PATH Employee Reviews

Great co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2016
Wonderful benefits pay no so great, wonderful 403b match as well, enjoyed working with fellow employees great holiday parties.
Very talented supervisors, fun environment
Corporate Engagement Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 1, 2016
- Everyone was very talented and passionate in what they do!
- Directors are willing to show you step by step and clear expectation
- Coworkers are super fun!
- Also, BEAUTIFUL OFFICE
voluteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2016
assisted the homeless and others in need of useful resources. I was capable of providing them with food, clothing, and other miscellaneous items so that can have and live a more productive lifestyle while living on the streets.
Pros
positive interactions
Cons
Working with my consumers.
Residential Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  8220 Castor AveOctober 26, 2016
The most part I enjoyed about my job was the consumers. I was well respected and loved by them. Working with them throughout the years, I've learned patience, responsibility, and understanding is the key to success when dealing with my clients, as well as listening skills. I always treating my clients with care and respect, the way I would want to be treated. For most of my consumers,I was there voice. The hardest part of my job was when my voice wasn't heard when it came to stating my opinion about certain situations, such as behaviors and my advice on what I thought would be the best way to deal with it.The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure my consumers was well taken care of I went beyond my job many times to make sure that they were, I listened when i was needed to do so, I was always considerate and mindful of their feelings.The company knew them through paperwork, I new them by being there.
Positive work environment with caring staff
AOP Therapist--PER DIEM (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2016
This organization does what is needed to promote a healthy work environment. Every individual contributes to your knowledge of the organization. No one says, "That's not my job'
Faced paced environment
People Assisting The Homeless Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2016
Wonderful co workers. Ability to work with individuals that have faced much adversity. Being able to house individuals that have been homeless.
Pros
Birthday pot lucks
Cons
Not enough time to establish personal goals for clients
Absorbing and fulfilling work.
Actor working with medical students (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Extremely interesting and rewarding work. Wonderful group of people. Just not enough work. Would often come out of a session emotionally drained, but in a good sense. Felt I began to truly understand how it must feel to be a seriously ill person. Therefore very rewarding to feel one has a part in alleviating people's pain by helping to train a new generation of doctors. Love the medical students ! Extremely bright and dedicated young people. And it's wonderful to see people from all different parts of the world and different religions and nationalities working together as colleagues.In the outside world these people would have been enemies but here they are brothers and sisters. And each time, at each session one learns so much from the professors. It's like going to medical school without having to pay for medical school ! And the more I learn the better I feel my work is, with a deeper understanding of all the subtle complexities of human illness. I love this company for its seriousness of purpose and yet for the very human way they treat their employees. The light touch, not the heavy hand. And there is no sense of routine, but rather of constantly searching for how one can improve.
Pros
Understanding actors' schedules.
Cons
Not enough work.
Home setting
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2016
Co-workers are very helpful and make working environment comfortable and less tedious. Hardest part of the job is seeing clients becoming discourage in their abilities to do different things and when they begin decompensating. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others achieve their goals.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Contradictiions
Positive Place To Work
Administrative Assistant/Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at PATH, Inc. But his was a temp position and I wanted to remain there full time. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would have enjoyed working there for a longer period of time.

Assisted Behavioral Health Office Supervisor with reminder calls to clients.

Processed information for doctors and physical therapists

Copied, filed and faxed information for doctors and therapists as requested.

Backup Receptionist
Pros
Staff very friendly.
Cons
Only a Temp Position
Wonderful people, great mission, funding not certain
Product Development, Devices and Tools (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2016
It's a wonderful place to work--meaningful mission, plenty of smart people and a friendly environment. Each individual's input is valued Work-life balance is great. Pay is not bad and the benefits are very good.
The only minus is the funding uncertainty since projects are funded by grants.
Planting Seeds
Care Navigator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2016
I've been an employee of PATH-CONNECTIONS HOUSING San Diego since the doors opened in 2013. What I've found about the San Diego office is management allows staff to be creative, which promotes "Thinking Outside of the Box." Since working working with this organization I've elevated my skill-set, tailored my communication skills, build comprehensive community partnership, and most of all strengthen my self-confidence.

I'll admit if you're there for the money, than expect to work for it. As for management, there was a time I experienced discourse, but once that was handled I have nothing but praise toward our management team. I'm grateful to have a organization that is not just a leader, but also has the ability to follow(staff suggestions).

Lastly when it comes to case management, I decided to give it a #.......#WeAreCaseManagement.

If you're innovative and a 360 Thinker than come join the team.

A Catalyst for Change.
Pros
Ability to think out of the box
Cons
Parking
Path
Program Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2016
Not a place for aspiring mid career professionals with experience. Great for a first job or established executives. Great exposure, but instability and lack of management throughout organization.
Enjoyed working with my clients
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Did a lot of paperwork making due had all documentation to order prescription meds. Worked with diverse populations most of them in poverty level.
Pros
Cons
poor pay
Dog Eat Dog
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2016
My time working at this agency was rather unpleasant. Upper management neglected mid management and other staff. Some employees and security often stole cleaning supplies and the best donations. There was negative competition between departments which lead to staff trying to embarrass one another. One example of pettiness was workers sending inflammatory emails and copying other workers plus upper management. One worker smiled and told me it's the PATH culture too highlight through email perceived staff errors. Less than stellar front line staff are constantly hired to work with the clients because the agency chooses to pay 25k or less while paying 90k and higher to upper management. Many of the workers do the least required to maintain work. The agency seems afraid of lawsuits and allows stealing, repeated tardiness, case managers who refuse to meet with clients regularly, harassment, childish behavior, inappropriate behavior with clients (talking down to clients, exchanging personal phone numbers with clients, friend in them on social media, and using clients as servants).
Pros
Provided me with employment
Cons
Place where all the D and F students from highschool work
Productive and Fun workplace
Resdential Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Enjoy helping patients with daily living.
Administer Medications
Prepare meals
Transport to Appointments
Assist with daily activities
Environment very friendly
good counseling experience
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 30, 2015
This was and it continues to be thriving. As a Psychology major it has been a learning lesson for me. I was able to pick up what I learned at school and apply it to work.
Work Environment
People Assisting the Homeless (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2015
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) is a great place to work and the rewarding feeling of assisting one individual at a time to not only find permanent homes but following them for a minimum of 12 months to ensure they are successful in transitioning into housing is a part of PATH policy and procedures. I love this about PATH because you truly are changing the lives of individuals as a whole and it is not only about the agency. The administration always put the clients first and for me this was a plus.
Pros
Can explore different ways to assist clients without judgment
Cons
There is no yearly incentive to increase your pay.
Innovative Company with Great Culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2015
I have been working as a biostatistics consultant for PATH for almost a year. I love the projects that I get to work on, because I believe in the innovation that PATH brings to its research projects. I like being able to work from home, but feel connected to a broader team of PATH employees, consultants, and field workers around the world. My favorite part of the job is working with like-minded people who want to change the world, and who need me to use my specialized skills in biostatistics and computer programming. Unfortunately, the work is contracted, and I am looking for a little job security, ideally in a full-time position.
Pros
projects, culture
Cons
contracts
Great staff and amazing environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 14, 2015
The staff at PATH are so kind and loving, you can tell they really love their jobs. They want to be there for people, and do what they can to help their clients get the best service possible.
Prodcutive and fun workplace
Equestrian Camp Administrator and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lincroft, NJSeptember 9, 2015
It has been a pleasure developing my teaching ability and communication skills. I work with a variety of people and love the interaction amongst a variety of individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PATH. Our community is ready to answer.