pastor

pastor Employer Reviews

Excellent work place
Senior Elder, Community Christian Fellowship (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: developing whole person ministry - spirit- soul- body
Cons: sometimes not enough hours in day to complete work
Usually in the office on Thursdays. Start with morning, 9:00 am Bible Study. Office work and members visitations the remainder of the day. 7:00 pm Corporate Prayer and 7:30 pm Bible Study again. Usually work with Ministry Teams on Saturdays. Usually one Worship Serviice on Sunday. Monthly Administrative Staff, Elders, Ministers and Leadership Team Meetings.
AS A PASTOR I ENJOY WORKING WITH PEOPLE
Pastor (Current Employee), Corrigan, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: face to face people contact all day every day
Cons: each day is challenging to sy the least. the hardest part of the job is being on call 24/7
MY DAYS ARE VARIED AND WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS IN PERSON. I WORK WITH PEOPLE MANAGE, LEAD, AND ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL KINDS OF BACKGROUND. I AM EXPECTED TO BE CHIEF EXECUTIVE, COUNSELOR AND OVERSEER OF A 3000,000 DOLLAR BUDGET. I MANAGE ALONG WITH A SECRETARY AND 6-7 OTHER STAFFERS THE DAILY OPERATIONS OF A CHURCH. MOST OF MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN IN SALES, – more... PEOPLE/PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MANAGEMENT. I AM SELF MOTIVATED AND HAVE AN INHERITED WORK ETHIC FROM MY FATHER. – less
Challenging and rewarding
Intrim (Former Employee), Ebenezer Baptist ChurchJune 23, 2014
Pros: challenging, rewarding, learned a lot
It really depends on the church.
No typical Day.
24/7/365
visitations, meetings, sermon prep, team leading, research
fun place to work is place where you learn somthing new everyday
Repairer of the Breach Christian Center Chicago (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 15, 2014
My typical day of work is to sort and count products. Make sure inventory control is taking place. My co-workers are very supportive of each other and we pride ourselves in working as a team. the hardest part of the job is keeping track of products that don't come in from the normal supply chain. The most enjoyable part is working with the team.
Productive and enjoyed serving people.
Assistant to the Pastor (Former Employee), College Park, GAJune 12, 2014
Assisted Senior Pastor in the daily operations of the church administration
Areas of assistance included calling, counseling, staff meetings, publicity plans
Evangelism, delivering sermons, performing weddings and delivering eulogies
Great Place to work
Apostle (Current Employee), Barlett TNMay 31, 2014
Pros: working with the less fornate
Cons: on call 24 hours a day
I have great co-workers. I enjoy working as a Pastor. I meet lots of exciting people. Each day is challenging. The hardest part of the job is being on call 24 hours a day. A typical day includes counseling individuals. Preparing sermons for my TV and Radio Broadcast. The Management Staff is very supportive and allow me to carry out my vision.
Trinity Combined Strong Heritage While Moving Into the New Millennium
Pastor (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAMay 24, 2014
Pros: raised my children there
Cons: stayed a long time; stunted opportunities to move to larger churches
A typical day as pastor usually involves some time preparing a Sunday sermon, calling or visit a church member (sometimes at their home and sometimes in a hospital), time meeting with a staff member, time doing planning and vision casting for the short term and long term health of the church, planning for an important meeting, counseling with a church – more... member, or dealing with a crisis situation. I am responsible for a full time team of five employees and a part-time team of three. We work together as a team. I believe in collaboration. Thus, we all shore in the blame if things don't well and the praise if things do. The hardest part of my job is dealing with "well-intentioned dragons." Some might not even be well-intentioned. A close second would be trying to meet and fulfill everyone's expectations, which are usually larger that I can meet. The most enjoyable part of my job is one-on-one time I spend with a church member or other member of the community, ministering to that person during or following a death, or because they of some issue to unpack, or because we just decided we wanted to talk that day. – less
Great church
Associate Pastor Administration/Education (Former Employee), Pfafftown, NCApril 29, 2014
Pros: people loved the lord
Cons: some wanted to do things their way not god's way sometimes
I had a great ministry at this church. I oversaw the staff and the workings of the church. I supervised 9 staff members all of which did a great job.
I supported parishioners with their spiritual needs.
Minister (Former Employee), Duluth, MNMarch 13, 2014
Pros: it was a priviledge.
Cons: sometimes i was stretched a bit thin.
It was very rewarding to offer people a sense of their goodness and eternal importance.
An active listener, Trainer, Critical Thinker, Administrator and Manager, Marketer, Service Orientator.
Leader/first partaker (Current Employee), 509 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Merced, CA., 95341March 5, 2014
Pros: working together in unity
Cons: cliques, divisions
A typical day at work includes conducting classes with at least 30 students giving 10 minute breaks after lecturing for 2 hours.
What I learned is that each class has a different culture of students and that no two students are alike.
Being a manager of the different areas of my experience gives me a good cross-section of experience of how to manage – more... employees, time, and budgeting.
I have learned that taking the extra step to get to know each of my co-workers as a team captain or player helps us to have a healthy work environment.
I believe the hardest part of the job is completing performance apraisals and conducting diciplinary actions.
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing immediate incentive rewarding for excellent job performance. – less
General Overseer of Ministry and Staff
Founding President (Current Employee), Andalusia, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: freedom of time... working my own schedule, meeting people
Each day is different and challenging. It is full of opportunity and each opportunity hold its own rewards. Working with people (God's people) is unlike any other experience I've ever had. Most my life I have been dealing with people/public relations in one form or another. Many times my duties involve conflict resolution; financial consulting, negotiations, – more... decision management, and training of co-workers, staff and consultants. Motivational skills are of the utmost importance and keeping the people focuses on their goals. I have dealt with every area of running a successful church; including working with the media; radio, tv newspapers, newsletters and more. Also working in media production with television. The hardest part of the job is to see someone you have poured your life chose to walk away and not achieve their highest potential. The most enjoyable things are when people apply the principles set out, use the tools and see them and their family succeed. Then they begin to duplicate those efforts to others. – less
EVENT SPECIALIST
Currently in Marketing (Former Employee), Mt. JewettJanuary 21, 2014
I am currently working for CROSSMARK, INC., a leading fortune 500 company in marketing as an EVENT SPECIALIST. Although this is a part time job, I am still looking for other parttime positions to help in paying the bills.

