Patient First Employee Reviews in United States

Beautiful Work Environment and Beautiful Aesthetic Work
Practice Manager Vita Ageless Medical Aesthetics (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMay 23, 2016
Special women providing exceptional service and care to patients. Offers all aesthetic treatments including body contouring. Special skincare is AMAZING!
Fast paced but excellent work environment.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
I worked for Patient First in the past and am going to move back to Richmond in the near future. I would love to be able to be rehired and work for them again.
Pros
The Dr. that owned the centers knew everyone by name.
Productive, dedicated, fun
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 10, 2016
A very good place to work. They are productive. Like the name said, the patient is their number one priority. The employees help each other. The employees are dedicated to their jobs.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Excellent work environment
Employment status changed from Part-Time Special (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJMay 4, 2016
This a very employee friendly company, the staff are great and the company is very well structured. The company benefits are great and it is a very pleasant urgent care setting.
Medical transcription department is no place to be!
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2016
Unfortunately, the MT industry is not what it used to be. In 2015 I made exactly half what I made in 2007. Not only is MT a tedious, exacting job, but at Patient First your life is in the hands of your team leader. She has complete autonomy to make decisions that impact your productivity and subsequent pay. Not only that, but this job does not prepare you for future work in MT. Since the work consists of clinic notes and not acute care, other companies won't give you a second look. So you better play your cards right and suck up to your team leader, even if her actions reduce your pay, because it will be very difficult to find another job in this (failing) industry.
Pros
They allow a 23-hour window for completion of work, rather than an 8-hour shift.
Cons
Poor management decisions regarding their choice and training of their team leaders.
Overview
Registered Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 29, 2016
Great place to work, digital x-rays with a range of multiple x-rays in a day. Medical assistant work included. Work alongside doctors, good communication skills.
well structured company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 26, 2016
This company has an amazing training department that devotes an entire month to just training a new hire to Patient First ways. Employees throughout the company love their jobs and are compensated very well for their time. Motivated managers are always available to help patients and staff members.
Pros
Free lunches, discount healthcare for employees and families
Cons
Weekend work mandatory however is compensated
Extern Site
Medical Assistant - Extern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Patient First was the perfect place to go for my Extern. It allowed me to use my skills to assist patients. It also allowed me to continue to work my day job while I finished my Extern to complete school.
Pros
Friendly, fast paced.
Cons
For me the hours
horrible work place
Medical Assistant, Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day was very stressful, the doctor was very rude and inappropriate. He would yell at employees and sometimes even patients! The office was chaos, it was a mess, charts all over the floors, papers everywhere, he had the most outdated system. He used daysheets and a scheduling book. No computers at all. Which made it difficult to keep track of things in the clutter that he had but we werent allowed to clean it. He would try to make his medical assistants shovel his walkways and parking area in the winter. We had to sit with him and click his mouse on his computer for him, mostly so he could bid on objects on ebay! I dont know that I learned much there besides how not to treat employees and how not to run a doctors office!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
medical transcription
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 16, 2016
There are thousands upon thousands of transcriptionists in the USA desperate for a decent job. Patient First has a perpetual ad running. Do the math! Tedious and prolonged hiring process. HR keeps all fingers on hiring paperwork so they can yank it away for any perceived fault. Antiquated software. Reports must use absolute minimum words possible. Low pay rate. Insurance for home transcriptionists mediocre.
Pros
Basic insurance.
Cons
Odd, paranoid management. Paltry benefits.
very educational
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2016
they have exceptional teamwork. overall its well organized.The hardest part was leaving because intern was over. Enjoyed everyone, and received great knowledge feedback.
not bad
Medical Receptionist/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 11, 2016
not a bad workplace to work at. I dont feel like writing this review. DOnt remember much. Check it out if you are interested.
Scheduling and ordering for patients/ doctors
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAOctober 12, 2015
I would take payments for patients, also schedule appointments for them. I would also schedule orders of products and maintain shipping tracking orders.
Pros
Great benefits and rewarding feeling
Cons
Fast paced and life serious decisions
Worst place to work
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAOctober 5, 2015
This place is run like a military camp at the administrative office especially in the as insurance representative in patient accounts.
Pros
its a job
Cons
to much micro managing.
well trained staff
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 2, 2015
The center I worked at was a fast paced center sometimes seeing as many as 200 patients in a 16 hour work day and this meant that at least 75% of those patients would receive x-ray examinations.

In the seven years I worked there, there were little personality problems. For the most part everyone knew their job and what was expected of them and so everyone worked as team.

Since my retirement I miss most of the people I worked with and I occasionally go back and visit.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
difficult schedules
Excellent Company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDOctober 1, 2015
This is a excellent company to work for. They provide very good training to all of their new hires before turning them lose on the floor.
Great place for internship, truly helpful people
Medical Administrative Assistant, Internship (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 30, 2015
I truly learned a lot during my internship at Patient First; I was able to learn more about HIPAA, registration, and how to deal with a patient in need of immediate help.
Pros
Great hours, Flexible, and good benefits.
Cons
No breaks
Peaceful and fast pace invorment
Clerical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 28, 2015
Patient First was a very incredible career experience for me, i enjoyed working with patients and feeling of assistance and importance. My co-workers was pleasant to work with and it was great team work and support system.
Day in life of an Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 26, 2015
I would start and turn on all computers before we opened.
I would greet the patient and obtain their vital signs.
If needed would order labs.
For possible strep patients I would do a rapid strep test on them and run the test.
I assisted with EKG's.
I learned how to properly do an EKG.
The hardest for me was doing an EKG.
The enjoyable part was interacting with my fellow Medical Assistants.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Pharmacy Claims Specialists (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, Va.September 15, 2015
- My day starts at 6:30 am and I go non stop until 3:00 pm.
- Always helping centers and other staff members with issues.
- I have learned from upper management how to deal with difficult employees.
- I have no problem working with others.
- The hardest part of my job is keeping up with software changes when not given instructions.
- All the friendly staff I work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Several times a year we are treated to lunches/breakfasts.
Cons
Healthcare used to be better until we got so large they had to look at other plans.