Patagonia, Inc Employee Reviews

Like every other retail environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 22, 2017
Just a number to be micromanaged. Not experimental and inclusive as it’s made out to be. Huge disconnect between corporate and in-store employees. Can be discriminating. Wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
Supportive Co-workers
Cons
Not adaptive to different people even when sustainability practices align with company values, No advancement, Plays favorited based on looks and first impressions
Great People
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Great environment and people. Employees encouraged to participate in environmental causes, management is flexible and willing to accommodate reasonable requests from employees around hours and availability.
Pros
Great gear
Cons
As a Seasonal Pay and Hours where Limited
productive and laid back enviorment
wharehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 12, 2015
fun while it lasted. big male preference from my experience and definitely get employed by company not a temp agency you get a better salary.
fun and fast paced
Picking/Packing and Returns (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2015
working for Patagonia was awesome. everyone is easy going and friendly people. I would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Fun times at a fantastic company!
Shipping Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 4, 2015
Patagonia is a fantastic place to work. It still has a pretty intimate feel even though it has gotten to be a rather large company. This is due to the fact that it is still privately owned by a family who still really cares about the world environment, as well as for its workers.
Great company
Responsible Supply Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 20, 2012
The day usually started with coffee or a quick breakfast down in the cafe. You would see your other co-workers/friends and chat about the weekend and such. Then up to your desk and get to work. Lunch was anything you wanted it to be. If the surf was good, go surfing. If you felt like going for a run, go running. It kind of seemed like the more active you were, the more respect you got-- that is, if you were able to get all your work done as well! After lunch, you worked until you were at a good stopping point for the rest of the day. Sometimes that meant you had to stay a little later, especially if you took a longer lunch. Patagonia operated a lot on the honors system.

I learned that the best place to seek recognition is from yourself.

Management was not one of Patagonia's strong suits. I was looking forward to having more positive examples of that.

My co-workers were fabulous. It was like having an awesome family. I miss them terribly.

The hardest part of my job was learning how to be micro-managed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was talking with people-- customers, co-workers, owners, anyone.
Pros
great insurance, discounts on just about anything i could think of, yoga at lunch, daycare onsite, cafe, etc
Cons
compensation was low compared to competing companies.