Patelco Credit Union

Patelco Credit Union Employer Reviews

Great People to work with, Stressful company to work for
Doer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, team members
Cons: lack of leadership, poor planning, stifling management team
A typical day is nothing less than uncertain. Things change every day and you must be willing to follow a vision with an uncertain plan.

If you're looking for a place that preaches development but ok with complacency, then this is the place to work. Do not expect multiple opportunities for growth and development.

This will just be a JOB, not a career.
Terrible place to work. Lack of opportunity. Poor pay. If older worker, Stay away!
TELLER (Former Employee), Sacramento Region.August 5, 2014
Pros: a job.
Cons: everything.
Terrible management. Branches are a mess. Lack of staffing. Older workers, beware! Poor training and lack of Opportunity. Would not recommend.
Patelco
Loan Processor / Jr. Underwriter (Former Employee), 5050 Hopyard Road PleasantonJuly 27, 2014
Pros: 401k and benfits
Cons: no support from my manager
review loans for submission to underwriting. email condition loan approval letter collected conditions and review them for submission, calculated income , asset, review the appraisal and title report , manager was not experienced, all my co worker were wonderful , hardest part of my job dealing with upset members. most enjoyable was funding loans.
Up and Coming
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great hours, and good people
Cons: little to no room for growth, out dated
A typical day at Patelco would be helping out with the basic transactions on the teller line, working on audit compliance or other back office jobs in between helping members and sometimes (for me) processing new accounts and loans.

The people of Patelco are great. I have met some life long friends in my time working there. As far as management goes.....it – more... all depends on where you are located, I've worked at a couple locations and have gotten mixed reviews from my own experiences and from the experiences of others. You have some managers that are hard workers, they see their employees struggling with transactions they come help or they see the lines are getting a bit too long and they come out and help. But then you have other managers who delegate all their work to their employees and take all the credit for it.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people and the benefits. Most companies dont offer a 3% additional match to the max of 5% that they already give. Dental is free for some as well as low premiums on medical.

The hardest part of the job would be the fact that they have not modernized their systems. Everything is very slow and out dated but they are working on that. – less
Institution that doesn't appreciate employees
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Campbell, CAMay 13, 2014
Starting to become like bigger banking institutions that are globally known. Seems like customer service is coming in second to customer satisfaction.
A Poor, Demeaning Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 8, 2014
Cons: poor pay, inferior it systems, no promotional opportunities
The overall work environment here is poor both at the branches and at the headquarters location. The executives are famous for saying one thing and doing another.
Busy Place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2014
Work 8hr days assisting members with transactions
Manager was helpful with difficult questions that would come up
A diverse credit union
Collections/Loan Officer/Sales (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2014
I enjoy working for a diverse company that offers on the job training in all of my positions to excel in finance.
Fast Pace and Prodoctive
Funding /Loan Closing Specialist (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: flexable start times
Cons: health benifits
Patelco is a good place to work, fast paced, team working setting. I enjoyed going to work every day to help the clients
No advancement and Sales
Member Service (Former Employee), Santa ClaraDecember 28, 2013
Pros: helping members
Cons: low wages, no advancement
A typical day as a MSR will start with your pending, outbound email and phone calls. During the day you be required to cross-sell every product to every member that you help. If a member comes in to open a checking we have to offer credit card, auto loan, investment, and mortgage products. The reason we have to do this because it is part of our mystery – more... shops. There will be days after work that you will have to do blind phone calling to members to cross-sell them credit union products. If you don't meet your goals you will receive a write-up.

There really is no formal training you just learn as go. Most departments in the back office do not like for you to call them unless you have a manager title. You are expected to know how to do everything even without any training.

The hardest part of the job is the stress you will be under from trying to meet your goals, and if you are able to meet your goals you will not be recognized for advancement instead they will just increase your goals. Patelco continually will look outside to hire employees than internally. Wages are low(for a credit union), no incentives for the sales, and benefits have gotten worse.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a member who is struggling with their finances or assisting a member with their first car purchase. – less
Great Learning Experience
Loan Processor/MSR (Former Employee), Atwater, CASeptember 18, 2013
Patelco Credit Union introduced me to my love for member/customer service regarding consumer lending. Although I did not advance within this company, they paved the way for employment elsewhere.
Patelco is a great company to work for.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Daly City, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: amazing company
Cons: computer systems were out dated.
Patelco is a great company with amazing structure and management. I learned so much through the 6 months I was employed there; from opening accounts to approving loans. The most difficult part of my job was informing people that they had been denied for some products but Patelco gave me the training needed to tell them in a way that was not demeaning – more... but rather sincere and apologetic. The camaraderie within patelco is something I have grown to miss, all the coworkers working together to help each other out. Although there are tose instances where employees from other departments aren't quite as helpful as you'd hope, but we did the best we could to keep our cool. – less
Hectic but interesting
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: interesting teaching modules, supportive co-workers
Cons: weak management, not enough time to train, hectic work environment
I enjoyed learning about the various products that banks/credit unions offer. I enjoyed doing the modules online to learn how to properly cross-sell and introduce products to customers. It was difficult; however, to train and be thrown into the call center immediately.
Will give you skills to use outside of just Patelco
Member Service Rep (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: bonus, benefits
Cons: no advancement
Patelco is a great place to work to for. The company makes sure that you will have enough resources to assit your members, from loans, paper work to training in sales. Patelco offers a great 401k and health benefits.
Young in branch staff, always changing.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: great healthcare, 401k
Cons: lacks consistent
I have been with Patelco Credit Union for the past 5 years with great ambition to learn with every challenge that has come with working in a financial institution. I have worked at several locations within the company; San Francisco, Fremont , Santa Clara, Milpitas and Campbell.
Prior to Patelco I worked for CineLux theaters for 5 years in the Management – more... department.
I am always looking to improved my career and goals to become the best I can be. – less
easy flow
Share draft lead coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2012
Pros: location, good people
Cons: low salary, hard to get promoted.
high on meeting daily date line
to become more commited to my job
managment is ok
co workers had a good flow
the hardest part was to be crossed tranined.
having to help customers
Assistant
Bus. Development Support Spec (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2012
Pros: get pay and company
Cons: temp position
It was a wonderful company to work for and the pay was very good. Unfortunately is was only a temporary assignment.
Productive place not very much fun.
Member Service Representative, Teller Trainer (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: job events.
Cons: coaching sessions
Working there a normal day is going in at 9:45 have a meeting about our loans answer the questions for the day then open the doors at 10:00am. I learned about the whole banking world I had no idea about anything when I started so I learned a lot there. Co-workers were the greatest I've ever had they were always there willing to help and teach I'm still – more... in contact with all of my co-workers. Management wasn't good pretty much a by the book kind of manager my branch manager would need help with way too many things he should already know even with little stuff like putting a hold on a check he wouldn't be able to think of a reason. Hardest thing about my job would have to be pushing loans down someone's throat that didn't need any. The most enjoyable would have to be talking to the members. – less
Enjoyed my work and learned about many areas of the credit union
Senior Member Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2012
Pros: working environment was fun and positive and respectful staff
Cons: no room for growth
Protected our cardholder rights through Visa and Mastercard regulations including compliance and arbitration procedures.
Not the best
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMarch 16, 2012
Pros: working face to face with people
Cons: not being trained properly
I was never properly trained & management was the worst i had expiereinced

About Patelco Credit Union

Patelco has been in business for 78 years, and with more than $4 billion in assets and 280,000 members nationwide, today we are – Read more