Pasco County

Pasco County United States Employee Reviews

Good retirement job which is what I wanted. Nice people.
Storekeeper 1 Part Time (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: comradere. ac lunchroom.
Cons: heat. wage freeze.
It was a good place to find job security. However with the housing collapse and resulting lost tax revenue, annual reviews remained but pays were frozen for the last 4 or so years i was living there. But serving the maintenance techs. and the citizenry was fun and rewarding. The guys were all good people to work for as was the office staff. We felt appreciated. Had a lunch room. It was close to my home. Florida weather was mild but HOT in summer. We prepped for any hurricane disaters that came our way and were assigned to disaster teams. Thankfully never needed it. We had annual classes on First Aid, Bloodborne pathogens, Defensive Driving, CPR etc, etc,
Hardest part of the job was the summer heat in non AC areas. Most enjoyable was my co-workers. Management was so so.
Public School
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Pasco County Public SchoolAugust 16, 2013
I teach all subjects and all levels. Every day is a new adventure.
Liked people i worked with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), new port richey flJune 4, 2013
No advancement, not a good working environment, unsafe, equipment unsafe. they tell u to use it anyway
Good experience
Pasco County Utility III worker (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: learnable experience
Cons: very low pay
The position is good building block for furthering a career in the water industry. There is not a clear or or steady pathway for advancement. The county hasn't had a raise in over 5 years although spending a few million on a new plant that isn't being used at this time. Coworkers for the most part care for their jobs in spite of the County holding wages at a year 2000 threshold. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning curve remains on an upward slope to keep your senses and mind sharp.
Customer service was number one
FIELD SUPERVISOR this was my last (Former Employee), Public WorksSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: guarenteed 40 hr' work weeks
Cons: good benifits
Was a great place to work up until management went to mostly colledge graduates. They new very little about Field work and would not listen to what the expierience employees had to say.

About Pasco County

The Pasco Sheriff's Office provides law enforcement services at a cost that is much less than any of the largest 13 agencies (see – Read more