Passaic County Community College Employee Reviews

great enviroment
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 19, 2017
good co workers and a very firm system. They could work on some more plans to create full time workers. however the staff are friendly and will help you get through.
school maybe the cheapest county
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 6, 2017
but the pre-requists for classes are ridiculous. first they say one class isn't needed for your major and the next semester you have to take it regardless because you need it to take another class
I Thoroughly Enjoy Working at PCCC
Adjunct Professor of Sociology (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJJune 28, 2017
I absolutely love what I do at the college. The courses that I have been able to teach have brought so much joy and excitement to my personal life that I look forward to returning every opportunity I get. The staff is very supportive and have been extremely helpful as I transitioned into this new venture.
Pros
Professional Learning Community
Cons
I would prefer to be working here full-time.
college enviroment
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJune 8, 2017
The security department was a very stressful environment to work for and engage with coworkers. There was no support system with managers or supervisors. would not recommend to anyone,
excellent teamwork and work standards
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJJune 8, 2017
love to interact with students on a daily basis

provide students with information about our department program

is able to use judgement to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed.
Pros
was able to work and take classes at same faculty
Cons
no full time positions or healthcare benefits
Satisfactory
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJMay 26, 2017
As an adjunct, the classes are usually filled to capacity. This is fine because it challenges me to keep the students engaged.
The students are usually receptive and respectful.
Would love to be considered for full time position.
Pros
All classrooms are equipped with technology.
Cons
Security/public safety isn't easily accessible.
Productive and progressive place to work
Business Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 23, 2017
Passaic County Community College is is an all embracing, independence, progressive and character building place of work. The environment is suitable for any person from any background or ethnicity to work in.
The school is going downhill due to the administrative incompetence.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 28, 2017
School administration consist of the same people for the last 35 years with only concern for their own well-being. It is led by the nurse that thinks the college should run like a hospital = 24/7. To do so, the administration is exploiting tenure-track faculty, making them work like a crazy for 3-4 years without ever considering to grant them tenure. If you are considering a tenure-track position at PCCC, here is an advice: ask them how many tenure-track instructors are actually granted tenure and then run away as fast as you can.
Pros
good benefits, love teaching
Cons
low pay, high pressure on faculty, bad management.
Not a good place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 16, 2017
The college is located in a very unsafe area of Paterson and teaching evening classes can be a hazard. The pay is very low (compared to other Community Colleges). I would suggest Bergen or Essex as the better options.
Pros
non
Cons
unsafe, low pay
Stressful
Professor (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 16, 2017
College is having huge financial problems, salary is miserable and you will be working like a crazy. There is also a lot of back stabbing going on that is enforced by the administration. If you can avoid it, you would be much better somewhere else.
Pros
non
Cons
Stressful, not secure, not a good atmosphere, Low pay
Adult Education Department staff
GED Test Prep Instructor (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 10, 2017
Working for this department for the past 12 years has been great. I've had steady teaching contracts with little downtime between semesters. .
Motivating Community
Office Aide (Current Employee) –  Passaic, NJMarch 4, 2017
Working as an office aide at PCCC has been one of the most influencial opportunities I have had. I have grown personally as well as professionally working at PCCC. I have acquired numerous professional skills and learned important life lessons that will help me in my future endeavors.
Independent work and helped students with courses.
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 21, 2017
I would usually spend 1 hour before the students lab session, personally completing the lab. Afterwards would spend 2 hours helping them during the lab. The rest of the week I would hold tutor sessions to help them understand anything they did not understand during the lecture for that week. The best part of the job is that I made my own tutoring schedule and did everything independently.
Pros
Independent, created own schedule, and refreshed memory on earlier subjects
Cons
Stressful environment to work in
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paterson NJJanuary 19, 2017
You learn alot on the job, but there is too much back stabbing that goes around, and you are forced to do extra work and not get fair compensation for it.
Students are our business, much goes into helping them become successfully.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Passaic CampusJanuary 14, 2017
Have enjoyed working there, from very being I worked in customer service, I have helped many who have come through our doors, whether it was with directions, giving a person a pencil, answering a question or listening to them say what their goals are. College has been good place to work.
Pros
Nice community of people
Cons
Raises are not enough
Communication, Adaptation, Learning
Network Administrator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 7, 2017
My time with Passaic Community College as both a student and an employee gave me was an incredible experience. Like many hardworking people, I was given the chance to learn as much as I can with today's technological utilization based on Cloud Computing, VM Ware and Virtualization. Moreover, the supervisors and my boss entrusted me with handling specific tasks that only higher ups would be able to do. They gave me a chance to advance further than my job description. They give everyone a chance to learn so we can seek better opportunities in the future. Overall, I am very grateful for having the nicest people to teach me the basic and advanced fundamentals of computers and networking. Communication is key in completing successful projects.

The only thing that can be difficult for some people would possibly be certain staff or faculty who speak a different language. Luckily the college focused more on a bilingual standpoint whether its English or Spanish, etc. We live in an environment that is very diverse and our department has people like ourselves who are willing to communicate with any language.

Another thing to consider is that this job is Part Time, but that's not to say there's no growth. One must work hard for it. Sometimes the position will be there but you have to be tested over time. If you're a student and the schedule works for you, then there should be no problem. They accommodate any schedule as long as you work your hours.

Overall, Fun and Educational - 10/10
Pros
Communication
Cons
Part Time, No Healthcare
Competitive pay, travel required.
Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJDecember 27, 2016
Training includes good life skills (CPR, first aid, water rescue); competitive entry pay; potential to work at variety of different locations, some may be farther than others.
Good for college students
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Passaic, NJOctober 17, 2016
Per diem work that is good for a college student. Lite work and flexible hours. I enjoy this because it provides extra cash that is good for allowance
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Minimum pay and limited hours
Products
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 4, 2016
Awesome work environment ...... been here two years and it's been amazing ........ love my co-workers and my superiors. Wouldn't leave this job at all
Cons
Secretary/Assistant - Radiography/Sci (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 16, 2016
I pray as always, Deal with people, management is very helpful, my coworkers are team-players, enjoyable. leaving and knowing my work is not in vain.
Pros
Helping
Cons
Not being able to help everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Passaic County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9