Patheon Employee Reviews

A bit insane
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2016
The idea is great, not enough people to support the service, compounded by lack of communication and coordination and lack of a LIMS make it a paper bound nightmare.
The people I worked with were very nice and tried hard. I hope it gets better.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lack of communication, everything is on the fly
Energy and engagement
Quality Assurance Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRJune 13, 2016
A typical day of a lot energy and concentration in work team, fulfilling the agreements with the customers. The quality is not at stake and production is to keep it at 100 percent.
An opportunity to Grow
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRSeptember 15, 2016
An industry where I learned a lot. They helped me to develop skills in leadership and team work. The management were very kind and willing to help. Thank a lot.
Productive company
QA Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRSeptember 2, 2016
A great place to work. You can learn and the exposure to other areas can be obtained. The personnel is well trained and like to share knowledge. Team work.
Poor management with little to no concern for employees
Supervising Scientist - Formulations Development (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 9, 2015
Patheon, specifically the High Point, NC location cares nothing about it's employees. The culture is rife with cutthroat politics beginning at the highest levels of the organization. There is no job security with everyone being expendable at any time. Work-life balance is nonexistent.
fast moving company things changed often team enviornment saftey oriented
Machine Operator/Dispensing Technician (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 18, 2015
You ran a different product at any given time. Machine could go down anytime, you learned something new about the machine almost every day.
Pros
nice brakes
Cons
new uniforms you have to change at every brake
Great learning experience.
Storeroom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRDecember 7, 2015
Good learning in the System such as Maximo in making Requisitions , track them and keep and Inventory Control Storeroom, wich is challenging.
Pros
Good Place for Learning.
Cons
Systems are not updated for make a work.
Good place to work with good balance between work and private life
Director Strategic Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 27, 2015
Growing company with opportunities for advancement and lateral moves
Business very numbers oriented and strict measurement of objectives
Market rate remuneration and benefits package
enjoy working there
Processor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 2, 2015
typical work we stay busy.
I learn how to inspected the products and work on the lines in manufacturing. enjoy working with every one I'll been working with since 2013.
Safe and flexable work environment.
Manufacturing Technician III (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work may consist of: thawing/splitting/expanding of cell culture, inoculation of a 50L or 500L bioreactor, preparing the column for direct product capture/ultra filtration, performing in-process spectroscopy assays(OD280) before filling.

At the end of the day when a batch is completed, stored in the freezer, and SAP transactions have been performed I feel a great sense of accomplishment for being part of an organisation which manufactures commercial biopharmaceuticals to improve people's lives.
Growing Pains
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 1, 2015
Company is okay to work for. Benefits are good but too much of bureaucracy. Training plans are none. Advancement opportunities very few.
Job stability
Production Specialist/SME (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 19, 2015
Patheon is an okay company to work for. They are transitioning into the new age of pharmauceutical technology and procedures. You learn great amount of things hands on. This company is about who you know and what you can give them, the balance of family and work life is terrible.
Great work environment
Laboratory Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 26, 2015
Great coworkers and a supportive environment, I have throughly enjoyed my time at Patheon. I have learned so much and have been recognized for my handwork and dedication to my position.
I know that this is a great company to work for.
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2015
This job roll that I currently in is not fulfilling to me.I am a people person,i fill that i can be of more value helping and having contact with( people) patients,clients.
Pros
12 1/2 hour work days only 3days a week
Cons
there are no cons
Analytical Development Chemist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Although there was a lot of work to do the sense of accomplishment and the quality of people was excellent. It was like a family working together and everybody was always looking to work as a team.

Management is relatively young but super smart and willing to take decisions for the benefit of the company and its employees.

I would come back if Cincinnati wasn't that cold and more accessible to my home town.
Pros
healthy atmosphere, excellent health care insurance
Cons
vacation days
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
QC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manati PROctober 14, 2014
• Responsible for review and approval of change control requests, investigate deviation and track trend all product quality complaints.
• Develop and write validation protocols to ensure regulatory compliance to be established internal and external criteria for production equipment and processes flow.
• Prepared validation reports as required including statistical analysis and experimental design
• Preparing Quality reports, including analytical reports for raw materials and finished products,
Certificates of Analysis (CoA) and stability reports.
• Creating and executing method development for validation test protocols to finished products.
• Testing of products for new formulations using the pH meter, conductivity meter, viscosity meter and instrumental chromatographic HPLC, and GC techniques.
Educational and very intresting
Granulator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2012
Learned how to make pharmecutical products, by following a batch reports. Assembled and disassembled machines plus clean them and the room they resided in. Used machines that show specs of the products.
Pros
learning something new everday. lots of machine operater experince, seeing my capabilities to assembling machines
Cons
short term
overall good company
Encapsulation Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 19, 2014
Long stressful memory challenged day. Clean environment,work more than one department.Have teamwork and outstanding coworkers.A lot of push and pull.Take a break when you can.A safety conscious environment but need improvements.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Productive fun place to work and plenty of growth
pharma Technician (Former Employee) –  cincinnati ohioJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and was hoping i would retire there but unfortunately i had to move out of state, pay and benefits are really the best i have ever had would recommend anyone looking for a pharma job in the Cincinnati area to apply at patheon
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Internship
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 16, 2015
Boss was very laid back, but very busy and knowledgeable about everything he does. Typical day for me: Two morning meetings, assisting supervisors, budgeting, and evening meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patheon. Our community is ready to answer.