Patient Access

Patient Access United States Employee Reviews

Always a change in the environment
Office Manager (Current Employee), OFallon, MissouriApril 17, 2015
Evening shift in the ER can be fast paced. I enjoy the change in events from moment to moment. Always remember, you are seeing people when they are at their worst. It is not for those who wear their feelings on their sleeve.
worst manager ever
Registrar (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 9, 2015
The management of this department was awful. She would select favorite employees and she would treat the rest of us horribly. She aimed to make every day as miserable as possible. Would not recommend this department to my worst enemy
Wonderful Place to Work!
Victory Medical Center Houston (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: small hospital
Tomball, was a awesome place to work! The only reason I left the hospital was because I moved away from the area. My day at work was ususally very busy. I started working in the ER and then moved to outpatient testing.
Patient Access
Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Great company to work for. Not too big of a hospital if you are into to a large amount of patients this isnt that place. But over all, a nice place to work and meet new people whether coworkers or patients
Competitive work environment
Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: competitive salary, great benefits package
Cons: most work sites are downtown locations
Competitive, busy work environment. Grown tremendously within the 15 years I've been there. Management varies depending on department affiliated with as well as job duties. Most positions work with numerous managers and administrators to attain goals.
My position at St Francis
Patient Access Register (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJanuary 20, 2015
I really enjoyed helping patients with whatever needed to be done. I would register patients & pre-register patients for surgery that they had scheduled. I would make sure pre-authorization was done also. I enjoyed all my co-workers also. Was a very nice hospital to work for.
Pre registration of incoming patients
Telecommunications/Patient Access (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: customer service
Worked with patients, answering questions, and directing them to the department that they are needing.
High stress ..fast-paced position in the ER...registered patients admitted to the ER ...from walk-ins to traumas coming by ambulances
ED Registrar (Former Employee), Portsmouth Regional Hospital ..Portsmouth NHDecember 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the fast-paced workplace, working without much supervision
Cons: lack of good managers....and training
Registered patients and processed related paperwork. Duties include
interviewing patients / families, preparing standard registration forms, and
performing other admission or transfer related tasks... performed clerical and
secretarial work. Relied on limited experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. Performed a variety of tasks. Obtained necessary ID -
drivers license..insurance cards...then scanning them into
system...providing necessary information to uninsured patients...collecting
co pays as needed and posting them to ledger.. Answered an average of 20
calls per day by addressing patient and nurses' inquiries, solving problems
Knowledge of medical terminology and some coding...Medicare /
Medicaid...HIPPA..Medifax and PPI...worked in conjunction with nurses
and physicians

Ability to work in fast-paced and high stress workplace
Utilizing compassion and understanding...also high degree of confidentiality
Cross-trained in other departments - Breast Center..Direct Admissions..Lab
Ability to obtain correct orders and scheduling from physicians / offices
Work very well with a cultural diverse population...Helped to develop a
strong and healthy workplace
Utilized strong interpersonal, oral, written and organizational skills
I pride myself with using diplomacy and humor to help resolve problematic
situations..
Excellent job and benefits!
Finance Specialist (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VADecember 18, 2014
I sat at my desk for about 40 hours a week, the only time I wasn't at my desk was when I was training referral coordinators. Loved my coworkers and management team. I gained tremendous experience working with insurance, billing, and using the various databases. Hardest part of my job was the constantly changing insurance market and rules applying to referrals and authorizations. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping people truly understand their insurance and educating my referral coordinators so they would be able to prevent our patients from racking up big bills. This is especially important to the population living on a fixed income.
good place for patients to go
Senior Admissions (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: knowing we are there to do our best
Cons: knowing that no every will be walking out
daily dietary duties and patient admission duties to better the visit of a patient and family
Fast paced busy work place.
clerk (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 29, 2014
Pros: communication with patients and being able to brighten up there day.
Cons: short lunches
I like this position because it keeps me grounded with humility and constantly working.
Registering Patients
register patient (Former Employee), Lynn, MANovember 5, 2014
Pros: lanch mail
Cons: brack in cafiteria
It was evening shift, I have learned how to great, how to handle challenging situation, I had a very nice manager and co workers. the hardest part was when patient died but I enjoyed handling that moment.
Productive very Planetree
Verification Specialist (Current Employee), Derby, CTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great cafe food
Cons: short lunches; no opportunity for growth
very busy verification department, learned a lot of skills and techniques .
VERY UNORGANIZED
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), ILLINOISSeptember 14, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY IN THE PATIENT ACCESS CENTER IS VERY OVERWHELMING AND STRESSFUL.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS TRYING TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS FOR PATIENTS WHEN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE DOCTORS ARE VERY POOR
THE DOCTORS CONSTANTLY CANCEL PATIENTS APPOINTMENTS AND PATIENTS WHO ARE IN NEED OF SEEING THE DOCTORS HAVE TO WAIT WEEKS BEFORE BEING SEEN BY A DOCTOR
Fast paced work enviorment
REPRESENTATIVE, NEWARK BETH ISRAEL MEDICAL CENTER (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 11, 2014
My work day would consist of a high volume of sick patents in a extremely busy inner city emergency room. I often worked with a very skilled staff who can work under very stressful situations.
patient care
ED Supervisor (Current Employee), johns creekJune 24, 2014
provide patient information and registration for services at each hosptail . This team of courteous and caring individuals anticipate and respond promptly to questions and concerns surrounding patient registration activities.
Genesis could be a better place to work
Scheduling Associate (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 18, 2014
They need to do a better job at picking their management. Otherwise it is a nice place to work.
Primary Care For Uninsured Patients
Insurance Rep/ Team Lead (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: great team of co-workers
Cons: patients had a tendency to feel entitled and were not held accountable for their actions!
My team was great over all. As we all know, there are always those who will try to keep up negativity and confusion. It was a stellar initiative, just needed a little more support from supervisors and definitely more organization!
Good Insurance learning environment.
Patient Access Facilitator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 17, 2014
Enjoyed learning changes and problems that arose with insrance problems. Intresting learning experience in dealing with various situations and people.
Very fast pace workplace,
Physician Scheduler II (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 1, 2014
Pros: it was 8-5 mon-fri off on weekends
Cons: there were fine guidelines to meet in regards to customer service
A typical day at work would start off with phones ringing non stop, referrals,post-op,followups),next there would be answering emails,working out of workques assisting physician along with nurses. I learned that I can do whatever I put my mind to,it doesn't matter the workload you just have to find a system that works best for you and allows you to get the amount of work done in an 8 hour workday. Managment was very poor there were no leadership skills executed, no one in managment took pride in their team or showed appreciation to their workers everyone was all for self. My coworkers were trying at times but we mainly focused on one thing teamwork. The hardest part of my job was going behind another coworker trying to correct their mistakes, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to master my assignments and gaining knowleddge from the task I completed.