Pathways Employee Reviews in United States

Very needed services but management needs more caring for the employees
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 27, 2016
I learned that hard work does not always pay off in an organization and personal issues sometimes are used against you. Management changes and styles with lack of communication are difficult to deal with. Good communication is key and was lacking.
Great place to work and help others with mental health issues
Mobile Therapist/Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 13, 2016
Pathways has been a great company to work for and I have learned many new clinical ways to help individuals achieve their goals. I work as a Behavioral Specialist/Mobile Therapist for this company, part-time for many years. My co-workers are amazing people who possess incredible knowledge in the mental health field and have always been available to consult with on difficult cases. The hardest part of my job is seeing so many children who live in dire straits and have a sense of hopelessness and I leave feeling like I wish that I could do more to change their situation, but have found that they look forward to my coming to visit and sometimes just need support and someone who cares to listen to their stories. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
helping people
Cons
hours can be craaazy!!
It is a great place to work and the experience was wonderful.
Addiction Recovery Addiction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 12, 2016
Overall Pathways is a great place to work. every work place has its ups and downs. But my overall review is I loved to work and worked hard. If you ask anyone that worked with me they would tell you that I go above and beyond my work duties.
Family at Pathways
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 8, 2016
I have worked for Pathways now for 10 years, and if you want a job that feels like you are part of a family then Pathways is the job for you. The joy that you get by knowing that you have helped someone achieve a personal goal, is a reward in itself. I feel like the individuals at Pathways have helped me become a better person, and I have enjoyed getting to know each and every one of them on a personal level. Each one special in their own way. If you have a heart they will fill it to the brim. The worst part of the job is like with any health care field and that is letting them go whether it is seeing them move on in life or it is knowing that you will only be reunited in Heaven.
Challenging work environment
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2016
Begin with morning meeting, then go see point of contact for the day to provide case management services for client. End of day provide documentation for each client seen that day.
Pros
Teaching clients independent living skills; successes
Cons
Hospitalizations, Not med-compliant, Aggressive Behaviors
Life Skills Technician (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIJune 17, 2016
I love working as a LST taking consumers with disabilities or mental illnesses out into the community and being the highlight of there day is rewarding. Sometimes we are the only way they get out into the community and we help them strive to live independently.
tutoring job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 2, 2016
A bit disorganized from corporate at times. A disconnect between Pathways and Dockside Services which is the company ran and owned by Pathways. I enjoy the work and enjoy working with children who need a hand in life and in school/
Discriminating, unprofessional,untrustworthy
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 21, 2016
This is s large organization that really does not know or take into account the needs of their employees or clients. Upper management is trying to manage from other states without the cultural background and without the necessary experience.
Pros
The cons outweigh any postives that may be apparent otherwise
Cons
Poor knowledge of Mental Health Field
Volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 17, 2016
It was a great place to give back to my community. The staff is friendly and welcoming. There are many positions to volunteer and help the women and children at Pathways.
Pathways is a great company to work at with great management. Great environment to work in and will also just change your view on life.
Social Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, GAMay 17, 2016
Pros
Able to travel with clients, Great actitvties with employess and clients, Great management team to work with your life schedule
Terrible
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYApril 6, 2016
I would never work here again, not if it were the last job on earth. The woman that hired me to take care of her twin boys was a very terrible, abusive and hateful person.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Abusive Environment
Fast pace, Family orientated work place, Goal setting
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 30, 2016
Typical day at work consist of meeting and greeting Probation Officers and assisting them in seeking employment opportunities for all their clients. i learned the amount of professionalism it takes to assist this population as you integrate them back into society utilizing all of what Los Angeles has to offer in references. Pathways is a great starter company, its advancements into upper tier treatment are growing very fast. All my co-workers were very supportive and just as eager to aid men and women into a better way of living using the referral process. The most grueling part of the job was to terminate some one under the stipulations of drug use, cause sometimes you know in your heart that the client really wanted to advance but was bound by the alcohol or drug. I enjoyed the Friendship I had with the Owner and Director of Pathways. The Director is very positive hard working Christian man that builds teams to succeed in excellence through service under the contract he follows. His wife needs a bit more education and experience when it comes to building teams and expecting results.
Laid-back atmosphere with good supervision
Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, ConnecticutMarch 29, 2016
I learned how to use QuickBooks accounting software. Co-workers are very friendly; the Executive Director is awesome!
Pros
Excellent Executive Director
Cons
No perks
Very pleased
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nesquehoning, PAMarch 25, 2016
indeed is a very good service that matches employers were job seekers.

you get the opportunity to affect lives in a positive way.
Coworkers are wonderful, Management is horrid
Behavior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springvale, MEMarch 21, 2016
The atmosphere at Pathways is excellent. Co-workers are some fo the best people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. However, management is power hungry, and love to take and take and take- as much as they can from their employees without giving them anything in return.
The pay is on the lower side, they promise yearly raises but they are little to none.
The hardest part is balancing work and home life. They say they are a human services agency, and care about their employees. However when it boils down to it- they are a FOR PROFIT agency and all they care about is how much money you are ringing in for them. Beware if you are ever below your billable expectation!
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers, paid trainings
Cons
Pricey benefits, pay is low, no room for advancement, bad management
Overall great place to work
Interventional Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 24, 2016
I am a Inerventio/ Radiology Scheduler. We answer 50-60 calls per day scheduling outpatient exams from Radiology, CT, MRI, US,Mammography,Nuclear Med and Intervention. I have learned the most with scheduling Intervention from a Technologist view because I have learned what the test are, how long it takes and what is the final outcome of these exams. Have learned a lot from working with the Radiologist.
Pros
Family time versus work time
Cons
No one on one with the patient I miss most
Enjoyed the clients
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troup County, GAFebruary 19, 2016
Pathways could be one of the most top CSB in the State of Georgia. However, The Executive team would need to be more attentive to their employees needs. Often, employees are promoted just because he/she possesses management qualities without receiving coaching from their direct supervisor.
Pros
Provides great services to the community
Challenging and New Experiences
Child Welfare Case Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 2, 2016
Every day was a different and unique day! You never knew what the day was going to have in store. From working with children and families hands on, so much can be learned by working with such a varied population. My support team at work (Co-workers, supervisors, etc) are amazing and are the reason that I, along with other workers, are so successful in the field!
Excellent and rewarding employment.
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYJanuary 18, 2016
I have found my work at Pathways to be very fulfilling. It has inspired me to pursue a career in human services. Management cares about the employees and seeks to help them in any way possible. A typical work day for me involves aiding consumers with numerous issues to help improve their lives.
Awesome experience
Adolescent Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 9, 2015
worked initially as an intern and was hired full time. Wonderful place to work and management was outstanding and very supportive.
Pros
good education
Cons
working weekends