Pate Dawson Company Employee Reviews

Productive, fast paced, fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Time flies by most days. Supervisors are kind and respectful, not overly demanding. Some days are heavier than others, but work usually tapers off towards the end of the week. The crew is ran with a bare minimum of associates, causing us to have to do someone else's usual job if they are out sick or on vacation. In all its a good job.
Pros
Cable TV in the break room. You know what your job is and you have the freedom to do it, and manage your time to get it done.
Cons
Work hours are affected seasonally.
Excellent Company to Work for
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 13, 2016
Great work environment, Excellent company to work for. Operational issues continue, but the company is doing it's best to correct them.
Pros
Small, able to adapt to situations on the fly
Cons
Lower management given too much power
Great Company
Sales route (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 8, 2016
Pate Dawson bent over backwards to make you successful and help in everyway. the management would spend time talking and trying to make problem easy to handle.
Pros
great company
Cons
inventory day
Extremely cold enviorment
Industrial/Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 30, 2016
Completing daily task may require working in sub freezing temperatures. Prepare yourself well before entering the cold environments.
Felt like family
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 31, 2016
Pate Dawson is a family owned business just like any other business they have there flaws. Enjoyed working for the company .
Pros
My hours 5:30am-1:30pm
Cons
No benfits
good job good friends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 1, 2016
job gave me a chance to be able to work with some really great people. Also learned a lot about customer service and how to handle anything that was asked of me. Supervisor put a lot of faith in me and my ability to do anything that was asked.
Pros
good hours benefits
Cons
not recognized and given pay raises anually
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work,keeps you in shape but you have to be in good shape to do the job. Great pay,along with great PTO days.(payed time off.
Long work hours and days
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Enjoyable workplace but it had to much favor towards the Hispanic workers they got away with a lot things. Better chances of them achieving production made it very easy to obtain. Management is very misguided and not fully qualified for management.
Pros
steady pay
Cons
short breaks
poor management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 10, 2016
one or the poorest unprofessional untrained management team I have ever worked for. No organization no respect for hard work.
Good work environment
replenishment buyer (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 9, 2016
A typical work day is busy. The most enjoyable times are what we call Fun Stuff Friday for my department and this happens once a month.
ok place to work
driver class a (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 7, 2016
It was a very good place to work until they lost the contract with bojangles. good driver pay. start at 930 pm. they let you get the job done and wasn't all on your back.
Pros
good driver pay
Cons
night shift schedule
productive with work
driver (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 16, 2015
great attitude when everybody comes to work joking and laughing about there night they had delivering. I would say the hardest part about the job is getting into the store but its worth seeing and meeting new people when walk in.
Pros
free food when deliver
Cons
callbacks
Very fast paced work environment
Selector (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 9, 2015
The work environment was fast and a lot of physical labor was needed to do the job correct and fast. Get to drive stand up forklift and electric pallet jack
Good Job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 9, 2015
It was a good place to work at just too far a way from where I lived. There was always work to do and I found that to be great. If I ever moved back to the area I would try and get my job back.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Too far away
Great atmosphere and work culture
Inventory Control Counter/Driver Check-In Clerk (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 27, 2015
each department has it's own sort of flow, but everyone works great together when they need to. Lot of chances to expand knowledge on how things work in the warehouse. PDC also has a program that encourages its employees to go back to school for a job related field and to make good grades by offering to pay back a percentage of the class/tuition for high marks. Awesome benefits, and open door policy. This is where I have sharpened my inventory and general warehouse skills, and I have learned a lot in the near year I have worked here.
Pros
Great co-workers, nurtures growth within the company through personal growth
Cons
Must be quick, and efficent to succeed; Compnay skrinking, possible lay-offs looming
Very Large Company
Transportation Supervisor- Responsible (Former Employee) –  Transportation SupervisonAugust 16, 2015
Enjoyed this job planned on this being a career. I had planned on retiring from the company. Due to a decision to change all department hours to rotate 7 days 24 hours. I was unable to work these hours
very family oriented
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 15, 2015
very helpful employees. most were willing to help and show new employees the ropes. great leadership. always open for new ideas. offered incentives for any suggestion that would improve production
Pros
great company picnics
Cons
not much room for advancement
horrible management
Driver (Former Employee) –  statesville atlantaMay 12, 2015
Management continuously runs away good drivers
by cutting pay and promising pay raises that never
happen. I have in past month witnessed 11 drivers quit with no notice due to being fed up w pate dawson
antics.Loads are consistently loaded in warehouse with missing scan stickers
and Pate Dawson fines their drivers for stickers not
scanned.The statesville,nc orientation is where most new drivers decide working here is a bad idea.
Drivers who refer people here never receive referral pay promised by company.
Pros
at least u have a job
Cons
no pay raise, fines, improperly loaded trailers, unsafe trailers
productive and easy to work for
selector (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 1, 2015
The job was ok people I worked for was very easy to work for only thing I didn't like was how I didn't get no sundays off! The pay was great and and I thank them for the chance they gave me
Stayed busy
Selector (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 22, 2015
The job started at 11 am and we would be done whenever we're done selecting all the orders. We would always have a meeting before we started working so that we would know the case count, and any questions we need to ask. I learned a lot from Pate Dawson such as, how to use a walkie, reach-lift, using a headset to pick orders, and working hard to earn your bonus. The hardest part of working at Pate Dawson would have to be working in the freezer. It was -20 degrees in the freezer and sometimes colder. It was hard working like that, but they gave you gloves, a mask, a jumpsuit, and a coat that was specialized for the freezer. The best part about working at Pate Dawson was the fact you made 11.50, and you got bonus. In order to get bonus you would have to select orders at 180 per hour each day, and you had to limit the amount of mispicks and shorts.
Pros
Bonus, 401k, Health insursance
Cons
Freezer, short breaks, no tv

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pate Dawson Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8