Patient Access Employee Reviews

typical day
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 11, 2016
In a typical day I will check in patients and take copayments, review billing and payments for balances. Direct patients to correct medical office in the building. Work in the cashiners office for the day befores deposits for the whole building making sure that they balance to what the systems has figured. Answing the phone and greating patients. Working our work ques .
Pros
Half of your lunch is paid for by the company.
Cons
There is no free coffee.
worked with and amazing crew
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 21, 2016
I worked with a great group of people. I always got along with everyone. I always tried to let people know that I was always there for them whenever they needed my help. I was always willing to learn new jobs. Always did what I was told to do and willing to help in anyway possible. Management always knew they could count on me when they needed me.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not getting a break
Always changing
Fiscal Support Analyst, Collections (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2016
Worked here for a little over four years, the turnover during the time, was slightly high. The department that is worked in, determines whether the experience is good or bad. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful. It is important to be a team player, because we must work together to give the best service to the patients.
fast-paced workplace
(Admissions) Representative II (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 3, 2017
Close patient interactions with various levels of patient care. Each day, you registered patients, took patient payments and provided customer service to a variety of patients and families.
Pros
faced-paced environment with patient interaction
Cons
little room for advancement sometimes long hours.
Nice place to work
Patient Access and Central Scheduler Rep (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 10, 2016
It is a good place to work. Nice people to work with. Managers are nice and respectful. No opportunities to grow and advance.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the company. I have awesome coworkers. We created a very strong teamwork experience.
Pros
Close home
Cons
Old place
Awesome work place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 29, 2016
UMC is an excellent place to work, because there's a lot of benefits. The health benefits are awesome, the retirement is great. Management is a team which is fair and down to earth.
Pros
Gift shop discounts
Cons
Short breaks
busy environment
Fitzgerald OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJanuary 2, 2017
coworkers were always there to help out if needed. management was very knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get to know some of our patients a little more.
Pros
hour lunch plus 15 min break
professional , productive, considerate
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Job title patient access at Hospital for special surgery started 07-08-2016 to current date Great work environment, professionalism at its best everyday your grantee to learn something new.
Pros
employee reconition for hard work
Cons
short breaks
Great employer
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Great employer, only so much room for growth even with a degree and they are not considerate of someone trying to further their education even though they offer tuition assistance.
Pros
always overtime
Cons
high turn over rate for managers
Not really Pleased
Magee Woman's Hospital (Current Employee) –  Oakland, PAJune 14, 2016
It seems as though you are not valued as a worker at UPMC Magee. If you have any problems, concerns, questions etc. you are treated as if you are a burden. They do not follow their core values. I have had a problem with a staff member threatening me that was not handled correctly.. Over all not pleased with the company though I do LOVE the job it's self
Company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 29, 2016
They are a good company, I would return to work with them, they great benefits and my manager was a great boss to work for, she always had the great communication.
Good Place to work for
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2016
While every job has it's up and down's, Ascension Health was a good company to work for. I loved all my co-workers. I worked in Outpatient Wound Care Center which I saw the same patients on a weekly basis, and really formed a bond with each and every one of them.
team player and caring
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Portage, INOctober 18, 2016
I work in the emergency room. I like to in the emergency because
I get to help people in need. I like working with my co workers.
Pros
care about people
good
Baptist Heart Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2016
overall good place to work, no issues, management great. No problems with turnover. Little disorganizatioin but overall decent place to work in jacksonville
Patient Registration
Registration (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MOApril 26, 2016
LRHC was a great place to work. Working with patients everyday was a wonderful job. Seeing smiles on faces made me feel like I was doing may part as part of the team.
Pros
Great Medical experience, this job is what gave me the ambition to pursue a career in Billing and Coding.
Cons
I wish management would of made patients prepared for payments due upon treatment
Merry Go Round Restaurant
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Merry Go Round Restaurant. It was a family owned, faced paced, and friendly place to work.
I learned how to mulittask, hone my customer service skills, critical thinking, and manage my time wisely.
Management was great, as well as, the coworkers. They were always a joy to work with.
The only downside beside no benefits was that the manager required me to work 40+ hours a week, but the pay was worth the lack of social life.
The hardest part of the job was a lack of social life.
The most enjoyable part was coming to work in a happy atmosphere with great people and the wonderful regular customers.
Pros
The payout and great atmosphere
Cons
No time for much of a social life outside of the job.
Typical Day
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2016
My typical day is starting my computer, signing in to EPIC. Seeing which patients have not been registered. I have learned communication skills, and how to verify insurances. I love my co-works. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to help patients out.
enjoy typing
clerk (Former Employee) –  Memorial healthcare Owosso MIApril 19, 2016
I worked with the public doing data entry. Hardest part of the job was coworker that were not team players. I enjoyed working on computers. I would rather not do phone communication.
Great company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 25, 2016
Overlook Medical Center ( Atlantic Health System) is a great company to work for. It is doing fantastic things in healthcare and you can really grow here.
Not a bad place to work
Financial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2016
Great place and very well organized. would be a great place to start for someone new to healthcare. If you like meeting people and caring for people it is the place to start
Pros
great place to start
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patient Access. Our community is ready to answer.