Pate Dawson Company Employee Reviews in United States

horrible management
Driver (Former Employee) –  statesville atlantaMay 12, 2015
Management continuously runs away good drivers
by cutting pay and promising pay raises that never
happen. I have in past month witnessed 11 drivers quit with no notice due to being fed up w pate dawson
antics.Loads are consistently loaded in warehouse with missing scan stickers
and Pate Dawson fines their drivers for stickers not
scanned.The statesville,nc orientation is where most new drivers decide working here is a bad idea.
Drivers who refer people here never receive referral pay promised by company.
Pros
at least u have a job
Cons
no pay raise, fines, improperly loaded trailers, unsafe trailers
Was Once a Great Place to Work
Driver (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 3, 2013
Sometimes change is not always good. I've never been part of a group of guys who worked as hard as we (drivers, helpers, order selectors, any general laborers) did. At one time I'm sure everyone of us took pride into what are respective roles were. As far as management, the new group whom are currently running the company are not interested retention. These guys have taken away more from the heartbeat of the company and either fired or ran several good employees away. The staff is overworked and underpaid because they will not replace the departed. The benefits went from great to horrible. Instead of holiday pay we are given pto days to use at our discretion. Just went from good to bad very quick. I'm very sad that I was forced to make the decision that I made.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
heartless, insensitive management, no hometime
Its ok
Shipping Supervisor /Loader (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMarch 23, 2015
It is ok to work at Pate Dawson if you don't have a family and want to grow. If you have a family it is long hours and on call 24/7.
Pros
great people and work place
Cons
Plenty to do. Good people to work with
Transportation/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 31, 2014
I was given the opportunity to sharpen my skills with regards to the P&L. PDC promotes supervisors from within and at our DC maintains a fun workplace while dealing with the high pressure and quick response required by a food distribution company. Customer service is always the largest concern and no matter how well you do it, good customer service can never be good enough. PDC is no different in this regard. PDC is always striving to improve its customer service and has a desire to impact peoples lives for good at its core.
Pros
promotes from within
Cons
stressful and demanding
Best truck driving job I ever had!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 12, 2014
Company has a great open door policy. Managment knows drivers need a work life balance. Company pays well and has a family feel to it.
Pros
great pay!
Cons
large delivery area to cover.
delivery
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 3, 2013
I loved the pay and the body demanding labor but I never had any home/family time nor time to sleep and rest
enjoyable
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 11, 2012
learned todrive tractor trailer and enjoyed co workers. Left early got home early but hAD to sleep to go back out
Pros
great money
Cons
no home time