Passport Health Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CADecember 7, 2017
It was a great job for me, very easy and the pay was well worth it. If you are able to travel to different locations this is a great fit for anyone. The locations were all amazing, and most of the time there was rooms full of free snacks :)
Very informative place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 4, 2017
I worked for a registered nurse and manager. Passport Health was a place where you received immunizations when you traveled out of the country. These shots were not available at most doctor's offices. I learned a lot about different countries and diseases.
Pros
Bonus at Christmas Time.
Cons
Very small office, no lunch room. Had to go out breaks and lunch.
Driving all over the state; no benefits
ARNP (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 29, 2017
Driving all over the state; sometimes having to get up at 2 am to drive 4-5 hours to start a clinic at 8 am. People don't want to hear they have diabetes or hypertension, and I didn't know if they followed up with their PCP as advised, or not. Management was fair. Workplace culture was difficult getting along with coworkers. Paid for travel. The hardest part of the job was the travel and early morning travel and late evening travel the same day. The most enjoyable part of the day was doing physicals on healthy people and encouraging for their good health habits.
Pros
Busy clinics
Cons
No benefits, no lunch breaks
Great if you like to work independently
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tubbs Island, CASeptember 25, 2017
This is great job if you can stay organized and don't mind working alone. There is no on else in the office so you have to be able to communicate well with the managers in AZ. The managers are helpful and pretty accommodating.
Pros
schedule flexibilty
Cons
no manger in state, have to call in for help
Stressful environment, incompetent management
Travel Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2017
Typical Corporate approach to staff & customer care. Their main concern is making money while providing inadequate customer service. Corporate greed at its best!
Pros
Some scheduling flexibility
Cons
Poor and dishonest management
Working for my grandmother through passport
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Somerset, OHJuly 20, 2017
Passport is a great company that not only takes care of the elderly but, gives them the choice on who they have take care of them. I would recommend this company to anyone who is in need of additional services. The case workers are wonderful and always make sure the client has what they need, or will receive what is needed.
good service for travelers
Immunization Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 13, 2017
There are multiple locations of this company. It has been many years since I worked here, but in general I can say that it is an interesting niche of healthcare and there was flexibility for scheduling. It did feel a little like a sales job at times and that is not my strength and it felt wrong to have pay rate based on the immunizations I recommended to clients.
Positive and fun work environment
Client Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2017
Passport Health was overall a good company to work for. They were very understanding and flexible with scheduling especially if you were attending school. The VP of operations seeks in house talent before looking outside the company and gives infinite opportunities for lower level employees to showcase their skills.
Pros
VP of operations hosts a May the fourth celebration which includes a light saber crafting station
Great job as PRN
HEALTH SCREENING (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 6, 2017
Day go by fast cause you are busy all the time, You travel to many different places. Fun part of the job is that you work independently with RN'S. All together it is great company to work for to make extra money.
n/a
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 17, 2017
I worked for the company temporarily to run flu clinics. It was enjoyable. Traveling around northeast Ohio and setting up clinics with corporate companies. The pay was excellent and the staff was friendly.
Can create your own schedule
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMay 10, 2017
That is the only plus about working here & the clients can be interesting. Too much expected in a set time frame at a very low pay for an RN. Always having to stay overtime. No benefits. No breaks because of the ridiculous over booking.
Pros
Can set own schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
Good place
Administrative Assistant/Satellite Office Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 8, 2017
Really laid back - can get lonely as there are few people working in the office. Great people and the clients have great stories to tell. The Boulder office is the best
Nice place to work
Independent Contractor Flu Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 26, 2017
This is a contract work position. Owner is very nice and the work is not too complicated. It is seasonal work. You can set your own schedule and it is quick and easy.
Pros
pick your own schedule
Cons
payroll person is not good
Fun work place
ABR (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2016
It is a good place to work.
You can only get ahead if you are the favorite.
Answering calls hourly. Booking appointments
Lead will help if they are ever available.
Go Into This With Eyes Wide Open
RN (Former Employee) –  anonymousJuly 3, 2016
Definitely a money driven company. Hours are cut on a day to day basis which makes it difficult to schedule your own things let alone depend on your paychecks. No benefits. At all. No raises. At all. They will give you a small bonus for up-selling, but honestly the prices are not competitive and customers know it. Management does not get back to when you have questions. You truly feel like you are own your own. Training for new hires is not long enough. Unless you come from a travel med or vaccine background you are thrown into the deep end. If you can overlook these things then Passport is for you.
Pros
Clients are enjoyable
Cons
Unorganized management, no benefits, no room for advancement
Passport Health was great place to work. Unfortunately the company downsized.
Medical Assistant / Admin (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 22, 2016
Every day at work was busy but nice. There was always something to learn and to expand the knowledge. My co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the clients would be excited about the office,and when they would compliment the service.
The hardest part for me was downsizing.
Pros
The travel medicine is very interesting to work at.
Cons
Micro-management!
Hostile work environment created by management, sustained by other employees; happy to be gone
Travel Health Immunization Specialist (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 29, 2016
The best part about being employed here was the knowledge gained and the people I was able to serve. This company frequently failed to meet the transparency standards of the BBB.
Pros
Part Time Employment
Cons
No insurance, no benefits, no lunches, no raises
Flexible and friendly
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2016
Provided the opportunity to work in different environments with friendly people and design my work hours to fit my needs.
Pros
designed my work schedule
Cons
waited over 30 days to see income
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the patients.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma County, OKJanuary 7, 2016
I do the packing for the wellness clinics. I also take all the set up for the wellness clinics. The course of the day includes to screening patients, drawing their blood and taking vitals. I also check them out when they are through with the clinic. I tear down clinics and bring things back to our location.
A day at Passport Health
financial admin (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 4, 2016
I had day to day responsibilities. I loved what I did at Passport Health. Learning how Quickbooks worked was my favorite part, As well as learning the in's and out's of a Financial Department. Management in my opinion could use some help. I would of liked to learn a lot more then just Quickbooks even though it was what we mainly used.