Patient Access

Patient Access Employer Reviews

Genesis could be a better place to work
Scheduling Associate (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJune 18, 2014
They need to do a better job at picking their management. Otherwise it is a nice place to work.
Primary Care For Uninsured Patients
Insurance Rep/ Team Lead (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: great team of co-workers
Cons: patients had a tendency to feel entitled and were not held accountable for their actions!
My team was great over all. As we all know, there are always those who will try to keep up negativity and confusion. It was a stellar initiative, just needed a little more support from supervisors and definitely more organization!
Good Insurance learning environment.
Patient Access Facilitator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 17, 2014
Enjoyed learning changes and problems that arose with insrance problems. Intresting learning experience in dealing with various situations and people.
Very fast pace workplace,
Physician Scheduler II (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 1, 2014
Pros: it was 8-5 mon-fri off on weekends
Cons: there were fine guidelines to meet in regards to customer service
A typical day at work would start off with phones ringing non stop, referrals,post-op,followups),next there would be answering emails,working out of workques assisting physician along with nurses. I learned that I can do whatever I put my mind to,it doesn't matter the workload you just have to find a system that works best for you and allows you to – more... get the amount of work done in an 8 hour workday. Managment was very poor there were no leadership skills executed, no one in managment took pride in their team or showed appreciation to their workers everyone was all for self. My coworkers were trying at times but we mainly focused on one thing teamwork. The hardest part of my job was going behind another coworker trying to correct their mistakes, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to master my assignments and gaining knowleddge from the task I completed. – less
Fast-Paced and Almost always on your feet! Fun job, Awesome Hospital Staff
ER Registrar (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXMarch 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: prn position, m any day you have off don't make any plans, you will almost always get called in! pay, management, no appreciation towards employees
Typical day consists of registering patients under 30 min.
I've learned alot about insurance plans and proper data entry, and still ocntinue to learn something new everyday.
Management here is not the best.
My co-workers are awesome! its what makes the job something to look foward to. Were like one big family.
hardest part of the job would be retrieving – more... information and signatures under the 30 min time period.
the most enjoyable part is hearing how pleasant your registration process was from patients. – less
POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), DAYTONA BEACH, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no pay raise
EXCELLENT BENEFITS AND TIME OFF. GREAT CREW TO WORK WITH. LARGE ORGANIZATION
No opportunity
Patient Access (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: management, cheap
Poor management, will hire part-time and let you pick-up hours but, never make you full time because theydont want to pay benefits.

I work in Patient Access for years I have never had to bring my own pen to work because management doesn't order pens.
close to home, fun people to work with.
Marketing/Outreach/Resource (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 4, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Cons: hard to take lunch break.
Typical day included meeting and help patients register, show them where they need to be. Following through securing information, insurance and personal. Scheduling patients and advising particular information for tests to be performed.

Enjoyed the co-workers because it was a team effort, helping and working together. Hardest part of the job was finding – more... time to take a break for lunch, was busy all the time and I felt the patients should not wait.

The most enjoyable part was the patients as I got to know them. – less
Productive Workplace
Children's National Medical Center (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2013
Pros: growth
I loved it, great benefits, number one Children's Hospital in the United States.
Productive,high volume work area
Norton Healthcare Registration Rep (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 18, 2013
Pros: stability
Cons: difficult getting time off
Greet patients, and collect required information. Correspond with all ethnicities and ages of the local population.
Learned a great deal about insurances plans and insurance verification.
Most difficult part of the job is collecting large sums of money from patients and learning of their illnesses.
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that – more... I lent a hand in potentially helping someone. – less
Working with and assisting patients has always been rewarding
Patient Access Rep II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2013
I have discovered that I have a natural capacity to assist the needs of patients in order to make their experience a smoother, less stressful event. Remaining calm during very difficult times for the patient is crucial to the process of assistance with their needs.
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Volunteer Services-Patient Access-Admissions (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 5, 2013
• Assisting Admissions staff with obtaining healthcare and
• Medicare consents. Assist with patient flow to and from
• Registration representative and assigned floor
Travel
Material Management (Former Employee), TN AIR NATIONAL GUARD BASEOctober 12, 2012
Pros: enjoyed traveling
Cons: always relocating for different jobs
I love being apart of the Military,i got a chance to do a lot of traveling. i wish i didnt have to retire.
Safe work environment
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OhAugust 24, 2012
Clean, easy to find. Enjoyable co workers. Good Benefits, expectations are explained.
Patient Access
Collector (Former Employee), Inglewood, CAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: free healthcare consults
Cons: short breaks
High paced, detail oreintated, accuracy and ability to multitask and communicate efficiently with the Medical staff and professionals
Centura Healthcare
Coordinator (Current Employee), Centura HealthcareMay 31, 2012
Pros: the work schedule
Love the hours, the associates and what we we do and my director is a great mentor
First Path is a private work it was a good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2012
Typical day going to client home, and take care of the client. No coworker, Management was good.
Meet lots of people
Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Ridgecrest, caMay 17, 2012
Patient Access for a hospital manages the registration process of patients who come into the facility. Emergency or just coming in for radiology that is our job. Working with an amazing amount of different people is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job but the stress with being overwhelmed can be the hardest part; so its a two edged sword.