PathPoint Employee Reviews

I liked it meeting new peope every week
Computer teacher, (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAOctober 10, 2017
Pathpoint no longer is a working entity This was a federal program to get jobs for seniors 55 and over.I introduced seniors to the computer. I wrote my own lesson plans and goals.The hardest part was find a location to do my job.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
not enough hours to pay all my bills
Overworked undercompensated
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CASeptember 26, 2017
Schedules are unpredictable, workload is unrealistic, Managers are unavailable, Management focus on profits and not providing great services, training is non-existent,organization has expanded to areas that they are not familiar with and management does not have any specialized experience, love the clients that I get to work with but feel bad about the quality of service that is given to them.
Pros
work with special needs and make a diffeence
Cons
overworked and not compensated properly, work off the clock witout pay, Excessive paperwork must be done on my own time, Require drive from location to location and not compensated for my time in car, hours put into my work does not match the hours I get paid for.
Post-college job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 8, 2017
The job was a good experience in terms of preparing me to be an occupational therapist.
As a young adult, I was not trained well enough to know how to handle the ins and outs of helping an adult with developmental disabilities manage his/her finances, health care information, insurance information, and an incredibly wide variety of life emergencies that occur.

There needs to be better training - and hopefully there has been since 2013.

However, I also had amazing experiences with the individuals with whom I worked at Pathpoint.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough training
Working with Clients
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 4, 2017
Working with the clients was the most enjoyable part of the job. Making your own schedule and taking off when you needed to was great. Nothing else to be said.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Team approach to empowering individuals
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 2, 2017
This job was my favorite so far. Not only did I get to make a difference in the lives of people with different abilities, I also gained what I am sure will be life long friends with my teammates and lots of collaborative experience with creative problem solving. The pay is not the best and when you live in SB you need a decent paycheck. Does pay better than similar agencies in the area and the benefits were pretty good. Left area to continue my education but may come back in the future.
Pros
Teamwork, support, fun creative environment
Cons
Workload heavy at times, Pay
Focused on providing quality service, family atmosphere
Support Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 29, 2017
This is an organization that is focused on providing a quality service to developmentally disabled. I've worked for similar agencies in the past but never any that truly put the needs of the participants first as this one did. Staff training is ongoing. There is a concerted effort to improve quality across the board and an acknowledgment of the challenges. Only reason I left the agency was due to moving. My coworkers and managers were all generally very positive and supportive. My only criticism is that pay needs improvement and more positions for DSPs to advance into within programs to enhance staff retention and participant satisfaction.
Pros
Family atmosphere, great schedule, valuable service
Cons
Pay, not enough positions for advancement
Burnout Central - and you'll be paid too little
Support Plan Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 20, 2017
This place was great for my first year of employment. Everyone was nice, the work was new and fun, and I enjoyed it. After the first year, things started out poorly when I learned we'd be getting a 1% raise and we were expected to be excited about that. They ask you to split up your vacation days so that you're not taking more than 2/3 days at a time. You have to schedule your request for vacation literally months in advance, otherwise someone else would have already snagged your dates and you couldn't be gone because they would be. Management does nothing to shut down office gossip, bullying, or retaliation.

I went into this place ready to make a difference in the community and give my all. By the end of my time I was a glorified babysitter.
Pros
Rewarding, 9a-5p no weekends scheduling, fun christmas party
Cons
Poor compensation, Management is not great, No raises
Lead Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 28, 2017
Management prefers how people view Pathpoint as opposed to actually wanting the participants to learn and enjoy what they are doing. Management favors staff over others and do not follow the zero tolerance policy.
Pros
Participants brought a smile to my face
Bittersweet
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJune 8, 2017
The staff are like family everyone was amazing and the participants are some of the best people you will ever meet but the management remind you of that high school immaturity you wouldn't want to find in a work setting. Always missing from the floor, demeaning their staff, talking over or not letting staff share opinions, constant gossip about their employees, management must go for company to thrive or staff will continue to quit as soon as the are hired.
Great job if you don't need good pay
Assist individuals (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 13, 2017
They provide a great service to the adult population of people with special needs/disabilities, but they do not pay well for some of the things you have to deal with like a client that poops him/herself and needs to be cleaned up or clients with aggressive behavioral issues.
Pros
Coworkers care about their work
Cons
mediocre pay
Negative work experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAApril 7, 2017
I recently stopped working here and I had to quit because the workplace culture was so negative. Staff regularly prioritize their own social interaction over doing their jobs and talking with participants. I saw many staff tell participants to be quiet so they could carry on their own personal conversations. There was also a number of staff that went out of their way to create conflict with other staff. Seeing how they pay you next to minimum wage to work here, it simply isn't worth the stress of going to a work place where you have to constantly watch your back because you never know who isn't going to come after you that day. It makes the workplace very uncomfortable to be in. It also seems that this is something that is tolerated. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Needs a lesson in professionalism
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 3, 2017
This can be a very rewarding job with working with the participants on their professional goals. However, the staff and management need to learn to set a better example. Its very unfortunate that some of the people who work here have no regard or respect for the people they serve. During my time here, I heard numerous staff mock and make fun of the participants disabilities. I reported this to management and it was brushed off as a condition of the job. It would be nice to see staff that actually care about doing their jobs and helping the people they signed up to work with. It also makes it more difficult that the few staff who do do their jobs have to make up the slack for those who don't.
Cons
Lack of professionalism, childish behavior from staff
No room for advancement and poor work environment
DSP (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 1, 2017
Workplace culture is terrible and harassment is regularly tolerated among staff and managers. Your ability to move up in the company is based off a popularity contest with managers. I regularly heard management say offensive and demeaning comments about certain staff they didn't like. This is not a place to work if you are looking for a career but it is a decent place to move up fast and gain experience to move on.
Benefits
Cons
Negative work environment
rewarding place to work with friendly supervisors
Direct Staff Professional II (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 9, 2017
The participants here are such amazing and unique individuals. Most staff members are kind and friendly and the program coordinators are a pleasure to work for.
Participants are great
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAOctober 5, 2016
The company's goal is great and I truly enjoyed the participants but the director has some supervisors that are overwhelmed and are not present and need to create another position; such as an assistant to the supervisors. Some of the lead people should not be in their positions yet they remain and the salaries are not motivating.
Their are 5-6 employees that do not take their responsibilities seriously and the others have to pick up the slack.
Pros
The participants and the Seniors
Cons
Low pay and co-workers lack of participation.
Great place to work if you are not concerned about money
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 26, 2016
The work at Pathpoint is very emotionally rewarding but not financially. If you love helping people and have a heart for disabled persons then this is the place for you. It can be a very relaxed environment with lots of activities involved both staff and clients
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Do not expect much in the way of job growth
Great job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 25, 2016
They are great people. The job requires allot of patience and the pay is not amazing. A great job to learn how to become more empathetic.
Fun work setting
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 15, 2016
PathPoint was a great "foot in the door" position that allowed me to really evaluate what I am looking for in a job when it comes to working with those on the Spectrum.
Positive Work Environment!
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 22, 2016
PathPoint has been a wonderful place and positive work environment. I got so much training and hands on experience working with people with developmental disabilities! It is a treasure!
Speechless
DSP and Lead DSP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2016
I say this because the organization has grown so much since ive joined. it is an incredible place to get your self going or to build a career. they have such a variety of programs and are all around. They are still growing and they have many opportunities. its a place I have find my self enjoying to return back to day after day.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PathPoint. Our community is ready to answer.