Patelco Credit Union

Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Regional Team Lead (Current Employee), CAJune 15, 2015
Patelco is a great company to work for. Patelco is extremely member and employee oriented. They also have very good health benefits.
nice and friendly
Data Cleaner (Former Employee), PleasantonJune 5, 2015
Pros: Lunch hour gave plenty of time to eat and use bathroom facilities
Work area was quiet with no distractions, co workers were friendly and there were never any complaints. There were no difficulties in the wok area.
Very professional place to work.
Employee (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Schedual
Cons: Advancment
I learned how to be a team player and about the banking industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to use my problem solving skills.
Loan Closer in a Credit Union
Closer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits, vacation time
Mortgage servicing to pay taxes, ins, PMI, service mortgage loan accounts with accuracy. Advanced into Closing to fund residential Conventional loan products quickly and accurately. Fedline responsibilities – more... to wire funds to title companies. enjoy working as a team in the same location. The hardest part of the duties is manipulating the system to make something work when the system is not capable of performing to certain product offers. – less
Never felt so undervalued in my life!!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits and members
Cons: Everything else
What can I say, I worked for this company for almost 2 1/2 years and assumed tons of responsibility happily I might add. There was so much turnover there wasn't any chance to get any formal training. At – more... the end I did operational duties, was a teller, opened new accounts, and did loans and IRAs not to mention I also helped out at multiple branches in the South Bay Region (yes I'm calling you out). We received a raise once a year around April (based on the prior years performance), needless to say I was so incredibly offended at the 1% yes 1% raise (received April 2014) that I received after doing what I felt like was a good job, going above and beyond what was asked of me.

This company will waste your time, the South Bay Region will waste your time, and the specific people within that region will waste your time.

I usually don't write reviews for places but after learning about the raises for this year (based on 2014 performance) I am happy that they are changing their attitude. It is still a popularity contest among the higher ups (regional managers) so don't speak out. – less
Member Service Driven
Lead Member Service Representative (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: bonuses given in the first quarter of the year based on the previous years growth
A typical day at work is: Meeting the needs of all members, giving 100%

What have I learned? : I learned how to listen to peoples needs

The hardest part of the job: Having more time to spend with our – more... members in a given day. The other thing I hear quite frequently is why there is such a high rate of employee turn over at Patelco Credit Union? I simply let them know, employees get promoted, want to further their education, start a family and stay home, retire or simply decide they want to pursue other job opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job is: The most enjoyable part of the job is our membership! – less
Knowledgable company with little to no room for growth
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Novato, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare, and the people i worked with
Cons: no room for growth, unstable management
I enjoyed working for Patelco Credit Union and learned lots of new and useful things during my employment. I was a teller who did basic transactions such as deposits and withdraws. However I took it upon – more... myself to learn the process and procedures and execute; opening new accounts, inputing and funding loan and credit card applications, service IRAs and health savings accounts. I also helped my branch manager with operations and auditing.
The management at Patelco Credit Union was very iffy as we never had a manager that stayed more then a year so it was constantly a new person which I felt was very unstable. Be that as is may, my co-workers were outstanding individuals who were always willing to help one another and work as a team which I enjoyed very much.
The hardest part of my job was not having a stable management figure. If we ever needed to reach out for help or if members would like to speak with someone of a higher position we would have to get a manager from another branch on the phone. There were enjoyable aspects of my job as well. What I enjoyed most was the customer service portion and being able to help members with there needs to financially better themselves with products that would benefit them. I felt it to be very rewarding. – less
Great People to work with, Stressful company to work for
Doer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, team members
Cons: lack of leadership, poor planning, stifling management team
A typical day is nothing less than uncertain. Things change every day and you must be willing to follow a vision with an uncertain plan.

If you're looking for a place that preaches development but ok with complacency, then this is the place to work. Do not expect multiple opportunities for growth and development.

This will just be a JOB, not a career.
Terrible place to work. Lack of opportunity. Poor pay. If older worker, Stay away!
TELLER (Former Employee), Sacramento Region.August 5, 2014
Pros: a job.
Cons: everything.
Terrible management. Branches are a mess. Lack of staffing. Older workers, beware! Poor training and lack of Opportunity. Would not recommend.
Patelco
Loan Processor / Jr. Underwriter (Former Employee), 5050 Hopyard Road PleasantonJuly 27, 2014
Pros: 401k and benfits
Cons: no support from my manager
review loans for submission to underwriting. email condition loan approval letter collected conditions and review them for submission, calculated income , asset, review the appraisal and title report , manager was not experienced, all my co worker were wonderful , hardest part of my job dealing with upset members. most enjoyable was funding loans.
Up and Coming
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great hours, and good people
Cons: little to no room for growth, out dated
A typical day at Patelco would be helping out with the basic transactions on the teller line, working on audit compliance or other back office jobs in between helping members and sometimes (for me) processing – more... new accounts and loans.

