Pathfinder Employee Reviews in United States

Making a Difference.
Art Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 11, 2016
I worked with 200 individuals a day. My work as a Program Skills Instructor was rewarding. example: To see a individual accomplish their goals was rewarding to me. Patience and understanding are a virtue in this field of work. My passion, skills and experience make a positive difference in their lives. Makes my work meaningful energizing and building relationships. Has a Team player with my co-workers we were able to make a difference in the individual's life.
Pros
Meaningful. Respect, Trust
Cons
challenging
Office setting, out lying offices, workshops, homes, apartments, etc.
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 11, 2016
It is an organization that works with individuals from birth through adult-hood with special needs. It can be rewarding and flustrating as well. I do not personally work hands on with the individuals being in HR and training, but do see the hardships that arise with the programs as with any programs that are effected with budget cuts. We have great programs, and some really great people, at times we hit the bottom as people also get flustered with pay and fighting the red tape, but without this company and those who put their hearts before their pay-checks so many individuals would not have the love, homes, and hope as many do now and excel where if not had the opportunity would never amount or think they amount to anything. I worked for the Veterans Administration, and the same thing with the budget cuts, we recruit them, send them to fight for our country, promise them the world and then pull the carpet out from under them when are no more use to us. This is only how I think most of our Veterans and individuals with disabilities feel and fight for everyday, to feel productive and important. Our Nation should work just as hard for those whose who have served us with Freedom, and those who want to serve if just with a smile, we so judge a book by its cover.
Pros
Variety of positions, full and part-time.
Cons
Some benefits, but not good affordable health plans, leave plans.
good place to get a start.
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2016
in the last 13 yrs. the company has grown. but the management has not. they need to work on there inner personal.there headed in right direction.
Productive and high responsibilty
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 17, 2016
The mission of Pathfinder is what I appreciate the most, It promotes the ability for person who have Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities the opportunity to obtain some type of independence. While they live here they are learning how to do daily life skills, and one day may be able to live a productive life on their own. My typical day at work is to make sure all IPP's are complete, and state and federal paperwork is completed. Pay any outstanding bills our residents may obtain from doctor visits. Make sure all state and HUD regulations are rendered within files and the facility. The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents that have these disabilities. You began to love them as family and they began to as well. I work with very limited supervision. I also work along side a house manager and we have to communicate in order to keep the facility running in compliance, which we have done for over several years. The hardest part of the job is being the best role model for our residents, while maintaining your job responsibilities and a good rapport with your superior.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
minimal job advancement
Great learning environment for an up and coming worker
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 3, 2016
My experience in two summers at Pathfinder were very valuable towards my future. I had the pleasure of working with very friendly co-workers, learning first hand how to properly communicate with professionals, and gain incite to different online programs. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing research in different fields and learning about all of the decisions and factors that go in to making these types of project management decisions. The hardest part of the job was on occasion there were some slow work days where I was left trying to find something productive to do.
Pros
Friendly workers, reasonable driving distance, great learning experience
Cons
Occasionally slow work days
Loved the career.
QDDP/Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 11, 2016
Worked at Pathfinder Services for 27 years. Enjoyed working with clients with intellectual and physical disabilities. Worked mostly out of a central office and traveled to another county directly supervise staff and monitor client progress. My supervisor taught all office staff how to operate computers including Office, Lotus and Citrix. Wrote behavior programs, goals, monitored client progress. In charge of and attended all meetings then wrote up resulting reports. Responsible to address any ISDH, BQIS or CMS concerns through surveys. The 2 group homes I was responsible for had 7 straight years of citation free surveys. This was due to the incredible work of the Residential Managers and the direct support professionals.
Enjoyable work place with supportive management.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk Sr (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 2, 2015
A typical day at work consist of packing and shipping mud motor parts.Co-workers are easy to get along with and work together.
Productive and encouraging environment to work...
Health and Wellness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 9, 2015
Definitely a place that has a fun atmosphere with a chance of advancement. Not necessarily the best place for employees that are looking to be apart of a team-player work environment. Management is good and is always willing to listen to any needs that you may have. Overall a decent place to work if you are looking for fun and exciting opportunities to be able to advance in your career.
A joke of a place
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 19, 2015
