Pathways

Pathways Employer Reviews

At times the job was rewarding, but other times it could be better.
Residence Counselor (Former Employee), Corning, NYFebruary 28, 2015
At work, my responsibilities were to oversee consumers, help problem solve, maintain a healthy environment, and cooperate with consumers and team members. I learned how to cope in difficult and think proactively situations as consumers sometimes had behavioral issues, and non compliant with staff. I enjoyed being a part of a team with my coworkers, and was able to connect with new insights. The hardest part of the job was working in the kitchen. It seemed that consumers were unhappy with their meal no matter what. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help or making a difference in people's lives no matter how small it may seem.
Great individuals!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Flatwoods, KYFebruary 12, 2015
I have met some wonderful people throughout the years that I got to work for Pathway's. I tried my best to earn full time, although they had always denied me. Worked in DT's and residential.
Pathways has a great working environment and is a very productive facility
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Clinton, MOFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: reducing symptoms of mental illness is a great feeling, getting to help people recover from drug addiction, the satisfaction of helping someone in need is amazing
Cons: i do not have any cons of working here
A typical day at work involves seeing multiple clients. Each client is different and so i have to learn to adjust to each person. Working at Pathways helps you learn on the fly. You have to be able to come up with interventions on the spot and this is very exciting to me. I love the opportunities to work with all kinds of people and to be pushed past my comfortable level. Pathways has taught me so much information on treatment plans and how to help the client in every way possible. Pathways has one of the best working environments i have ever been apart of. The workers at Pathways work together in everyway possible to ensure the clients get the best treatment possible. The hardest part of working at Pathways is knowing your clients are suffering and not being able to fix all of their problems. The best part of working at Pathways is the satisfaction of being able to help your clients.
Hard but rewarding work
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Clinton, MOJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: clients
Cons: paperwork
hard work, but clients make it well worth it. Interacting with individuals with mental and or physical disabilities can be challenging yet rewarding. There are times that it seems there is no progress being made with that client and then all the sudden a light bulb comes on for them.

A typical day starts and ends with paperwork.
I loved my Job because I love helping others.
LPN Office Nurse (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJanuary 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I had a part of helping someone in gaining their recovery. I never had problems with Co-workers we were all on one accord. I think the most hardest part of my job was when we went from charts to computers. I learned a lot in the 8 years I was there. "Treat others the way you want to be treated" and stay flexible.
I enjoyed working at Pathways. The people that I worked with were very nice and so was my supervisor.
Kitchen Prep Worker (Former Employee), Marietta, OHDecember 30, 2014
Pros: i liked the job, i had good people to work with learning new things
Cons: not enough hours, job didnt last long enough
A typical day at Pathways was I always had something to do. I learned how to work hard and be a team player. I got along with all of the management and my co-workers. The hardest part with working with Pathways was when I would have to learn new ways of doing things. The most enjoyable part of my job at Pathways was when I would catch on to new things.
It's a job
Addiction Recovery Technician (Former Employee), Pineville, LADecember 1, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: people, work environment
A typical day is just doing my job. The people are not friendly, management shows you that they don't really care about anything but you coming to work and your job being done.
fun
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), west palm beach ,flOctober 19, 2014
I have a ok job but this is a job where you really have to love what you do
Great work experience, poor health care management by state.
Clinical Psychology Intern (Former Employee), Bath CountySeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great staff, early work experience
Cons: managemnt always giving a new procedure to include in what is already brief therapy.
Pathways is a great place to work that offers work experience and the opportunity to interact with a diverse population. However, Kentucky has been facing major cuts to mental health funding which has, in turn, made the process of providing mental health more difficult and weighed down by paperwork and unnecessary documentation.
working with kids
Director (Former Employee), 370 N seneca st Oil city pa 16301September 24, 2014
Pros: working with kids
Cons: long hours as needed
working with kids, counseling them, assisting their treatment plans, running the facility.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Childcare Aide (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: non
Great people to volunteer for. They have great attitudes and are every sincere in helping the different women who need help.
Wonderful place to work for
Addiction Counselor (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 30, 2014
I actually started there for my internship, after internship was completed I was hired part time to provide counseling and assessment of problem gamblers, this was my first experience in the field of behavioral health/addiction issues and treatment.

I had to travel from AZ to Nevada came a bit too much when I took the position at Westcare I had to resign with Pathways.
productive, high energy, friendly
Mentor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was volunteer work that I had did and it was very nice and I just love helping people. I usually greeted them with a warm greeting to make them feel more comfortable and then I did like office work such as working with fax machines, copiers, and computers. The hardest part was getting an upset individual and trying to calm them down but I managed that very well. I learned a lot of customer service skills from this because I learned to work with co-workers and also other people.
RA
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: pt. care
pt. care cooking, light house keeping , teem work 16 hr. days
Very professional and flexable.
o Skill Builder (Current Employee), WaiverMay 8, 2014
Pros: make your own hours
Cons: not enough hours
1. Work with children in their homes to work on skills.
2. How to help the children cope with their anger.
3. I work by myself mostly but have team meetings where we all discuss the child of interest.
4. The hardest part is not knowing what to do when the child has a breakdown.
5. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you helped the child.
Great place to give back to the community and at-risk-youth
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAMay 7, 2014
My typical day consisted of mentoring at-risk-youth and then going out to teach them job skills by building a house from the ground up
true
Direct Support Provider (Former Employee), Claremont, NHMay 2, 2014
It was a great company to work for till another employee threatened me then they gave me the option of walk or stay.
Customer Service
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2014
I enjoy working with clients and answering all of their questions. I enjoyed the office setting very much. I gained a sense of sophistication.
productive and fun place to work
case manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Co-workers are the best. Very cohesive team.
very minimal advancement and pay is low. NO raises and benefits have decreased over the years.
SKILL BUILDER/COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Corning, NYApril 7, 2014
It was very rewarding to work with children who struggled with different parts of their lives. The hardest part of the job was the late work hours.

1 2 3