Thank you!
Making disciples of Jesus Christ
Senior Pastor (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: loving people
Cons: time management
Various pastorial duties, with the emphasis on making disciples of Christ.
Deliver sermons, counsel, perform weddings/funerals
Schedule/lead (Current Employee), Mayer, AZDecember 30, 2013
The best part of the day is knowing that I have shared the Gospel message with all in attendance.
My desire is to work in an educational leadership postion where I can make a difference in a community.
Children's Pastor (Current Employee), Bethel Deliverance ChurchDecember 8, 2013
Pros: working with children and a wonderful team of adult
Cons: long hours
My typical day consist of teaching and mentoring 6th graders to be the best students and children they can be. My goal for the children is to be productive young men and women with the disire for them to make an postive impact in their home, school, and community.
Leader of a congregation of people in a Church.
Commissioned (Current Employee), South Euclid, OHNovember 22, 2013
Pros: teach and instruct many people
Cons: mentoring others and helping others
Teaching others about Christian studies, i have learned how to show compassion on those that are less fortunate and treating all poeple the same with no respect of persons because of who they are what they have done ect. My co-workers are great we must all work as a team in order for the Church to run effectively. The hardest part of the job is making – more... one self available to everyones needs. The most enjoyable part of it all is the feeling that one receives when all things are accomplished and everyone is happy and smiling then i know i have completed my task. – less
Pastorship
Pastor (Current Employee), Cocoa, FLNovember 19, 2013
Pros: determine own schedule.
Cons: being on call at all times.
24 hours a day, on-call work. Emergency management, financial counseling, family intervention, funerals, weddings, child psychologist, role model, etc.

Must be courteous, friendly, always seeking peace between individuals; must have intervention skills and problem solving skills for families, suicidal persons, depression, divorces, death counseling, – more... and most importantly a good listener, not always an advisor.

Must never confuse ministry and advice as the same thing.

Hours are flexible and always at the behest of the requestor, yet can be determined and rigid as according to pastors discretion.

Be apt to teach, study, and know subject and object of Job. Be able to help others understand material and apply to their lives.

Must have good character and standing in community. This job is Character-based. – less
they don't take care of their leaders
Book keeper/Lead Treasurer Volunteer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2013
Pros: got the experience of working with teenagers
Cons: didn't appreciate hard work
I worked as a lead treasurer,youth ministry pastor, and anything that I could help with. I was working many hours in the office & in the church & we were not getting any compensation
Excellent opportunity for helping others and develop leadership skills
Pastor/Preacher/Counselor (Current Employee), PRNovember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible time and get to know wonderful people.
Cons: not a lot of time to study or read as i would like to.
It is a blessing and an honor to be art of a community of faith that cares about other people needs not only in a spiritual way, but in other aspects like marriage counseling, loss of a love one, depression, etc.
Even though is basically a 24-7 responsibility, it brings great personal satisfaction. Because the church does not have a big attendance, – more... they are not able to give me a bigger pay, they are willing to let me find another job to combine so my income is better for my family needs. – less
Provide customer service, financial and accounting services, management of personnel
Teacher (Former Employee), Ramona, CANovember 3, 2013
Provide above summary services to different companies I've worked for.

1 2 3