents to drive a tractor trailer otr its unbelievable. Let's say you get past those two stages,they will give you your own truck if any are available which they never are.Which means going home until one becomes available ,or going to recover one.They are filthy and nasty and in overall bad condition.They run ads constantly talking about averaging 2500-3000 miles a week.Let me tell you that is a outright lie.You will never get 3000 miles .And it takes that much just to get about a 800-900 dollar check.Do the math that's about 500 + miles a day over 5 days,because you can forget about getting dispatched over the weekend.They  more... give ridiculous loads that guarantee you will starve.500 mile trips that delivers in 2-3 days.Any driver can easily do this in a day and they know this but constantly dispatch dumb loads like this.They say you can go home whenever you want ,that's the farthest thing from the truth.They basically suggest you stay out a month to get 3-4 days in exchange.If its any difference in that scenario they will come and get truck.You Dont get detention pay until after 4 hours.That means you can literally waste an entire day at a shipper and get 10 per hour for a wasted day.Qualcolm Navigo is constantly freezing having you redirecting multiple times constantly going in wrong direction.I could go on and on.Overall I just wanted any drivers that were considering them to really read what has been said and "Trust me in what I have said.I know sometimes you have to do what you have to do ,but working here can make a bad situation worst.To be encouraged I will say do whatever you can to get your six months or whatever you need experience wise and leave never looking back.....The worst company I have ever seen in my entire life.....And you do not get any medical ,dental or vision until you work for them for one year.Which they know you will never reach anyway....Do not work here ,I can't stress this enough it will be the biggest mistake you will ever make in your trucking career.  less
Pros
I cannot think of one single thing this company did that i would consider as a Pro
Cons
No miles, 17cents a mile training, 33 cent single otr driver, no miles, horrible trailers takes hours to crank dolly legs, useless fleet managers, useless driver support.They do not do anything in a professinal manner, Horrible company!!!!!!
WARNING: Do NOT work for PTL (Paschall Truck Lines)
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 31, 2015
They are your typical trucking company with a large fleet of trucks.

Pro's:
- They pay every Thursday.
- They offer Lease purchase program.
- All their company trucks are automatics.
- They have orientation on Mondays (Mon - Wed) and Wed ( Wed-Fri).
- They give you these coupons to this wonderful all you can eat buffet. They have great food. You'll love the food they serve.
- The recruiters are cool & they will go out of their way to see to it that you're happy but after you're handed over to a fleet, you're on your own.

Con's:
- They give you a bus ticket to get you to orientation which is in Murray, Kentucky, but they make you pay for the bus ticket.
- They put you in a roach infested hotel that also has bed bugs.
Everybody was bit up in orientation from the bed bugs.
- They don't communicate with each other in the offices, so if you have a problem or you need immediate assistance, you're up s creek or it will take you forever in a day to get things done.
- They make you share a room with another grown man in the roach infested, bed bug, hotel they put you in.
- They will NOT pay you on payday, nor will they give you a cash advance if your truck is out of service for any reason. You'll have to wait until the next payday.
- If you go through their lease purchase program, they will send you to Quality Truck Sales on a bus (they take the bus ticket fare out of your paycheck - they make u pay for it).
- The trucks you're allowed to get from Quality Truck Sales is mostly only 2012 International pro stars with miles ranging anywhere from 200,000 miles on
  more... them to 500,000 miles on them. AND the trucks only come with a 30 day warranty. GOOD LUCK WITH THOSE TRUCKS AND GETTING THEM FIX AS THEY WILL BREAK DOWN SOON AS YOU GET YOUR 1ST LOAD.
- They don't allow you to switch from lease purchase to company driver.
- They have a lot of miscellaneous fees that they deduct on your paycheck that no other companies in the transportation and logistics industry deduct from your paycheck (they greedy and money hungry).
- They have a high turn over rate. They bring in 100-150 new drivers in every week for orientation. THAT SAYS ALOT ABOUT A COMPANY & THEIR TURN OVER RATE.
- DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING TEAMS THROUGH THEIR LEASE PURCHASE PROGRAM.
Pros
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Cons
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Poor Employment
Company driver (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 29, 2015
A typical day on the job included driving 11 hours and delivering customer freight to various accounts.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with dangerous motorists.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Insufficient pay
Great Starter Company
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 3, 2015
Excellent company!!! For the most part, PTL is willing to give people a second chance to be productive members in society.
don't waste your time
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 2, 2015
truck broke down 4 times in six months. dispatch was a joke plenty of time to sleep. low pay low miles. hardest part of the job was dealing with office personel
Cons
no miles poor dispatch
fun to work with them
truck driver/traner (Current Employee) –  murry kyJanuary 1, 2015
best job everlove it and made a lot of money love it iwouldnt wor for enybody els at the moment
THIS IS NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO START YOUR CAREER
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYDecember 26, 2014
Employee owned,does not mean YOU.. new hire will reap the benefits.. They Hire drivers every week to replace the ones that .QUIT after they figure out that they are never going to make enough money to survive or get there own truck. because they say you have to complete there training program as a TEAM DRIVER which pays less and they wont bring you in to become a solo driver BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE DRIVERS THAN TRUCKS TO DRIVE.and team drivers make less money each and the truck never stops rolling increasing the companies EMPLOYEE OWNERS PROFITS,after 3 weeks of training you and running you as a team they have already broken even for training you, then they hope you never figure it out while they continue to run your team for weeks after the agreed upon training miles! Very few drivers get more than 1600 miles a week solo almost none get 2500..DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
bigger lie teller than the other companys
Cons
too busy trying to micro manage too many drivers mileage so the drivers cant make a decent living!
IT WAS OK!
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYDecember 4, 2014
AVERAGE COMPANY THATS ALL IT WAS OK AIN"T REALLY TO M,UCH TO SAY.
Pros
advances was good, all way having some money in your pocket
Cons
well alway away frim your family
Finance Department
PAYROLL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 11, 2014
Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records. Checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintaining time and attendance records, entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
need better benefits
A good college job
Driver Services (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 6, 2014
The work itself is very interesting. The problem is that getting promoted or getting a raise just doesn't happen. Plus we have one guy who makes the decisions for every department. I respect he is the "president" but he hasn't stepped foot in my department in over 4 years. How is he supposed to know what is going on with our department and make decisions on what is best?
Pros
flexible schedule, great immediate supervisor!
Cons
no pay increases and no promotions.

2.7