Patient Access Employee Reviews

Patient Access Representative
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 26, 2017
I would go to patients rooms to update their information in our system, gather vital information that is needed to update their chart and discuss their insurance information and advise them of their financial responsibilty and collect monies from them or set up a payment plan with them.
Would then notate in their chart what we discussed on how they would pay or if they made payment arrangements for the the future payments.
Then would scan the chart into our system.
Would always make sure that the patient was treated with respect and would make sure that they thought that I did a good job and that i represented my company and that they would remember how I treated them.
Pros
Was always treated with respect
Cons
Not enough help sometimes
I enjoyed this work place.
CLINICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 16, 2017
It was very high paced and kept you on your feet. I learned a lot. This job also gives you a lot of chances to pick up hours and trade hours if needed.
Great place
Information Technology Systems Analysis Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2017
Amazing place to work where everyone is willing to assist to help the team reach its goals. As a systems analyst you will be in the position to learn plenty of skills in the industry
Fun place to work
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 26, 2017
I loved this job, I would recommend it to anyone I loved the people I worked with and the management was some of the best I have ever worked for Great job was torn about leaving but needed to due to life events.
Pateint Access/ ER Registration
ER Registration/night shift Operator (Current Employee) –  Miami, OKOctober 15, 2017
ER registration if very fast pace and quick thinking. The hardest part of this job is the loss of a patient. The best part of working at the hospital being able to help patients and their families with I kind word and a friendly smile
ER Secretary (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 14, 2017
Patient care was a priority for me as patient access support. The most enjoyable part of the job was the assistance I provided to the elderly. To see them smile as they left my desk, was a constant goal for me as a registrar. I enjoyed working with and cooperated with all levels of management teams. They enjoyed working with me as well.
Very family oriented
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 13, 2017
Registration for patients coming to ER
Getting their demographics
Taking patients to room
Verifying insurance
Collecting monies
Family oriented
Team work
Hardest part of job was knowing a patient was expiring
Fairly decent and safe place to work
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAOctober 9, 2017
Fast pace, schedules seemed a little unfair. Got along well with coworkers. No room for advancement and minimal pay increases. Sometimes other departments did not get along.
Pros
Worked with nice people that were team players
Cons
Unfair schedule
Hard Job, but can be rewarding.
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 28, 2017
Very busy hospital job. Not really for me, I tend to work at a slower and more particular pace.

The programs they used for entering patient data seemed to be a bit outdated or obsolete. They are working hard on improving things for the registrars, like employing more people so the work load is not as great and they have promised to update the computers.

I worked mostly in the emergency room. The hardest thing for me to see there was people suffering. It really got to me after a while.
But opposite of that is to be able to do little things that make they're day better. That was probably the best part of the job. Just to make things a little easier for people in a difficult situation.
productive and comfortable workplace
Field Outreach Associate (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2017
Great position if your trying to get into to learn all aspects of what a non- profit does
Excellent, comfortable work environment
Managers were very kind and friendly
place for creativity and being open with ideas
flexible with school schedule
Pros
comfortable work environment
Pre-service Specialist review
Pre-Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 16, 2017
The job was ok, some days are better than other days. It is the stereotypical 9 to 5 job. It keeps you busy depending on the alpha you are assigned to. You end up feeling like a bill collector because you would have to call and attempt to collect on what the patient owes, if they decide to pay. Pay could be better, some assignments you may need to accomplished a lot than other assignments. The manger is great and PTO is easily granted. The pre-service specialist job is someone who is content with their life and does not want to advance into a higher position.
Pros
Taking PTO, multiple department parties
Cons
pay, some work load, health benefits
Good job if you can hand the few cons
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2017
Good paying job. Fast paced. If you can endure the loopholes that insurance companies and doctor offices put you through with patients not having prior authorizations obtained before setting up appointments, go for it. Room for growth and advancement too.
Pros
fast paced, something different each day
Cons
insurance authorizations
Insurance Verifier
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 24, 2017
I make superbills for the providers everyday and at times I interact with the patients. I explain to patients their balances and insurance. I also give paperwork to patients on their insurance.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No capability of advancement
Good for part time
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 2, 2017
Worked per diem, flexible hours are great. A lot of Red tape for management to deal with which causes them to not often be working alongside you. Lots of opportunity for growth throughout the hospital.
Good place to work to make a small difference
Greet and assist patients and visitors (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2017
You have to have a thick skin to deal with the attitudes you get from some patients, even if you don't deserve it. I really enjoy getting to have interaction with clinical staff.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
Dealing with sick and hateful patients
Productive and compassionate
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2017
Customer Service
Determined prior authorizations for outpatient procedures.
Pre-certified medical and radiology procedures, surgeries and echocardiograms.
Reviewed, analyzed and managed coding of diagnostic and treatment procedures
contained in outpatient medical records.
Responded to correspondence from insurance companies.
Examined patients' insurance coverage, deductibles, possible insurance carrier
payments and remaining balances not covered under their policies when applicable
Busy Trauma Emergency Department
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Arrive patients via walk in or EMS into the emergency room. Register patients, making sure their demographic information is correct and up to date. Create medical records and or merge records accordingly. Verify, process, and apply insurance. Complete MSPQ information for medicare recipients. Fill out incident claims when needed. Complete trauma pt requirements. Complete hospital compliances as needed. Being apart of CRC, collect copays as needed. Other assignments requested by management.
Pros
Always helping others
Cons
Breaks can be limitied
lnrmc
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 12, 2017
Lake Norman is extremely mismanaged company. They do not keep the hospital fully staffed causing employees to become overworked and burnt out.
Cons
management
Different
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 19, 2017
This was my first attempt at doing something different. It was interesting and I learned a lot. I now understand why the people who do the registrations at the hospital don't hear you. They are on a 3-7 minute time limit and want very fast short answers only. They do not have time to be cordial and or visit, hear details, etc. It would be best to pre-register over the phone if you can.

I worked with a younger group who were very threatened at having an older worker with them.

There was not real training to teach you about insurance or their computer programs, etc. You were expected to learn all that while watching over someone's shoulder; they did not slow down so you could see what they were doing etc.
Pros
Learned a lot. Got to move around a lot to different areas of the hospital.
Cons
They did not fit the desk to the worker. Not enough support. Training would have been nice.
Patient Access Specialist
Denver Health med center (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2017
I was responsible for greeting patients, handling cash drawer, collecting copay's or deposit's, answering phones and questions from patients, obtaining demographic information from patients, obtaining insurance verifying, obtaining any authorizations needed, communicating on daily basis with the nurses, and doctors, maintaining confidentially from patients and employees, obtaining signatures required for consent for treatment, NOPP/HIPAA and Medicare messages on a timely manner. I enjoyed communicating with staff and patients on a daily basis and helps me keep up with my customer service skills and even with a difficult situation, I am able to usually solve problems with patients and staff.