Pathways Home Health And Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

Supportive staff w/ failing management
Manager of Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Full of hard working, extremely compassionate, and competent clinicians, admin. staff, and social workers.

Wonderful learning experience, but that is all. Not much room for career advancement or financial raises. Not a place to work if you live in the Bay Area and have a family to support.

Major gap of communication between those working on the front lines and those calling the shots.

Heartbreaking to have to state this. There's heart in their mission, but lost in their actions in getting there. Keeping hopes up for a positive change one of these days,
Management needs a serious reality check and overhaul
Small Cog (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CaJuly 20, 2014
Pathways has been in business for 3 decades. Their business model and practices have not changed. There is a culture and climate of fear that eminates from the CEO and VPs on down through the chain. That there are so many people with a long tenure here makes it difficult to bring in new ideas and make any changes whatsoever. The company is very 'nurse centric.' if you are not a nurse, you may as well be a martian as your ideas and input is not listened to or valued. Raises are given as a lump sum or 3% per year which means if you started at $15.00 an hour, you'll still be at that amount years from now. There is no formal Training program to speak of
Pros
some of the people are nice. some.
Cons
management out of touch, culture of reprisal and fear, benefits lacking
The word "Team" has a meaning here and they provide special lunches for occasions
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 27, 2014
Everyday is a learning experience. Co-workers are very sweet and compasionate. The hardest part of my job is sitting idle. I always need to be busy.
Pros
insurance benifits are great.
Cons
needs a bigger office with more parking spaces.
Great team of professionals on every level
Geriatric Care Manager - temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 13, 2015
This was a temporary assignment, however, I had an inside view of a great home health agency that provides quality care for their elderly and other ailing clients/patients.
Pros
Professionalism to the max!
Cons
Cannot think of any negatives.
Serving patients and their families for 35 years
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 6, 2012
The company has been a staple in Hospice care in the Bay Area since 1977 and was established by Stanford physicians in the 70's. In the mid 80's, they partnered with Sequoia Hospital and El Camino Hospital to serve patients in the San Francisco Peninsula. A typical day consists of calling on accounts like Physicians, Hospital Discharge Planners, Nursing Homes, RCFE's, and networking with other companies that service the senior community. Majority of the upper management staff have been with the company on average of 10 years, which is proof that although the company deals with patients who have 6 months or less to live, the working environment is amazing. The hardest part of the job is is also the most rewarding which is supporting a family who is grieving and stressed.
Pros
friendly working environment and my immediate manager is amazing
Cons
the intake process and lack of staff make admitting a patient difficult.
Exciting place to work with such compassionate people
Home Health Aid Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pathways is truly a rewarding place to work. The people there have such a "willing to help" attitude. Management goes out of there way to make you feel comfortable and apart of the Team. Because we are a Hospice company, the hardest part is when my patients pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping someone in need.
that the people were very friendly
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 18, 2014
very busy you never get time to relax. I have learned how to use excel with spreadsheets. The management is ok but they seem like the don't want to deal with some of the problems with certain people. I get a long with most of them but it seems like there were problems with one of them in the department. The hardest part of the job is that they wanted me to get the jobs done with the staff when there is so much work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learned something new with the job.
Pros
that i was there for 19 years
Cons
nothing

Want to know more about Pathways Home Health And Hospice?

Ask a question