Pate Dawson Company

Pate Dawson Company United States Employee Reviews

Plenty to do. Good people to work with
Transportation/Operations Manager (Current Employee), Statesville, NCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: promotes from within
Cons: stressful and demanding
I was given the opportunity to sharpen my skills with regards to the P&L. PDC promotes supervisors from within and at our DC maintains a fun workplace while dealing with the high pressure and quick response required by a food distribution company. Customer service is always the largest concern and no matter how well you do it, good customer service can never be good enough. PDC is no different in this regard. PDC is always striving to improve its customer service and has a desire to impact peoples lives for good at its core.
Best truck driving job I ever had!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJune 12, 2014
Pros: great pay!
Cons: large delivery area to cover.
Company has a great open door policy. Managment knows drivers need a work life balance. Company pays well and has a family feel to it.
Was Once a Great Place to Work
Driver (Former Employee), NCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: heartless, insensitive management, no hometime
Sometimes change is not always good. I've never been part of a group of guys who worked as hard as we (drivers, helpers, order selectors, any general laborers) did. At one time I'm sure everyone of us took pride into what are respective roles were. As far as management, the new group whom are currently running the company are not interested retention. These guys have taken away more from the heartbeat of the company and either fired or ran several good employees away. The staff is overworked and underpaid because they will not replace the departed. The benefits went from great to horrible. Instead of holiday pay we are given pto days to use at our discretion. Just went from good to bad very quick. I'm very sad that I was forced to make the decision that I made.
delivery
Driver helper (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 3, 2013
I loved the pay and the body demanding labor but I never had any home/family time nor time to sleep and rest
enjoyable
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: great money
Cons: no home time
learned todrive tractor trailer and enjoyed co workers. Left early got home early but hAD to sleep to go back out

Pate Dawson Company Photos