Pasco County Employee Reviews

too much changeover
Emergency Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLAugust 6, 2017
Leads and Supervisors change regularly. Most step down because they are given no training or development. Very stressful on them, and to staff, because new supervisors step in who do not know what they are doing and are not helpful to employees. Mandated overtime is a constant. On call schedule has at least 6 days a month tied up. It is hard to do a great job when you are tired and burned out an no one every says thank you or good job.

Great insurance. Low pay. Lots of earned time off. Employee wellness clinic is free. Free uniforms. Paid training.
Kids are the real challenge
Pasco District School bus driver (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 24, 2017
early starts with split shifts make this job unique and not for everyone. driving the bus is easy after the excellent instruction given by the district trainers.
A great learning place.
Pasco Clerk & Comptroller / Trial clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rd.February 20, 2017
Very professional work environment.

I loved working side by side with Judges and other Trial Clerks.
For me it was a very self rewarding position and career.
Pros
Just everything in general about this position was amazing.
Productive workplace, great co-workers
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLFebruary 9, 2017
On a work day, I would arrive in the morning to receive the children and express to the parents all of the activities we would do during the day. Once we had all of the campers, we would rotate shifts between being outside and inside playing team building games as well as recreational ones. At the end of the day, I would let the parents know if any incidents that may have happened or any concerns we had, as well as any positive things that have occurred during the day. I then cleaned up the camp site and closed the facility.
Pros
Free lunch, laid-back atmosphere
a okay place to work
scca (Current Employee) –  elementary schoolNovember 1, 2016
it doesn't pay much but the benefits are free and better than most. There can be drama and advancement depending of who do you impress. I work for PLACE
Great Benefit package
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLOctober 27, 2016
I am presently assisting other departments with daily tasks and responsibilities. Such as the Financial check out daily fpr the Zoning Department and the final distrubutions for the Current Planning Department. I am flexable working in three departments with various tasks.
Excellent place to work!!! Great Bosses!!! Beautiful setting!!! Super people all the way!!!
Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hudson BeachSeptember 17, 2016
I would love to go back to work for this company if I could!!! Great Bosses, Hours, Great People All the Way!!! Enjoyable job if you like the outdoors.
Pros
Lovely county and parks especially!!!
Cons
There are none!!!
Volunteer work at New River Library
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  New River, FLJuly 24, 2016
Being ready, willing and able to assist patrons regarding technological matters.Vast knowledge on technology where I was aware of all that was brought in.
Pros
Enjoyed reading along with technology and assisting.
Cons
Provision of more hours.
fun place to work
Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLMay 13, 2016
Great leadership and supportive coworkers. Working there was a blessing! I learned a lot and was able to grow in many educational areas.
Leading change
LEAN SIX SIGMA CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 21, 2016
Leading change in a government environment is lots of fun and helps others change how they provide services to citizens in the County
A difficult culture to survive in if you're not part of the "in" crowd
Courtroom Clerk, Clerk and Comptroller (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJuly 8, 2015
Dealing with the public is never easy; however, the true sharks swim on the other side of the counter. The continuous back stabbing among coworkers is exhausting to endure. Workloads are piled on the "stronger" individuals while the weak are coddled. Bring your own self-motivation because any inspiration from leadership is nonexistent. Raises are not guaranteed, regardless of how hard one works, and if raises are awarded they are equal across all employees.
Pros
Some of the employees are truly caring and supportive
Cons
The pay is barely above poverty levels and many employees are on some form of public assistance
worked place
Crew Member Burger (Former Employee) –  wesley chapelJune 25, 2015
i liked working here because it was fast passed and their was a lot to do witch i like because it always kept me busy. i was a cashier and cleaner a stockier and it was busy place.
Pros
it was fast pased
Cons
their was very unfriendly people
Professional, growing
Driver Engineer/ paramedic/firefighter (Current Employee) –  Pasco, FLSeptember 11, 2014
This is a great place to work, great leaders and always striving to be the best at what they do. I saved lives and fought fire trying to protect peoples belongings. I have great bosses and work with awesome people. Fighting fires is very difficult but saving lives is very satisfying.
Pros
24 hrs at work, 48 hours off gives you time to work other places
Cons
the bad calls when people die
Good retirement job which is what I wanted. Nice people.
Storekeeper 1 Part Time (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 16, 2013
It was a good place to find job security. However with the housing collapse and resulting lost tax revenue, annual reviews remained but pays were frozen for the last 4 or so years i was living there. But serving the maintenance techs. and the citizenry was fun and rewarding. The guys were all good people to work for as was the office staff. We felt appreciated. Had a lunch room. It was close to my home. Florida weather was mild but HOT in summer. We prepped for any hurricane disaters that came our way and were assigned to disaster teams. Thankfully never needed it. We had annual classes on First Aid, Bloodborne pathogens, Defensive Driving, CPR etc, etc,
Hardest part of the job was the summer heat in non AC areas. Most enjoyable was my co-workers. Management was so so.
Pros
Comradere. AC lunchroom.
Cons
Heat. Wage freeze.
Public School
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pasco County Public SchoolAugust 16, 2013
I teach all subjects and all levels. Every day is a new adventure.
Liked people i worked with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  new port richey flJune 4, 2013
No advancement, not a good working environment, unsafe, equipment unsafe. they tell u to use it anyway
Good experience
Pasco County Utility III worker (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 1, 2013
The position is good building block for furthering a career in the water industry. There is not a clear or or steady pathway for advancement. The county hasn't had a raise in over 5 years although spending a few million on a new plant that isn't being used at this time. Coworkers for the most part care for their jobs in spite of the County holding wages at a year 2000 threshold. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning curve remains on an upward slope to keep your senses and mind sharp.
Pros
learnable experience
Cons
very low pay
Customer service was number one
FIELD SUPERVISOR this was my last (Former Employee) –  Public WorksSeptember 27, 2012
Was a great place to work up until management went to mostly colledge graduates. They new very little about Field work and would not listen to what the expierience employees had to say.
Pros
guarenteed 40 hr' work weeks
Cons
good benifits