Patelco Credit Union

Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Don't trust managment
Senior Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CANovember 1, 2015
Don't waist your time! After 2.5 years and commitment to excellent member service. I was lied to and so under valued I simply had to leave. I chose this position over another company 2.5 years ago. I am so full of regret. I hope this helps others while choosing a company to work for. If you just need a "job" and don't care about where, then maybe this can work for you. If your looking for a career or even a company that might value your commitment. Keep looking this is not the place for that. I have never reviewed a company and it pains me to do so. I feel sorry for my ex coworkers as they all felt as strong as I did about the environment they work at.

As the DM said to me after I gave my 2 weeks notice. " Good luck with your endeavors."
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Poor managment and district leads
Great Team Environment and Member Centric
IRA/HSA Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 30, 2015
Overall endorse Patelco Credit Union for great member centricity. I absolutely love the CEO, she is a great leader! I enjoy working with my team. Company needs to continue to build consistency amongst organization.
No support from Management
Assistant Manager/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 12, 2015
No support from Management whatsoever
They only talk to you if something is wrong.
No room for Creativity
And you will be Micromanaged beyond Belief
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Management only addresses you when there is something terrible happening
great staff who becomes family
Regional Team Lead (Current Employee) –  bay area, caJuly 23, 2015
patelco is a great place to work if you'd like that financial experience and growth. it has been going through changes where as members come first but employees feel neglected
Good experience
Lead Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 7, 2015
I love how they have huge company events and incentives. They have always been flexible with everyone's life. Some management tries to do too much but I've seen that everywhere, Still one of the best employers I have worked for.
Pros
Lots of incentives
Cons
The usual management annoyance
n/a
Member service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 17, 2015
Helping member with dep. w/d and payment .Learning how to open new acct. and loans at the moment by my manager .I work with some wonderful people great teamwork.The most enjoyable part about my job is helping member .
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Vacation hrs
Regional Team Lead (Current Employee) –  CAJune 15, 2015
Patelco is a great company to work for. Patelco is extremely member and employee oriented. They also have very good health benefits.
nice and friendly
Data Cleaner (Former Employee) –  PleasantonJune 5, 2015
Work area was quiet with no distractions, co workers were friendly and there were never any complaints. There were no difficulties in the wok area.
Pros
Lunch hour gave plenty of time to eat and use bathroom facilities
Very professional place to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 30, 2015
I learned how to be a team player and about the banking industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to use my problem solving skills.
Pros
Schedual
Cons
Advancment
Loan Closer in a Credit Union
Closer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 14, 2015
Mortgage servicing to pay taxes, ins, PMI, service mortgage loan accounts with accuracy. Advanced into Closing to fund residential Conventional loan products quickly and accurately. Fedline responsibilities to wire funds to title companies. enjoy working as a team in the same location. The hardest part of the duties is manipulating the system to make something work when the system is not capable of performing to certain product offers.
Pros
great benefits, vacation time
Never felt so undervalued in my life!!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 9, 2015
What can I say, I worked for this company for almost 2 1/2 years and assumed tons of responsibility happily I might add. There was so much turnover there wasn't any chance to get any formal training. At the end I did operational duties, was a teller, opened new accounts, and did loans and IRAs not to mention I also helped out at multiple branches in the South Bay Region (yes I'm calling you out). We received a raise once a year around April (based on the prior years performance), needless to say I was so incredibly offended at the 1% yes 1% raise (received April 2014) that I received after doing what I felt like was a good job, going above and beyond what was asked of me.

This company will waste your time, the South Bay Region will waste your time, and the specific people within that region will waste your time.

