Patch

Patch Employer Reviews

A great opportunity
Reporter (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIJune 17, 2013
As a Journalism major, working with Patch was rewarding. It was my first shot at legitimate reporting. The most enjoyable part of the work I did there was the variety. Every day there was an opportunity to learn and write about something new.
Poor Management
Listing/Editor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioMarch 7, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor management and very unprofessional.
The management was very rude and disrespectful. Did not know the areas well enough to assign work. This is a new company and don't risk it due to lack of communication, stability and knowledge. Those at the top need to take a second look at who they trust to manage their employees. They lost a very hard working and knowledgeable person as a result. – more... High turnover unless you are a close family member or friend. If there was a place to post emails from my ex-manager I would gladly add it to this review just to prove what I am writing. – less
Good for a career starting point
Sports Editor (Former Employee), Easton, MADecember 11, 2012
Pros: flexible working conditions
Cons: lack of supporting writers
While career advancement within the company was not ideal, it was a good starting point for my career. The local editors were always friendly and willing to listen to any advice, and the surrounding volunteers in the community made it a very satisfying experience.
Patch sells the worst marketing product when comes to ROI
Account Manager (Former Employee), TampaAugust 22, 2012
Pros: work from home, salary, expenses, giving all necessary mobile devices
Cons: weak support, weak management, customer cancellations is the biggest problem because of no roi of online display ads sold
phone calls, emails, b2b visits, networking, etc. They expect you to sell, keep relationships with the editors, market, network & more because the lack of awareness of this company to locals & local businesses.
High demand with little concern of how well their company & products work for the local businesses.

March 7, 2013

I agree that this was thrown together and a huge wast of money for AOL. They hired a bunch of people who lack the knowledge of the areas that they were placed in. Also ask for the impossible when no one is really interested in their tactic. BAD MOVE BEWARE and stay away unless you need quick money for a short period of time.

AOL Company
Advertising Manager (Former Employee), New York, New YorkAugust 19, 2012
Virtual work environment
AOL company
Vending machines is local office
free drinks
a step backward
editor (Former Employee), ctJune 21, 2012
patch is nothing like it was when it opened. in this orange-bethwood area no one who matters is reading it anymore.
combining these two areas is a mistake after the readers got used to having their own. covering three towns is very difficult.
if you want to be under someone's thumb then go for it, but you will never get any advancement here.
Can be a wonderful job but you work VERY HARD.
Editor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 9, 2012
If you take pride in your work and love having autonomy this is the place for you. But you should be prepared to work all the time. The more you work, the more you invest in getting to know your community, the more your site will benefit.
Ping Pong Tables
Advertising Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
No chance for advancement. Low job security. Fun atmospere
Fun place to work
Advertising Sales Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 15, 2012
Patch is a fun place to work with too small of a territory to sell too. Inside managers are awesome and a lot of times their hands are tied on any issue with inside and outside sales. I learned a lot about prospecting and B2B sales, as well as, a lot about myself and what I want to do in the long run. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a territory – more... that is only open 4 months out of the year. Everyone I work with is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less

About Patch

What is Patch? Simply put, Patch is an innovative way to find out about, and participate in, what's going on near you. We're – Read more