The people of Patelco are great. I have met some life long friends in my time working there. As far as management goes.....it all depends on where you are located, I've worked at a couple locations and have gotten mixed reviews from my own experiences and from the experiences of others. You have some managers that are hard workers, they see their employees struggling with transactions they come help or they see the lines are getting a bit too long and they come out and help. But then you have other managers who delegate all their work to their employees and take all the credit for it.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people and the benefits. Most companies dont offer a 3% additional match to the max of 5% that they already give. Dental is free for some as well as low premiums on medical.

The hardest part of the job would be the fact that they have not modernized their systems. Everything is very slow and out dated but they are working on that. – less
Institution that doesn't appreciate employees
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Campbell, CAMay 13, 2014
Starting to become like bigger banking institutions that are globally known. Seems like customer service is coming in second to customer satisfaction.
A Poor, Demeaning Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 8, 2014
Cons: poor pay, inferior it systems, no promotional opportunities
The overall work environment here is poor both at the branches and at the headquarters location. The executives are famous for saying one thing and doing another.
Busy Place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2014
Work 8hr days assisting members with transactions
Manager was helpful with difficult questions that would come up
A diverse credit union
Collections/Loan Officer/Sales (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2014
I enjoy working for a diverse company that offers on the job training in all of my positions to excel in finance.
Fast Pace and Prodoctive
Funding /Loan Closing Specialist (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: flexable start times
Cons: health benifits
Patelco is a good place to work, fast paced, team working setting. I enjoyed going to work every day to help the clients
No advancement and Sales
Member Service (Former Employee), Santa ClaraDecember 28, 2013
Pros: helping members
Cons: low wages, no advancement
A typical day as a MSR will start with your pending, outbound email and phone calls. During the day you be required to cross-sell every product to every member that you help. If a member comes in to open – more... a checking we have to offer credit card, auto loan, investment, and mortgage products. The reason we have to do this because it is part of our mystery shops. There will be days after work that you will have to do blind phone calling to members to cross-sell them credit union products. If you don't meet your goals you will receive a write-up.

There really is no formal training you just learn as go. Most departments in the back office do not like for you to call them unless you have a manager title. You are expected to know how to do everything even without any training.

The hardest part of the job is the stress you will be under from trying to meet your goals, and if you are able to meet your goals you will not be recognized for advancement instead they will just increase your goals. Patelco continually will look outside to hire employees than internally. Wages are low(for a credit union), no incentives for the sales, and benefits have gotten worse.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a member who is struggling with their finances or assisting a member with their first car purchase. – less
Great Learning Experience
Loan Processor/MSR (Former Employee), Atwater, CASeptember 18, 2013
Patelco Credit Union introduced me to my love for member/customer service regarding consumer lending. Although I did not advance within this company, they paved the way for employment elsewhere.
Patelco is a great company to work for.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Daly City, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: amazing company
Cons: computer systems were out dated.
Patelco is a great company with amazing structure and management. I learned so much through the 6 months I was employed there; from opening accounts to approving loans. The most difficult part of my job – more... was informing people that they had been denied for some products but Patelco gave me the training needed to tell them in a way that was not demeaning but rather sincere and apologetic. The camaraderie within patelco is something I have grown to miss, all the coworkers working together to help each other out. Although there are tose instances where employees from other departments aren't quite as helpful as you'd hope, but we did the best we could to keep our cool. – less
Hectic but interesting
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: interesting teaching modules, supportive co-workers
Cons: weak management, not enough time to train, hectic work environment
I enjoyed learning about the various products that banks/credit unions offer. I enjoyed doing the modules online to learn how to properly cross-sell and introduce products to customers. It was difficult; however, to train and be thrown into the call center immediately.

About Patelco Credit Union

Patelco has been in business for 78 years, and with more than $4 billion in assets and 280,000 members nationwide, today we are – Read more

Patelco Credit Union Salaries