PATERSON PUBLIC SCHOOLS

PATERSON PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employer Reviews

Stressful and Awarding Profession
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Paterson, NJJuly 16, 2014
Working with students is the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is not being valued for your hard work
and dedication.
student teacher
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Paterson, NJMarch 25, 2014
I loved doing my student teaching in this district. I completed student teaching at school #29 and although not a paid employee, I was treated just the same and felt welcomed.
Substitute teacher at various schools within Paterson Public Schools
Permanent Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 21, 2014
A substitute typical day consisted of maintaining classroom management and following the teacher's lesson plans. I enjoyed a long-termed assignment in which I recorded grades, attended parents' night and maintained the class for a period of 3 months.
I've learned how to be prepared at all times with lessons, word searches, and questions pertaining to – more... the study.
The co-workers, which were teachers were always willing to instruct me in areas that I wasn't sure about. – less
Child Study Team rocks
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 18, 2014
Cons: unorganized
The Board of Ed was a great place to meet new ppl. Speech therapists, Psychologists, Case Workers. You learned what a normal day for them was.
Other teachers were great to work with, however district directives and expectations were contradictory and rigid.
Business Education Teacher (Former Employee), BTMF- Paterson, NJJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: elevator worked more times than not
Cons: deplorable bathroom conditions
Work climate very tense and threatening during my last two years there; a dynamic time of significant change, confusion, contradiction, and upheaval.
Fast pace, team emvironment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 5, 2014
Every was a challenge. As a team we had to comply with our customer satisfaction and need. Every customer was precious and we love to serve them making them satisfied.
THINGS GET DONE
Sub Secretary for Business Services (Current Employee), Paterson, NJDecember 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no benefits for myself because i work per diem
MY DAY AT WORK IS PRODUCTIVE,BUSY WHICH I LIKE. I WORKED WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT DEPTS AND I'VE LEARNED ALOT FROM WORKING WITH HUMAN RESOURCES,
PAYROLL, TRANSPORTATION, ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & PURCHASING. SOME KNOW HOW TO MANAGE IN A PROFESSIONAL WAY & SOME DO NOT. MY CO-WORKERS HAVE BEEN VERY NICE & EASY TO WORK WITH SOME ARE TEAM-PLAYERS AND SOME NOT. I – more... FEEL THAT WHEN YOU WORK AS A TEAM THINGS GET DONE RIGHT AWAY AND EVERYTHING RUNS SMOOTHLY AND I FIND THAT YOU GET ALONG MORE BETTER WITH YOUR CO-WORKERS AND THEIRS PEACE AS WELL IN THE WORK PLACE. – less
excellent
Teacher (Former Employee), Paterson, NJDecember 21, 2012
Pros: very respected
Cons: distance/traveling
Woring in the paterson public schools, have experienced many deversified teaching experiences. have taught from Preschool handicapped to the 8th grade. have taught children with various special needs as well as in the regular classroom. am very capable of designing a program to meet the needs of each individual student.
A wonderful work experience. I myself gained much professional growth as an educator at this school.
Teacher (Former Employee), Paterson, NJOctober 26, 2012
This was a great school. It had a tight administration which fostered structure and guidance for the students. The hardest part of the job is having your students gain the self esteem they need to succeed.
The most enjoyable part is knowing you helped make it happen for them. There are always students and situations that stay with you forever.
Never again and wouldn't recommend working there!
Teacher (Former Employee), PatersonOctober 5, 2012
Pros: the students are incredible!!!!
Cons: just about everything else
Administration uncaring with a "CYA" attitude, not a supportive environment, not everyone is there for the right reasons, the children, and too much political involvement as district is run by the state.

No contract for years, no recognition of what employees are accomplishing with students, very frustrating and stressful work environment.
Teacher of Music and K-5 students
Teacher (Former Employee), Paterson, NJSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: interaction with children.
Cons: the governor cut the education budget and i was let go.
In addition to teaching, I gave extra help to students who needed it and was a test administrator.
Good supportive principal for two years!
Science Teacher (Former Employee), MPACT AcademySeptember 20, 2012
Pros: good calm students.
They had financial difficulty. Removed the Principal and asked the new to fire me. The 1st Principal, Superintendent and myself lost jobs and they closed the school.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Paterson, NJAugust 29, 2012
Day was filled with activity, definitely on your toes. I was not a full time employee so I don't know about the benefits the district can offer.
helping students learn
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Paterson, NJJuly 19, 2012
Pros: excited children learn something from you and you come out feeling great
Cons: not full time want to be a teacher i have my ceas now
go into school and look at lesson plan take attendance go over lesson with children ask if any questions what are their interest in the subject and just go on from there.
amazing to work with people that love kids
Parent Liasion (Advocate) (Former Employee), Paterson. NJApril 18, 2012
A typical day at work consist of working with the staff at the elementary school and there parents as well as there kids. I can't say that my job was hard because I loved what I did and though at times situations got rough I did the best I could to make it work.