Patient First

Patient First Employer Reviews

Technologist job that allows me to use my skills to better service the patients
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: i manage my own time throughout the day while working with other coworker
Manage daily protocols,
Provide Radiation Safety to patients
interact and provide top quality customer service
Provide efficient images, while preserving quality excellence
I love being a CT and Rad Tech
A staff friendly place to work
Staff Nurse, Care Manager and Nurse Trainer (Current Employee), Waldrof MarylandFebruary 1, 2015
I am currently working as a nurse trainer with the company. I travel to any given center in the Maryland area and provide training for new employees. I teach them our policies and procedures. Instruct use on our computer system and assist on function on the floor as part of our medical team.
I have learned a great deal working at Patient Frist and have been certified in ACLS and PALS.
Our management team from corporate to center level are very supportive and helpful. Not only to they assist in the work place but are will to help out in personal issues if requested.
I enjoy working with all the staff at each center from registration, nurses, medical assistants, Providers, la and x-ray staff. I believe we work well as a team and provide support as needed.
I really enjoy my job, staff and patients. I truly don't find anything hard about the job except maybe the traveling to some of our further centers.
Fast paced, diversified, professional medical facility
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: diverse patient illnesses/complaints
Cons: short staffing
Patient First is an urgent care facility; a typical work day is very fast paced. Patients, adults as well as children, are seen for a variety of illnesses. In addition, physicals and drug screenings are performed. Time management, as well as organizational skills, play an important part in my work day.

I have learned, and fine tuned, my skills as Medical Assistant. Accuracy in vital signs, phlebotomy and EKGs has been refined.
I have proven to be a team player, as well as dependable and flexible in regard to my work schedule.

Management has consistently provided an open door policy, being fair to all employees. I have had the opportunity to mentor several of my co-workers who were new to this field.

As customer service plays a huge role in health care, the hardest part of my job has been the sometimes unavoidable wait time for my patients. However, this also provided a goal for myself, and my co-workers, to strive toward.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been the satisfaction of being an important member of a professional team. It is extremely rewarding to have provided good care to my patients, as well as representing Patient First in the most professional manner.
Fast Paced & Extremely Detail Oriented
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Odenton, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: the work schedule was condusive to my schedule for my pre-schooler, til he goes full-time this september.
Cons: unable to get get full time day hours & needed to also work on the weekend.
This was a good job to get back into the Medical field after being on a break of 3 years raising my son.
Very little direct patient contact. In centers, medical assistants did patient assessments.
nurse, call center (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: live close to call center campus.
Cons: mostly ate lunch alone.
Required to punch in and out in three different systems. Had weekly call reviews and monthly staff meetings although most of my coworkers work from home.
Patient Frist was a very productive work enivroment
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Mechanicville vaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great doctors
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day would be busy and, I would be collecting vital signs, preparing exam rooms, cleaning medical equipment and folding gowns.

