Patheon

Patheon Employee Reviews

Safe and flexable work environment.
Manufacturing Technician III (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work may consist of: thawing/splitting/expanding of cell culture, inoculation of a 50L or 500L bioreactor, preparing the column for direct product capture/ultra filtration, performing in-process spectroscopy assays(OD280) before filling.

At the end of the day when a batch is completed, stored in the freezer, and SAP transactions have been performed I feel a great sense of accomplishment for being part of an organisation which manufactures commercial biopharmaceuticals to improve people's lives.
I know that this is a great company to work for.
Utility Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2015
Pros: 12 1/2 hour work days only 3days a week
Cons: there are no cons
This job roll that I currently in is not fulfilling to me.I am a people person,i fill that i can be of more value helping and having contact with( people) patients,clients.
JOB STABILITY
Production Specialist/SME (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 19, 2015
PATHEON IS AN OKAY COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THEY ARE TRANSITIONING INTO THE NEW AGE OF PHARMAUCEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY AND PROCEDURES. YOU LEARN GREAT AMOUNT OF THINGS HANDS ON. THIS COMPANY IS ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW AND WHAT YOU CAN GIVE THEM, THE BALANCE OF FAMILY AND WORK LIFE IS TERRIBLE.
Internship
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 16, 2015
Boss was very laid back, but very busy and knowledgeable about everything he does. Typical day for me: Two morning meetings, assisting supervisors, budgeting, and evening meetings.
overall good company
Encapsulation Machine Operator (Current Employee), High Point, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: long hours
Long stressful memory challenged day. Clean environment,work more than one department.Have teamwork and outstanding coworkers.A lot of push and pull.Take a break when you can.A safety conscious environment but need improvements.
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
QC Analyst (Current Employee), Manati PROctober 14, 2014
• Responsible for review and approval of change control requests, investigate deviation and track trend all product quality complaints.
• Develop and write validation protocols to ensure regulatory compliance to be established internal and external criteria for production equipment and processes flow.
• Prepared validation reports as required including statistical analysis and experimental design
• Preparing Quality reports, including analytical reports for raw materials and finished products,
Certificates of Analysis (CoA) and stability reports.
• Creating and executing method development for validation test protocols to finished products.
• Testing of products for new formulations using the pH meter, conductivity meter, viscosity meter and instrumental chromatographic HPLC, and GC techniques.
fast paced environment
management level (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: heavy workload
fast paced environment. heavy workload. co-workers are very knowledgeable and hard working.
Productive fun place to work and plenty of growth
pharma Technician (Former Employee), cincinnati ohioJuly 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed my time there and was hoping i would retire there but unfortunately i had to move out of state, pay and benefits are really the best i have ever had would recommend anyone looking for a pharma job in the Cincinnati area to apply at patheon
My Work Experience in Patheon
Coating Operator (Former Employee), Caguas, PRApril 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: all
Dont like it nothing. A typical Day at Patheon on the 3rd turn with little or no supervision, it was relaxed, unprofessionalism, lack of commitment or no, I did not feel comfortable with the work environment or personnel.
Good place to learn, great cafeteria
Operador de Manufactura (Former Employee), Manati PRJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: some special ocassions involved in free lunches and apperitives.
Cons: short time notice when deciding to move you to a different exchedule
An 8 hour shift could be performed easily when you got the hang of things around your workplace. I learned how to work within the deadline, to give my best to improve quality, and to have a lot of patience under pressure. Supervisor where new to their career so you could notice the inexperience from working with them and the way to treat employees was not the best. A lot of people who worked with me are now my friends, there where a lot of great people but also some hard to work with people. My hardest part of the job was to work with the inexperienced supervisor because you just cant feel in good hands with inexperienced people. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing your work place, Knowing that you had the control of what you where doing that in my work place I felt like the boss of my job.
Analytical Development Chemist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: healthy atmosphere, excellent health care insurance
Cons: vacation days
Although there was a lot of work to do the sense of accomplishment and the quality of people was excellent. It was like a family working together and everybody was always looking to work as a team.

Management is relatively young but super smart and willing to take decisions for the benefit of the company and its employees.

I would come back if Cincinnati wasn't that cold and more accessible to my home town.
Utilities team dayli works
Utilities Mechanic (Current Employee), Caguas, PRAugust 28, 2012
 Monitored, preventive and predictive maintenance
 Air conditioner repair, refrigeration systems and utilities equipment
Educational and very intresting
Granulator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2012
Pros: learning something new everday. lots of machine operater experince, seeing my capabilities to assembling machines
Cons: short term
Learned how to make pharmecutical products, by following a batch reports. Assembled and disassembled machines plus clean them and the room they resided in. Used machines that show specs of the products.
Productivity and variability in process
Process Scientist (Current Employee), PRJune 25, 2012
There is a dynamic and professional environment. The management is respectful and owner with the clients.
Good work place with the best team work you can find
QC Instrumentation Validation Specialist (Former Employee), Caguas PRFebruary 13, 2012
Pros: good health care plan, flexible work time
Cons: health care plan renovation process, expensive lunch
Good place for work with the best tem work you can find in the industry. Exellent supervisor and facilities.

Patheon Salaries