unprofessional! unprofessional! unprofessional! The staff lacked training ability. The CEO was never there. Staff occupied their time with facebook; not professional and personable at all.
Mwd field specialist
Field Specialist - Measuring While Drilling (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 14, 2015
A typical day with pathfinder involved using a muddles to the take surveys in order to steer an oil well to the target pay zone. Every 100ft a surveys is taken in order to decide where to steer the well. This is the primary responsibility of the MWD Field Specialist. Also the Specialist is on call 24hrs a day during the entire well which spanned from two to three weeks. While not taking surveys MWD's solve various problems with telemetry equipment and networking equipment. While also keeping a detailed daily journal of what takes place on the job site ignored to send daily reports.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Pour work life balance, High Stress Environment always.
Schlumberger bought a solid company and drove it into the ground
Field Specialist / PayZone Steering Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 16, 2015
While the work/life balance was never very good, Pathfinder strove for a 60% work to time off balance. Schlumberger goal was 80% living in the field 20% at home. This is not a sustainable business practice and they know it. They usher in new engineers and push out the experienced hands. This makes no sense to me. By the time you are proficient at your job, two years in they are pushing you out. either to an internal office position, if available, or just to get rid of you so they don't have to pay the slightly higher value for your service. This company is run by accountants and not a realistic operational perspective.
They believe that the projects can be managed with very little experience and automating the processes with technology and checklists. The only thing that SLB has going for them is their technology does seem to be cutting edge. And it should be with the amount of money dumped into the R and D.
A typical day is to be called out of the blue and start driving to location within a 2hr window. After arriving, immediate rig up of sensors and cables, inventory checks, tool function testing. It is not uncommon to have 16+ hour days. The day ends with a miserable twin size bed in a rickety trailer.
Pros
Compensation decent for work performed. Working iindependently.
Cons
work/life balance despicable, Constantly working with the roughest individuals who despise the fact that you have an education.
Measurements While Drilling (MWD) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 11, 2015
Great company to work for with upper level management that takes care of their people. Pretty hard work schedule, but if you can look past that the outcome is worth it.
I was educated in Houston Directional Driller School while there.
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
I held a night tower alone after one week of training. I had to learn fast. Management changed from Pathfinder to Schlumberger after I completed Directional School. The hardest part of the job was getting excited instead of staying calm.
Productive workplace
medical supply clerk & distribution (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2015
I really enjoyed my job, the pay rate was reasonable and the people were helpful, I felt like I was with a team and people who cared about getting the job done right.
Productive enjoyable fun work place
Adminiatrative Assistnt II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 8, 2015
I was very happy working at for this company. It was a fun fast paced working environment. I enjoyed all of the staff became friends with the employees. If I could I would enjoy going back to work for them. I learned a lot of skills and it had awesome benefits it provided a safe work place for all.Pleasant atmosphere. I was busy made for a fun filled day. I learned several functions working for Schlumberger. I learned accounts receivable/payable, HR, AWSI doing background checks,drug screen for new hires did the HR new hire paperwork, field reports with Texas Railroad Commission, Kronos payroll system, SAP for accounts payable, and well set up., Oracle,was assistant to Operations manger, QHSE manager, the office assistant.
Pros
great benefits, family oriented company cares about its employees
Trainee (Former Employee) –  CairoApril 7, 2015
Great learning experience although it was a short one i learned alot. My main task was to assemble and disassemble MOPs.
Daily expectations
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Get ready for upcoming rigs,i learned how to schedule trucks before and after,to be very meticulous,our management was very good and helpful i had good group of co workers, all very helpful at times of need i really did not have trouble of work being hard i always welcome a challenge and the most enjoyable part of my job was actually getting it done with no problems
Pros
the pros about my job was getting the job done correct at the first time.
Productive and fun place to work. Great group of people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 18, 2014
Providing administrative support to this group was a pleasure. Management is very supportive and appreciative of their employees. Very busy and stressful at times. Relaxed yet professional office environment. Intelligent and level headed people. Overall a great place to work.
You will not get rich here, but there are benefits.
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARNovember 4, 2014
Worried sometimes some management may be more about the financials than the client care and employee environment. However without cash flow, the clients get no care. Many people here are great to work with. Director is smart as a whip. Many people sacrifice to work here.

The best part is interacting with the clients. All disabled to some extent, but always in a great mood.

You will have good equipment to work with.

Raises are low, if non-existent, for the area, certainly for technical jobs.

Great place to work if you are a therapist.
just a review
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 2, 2014
it was a good place to work the people where friendly and the residents where great. its not hard work you just need the heart to do it.