pastor

pastor Employer Reviews

The people
Pastor (Former Employee), Monahans, TXDecember 30, 2014
Pastors do everything. no typical days. You do what the people need when they need it. No matter what the time or problem.
great job; looking for new challenges
Pastor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: disappointments when people do not meet hopes for improvements
wonderful job requiring a full range of talents; each day is different, sometimes unexpected
enjoy working with people
Administrator and supervise multiple axillaries (Current Employee), Valdosta, GeorgiaDecember 17, 2014
I am a people's person. I love to help and assist others. I assist the members with their personal issues. I provide counselling session. Transport the members if needed to their doctor appointments.
New Chapter
To care for the people (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 18, 2014
I have dealt with Amazon as a customer and would now like a chance to work for them bringing my skill set to the table
Great ministerial opportunity for growth and development!
Founder/Church Planter (Current Employee), Windsor Locks, CTSeptember 8, 2014
How to endure and persevere through the rigors of pastoral care and ministry.
adiministrative assnt.
MSoffice work (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 31, 2014
Pros: more hours, good salary to support my family, benefits, retirement
Cons: unorganized, uncleaness
I have been experience learning to do computer, typing, MS word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS outlook, MS Access, copying, printer, counseling, managerial for almost 20 years. I am still want to leaning to speak Cantonese, Mandrin, Chinese to build the qualities of my skills to meet other client, employee and employer. I love to work to met the requirement and be on the schedule. These are my most expectation to meet the goal of success to our company.
Fulfilling place to work
SENIOR LEADER (Former Employee), Lakewood Forest Baptist ChurchAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fulfilling
Interacted with business and community leaders on a weekly basis.
Great Opportunity
Pastor (Current Employee), Redondo Beach, CAAugust 26, 2014
Its been an honor to be able to work as a pastor. Provided great freedom with schedule to help build relationships.
Excellent place to grow personally
Pastor (Former Employee), Orchard, NEAugust 24, 2014
A typical day is 4 hours office time, 2 hours community time, 2 hours visiting parishioners.
I learned to be all things to all people.
I managed business and small group ministries.
I worked with my secretary to handle bulletins, general information flyers.
The hardest part of my job is working with those who are never satisfied.
The most enjoyable part of my job is visiting with people.
oversight management
Pastor Emeritus (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAAugust 13, 2014
Oversight management, counseling,visiting ill and shut-ins, speaking preparation. The most enjoyable part was bringing comfort to those
suffering grief or illness. Working with co-workers was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was learning how to say "no".
Excellent work place
Senior Elder, Community Christian Fellowship (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: developing whole person ministry - spirit- soul- body
Cons: sometimes not enough hours in day to complete work
Usually in the office on Thursdays. Start with morning, 9:00 am Bible Study. Office work and members visitations the remainder of the day. 7:00 pm Corporate Prayer and 7:30 pm Bible Study again. Usually work with Ministry Teams on Saturdays. Usually one Worship Serviice on Sunday. Monthly Administrative Staff, Elders, Ministers and Leadership Team Meetings.
AS A PASTOR I ENJOY WORKING WITH PEOPLE
Pastor (Current Employee), Corrigan, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: face to face people contact all day every day
Cons: each day is challenging to sy the least. the hardest part of the job is being on call 24/7
MY DAYS ARE VARIED AND WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS IN PERSON. I WORK WITH PEOPLE MANAGE, LEAD, AND ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL KINDS OF BACKGROUND. I AM EXPECTED TO BE CHIEF EXECUTIVE, COUNSELOR AND OVERSEER OF A 3000,000 DOLLAR BUDGET. I MANAGE ALONG WITH A SECRETARY AND 6-7 OTHER STAFFERS THE DAILY OPERATIONS OF A CHURCH. MOST OF MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN IN SALES, PEOPLE/PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MANAGEMENT. I AM SELF MOTIVATED AND HAVE AN INHERITED WORK ETHIC FROM MY FATHER.
Challenging and rewarding
Intrim (Former Employee), Ebenezer Baptist ChurchJune 23, 2014
Pros: challenging, rewarding, learned a lot
It really depends on the church.
No typical Day.
24/7/365
visitations, meetings, sermon prep, team leading, research
fun place to work is place where you learn somthing new everyday
Repairer of the Breach Christian Center Chicago (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 15, 2014
My typical day of work is to sort and count products. Make sure inventory control is taking place. My co-workers are very supportive of each other and we pride ourselves in working as a team. the hardest part of the job is keeping track of products that don't come in from the normal supply chain. The most enjoyable part is working with the team.
Productive and enjoyed serving people.
Assistant to the Pastor (Former Employee), College Park, GAJune 12, 2014
Assisted Senior Pastor in the daily operations of the church administration
Areas of assistance included calling, counseling, staff meetings, publicity plans
Evangelism, delivering sermons, performing weddings and delivering eulogies
Great Place to work
Apostle (Current Employee), Barlett TNMay 31, 2014
Pros: working with the less fornate
Cons: on call 24 hours a day
I have great co-workers. I enjoy working as a Pastor. I meet lots of exciting people. Each day is challenging. The hardest part of the job is being on call 24 hours a day. A typical day includes counseling individuals. Preparing sermons for my TV and Radio Broadcast. The Management Staff is very supportive and allow me to carry out my vision.
Trinity Combined Strong Heritage While Moving Into the New Millennium
Pastor (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAMay 24, 2014
Pros: raised my children there
Cons: stayed a long time; stunted opportunities to move to larger churches
A typical day as pastor usually involves some time preparing a Sunday sermon, calling or visit a church member (sometimes at their home and sometimes in a hospital), time meeting with a staff member, time doing planning and vision casting for the short term and long term health of the church, planning for an important meeting, counseling with a church member, or dealing with a crisis situation. I am responsible for a full time team of five employees and a part-time team of three. We work together as a team. I believe in collaboration. Thus, we all shore in the blame if things don't well and the praise if things do. The hardest part of my job is dealing with "well-intentioned dragons." Some might not even be well-intentioned. A close second would be trying to meet and fulfill everyone's expectations, which are usually larger that I can meet. The most enjoyable part of my job is one-on-one time I spend with a church member or other member of the community, ministering to that person during or following a death, or because they of some issue to unpack, or because we just decided we wanted to talk that day.
Great church
Associate Pastor Administration/Education (Former Employee), Pfafftown, NCApril 29, 2014
Pros: people loved the lord
Cons: some wanted to do things their way not god's way sometimes
I had a great ministry at this church. I oversaw the staff and the workings of the church. I supervised 9 staff members all of which did a great job.
I supported parishioners with their spiritual needs.
Minister (Former Employee), Duluth, MNMarch 13, 2014
Pros: it was a priviledge.
Cons: sometimes i was stretched a bit thin.
It was very rewarding to offer people a sense of their goodness and eternal importance.
An active listener, Trainer, Critical Thinker, Administrator and Manager, Marketer, Service Orientator.
Leader/first partaker (Current Employee), 509 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Merced, CA., 95341March 5, 2014
Pros: working together in unity
Cons: cliques, divisions
A typical day at work includes conducting classes with at least 30 students giving 10 minute breaks after lecturing for 2 hours.
What I learned is that each class has a different culture of students and that no two students are alike.
Being a manager of the different areas of my experience gives me a good cross-section of experience of how to manage employees, time, and budgeting.
I have learned that taking the extra step to get to know each of my co-workers as a team captain or player helps us to have a healthy work environment.
I believe the hardest part of the job is completing performance apraisals and conducting diciplinary actions.
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing immediate incentive rewarding for excellent job performance.

1 2 3