Paschall Truck Lines (PTL) Employee Reviews

Sucks
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 19, 2017
Never home on time, pay is bad ,always sitting ,never get any awnsers why ur not moving ur just a truck number to them and the training is garbage they force you to run with other trainees and the list goes on.
Ptl
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMay 12, 2017
Good company to start from and gain experience. They have the freight so the money and miles are there. Beside on the road driver. They have no local jobs. Other than that, my experience with them was great beside not get the type of truck I want.
Good place for up and coming diesel mechanics to get their feet wet.
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 9, 2017
PTL is a good place for new diesel mechanics to get their feet wet but I do not recommend staying for an extended period of time. There is little to no opportunity for advancement and no raises.
Productive & Fun Place To Work
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 6, 2017
Life Is What You Make It, Your Career Is An Everyday Learning Process, No Matter How Long You've Been Driving Or How Much Experience You May Aquire, Always Room For Training, Advancing & Learning Something
New & You Will.
Great Starting Company.
Pros
Benefits, Great Fleet Manager.
Cons
Comunication Between Staffs, Low Pay, But Gets Better.
Employment of last resort.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 24, 2017
Company is located in small town of Murray KY. Consequently, administrative support (dispatchers, ect) are less than competent and professional. All new hires are required to be with a trainer for 5k miles, and to preform team driving for 40K miles. BE VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO TEAM DRIVE WITH. The standards for entry drivers are very low.
Awesome work place, rental cars for the driver, showers, awesome maintenance crew, pool table, exercise room.
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 23, 2017
First thing first, pre trip that's the most important part of the day you have to know what's going on with the equipment before you take of doing 70 on the interstate, the typical day always starts there once that completed you are to review all Qualcomm messages if any, then just simply take off on your journey. It's a pretty stress free work place especially being a solo company driver.
Pros
Free lunch, rental cars, employee owned.
Cons
None, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. PTL is great.
Distribution Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 13, 2017
Big company great place to work travel to alot of places meet alot of people the main yard is awsome place to relax the money is good great place to work for someone that is single
Pros
Travel aolt
Cons
Travel alot
Established company with poor benefits
CSR (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 4, 2017
The company has been in business for along time. Managers are nice people but company health plan is expensive and coverage is poor. Not much paid time off available.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Healthcare, paid time off
Daily Experiences
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2017
Daily changes that always present opportunities to challenge and create creative positive end results. Creating new personal relationships with new prospects.
Dont not work for this company
Diver (Former Employee) –  Murry, KYMarch 16, 2017
This company doesn't care about its workers. They refuse to pay you and leave you stranded on the side of the road. I have two drivers who started with them at the same time and within a month neither driver was ever paid anything and once they wanted to leave their fuel card was shut off and they were told "you're a grown man you figure out how to get the truck back" horrible company that should be shut down. Best to just skip this company when looking for a job.
Pros
Cons
Dont pay, leaves you stranded
Easy work, difficult work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed the job itself very much, but the men in all positions tend to treat women with disrespect. When upper management was notified, nothing was done.
Pros
Easy, relaxed work
Cons
Complete disrespect for women
Like it here
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 9, 2017
It's a great company What you put into it you will get out of it.great benefits great smiles pay is alright but I was told one thing in orientation about pay after the time for my raise I was told another
Pros
Same as every where else
Cons
Depends on you
starting point into industry
Solo OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 26, 2017
They prefer to put people in drivers seats and not train them. They don't care about their drivers only getting everything they can from them. Equipment is not kept up with.
Pros
a job
Cons
bad equipment
First Dispatching job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, got recruited off the truck from the road into the office in Brownsville Texas. My job was to get loads from the internal load board and assign to drivers and send the pertaining information via AS400/Qualcomm to the driver so that they would load. Communicate the performance of the driver to the load planner and inform them of any delays that may come up in-transit. The work place culture was awesome only 3 other persons were in the same office. The atmosphere was good and the job required multitasking.
Pros
Fleet based miles, fuel and less qualcomm messages bonus
Cons
I couldnt advance because the company is located in Kentucky, and I was in Texas.
fun place to work
Driver and Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 18, 2017
Easy but busy typical day. Learned a lot about more paperwork and the trucking computer system they use.

Enjoy working with coworkers

sometimes hard to deal with our drivers
Cons
eyecare and pay
Started Nov. 2016 End February 2017 bad company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 16, 2017
The only good thing to say is they will hire felons rather 1 day ago or a few hours you can get your start. The key word is start because they treat you like less than a human but they do give you the chance to make 700-900 a week during training. Less when solo and the most money is training. But you will have to fuss over unpaid miles, detention, layover, each and every week so keep track of the pro# and read the rules cause they will change them if you do not know what you saying. I am on the bus now heading home because I stayed out the entire time 3 months and the 1 time I asked for home time they made me feel so disrespected. That's all I'm saying about that but stay away if you have other options or get 3-6 months and find better.
Pros
700-900 a week, run 48 states, easy to get hired
Cons
Fuss over pay, Meryl the dispatcher, they always direct you to someone else no direct answers, plus I hate dry van
No Life
Driver (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 13, 2017
No life. No home time to spend with wife and kids. They want two new drivers to team up and drive which I don't feel safe with. They don't care about you not having time to run. They will tell you to run anyway.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great productive work environment
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 8, 2017
Productive work place. Has been a successful company for many years and will continue to do so. Nice employees who do nothing but surround you with kindness and help.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Nice place to work at. You can view and drive to different states. Nice environment to work around. Also the people that train you will be nice to work with.
Gain good work experience
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 6, 2017
I gained a lot of experience working at PTL. My direct supervisor was wonderful and understanding. The upper management could do better to communicate. Work was consistent most of the time and predictable. We had a lot of support for each other in my department. Other departments in our hall had a lot of drama. I worked with a smaller group, and we all got along. There is not room for advancement unless you hang around for a long time--10+ years. I did get two raises, but they were minimal and were after 1 year and 5 years. The benefits are okay. We had holiday pay and PTO, health insurance, 401K, and AFLAC available. Not a terrible place to gain experience and make a decent wage.
Pros
Good people, consistent work
Cons
little room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paschall Truck Lines (PTL). Our community is ready to answer.

2.6