Patient First Employee Reviews in United States

medical transcription
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 16, 2016
There are thousands upon thousands of transcriptionists in the USA desperate for a decent job. Patient First has a perpetual ad running. Do the math! Tedious and prolonged hiring process. HR keeps all fingers on hiring paperwork so they can yank it away for any perceived fault. Antiquated software. Reports must use absolute minimum words possible. Low pay rate. Insurance for home transcriptionists mediocre.
Pros
Basic insurance.
Cons
Odd, paranoid management. Paltry benefits.
Excellent OB/GYN Doctors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
This is a very large practice, something happening every minute. I learned so much about medical coding and billing, The employees were nice to be with and I became good friends with some of them that I still see today. Management was very rigid and unforgiving. This was the most difficult part of the job for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was training new employees and watching them become more comfortable and confident in their abilities.
Pros
Beautiful office space, good raises and occasional bonuses.
Cons
Fear of constantly being judged and not being told what was wrong until it was too late to fix it.
well trained staff
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 2, 2015
The center I worked at was a fast paced center sometimes seeing as many as 200 patients in a 16 hour work day and this meant that at least 75% of those patients would receive x-ray examinations.

In the seven years I worked there, there were little personality problems. For the most part everyone knew their job and what was expected of them and so everyone worked as team.

Since my retirement I miss most of the people I worked with and I occasionally go back and visit.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
difficult schedules
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 7, 2015
I have been with patient first for about 2 years and it is a great place to work. It is a busy day depending on what center you work at, but your co workers can help make the best of it.

I have been trained in phlebotomy, IV, as well as orthopedic applications.

