Pate Dawson Company Employee Reviews

Loader
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 1, 2018
Loaded many trucks for food delivery. We loaded for Bojangles, shoneys, captain d's. Enjoyed it, the only complaint was the freezer was cold. you had to wear so many layers of close to work in the freezer.
nice work place
Selector (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 23, 2017
it was a great place to work at, had the chance to get a lot of hours and a nice size check at the end of the two weeks. learned how to order pull using a head set
Fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 13, 2017
Faced paced company. Long hours and little time off. This is a fairly good place to work. I enjoy serving our customers. The president and Vice President were a pleasure to work for
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Little home life
Called on restaurants to sell food service products and services.
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 21, 2017
This was a fun and very competitive industry. Pate Dawson was a good family based company to work for. I worked from a home based office. Gathered with other sales staff and managers monthly.
productive fun place to work
shipping selector (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 6, 2017
great place to work good crew, fast paced, very educational with distribution and receiving of products. excellent managers and supervisors always willing to help when anyone needs it.
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMay 14, 2017
The management team of Pate Dawson - Southern Foods is excellent. I had a great relationship with them and the always cared about my well being. Unfortunately for me the company was sold to Cheney Brothers Inc. and the financial activities are going to be managed from Florida. As a result, I am looking for a job.
Pros
Management Team
Cons
Lost a contract to Bojangle's and the financial situation deteriorated.
Good company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 4, 2017
Good company with good managers and dispatchers. I was laid off due to loss of Bojangles contract but overall good company in Statesville, NC. This company delivers food.
Great workplace and involvement from upper management
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 26, 2017
Positive christian based environment. Upper management maintained good communication and rewarded workers whenever expectations were met or exceeded. Competitive production and all around cooperative.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
no set time to end work
Productive, fast paced, fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Time flies by most days. Supervisors are kind and respectful, not overly demanding. Some days are heavier than others, but work usually tapers off towards the end of the week. The crew is ran with a bare minimum of associates, causing us to have to do someone else's usual job if they are out sick or on vacation. In all its a good job.
Pros
Cable TV in the break room. You know what your job is and you have the freedom to do it, and manage your time to get it done.
Cons
Work hours are affected seasonally.
Excellent Company to Work for
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 13, 2016
Great work environment, Excellent company to work for. Operational issues continue, but the company is doing it's best to correct them.
Pros
Small, able to adapt to situations on the fly
Cons
Lower management given too much power
Great Company
Sales route (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 8, 2016
Pate Dawson bent over backwards to make you successful and help in everyway. the management would spend time talking and trying to make problem easy to handle.
Pros
great company
Cons
inventory day
Extremely cold enviorment
Industrial/Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 30, 2016
Completing daily task may require working in sub freezing temperatures. Prepare yourself well before entering the cold environments.
Very fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 28, 2016
This job required physical work as well. I learn how to drive better get into small parking lots with large vehicles. Management was on point at this job. I got along with all my co-workers. Hardest part of my job was really nothing. The most enjoyable part of this job was me introducing my self to new people.
Pros
Great home time
Cons
Being tired
Felt like family
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 31, 2016
Pate Dawson is a family owned business just like any other business they have there flaws. Enjoyed working for the company .
Pros
My hours 5:30am-1:30pm
Cons
No benfits
good job good friends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 1, 2016
job gave me a chance to be able to work with some really great people. Also learned a lot about customer service and how to handle anything that was asked of me. Supervisor put a lot of faith in me and my ability to do anything that was asked.
Pros
good hours benefits
Cons
not recognized and given pay raises anually
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work,keeps you in shape but you have to be in good shape to do the job. Great pay,along with great PTO days.(payed time off.
Long work hours and days
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Enjoyable workplace but it had to much favor towards the Hispanic workers they got away with a lot things. Better chances of them achieving production made it very easy to obtain. Management is very misguided and not fully qualified for management.
Pros
steady pay
Cons
short breaks
poor management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 10, 2016
one or the poorest unprofessional untrained management team I have ever worked for. No organization no respect for hard work.
Good work environment
replenishment buyer (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 9, 2016
A typical work day is busy. The most enjoyable times are what we call Fun Stuff Friday for my department and this happens once a month.
ok place to work
driver class a (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 7, 2016
It was a very good place to work until they lost the contract with bojangles. good driver pay. start at 930 pm. they let you get the job done and wasn't all on your back.
Pros
good driver pay
Cons
night shift schedule