Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Strong Community Oriented Credit Union
DOCUMENT IMAGING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 18, 2017
The workplace environment is much like those of a normal corporate home office. We go to work in our low walled cubicles, which is nice because we can maintain a friendly work environment with our co-workers. In my department we keep constantly busy scanning, indexing, and archiving documents. We also are responsible for maintaining our ATM network. Taking both service calls and scheduling duties for our ATMs.
Career Starter
DMV/Title-Specialist III & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 2, 2017
If you are new to the industry and want to get experience this is a great place to start. The benefits are great but the pay could be better. Not very many management positions available in the head quarters but tons of openings in the branches.
Dream job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2017
Excellent management, very good workplace culture, the typical day at work involves enjoying a collaborative work environment with excellent teammates. The excellence starts at the top!
over worked and under staffed
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 2, 2017
Patelco has some great health benefits and 401K. We're always understaffed. They want us to learn everything and were under paid for all the work we do.
Benefits
Cons
over worked and understaffed
Phone Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAJuly 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this job working on the phone with customers. I also really enjoyed the environment. I worked for the same manager I had at Merco Credit Union. I loved her she was a really great manager.
It has its ups and downs
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 21, 2017
The main reason I am not giving this a great review is because call center work is very bland. Other than that this job is great. It pays well for an entry level position and has great feedback to improve, awesome incentives and employee appreciation. Does not seem to have very quick advancement options though.
Financial workplace, at times strenuous.
Card Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Call Center and Corporate HeadquartersJuly 17, 2017
Financial workplace, at times very strenuous. The workplace culture is member centric. Always being an advocate for a positive member experience with a good turn around to resolution.
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 26, 2017
Patelco treats it's employees really well. The CEO host monthly meetings at the corporate office open to everyone. Patelco is transparent about everything.
Pros
Happy employees, open door policy, great benefits.
Cons
Technology out of date
Mellow work environment
Senior Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 6, 2017
It is a great financial institution if you are looking to start a career in finance. Some branches are a little slower than others and can get a little boring. Work is a little repetitive but that comes with the job of a teller. Hardest part of the job would be the downtime, not a lot of stuff to do in between helping clients. Best part is getting to know the people and helping them with their financial lives.
Regional Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 1, 2017
CEO is amazing, the work is fun and challenging. Benefits are outstanding, Lot of room for advancement. Long hours, low pay. Great staff, amazing members.
Pros
members
Cons
district managers
Good Job to Start Out in Banking
Level 5 Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 19, 2017
Job was great to start out in the Banking industry. Advancement was easy and quick. Management was hit or miss, it really depended on what branch you were at.
Overall good company to work for and get started in the banking industry. I left the company with a lot of good skills I could use going forward.
Place
Member Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAApril 14, 2017
Patelco is about helping members and improving their financial lives. Management is very caring and professional. They help employees grow and move up. Work place is safe and respectful and ethics are followed by employees. The most enjoyable of part of the job is having a supportive and respectful team who cares about each other. The hardest part of the job is not having enough employees as needed. So, the rest of the crew have to work harder to fill that gap. Also, when it comes to promotion and raise, the company doesn't pay much., Employees dont get paid enough compare to the hard work they do every day. In general, a great company but not a good place if you want a descent income.
Well-paying parttime job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Pros: Gives great money saving/investment experience. Even if you just work as a teller. Great leadership in the corporate office. Very customer friendly. Great job for students.

Cons: Machines often break down. Middle management could
Use some improvement when it comes to keeping employee morale up.
Satisfied
MEMBER BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Patelco provide a very fast pace environment for the employees. The only issue with Patelco is they work their employees so hard and and for so many hours yet pay so low.
Cons
Not a high enough pay
Unstable
MSS (Former Employee) –  Danville, CANovember 10, 2016
Everyday employee is not sure what they will be facing even daily routine work.
Management is disrespectful and loud. Very unstable organization at this point people are leaving.
Pros
Good account
Cons
No breaks
Member Services
Member Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 8, 2016
Always feels good to help members with their financial decisions, banking, IRA and making them feel safe with their money. Great co-workers and management makes you believe in yourself.
great place to work, but not much room for advancement
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at Patelco being a teller/MSR entails the usual deposits/withdrawals that go along with banking as well as loans. There usually isn't a day without at least one member needing assistance on some sort of issue they are having with their account that are usually easy to solve.

The great thing about Patelco is the company genuinely cares about it's members and NEVER try to push products on them they do not need. It is a not-for-profit organization which adds to the integrity they believe in.

My managers and co-workers are all great and very easy to get along with. They create a fun yet professional work environment.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with member's financial woes as it can be very disheartening. California is an expensive place to live and being in the financial field reveals just how hard it can be for some people.

My favorite part of the job is tied to the hardest part of it because there are so any opportunities to help members ease their woes and see light at the end of the tunnel. With a multitude of products, loan options ans financial analysts to assist our members, we almost always have some form of releif for our members, and this typically ends well for the members as well as the company. It's a win/win.
Pros
great benefits and 401(k)
Cons
not much room or advancement
Busy work environment
Consumer Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 28, 2016
Poor Management, good benefits, friendly hard working employees. There is always a lot to learn, changes are frequently.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Stressful environment, poor management
no respect for emplyees
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAMay 16, 2016
was told there were many opportunities for advancement and full time work, it was a lie, worked everyone 30-35 hours a week to avoid paying any benefits, no full-time opportunities ever posted, workied weekends and holidays,
Official response from Patelco Credit Union
March 16, 2017

We truly believe that success starts with our team members, we are committed to helping them get the most out of work and life. All team members are eligible for our benefits, regardless of part-time or full-time, including:

- Generous 401K program
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans
- Mortgage and car loan discounts
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Community outreach opportunities

great company
TSC Member/Loan Department/Card Services/INet (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAMay 8, 2016
this company has great core values, always member orientated, advancement opportunities, work load is extensive and unrealistic
Pros
vacation and benefits
Cons
advancement oppurtunities, work load is extensive and unrealistic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patelco Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.