Pathway Senior Living Employee Reviews

Do not Apply
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 11, 2017
Their new Facilities are just a beautiful to look at for short time, it becomes smelly nursing home like place in few months, they allow any animals to move in with residence and no one is responsible for cleaning.
Working for them is bad experience also turn over is constant, everyone is overworked and they want you to smile and act happy.

Do not even bother they are business focus only , more residents more money for them. Employees are slaves and underappreciated.
Pros
Management is overworked and doing everyone job their is not budget to hire more staff
Cons
New staff doesn't shows to work they hire people who are smiling instead who are qualified
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 22, 2017
They overwork the caregivers and let the nurses just sit on their butts doing nothing about it. Caregivers know more about what is going on with the resident's than the nurses. The management is fake and full of lies! If you don't kiss their butt you get treated horribly. I would never tell anyone to work their or move a family member in. By far the worst place I've ever worked!!!
Complete fakes, no real knowledge of seniors and all about the money.
Management (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 21, 2017
Not only would I highly recommend that no one take employment for this company, I would also recommend no one to move their loved one into their communities.
roseland
maintenance director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
to always be optimistic and keep a smile on my face, empathy for residents who were less fortunate than others is always on my mind.
tried to do my very best in making living there a great experience as well as tried to encourage staff to do likewise.hardest part of my day was quitting time seemed like this was when all problems would occur.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Absolutely awful
Culinary host (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILAugust 26, 2017
100% the worst company I've worked for. Employees are over worked, under paid, taken advantage of, and unappreciated. Managers schedule for 6 days a week and then call you in on your day off. I spent two days in the hospital for very concerning matters and was written up for having to call off. There is no compassion or appreciation for employees from anyone in the building. The mangers don't care at all about their employees. Absolutely awful.
Pros
Big paycheck
Cons
Mistreated, over worked, under paid.
To work here is a joke. Management sucks n unorganized
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 9, 2017
They don't pay you what you should not even if you have experience n housekeeping you will be the only one working with no help so you will be slaving
Pros
Residents and family are sweet
Cons
Everything else here sucks not organized at all wouldn't recommend it
Official response from Pathway Senior Living
August 11, 2017

Thank you for the review. Providing a safe and secure home for our residents while fostering an ethical, honest and welcoming work environment for all team members is our top priority. We would like to explore the issues you mentioned and ask that you call us at (888) 342-4111 or email us at socialmedia@pathwaytoliving.com. Thank you for reaching out and we look forward to talking with you. –Beth D.

Terrible Place to Work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 31, 2017
This is a terrible place to work! Management never helps out and wants you to do everything by yourself. They are consistently short handed and expect you to handle multiple floors alone. They tend to hire only African Americans and if you are not one they tend to gang up on the white employees and management does nothing about it. Also some employees can be late or not show up and never get written up! It is just a disaster to work there. They always have high turnover and treat their employees bad. Once you quit, you won't get your last pay check either. There have been many employees that have not received what they are owed. They call corporate about it and are told the center must approve it. Then the center denies that they worked during that time. I have a friend that is still fighting to get their last paycheck. The management actually blocked their number so they can't call about their pay. I am afraid to quit because I won't get paid.
Pros
Love the people who live there.
Cons
Management, Not getting paid for time worked, high turnover.
Official response from Pathway Senior Living
August 11, 2017

Good Place
Confidential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 2, 2017
Pathway owns and operates assisted living communities in the Chicago suburbs. They focus on helping medicaid recipients but also work with the private pay population.
Great Company & Staff is like family
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 29, 2017
Being able to work in an environment that brings a sense of happiness to your everyday work life, is a blessing. The staff here is so amazing. When we see one another struggling we really pull together as a team and help one another. Yes, just like any other company, we become understaffed & at times over worked but, when we pull together and make it through the day, its rewarding to see your co-workers appreciate us pulling together as a team. & the amount of appreciation that is shown by management & residents is beyond amazing. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for & I don't see myself leaving any time soon.
Pros
Wonderful Residents, Great Staff, Vacation & Healthcare Benefits
Cons
No Free Lunch for staff when most of the food is tossed out
Terrible place to work. Petty bs
Worker (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 4, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. Management is terrible. They are lazy and don't help. Expect stupid stuff rather than the care of a resident. Highly not recommending any family or friends to work or LIVE there. Terrible place for family it's short staffed and not organized.
Pros
The residents
what a difference
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 23, 2017
what a difference a year makes. the management team has really turned Alexian Village around in a good way. they appreciate the front line staff and try to help them to the best of their abilities. staff appreciation has really improved.
Pros
flexiable schedules
Terrible company
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2016
This is honestly the worst company I've ever worked for, they don't treat their employees fairly and expect way too much from their employees where the work out weighs the pay! Management here is unbelievably unprofessional and incoherent. I personally wouldn't recommend that anyone try to obtain employment with this company for there are far better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, low wages, unreal expectations.
Bad Company-Run
Bus Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 10, 2016
Nobody likes to work together, nobody says hello, goodbye, how was your weekend, all walk by each other in the halls with no conversation or eye contact. Turn over is 60% a year at the corporate office and facilities. If you work there get the fudge out and run. If wanting to work there don't. Poor training, management abdicates leadership, communication, and are impatient to subordinates. No respect down the chain of command.
Pros
pay maybe
Cons
everything you can think of
Worst for profit supportive living company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Pathway Senior Living is a company that doesn't care about the residents they serve. It's all about the census and profit. If you plan to work for the company, I suggest having a second job or career to fall back on. Very prejudice as well.....
Pros
Cons
Nothing ..Horrible Place to Work
Very good place to work
mdicaid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2016
Very good opportunity to learn, great talking with residents about there life and their prior work experiences. Some good coworkers.
Not a great place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2016
They expect so much for little pay. They expect you to stand up every time a visitor comes in, then it's a gossiping type of place. The management is horrible. The residents are sweet. They have people there who really need to be in a real nursing home...but they take anyone for the money....I would'nt EVER work there again.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Would not recommend it
management (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 22, 2015
Corporate is a joke! I would give zero stars if I could! Don't apply because this company is not worth it! Upper management doesn't care!
Terrible Place
resident care manager (Former Employee) –  calumet cityMarch 25, 2015
Seems like a nice place in the beginning but really high turnover , I believe some facilities are better than others. Expect too much of your life
Pros
really great residents with great stories to tell
Cons
long hours little pay
Bad place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago westsideMarch 10, 2015
Nothing good about this place, the some of the cna are mean to the residents. Please don't do Application for here. They pay is very low nothing you can pay your bills with
Pros
Cons
Low pay bed bugs are very bad
Don't do it
cna (Former Employee) –  park forestFebruary 26, 2015
Family forest is full of evil, ungrateful, and selfish managers that have the worst attitudes in the world. I feel sorry for the residents because the poor cna'a can't perform there regular duties properly because they wear to many hats and to busy doing other people jobs and not there on.
Pros
The lovely residents
Cons
The ungrateful managers who are all related

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathway Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9