Patient First Employee Reviews

great team players
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 23, 2016
Everyone does their job correctly helping each other out very professional and so much compassion for their patients clean friendly environment
Pros
very nice professional
Cons
No real breaks
great pay great work area
rental cerk (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 1, 2016
jones junction was very good to me. I never had a problem there everyone was very kind and was always willing to help. I enjoyed my time there and miss it all the time.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJAugust 16, 2016
I worked here for about a year. The company has a very family like environment, I literally loved everyone at my center. I enjoyed going to work. My manager truly cared my career development. I was part time but there was always hours available by going to other centers.
Pros
Family environment, team work
Cons
No shift differential unless you train
Radiologic Technologist
Do it all person (Former Employee) –  Northern VAJuly 20, 2016
Be prepared to only work 7 hour shifts, so 35 hours/wk FT. Part time is ONLY weekends! So, hope you can survive on 28 hours a MONTH! There is no room for advancement UNLESS you are a female tech (preferably non-married, without children & little tech experience). Also, look forward to triage patients, perform lab studies, assist with sutures & splinting, cleaning up vomit/diarrhea, handling all computer issues & cleaning the parking lot/building...all while doing x-rays too! Plan to work 365 days a year. You will be required to sign off on new policy changes every day. You MUST wear certain color polo shirts with only 3 buttons (tucked in) & white scrub pants. ONLY solid white shoes, minimal jewelry, certain hair styles & no tattoos. You will be put in a QA book every day for the tiniest infraction (marker slightly off film, technique isn't perfect, using capital letters instead of lower case letters & visa versa). MUST BE TEXTBOOK IMAGES 100% AT ALL TIMES! HR department will not help you even if you're in the right & will make promises & then take them back. All while denying they ever made certain promises. They will be sure to deny you for continuing education even if you qualify & followed the guidelines to the letter! P.S. never go to Central Park location!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great atmosphere to work in
System Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2016
 Resolved PC related issues, computer equipment problems and communication problems
 Logged all calls in the MIS support system and coordinated file save tape operations on a daily basis
 Maintained center and MIS computer supply inventory
Bad vibes
INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVEINSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 24, 2016
Ancient technology used. Not an eco-friendly company either. Wasted $37,000 annually on paper claims that didn't even need to be printed out in the first place simply because they will not upgrade their technologies. Ir dept supervisor keeps her door shut at all times and does not want to be bothered yet requires you to basically "sign in & out" every time you go to the bathroom. The company could be great to work for from what I heard but from my experience not in this field if you're in to medical billing/coding I would run for the hills.
Cons
MANAGEMENT
I enjoy meeting different people
Patient Representative & Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Patient First. I would love to work there again part-time. I think there are many opportunities there to grow with the company.
ok
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 26, 2016
not bad working here try it if you want to wouldnt go back. staff is friendly doctor is great. hours are great. pay is not.there is nothing else to write
Beautiful Work Environment and Beautiful Aesthetic Work
Practice Manager Vita Ageless Medical Aesthetics (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMay 23, 2016
Special women providing exceptional service and care to patients. Offers all aesthetic treatments including body contouring. Special skincare is AMAZING!
Fast paced but excellent work environment.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
I worked for Patient First in the past and am going to move back to Richmond in the near future. I would love to be able to be rehired and work for them again.
Pros
The Dr. that owned the centers knew everyone by name.
Productive, dedicated, fun
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 10, 2016
A very good place to work. They are productive. Like the name said, the patient is their number one priority. The employees help each other. The employees are dedicated to their jobs.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Excellent work environment
Employment status changed from Part-Time Special (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJMay 4, 2016
This a very employee friendly company, the staff are great and the company is very well structured. The company benefits are great and it is a very pleasant urgent care setting.
Medical transcription department is no place to be!
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2016
Unfortunately, the MT industry is not what it used to be. In 2015 I made exactly half what I made in 2007. Not only is MT a tedious, exacting job, but at Patient First your life is in the hands of your team leader. She has complete autonomy to make decisions that impact your productivity and subsequent pay. Not only that, but this job does not prepare you for future work in MT. Since the work consists of clinic notes and not acute care, other companies won't give you a second look. So you better play your cards right and suck up to your team leader, even if her actions reduce your pay, because it will be very difficult to find another job in this (failing) industry.
Pros
They allow a 23-hour window for completion of work, rather than an 8-hour shift.
Cons
Poor management decisions regarding their choice and training of their team leaders.
Overview
Registered Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 29, 2016
Great place to work, digital x-rays with a range of multiple x-rays in a day. Medical assistant work included. Work alongside doctors, good communication skills.
well structured company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 26, 2016
This company has an amazing training department that devotes an entire month to just training a new hire to Patient First ways. Employees throughout the company love their jobs and are compensated very well for their time. Motivated managers are always available to help patients and staff members.
Pros
Free lunches, discount healthcare for employees and families
Cons
Weekend work mandatory however is compensated
Extern Site
Medical Assistant - Extern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Patient First was the perfect place to go for my Extern. It allowed me to use my skills to assist patients. It also allowed me to continue to work my day job while I finished my Extern to complete school.
Pros
Friendly, fast paced.
Cons
For me the hours
horrible work place
Medical Assistant, Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day was very stressful, the doctor was very rude and inappropriate. He would yell at employees and sometimes even patients! The office was chaos, it was a mess, charts all over the floors, papers everywhere, he had the most outdated system. He used daysheets and a scheduling book. No computers at all. Which made it difficult to keep track of things in the clutter that he had but we werent allowed to clean it. He would try to make his medical assistants shovel his walkways and parking area in the winter. We had to sit with him and click his mouse on his computer for him, mostly so he could bid on objects on ebay! I dont know that I learned much there besides how not to treat employees and how not to run a doctors office!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
medical transcription
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 16, 2016
There are thousands upon thousands of transcriptionists in the USA desperate for a decent job. Patient First has a perpetual ad running. Do the math! Tedious and prolonged hiring process. HR keeps all fingers on hiring paperwork so they can yank it away for any perceived fault. Antiquated software. Reports must use absolute minimum words possible. Low pay rate. Insurance for home transcriptionists mediocre.
Pros
Basic insurance.
Cons
Odd, paranoid management. Paltry benefits.
very educational
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2016
they have exceptional teamwork. overall its well organized.The hardest part was leaving because intern was over. Enjoyed everyone, and received great knowledge feedback.
not bad
Medical Receptionist/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 11, 2016
not a bad workplace to work at. I dont feel like writing this review. DOnt remember much. Check it out if you are interested.