Homejoy Data Scientist
Homejoy (www.homejoy.com) is a technology platform for booking professional home services, starting with home cleaning.
We are hiring a Data Scientist to identify fundamental drivers and indicators to further drive the company’s growth.
We are backed by some of Silicon Valley's best investors (and engineers) -- including Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Max Levchin, Paul Buchheit and others presently undisclosed. Our team is comprised primarily of MIT and Stanford alumni with past experiences ranging from YC founders to operations managers to high frequency traders.
In our first 6 months, we launched in over two dozen major US and Canadian cities - covering over 65m households. We've delivered double-digit revenue growth every single week, and every new market's growth tracks faster than our first benchmark market.
What does the data scientist do?
You are expected to aggressively mine our vast customer, cleaner, and appointment data, form hypotheses, spar with and win over your peers, deploy tests, and drive metrics every day. You have, at your disposal, millions of data points and dollars -- and millions of households to reach.
- Grow our service provider base by identifying and improving recruiting and retention drivers
- Improve service reliability & quality by identifying the underlying drivers of issues
- Research and prioritize the next verticals to expand into
What are the hard requirements?
- Engineering, math, or science bachelors or higher from top tier school. Suitable majors include computer science, physics or economics
- Experience setting up large data sets, performing statistical analysis, and presentation of results
- Experience with statistical software packages and programing environments
What are nice to haves?
- 2 years of industry experience as a Data Scientist
- Language and environment fluency: Google App Engine & Python; R or Matlab
- Experience starting or working in startups
- Has booked a Homejoy cleaning before
What is the upside?
- Join a young successful startup, work with distinctive colleagues focused on demand, operations, and engineering disciplines
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Breakfast, lunch (and dinners if you love us so much you stay late!)
- Health benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision
- Fun team outings - sporting events, happy hours, BBQs, other parties
- Phone screen with the COO
- Half-day data test
- 2 week contract to deliver results
- FTE offer contingent on #3
Read about us: