Pathmark Employee Reviews

very nice customers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
i liked to work there cause you can meet alot of good workers that would show you how to do your job the right way.when they have alot of sales it keeps you busy.
Great workolace
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousJanuary 19, 2018
Awesome environment to work for. Made many friends throughout my employment at Pathmark. Great pay great benefits and vacations pto and sick pay. Was sad to see this company go
Pros
Benefits vacations
Cons
Went out of business
Very flexible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this job due to the coworkers and also how it was not stressful as other jobs. It was a job you could relax at while ringing up customers as quick as possible while having casual conversations with customers.
Great work place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NJJanuary 17, 2018
I Didn’t Inten to leave but we went out of business . I was wish they was still there . I had a great work place , I wouldn’t have asked them for any other position
great place
Cashier and Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 16, 2018
hardest was being laidoff the great part was that I worked there so long it provided me with other opportunities. it was always busy no matter the time of day
Pros
discounts
Cons
shut down
Awesome job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Worked here for a long time this was the longest job I had and I enjoyed every minute of it people were great and customer service here was learned ...
meet good people and help them
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 10, 2018
It was fast paste work enverment had to move around alot. I learnd how to deal with people.The hardest part was stocking the small things. And the pay wasnt that good
Pros
meet good people
Cons
pey
A fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glenolden, PAJanuary 9, 2018
While working for Pathmark I found that it was very challenging working there vecause the duties that I had enhanced the skills that I already endured.
Pros
Free lunch free drinks and a nice cizy cafeteria with a tv
Cons
1 short break per shift a quarter raise each year
it was just a start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I only worked there for a short period of time. It was a typical job experience. The management team was good and it was only busy on weekends during the day.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low hrs
A job
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 9, 2018
A good place to work while the store was doing good in business. After finding out your place of work is going out of business, everything changed. Attitudes, work ethic went out the window, customers always trying to get over knowing the business already losing money but they cared less.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
productive workplace
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Professional workplace with career advancement. Overtime was always available. Excellent staff and management. No vacation time and no sick days. Great customer service
Pharmacy Technician
Pathmark Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, New jerseyJanuary 8, 2018
All aspects of pharmacy. Filling of prescriptions. Phone duties. Stocking of pharmacy area. Wonderful work environment. Management willing to work with you.
productive place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Mastic, NYJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day working at Pathmark would consist of walking in greeting customers on your way to clock in even though you are not on the clock, because customers are coming in and out nonstop throughout the day. Providing great customer service to everyone you come in contact with. while working at Pathmark I learned that there are so many different people in the world and each person will come in for a different reason each day. I noticed that management, for this type of company, has to be proficient and very well organized. The hardest part of this job was to let down a customer when you have absolutely no control over a situation. The most enjoyable part of this job was making a customers day by meeting their needs and ensuring great customer service.
Pros
free lunch when you got a compliment from a customer to your manager.
Cons
cold break rooms
Hate that job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Working at pathmark was a hard workand i seriously hated it. The manager was an annoying to everyone including me.Thats the main reason why I left them.
Pros
I am an excellent worker
Cons
I don't like attitudes
Pathmark was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 31, 2017
They didn’t really pay that good but he hours was ok. The manger was great and so was the coworkers. It was a little slow due to people not really shopping there.
pathmark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
pathmark was a fast pace but neatly mannered place. we had to keep busy ad always look like we are not just standing around. Checked customers out with there items.
It was a fun and relaxing environment , my coworkers were amazing .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYDecember 23, 2017
A typical day at work for me working at pathmark is working at cashier dealing with customers . Mangment was amazing the hardest part was holidays the lines were insane but got thru it . The most enjoyable part of the job was having the experience and the excitement to come to work every day . I learned how to communicate and learning how to deal with all types of people .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks, discounts
learned a few things
Customer Service/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 22, 2017
It was an interesting job with many different things to learn, from bookkeeping, register, to stocking shelves and organization.
I learned how to do some ordering
Pros
union
Cons
out of business
very outgoing enviorment
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 19, 2017
learned how to manage on my own and work well with others as too fulfilling every customers needs. the hardest part of the job was leaving all the memories ive built there due to there store going out of business.
Love working in a grocery maket
Cashier - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wyncote, PADecember 13, 2017
I had the best experience especially around holidays time to see people in spirit to shop and cook for family and relatives that were visiting them. And to meet and greet customers and give them a good laugh here and there mostly healthy on food and recipe .