I learned a lot working there, the other employees helped me a lot

The hardest part was not disappointing the doctors when they ask for your help
Wonderful Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Leesburg, VADecember 31, 2014
Loved working at Patient First. Loved being fast pace and enjoyed working with the company. People we amazing and always helped when you needed it.
Ensure Policies and pt care is upheld
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 23, 2014
Pros: having good co workers, always being informed
Cons: nothing bad about the company
I open and close the office, I greet patients as they come in by their name for medical help, I collect co pays and debts pass due. I assess the patient for nurse evaluation if necessary. We fill out the necessary forms for management when corrections are needed and I insure that Pt demographics are updated and insurance info is correct.
DO NOT WORK HERE
//////// (Former Employee), ///////December 13, 2014
Cons: poor management
The East Norriton, PA location is filled with nothing but a bunch of back stabbing staff members who gossip all day long. The Director Of Medical Support has a very nasty attitude towards people of color. The Patient Service Coordinator is just as bad. She only cares about herself. This is not a good place to work AT ALL!!!
Fun place to work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Manassas, VANovember 14, 2014
Very good place to work and have fun. Opportunity to grown and learn. Overall had a good experience here.
Typical
Representative (Current Employee), N/ANovember 6, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: not enough hours, short breaks, not promised a break
a Typical Day at Work with Rude Patients and Sneaky Co-Workers
slow paced
Receptionist (Former Employee), Crestview Hills, KYOctober 20, 2014
worked at the front desk and checked patients in and out. collected co-pays and rescheduled patient appointments.
A lot room for advancement and various departments
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PAOctober 13, 2014
A great place to work and the only reason I left was to be a stay at home MOM
Cares about its employees as well as its patients!
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 12, 2014
I served my externship for 12 weeks at Patient First. The training is extremely thorough. The reasons for certain protocols are logical as opposed to the cliche "we've always done it that way" and always serve the patient as well as the caregiver. All my coworkers were eager to assist and answer questions, from receptionists to physicians to lab techs.

I was sad to leave at the end of my externship. This is a company I would eagerly work for if there were openings at a facility within convenient distance.
Great place to work in house
Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: work from home. flexible schedule
Cons: pay sucks. production based job. little tech support
I work at home as a transcriptionist, which is challenging because of the level of discipline required. Working in a patient first location I am told is great, especially working at the corporate office in Glen Allen. Sometimes breakfast, lunch or pastries are brought in. And there is always someones birthday or something to celebrate. The opportunity for advancement is great in house, but as a transcriptionist it is a dead end. There is a 1400 line per day quota, which takes about 10 months to 1 year to acheive, but once you achieve it, it is not hard to do for someone not burnt out by listening to ESL doctors. (English as a second language). The money at the 1400 line count minimal is not great, one really should type 2000 or 2400 lines a day for a decent paycheck. There is great flexibility as you have 24 hours to get your work done and you set your own schedule. Most of the managers are very accomodating, easy to deal with. There is really little communication once you're on your own. Just do your quota and if there is no issue or query, they pretty much leave you alone.
Professional
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 14, 2014
Take patients’ vital signs and follow up with timely and accurate charting procedures. Assist Health Care Providers with initial assessment of patients upon admission; reported changes in patients’ conditions and other matters of concern for immediate resolve. Maintain open lines of communication between patients, physician, staff, and laboratory/radiology personnel.
The best medical facility to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great company, great people, great pay
Patient First is by far one of the best medical facilities to work for. I worked there as a Medical Assistant. When I graduated from nursing school and accepted a job at another facility, I wanted to stay at Patient First as a Medical Assistant. My co-workers were thrilled that I liked the job so much but encouraged me to pursue nursing and come back as nurse in the future.
Great work environment and team work
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: the variety of patients, not much down time but it is never boring.
Cons: short breaks, but my manager is always cooking for us or ordering food.
The typical day is very steady patient flow. Never know what is coming through the door, every one works as part of a team to get the job done. Sometimes triaging multiple patients and ordering/performing labs can get overwhelming. But like I said my coworkers always step up and help out, this is why I love coming to work here.
Nice Work Enviorment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2014
Providing the best customer serivce to patients. The hardest part of the job is trying to provide good service, the enjoyable part is knowing that you did when your patients walks out happy and feeling better.
Stay away
RN (Former Employee), PaJuly 17, 2014
Pros: 7 hour shifts
Cons: short lunch or no lunch, pay, management
Serious issues with communication between management and staff. Watch your back. Called by HR for even the smallest misunderstanding. Not aloud to perform tests you may have done elsewhere several hundred times. Pay was abysmal for the responsibilities required, Despite 20 plus years experience! Computer program is complicated yet archaic! Why else would you need 180 hours of training? Must document the way they want you to...no matter what. There were some great people in the training department but that's where it ends. They say they are like family, but will stab you in the back at the end.

1 2 3 4