Passport Health Plan Employee Reviews

Very comfortable work environment
Provider Enrollment Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2016
Overall Passport is a good place to work for , but the advancement ladder needs some improvement.And a typical work day was usualy pleasant with co workers.
Awesome
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2016
Great people, Easy job, Healthy environment. opportunity for advancement. Best job i ever had. regret leaving........................................
A great place to work for
Provider Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 24, 2015
Passport Health Plan is a wonderful place to work. The dedication to their members and providers is remarkable. And they take pride in developing their staff.
Pros
Benefits, great executive team, and doing fun stuff for the members in the community
Cons
Stess levels
Great with community
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2015
They provide excellent involvement with the community. The staff is wonderfull in some departments. They are trying to use culture now since there has been alot of unnecessary behaviors here.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Leadership needs improvment
Good people, Strict policies
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
It is a good place to work for for most people, but make sure to leave very very early for work if you live far away.

My daily commute without traffic was about 45 min. With traffic it could take 2+ hours. They do not take tardiness lightly no-matter the circumstance. It is understandable considering it is mostly a call center and it is important to be available to take calls.
It can get a little ridiculous though when you leave for work over 2 hours ahead of shift, badge into the building in time, only to clock in 1 minute late using an annoying, tedious, extensive login process resulting in a point and a write up.

On most days I get to work over an hour early. I leave about 2 hours ahead of my scheduled time just in case of an accident on the road. They will not let you clock in but 5 minutes before your scheduled time, so you have a 5 minute window to login, but if you are having login issues and clock in just 1 minute late its a full point. In an area where traffic is very heavy at certain hours, a minor accident on the highways can set you way back and if you haven't left extra early each day the points will add up. For me, even leaving 2 hours early wasn't enough on a few days. You will also end up spending a lot of time trying to kill it if not much holds you up on the highway, and you won't be able to clock in early so you'll just have to wait.

Aside from the strict attendance, It's actually a good place to work.. The benefits are good and my superiors are very nice and friendly although very by the book. For me I feel like the work is easy, but a
  more... few curve-balls in some calls can make things challenging enough.. In member services some people on the phone can be pretty nasty, but most people are not so bad. You'll have to keep a thick skin when you get yelled at. People will take out their frustrations on you no matter what you do, but not because you did anything wrong, but because usually it's out of your hands and you simply can't solve their problem. You also have some people you might feel bad for, but try not to let that get to you either.

There is plenty of opportunity to work your way up to a higher position in a relatively short time, but you won't be eligible if you have attendance/tardiness issues like I have had.. Attendance and tardiness had never been an issue with me in previous jobs, but on the rare instances I was a little late, they were forgiving at my other jobs. All but one instance of tardiness has been out of my control, but since I live far away a lot can happen on the roads even when giving ample time. If you live relatively close you won't have the same issues and have opportunities I have been unable to seize until my points clear in a few months.
Pros
Good people to work for, opportunities for better paying positions.
Cons
Strict attendance policies, annoying clock-in process, Angry people on phones
Excellent
Tiny Tots Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyJuly 16, 2015
My typical day at work consists of updating clinical staff on the status of the newborns seen in the ER the previous day so that they can conduct follow up. I work with nurses who work closely with fragile infants who had been detained in the hospital All have special needs. I also manage mailings to the parents for Welcome Packets to welcome them to the Tiny Tots Program, Closing letters, when they no longer need follow up care, and unable to contact letters. I enjoy this position very much!
Pros
I love my job!
Cons
I would like to learn analytical skills in order to do more data reports.
Free lunches.
IT OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2015
This is a nice place to work. really nice and sweet people.
I can recommend anyone to work there.

One thing I could say this is a nice organization to work for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nothing bad
Wonderful Place to Work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2014
Free Cable and Services
Management was caring and worked great with staff.
Work/Life Balance.
Working in the Community.
Pros
great management
Cons
stress levels
Wondeful work environment
Research Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2015
Amazing people, everyone is so friendly and helpful. You have the opportunity to grow within the company as well and build strong relationships with your co-workers.
Good Place to work
Enrollment & Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 5, 2012
Assist clients in applying for KCHIP/Passport. Attend Community Events and meetings. Management was professional, informative and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the community. The hardest part of the job was traveling in between several counties daily.
Growing Company
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 12, 2013
Dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for the members.

4.4