I usually don't write reviews for places but after learning about the raises for this year (based on 2014 performance) I am happy that they are changing their attitude. It is still a popularity contest among the higher ups (regional managers) so don't speak out.
Pros
Benefits and members
Cons
Everything else
Member Service Driven
Lead Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is: Meeting the needs of all members, giving 100%

What have I learned? : I learned how to listen to peoples needs

The hardest part of the job: Having more time to spend with our members in a given day. The other thing I hear quite frequently is why there is such a high rate of employee turn over at Patelco Credit Union? I simply let them know, employees get promoted, want to further their education, start a family and stay home, retire or simply decide they want to pursue other job opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job is: The most enjoyable part of the job is our membership!
Pros
bonuses given in the first quarter of the year based on the previous years growth
Knowledgable company with little to no room for growth
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Novato, CADecember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for Patelco Credit Union and learned lots of new and useful things during my employment. I was a teller who did basic transactions such as deposits and withdraws. However I took it upon myself to learn the process and procedures and execute; opening new accounts, inputing and funding loan and credit card applications, service IRAs and health savings accounts. I also helped my branch manager with operations and auditing.
The management at Patelco Credit Union was very iffy as we never had a manager that stayed more then a year so it was constantly a new person which I felt was very unstable. Be that as is may, my co-workers were outstanding individuals who were always willing to help one another and work as a team which I enjoyed very much.
The hardest part of my job was not having a stable management figure. If we ever needed to reach out for help or if members would like to speak with someone of a higher position we would have to get a manager from another branch on the phone. There were enjoyable aspects of my job as well. What I enjoyed most was the customer service portion and being able to help members with there needs to financially better themselves with products that would benefit them. I felt it to be very rewarding.
Pros
healthcare, and the people i worked with
Cons
no room for growth, unstable management
Great People to work with, Stressful company to work for
Doer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 9, 2014
A typical day is nothing less than uncertain. Things change every day and you must be willing to follow a vision with an uncertain plan.

If you're looking for a place that preaches development but ok with complacency, then this is the place to work. Do not expect multiple opportunities for growth and development.

This will just be a JOB, not a career.
Pros
benefits, team members
Cons
lack of leadership, poor planning, stifling management team
Terrible place to work. Lack of opportunity. Poor pay. If older worker, Stay away!
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento Region.August 5, 2014
Terrible management. Branches are a mess. Lack of staffing. Older workers, beware! Poor training and lack of Opportunity. Would not recommend.
Pros
a job.
Cons
everything.
Patelco
Loan Processor / Jr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  5050 Hopyard Road PleasantonJuly 27, 2014
review loans for submission to underwriting. email condition loan approval letter collected conditions and review them for submission, calculated income , asset, review the appraisal and title report , manager was not experienced, all my co worker were wonderful , hardest part of my job dealing with upset members. most enjoyable was funding loans.
Pros
401k and benfits
Cons
no support from my manager
Up and Coming
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 19, 2014
A typical day at Patelco would be helping out with the basic transactions on the teller line, working on audit compliance or other back office jobs in between helping members and sometimes (for me) processing new accounts and loans.

The people of Patelco are great. I have met some life long friends in my time working there. As far as management goes.....it all depends on where you are located, I've worked at a couple locations and have gotten mixed reviews from my own experiences and from the experiences of others. You have some managers that are hard workers, they see their employees struggling with transactions they come help or they see the lines are getting a bit too long and they come out and help. But then you have other managers who delegate all their work to their employees and take all the credit for it.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people and the benefits. Most companies dont offer a 3% additional match to the max of 5% that they already give. Dental is free for some as well as low premiums on medical.

The hardest part of the job would be the fact that they have not modernized their systems. Everything is very slow and out dated but they are working on that.
Pros
good benefits, great hours, and good people
Cons
little to no room for growth, out dated
Institution that doesn't appreciate employees
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAMay 13, 2014
Starting to become like bigger banking institutions that are globally known. Seems like customer service is coming in second to customer satisfaction.
A Poor, Demeaning Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 8, 2014
The overall work environment here is poor both at the branches and at the headquarters location. The executives are famous for saying one thing and doing another.
Cons
poor pay, inferior it systems, no promotional opportunities
Busy Place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2014
Work 8hr days assisting members with transactions
Manager was helpful with difficult questions that would come up