Patient First Employee Reviews

Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 27, 2016
I've been at PF for almost 2 years a they offer reasonable compensation/benefits. The staff is very friendly and works well as a team! It's a large company and we all get along very well considering there are so many centers to consider! Everyone goes through excellent training to be prepared to provide excellent patient care.
Productive and fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 4, 2016
Fast paced work place where everyone got along and kept a busy steady shift. Very nice place to work for. Will locate you to other Patient Firsts if you need more hours.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No breaks
Excellent work environment
Employment status changed from Part-Time Special (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJMay 4, 2016
This a very employee friendly company, the staff are great and the company is very well structured. The company benefits are great and it is a very pleasant urgent care setting.
medical transcription
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 16, 2016
There are thousands upon thousands of transcriptionists in the USA desperate for a decent job. Patient First has a perpetual ad running. Do the math! Tedious and prolonged hiring process. HR keeps all fingers on hiring paperwork so they can yank it away for any perceived fault. Antiquated software. Reports must use absolute minimum words possible. Low pay rate. Insurance for home transcriptionists mediocre.
Pros
Basic insurance.
Cons
Odd, paranoid management. Paltry benefits.
Great work place
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 27, 2016
This company is a great place to work for!! Training program is very helpful once hired. Very organized management for each department. Everyone I have worked with are friendly and we all work as a team. Management notices your hard work and provide incentives to show their appreciation. The patient volume is busy and also steady at times. The atmosphere is positive. I love working here!
Bad vibes
INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVEINSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 24, 2016
Ancient technology used. Not an eco-friendly company either. Wasted $37,000 annually on paper claims that didn't even need to be printed out in the first place simply because they will not upgrade their technologies. Ir dept supervisor keeps her door shut at all times and does not want to be bothered yet requires you to basically "sign in & out" every time you go to the bathroom. The company could be great to work for from what I heard but from my experience not in this field if you're in to medical billing/coding I would run for the hills.
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Excellent OB/GYN Doctors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
This is a very large practice, something happening every minute. I learned so much about medical coding and billing, The employees were nice to be with and I became good friends with some of them that I still see today. Management was very rigid and unforgiving. This was the most difficult part of the job for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was training new employees and watching them become more comfortable and confident in their abilities.
Pros
Beautiful office space, good raises and occasional bonuses.
Cons
Fear of constantly being judged and not being told what was wrong until it was too late to fix it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJAugust 16, 2016
I worked here for about a year. The company has a very family like environment, I literally loved everyone at my center. I enjoyed going to work. My manager truly cared my career development. I was part time but there was always hours available by going to other centers.
Pros
Family environment, team work
Cons
No shift differential unless you train
Radiologic Technologist
Do it all person (Former Employee) –  Northern VAJuly 20, 2016
Be prepared to only work 7 hour shifts, so 35 hours/wk FT. Part time is ONLY weekends! So, hope you can survive on 28 hours a MONTH! There is no room for advancement UNLESS you are a female tech (preferably non-married, without children & little tech experience). Also, look forward to triage patients, perform lab studies, assist with sutures & splinting, cleaning up vomit/diarrhea, handling all computer issues & cleaning the parking lot/building...all while doing x-rays too! Plan to work 365 days a year. You will be required to sign off on new policy changes every day. You MUST wear certain color polo shirts with only 3 buttons (tucked in) & white scrub pants. ONLY solid white shoes, minimal jewelry, certain hair styles & no tattoos. You will be put in a QA book every day for the tiniest infraction (marker slightly off film, technique isn't perfect, using capital letters instead of lower case letters & visa versa). MUST BE TEXTBOOK IMAGES 100% AT ALL TIMES! HR department will not help you even if you're in the right & will make promises & then take them back. All while denying they ever made certain promises. They will be sure to deny you for continuing education even if you qualify & followed the guidelines to the letter! P.S. never go to Central Park location!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great Company
Transcription Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2016
Patient first is the best company I worked for however the management is awful. The management do not promote growth. I would love to continue working at the company but management issues is affecting my health.
Pros
Great incentives, great to employess
Cons
Medical transcription department is no place to be!
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2016
Unfortunately, the MT industry is not what it used to be. In 2015 I made exactly half what I made in 2007. Not only is MT a tedious, exacting job, but at Patient First your life is in the hands of your team leader. She has complete autonomy to make decisions that impact your productivity and subsequent pay. Not only that, but this job does not prepare you for future work in MT. Since the work consists of clinic notes and not acute care, other companies won't give you a second look. So you better play your cards right and suck up to your team leader, even if her actions reduce your pay, because it will be very difficult to find another job in this (failing) industry.
Pros
They allow a 23-hour window for completion of work, rather than an 8-hour shift.
Cons
Poor management decisions regarding their choice and training of their team leaders.
well trained staff
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 2, 2015
The center I worked at was a fast paced center sometimes seeing as many as 200 patients in a 16 hour work day and this meant that at least 75% of those patients would receive x-ray examinations.

In the seven years I worked there, there were little personality problems. For the most part everyone knew their job and what was expected of them and so everyone worked as team.

Since my retirement I miss most of the people I worked with and I occasionally go back and visit.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
difficult schedules
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 7, 2015
I have been with patient first for about 2 years and it is a great place to work. It is a busy day depending on what center you work at, but your co workers can help make the best of it.

I have been trained in phlebotomy, IV, as well as orthopedic applications.

There is a lot of opportunities for advancement and there is no time limit in which you can take these advances.
Pros
Paid lunch, great benefits, flexible hours, double pay, many locations
Great job
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 9, 2016
It provides an excellent work environment for those who are looking for an entry level position into the healthcare field. Highly recommend Patient First as a starting position.
Great company to work for
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 19, 2016
Patient First works well as a part time position. Great owner he visits each center 3 0r 4 times a year. Work well with co-workers. worked with many different people, just get to know a little about them and work atmosphere is good.
The pay is ok, no balance between work/ and life out side of work due to, up and down schedules
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 9, 2016
Greet patients
file insurances
keep area clean
sort mail
take messages for nurse
triage wait room
fax/copy/type
register/ discharge patients
It was a wonderful experience
Medical Records Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 14, 2016
I honestly thought the environment was very relaxed instead of fluttered an cluttered. I cant say too much about it because my time here was very temporary.
Productive, busy and a growing business
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDApril 4, 2015
Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate department
Greeting Patients and Clients
Directing family members and loved ones to other loved ones
Registering and providing optimal patient services by assisting with
medical records, insurance clarification and benefits
Assisting Nurses and Doctors in emergency care
Processing daily reports
Distribute mail to the correct departments and process accordingly
Receive faxes, file, distribute or process as necessary
Monitor waiting room for patient assistance and help
Assisting with daily deposit
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No breaks, health insurance benefits terrible
fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 18, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and genuine. People are helpful and supportive I learned a great deal working here. I love my boss and all the doctors. They treat you well.
great team players
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 23, 2016
Everyone does their job correctly helping each other out very professional and so much compassion for their patients clean friendly environment
Pros
very nice professional
Cons
No real breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patient First. Our community is ready to answer.