There is a lot of opportunities for advancement and there is no time limit in which you can take these advances.
Pros
Paid lunch, great benefits, flexible hours, double pay, many locations
Scheduling and ordering for patients/ doctors
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAOctober 12, 2015
I would take payments for patients, also schedule appointments for them. I would also schedule orders of products and maintain shipping tracking orders.
Pros
Great benefits and rewarding feeling
Cons
Fast paced and life serious decisions
Medical transcription department is no place to be!
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2016
Unfortunately, the MT industry is not what it used to be. In 2015 I made exactly half what I made in 2007. Not only is MT a tedious, exacting job, but at Patient First your life is in the hands of your team leader. She has complete autonomy to make decisions that impact your productivity and subsequent pay. Not only that, but this job does not prepare you for future work in MT. Since the work consists of clinic notes and not acute care, other companies won't give you a second look. So you better play your cards right and suck up to your team leader, even if her actions reduce your pay, because it will be very difficult to find another job in this (failing) industry.
Pros
They allow a 23-hour window for completion of work, rather than an 8-hour shift.
Cons
Poor management decisions regarding their choice and training of their team leaders.
Great place for internship, truly helpful people
Medical Administrative Assistant, Internship (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 30, 2015
I truly learned a lot during my internship at Patient First; I was able to learn more about HIPAA, registration, and how to deal with a patient in need of immediate help.
Pros
Great hours, Flexible, and good benefits.
Cons
No breaks
Bad vibes
INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVEINSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 24, 2016
Ancient technology used. Not an eco-friendly company either. Wasted $37,000 annually on paper claims that didn't even need to be printed out in the first place simply because they will not upgrade their technologies. Ir dept supervisor keeps her door shut at all times and does not want to be bothered yet requires you to basically "sign in & out" every time you go to the bathroom. The company could be great to work for from what I heard but from my experience not in this field if you're in to medical billing/coding I would run for the hills.
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Productive, busy and a growing business
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDApril 4, 2015
Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate department
Greeting Patients and Clients
Directing family members and loved ones to other loved ones
Registering and providing optimal patient services by assisting with
medical records, insurance clarification and benefits
Assisting Nurses and Doctors in emergency care
Processing daily reports
Distribute mail to the correct departments and process accordingly
Receive faxes, file, distribute or process as necessary
Monitor waiting room for patient assistance and help
Assisting with daily deposit
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No breaks, health insurance benefits terrible
horrible work place
Medical Assistant, Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day was very stressful, the doctor was very rude and inappropriate. He would yell at employees and sometimes even patients! The office was chaos, it was a mess, charts all over the floors, papers everywhere, he had the most outdated system. He used daysheets and a scheduling book. No computers at all. Which made it difficult to keep track of things in the clutter that he had but we werent allowed to clean it. He would try to make his medical assistants shovel his walkways and parking area in the winter. We had to sit with him and click his mouse on his computer for him, mostly so he could bid on objects on ebay! I dont know that I learned much there besides how not to treat employees and how not to run a doctors office!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Radiologic Technologist
Do it all person (Former Employee) –  Northern VAJuly 20, 2016
Be prepared to only work 7 hour shifts, so 35 hours/wk FT. Part time is ONLY weekends! So, hope you can survive on 28 hours a MONTH! There is no room for advancement UNLESS you are a female tech (preferably non-married, without children & little tech experience). Also, look forward to triage patients, perform lab studies, assist with sutures & splinting, cleaning up vomit/diarrhea, handling all computer issues & cleaning the parking lot/building...all while doing x-rays too! Plan to work 365 days a year. You will be required to sign off on new policy changes every day. You MUST wear certain color polo shirts with only 3 buttons (tucked in) & white scrub pants. ONLY solid white shoes, minimal jewelry, certain hair styles & no tattoos. You will be put in a QA book every day for the tiniest infraction (marker slightly off film, technique isn't perfect, using capital letters instead of lower case letters & visa versa). MUST BE TEXTBOOK IMAGES 100% AT ALL TIMES! HR department will not help you even if you're in the right & will make promises & then take them back. All while denying they ever made certain promises. They will be sure to deny you for continuing education even if you qualify & followed the guidelines to the letter! P.S. never go to Central Park location!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Family work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  6333 Baltimore National PikeJune 29, 2015
What I love about my workplace is no matter how busy we are, or what type of patients we see that day, we all work as a team to get through the day. We are care about each other's personal lives, and offer support inside and outside of work. Patient First is about servicing the community,
Pros
Fast paced, Variety, triage
Cons
Short break, poor health care benefits
well structured company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 26, 2016
This company has an amazing training department that devotes an entire month to just training a new hire to Patient First ways. Employees throughout the company love their jobs and are compensated very well for their time. Motivated managers are always available to help patients and staff members.
Pros
Free lunches, discount healthcare for employees and families
Cons
Weekend work mandatory however is compensated
Great atmosphere to work in
System Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2016
 Resolved PC related issues, computer equipment problems and communication problems
 Logged all calls in the MIS support system and coordinated file save tape operations on a daily basis
 Maintained center and MIS computer supply inventory
Fast paced but excellent work environment.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
I worked for Patient First in the past and am going to move back to Richmond in the near future. I would love to be able to be rehired and work for them again.
Pros
The Dr. that owned the centers knew everyone by name.
Beautiful Work Environment and Beautiful Aesthetic Work
Practice Manager Vita Ageless Medical Aesthetics (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMay 23, 2016
Special women providing exceptional service and care to patients. Offers all aesthetic treatments including body contouring. Special skincare is AMAZING!
I enjoy meeting different people
Patient Representative & Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Patient First. I would love to work there again part-time. I think there are many opportunities there to grow with the company.
Excellent work environment
Employment status changed from Part-Time Special (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJMay 4, 2016
This a very employee friendly company, the staff are great and the company is very well structured. The company benefits are great and it is a very pleasant urgent care setting.
Productive, dedicated, fun
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 10, 2016
A very good place to work. They are productive. Like the name said, the patient is their number one priority. The employees help each other. The employees are dedicated to their jobs.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
ok
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 26, 2016
not bad working here try it if you want to wouldnt go back. staff is friendly doctor is great. hours are great. pay is not.there is nothing else to write