Patient First Employee Reviews

With better leadership this would've been a awesome job
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: poor leadership
Wonderful place to work with the right leadership. I enjoyed working with a group of people who love to help others. If this company had a better leader, it could've been a great place to work.
Great Employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pasedena MarylandJuly 9, 2015
Pros: room for promotion
Cons: short breaks
Patient first is a great place to work I love every aspect of it and the co-workers are great to they all have great teamwork.
Family work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), 6333 Baltimore National PikeJune 29, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, Variety, triage
Cons: Short break, poor health care benefits
What I love about my workplace is no matter how busy we are, or what type of patients we see that day, we all work as a team to get through the day. We are care about each other's personal lives, and offer support inside and outside of work. Patient First is about servicing the community,
Fast pace
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2015
Patient First was a fun and fast pace place to work, with something to occupy your time at all times. I learned from working there about the EHR. It was very complicated at first but within a week things were much easier for me to learn, and everyone was very patent with me.
Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAJune 3, 2015
Throughout my employment with my current employer there has never been a dull moment. It is very fast paced. I have learned a lot in regard to the medical field. My co-workers are pleasant and very helpful. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with everything and bringing patients back to triage them. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is interacting with the patients.
Caters to folks that has longevity with them
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 5, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch breaks, most of the docs were cool
Cons: Not enough hours, phony people, hard on new people
The staff was okay outside all the gossiping and backstabbing. I would tell anybody if your gonna do anything involving the medical field you might as well go for your RN for all the trouble. As a MA your are expendable especially with these people that's why they are always hiring. The pay is okay just don't plan on buying a house off it.
Interesting
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Privatized
I liked this company for the reason that I could actually interact with the owner and form a personal business relationship.
Fun place to work with advancement opportunities.
Referral Data Specialist / Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I haven't worked there in a long time but they had a lot of room for advancement and my typical day included patient billing responsibilities and assisting the credentialing department with credentialing and organization of physicians..
Productive, busy and a growing business
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDApril 4, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: No breaks, health insurance benefits terrible
Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate department
Greeting Patients and Clients
Directing family members and loved ones to other loved ones
Registering and providing optimal patient services by assisting with
medical records, insurance clarification and benefits
Assisting Nurses and Doctors in emergency care
Processing daily reports
Distribute mail to the correct departments and process accordingly
Receive faxes, file, distribute or process as necessary
Monitor waiting room for patient assistance and help
Assisting with daily deposit
Patient Care Tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Pasadena, MDMarch 30, 2015
Would triage patients as they came into the facility to be seen by a doctor. They would come in for many reasons. I enjoyed working here for the variety and meeting all types of people with all the different personalities.
Technologist job that allows me to use my skills to better service the patients
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: i manage my own time throughout the day while working with other coworker
Manage daily protocols,
Provide Radiation Safety to patients
interact and provide top quality customer service
Provide efficient images, while preserving quality excellence
I love being a CT and Rad Tech
A staff friendly place to work
Staff Nurse, Care Manager and Nurse Trainer (Current Employee), Waldrof MarylandFebruary 1, 2015
I am currently working as a nurse trainer with the company. I travel to any given center in the Maryland area and provide training for new employees. I teach them our policies and procedures. Instruct use on our computer system and assist on function on the floor as part of our medical team.
I have learned a great deal working at Patient Frist and have been certified in ACLS and PALS.
Our management team from corporate to center level are very supportive and helpful. Not only to they assist in the work place but are will to help out in personal issues if requested.
I enjoy working with all the staff at each center from registration, nurses, medical assistants, Providers, la and x-ray staff. I believe we work well as a team and provide support as needed.
I really enjoy my job, staff and patients. I truly don't find anything hard about the job except maybe the traveling to some of our further centers.
Fast paced, diversified, professional medical facility
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Chester, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: diverse patient illnesses/complaints
Cons: short staffing
Patient First is an urgent care facility; a typical work day is very fast paced. Patients, adults as well as children, are seen for a variety of illnesses. In addition, physicals and drug screenings are performed. Time management, as well as organizational skills, play an important part in my work day.

I have learned, and fine tuned, my skills as Medical Assistant. Accuracy in vital signs, phlebotomy and EKGs has been refined.
I have proven to be a team player, as well as dependable and flexible in regard to my work schedule.

Management has consistently provided an open door policy, being fair to all employees. I have had the opportunity to mentor several of my co-workers who were new to this field.

As customer service plays a huge role in health care, the hardest part of my job has been the sometimes unavoidable wait time for my patients. However, this also provided a goal for myself, and my co-workers, to strive toward.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been the satisfaction of being an important member of a professional team. It is extremely rewarding to have provided good care to my patients, as well as representing Patient First in the most professional manner.
Fast Paced & Extremely Detail Oriented
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Odenton, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: the work schedule was condusive to my schedule for my pre-schooler, til he goes full-time this september.
Cons: unable to get get full time day hours & needed to also work on the weekend.
This was a good job to get back into the Medical field after being on a break of 3 years raising my son.
Very little direct patient contact. In centers, medical assistants did patient assessments.
nurse, call center (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: live close to call center campus.
Cons: mostly ate lunch alone.
Required to punch in and out in three different systems. Had weekly call reviews and monthly staff meetings although most of my coworkers work from home.
Patient Frist was a very productive work enivroment
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Mechanicville vaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great doctors
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day would be busy and, I would be collecting vital signs, preparing exam rooms, cleaning medical equipment and folding gowns.

I learned a lot working there, the other employees helped me a lot

The hardest part was not disappointing the doctors when they ask for your help
Wonderful Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Leesburg, VADecember 31, 2014
Loved working at Patient First. Loved being fast pace and enjoyed working with the company. People we amazing and always helped when you needed it.
Ensure Policies and pt care is upheld
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 23, 2014
Pros: having good co workers, always being informed
Cons: nothing bad about the company
I open and close the office, I greet patients as they come in by their name for medical help, I collect co pays and debts pass due. I assess the patient for nurse evaluation if necessary. We fill out the necessary forms for management when corrections are needed and I insure that Pt demographics are updated and insurance info is correct.
DO NOT WORK HERE
//////// (Former Employee), ///////December 13, 2014
Cons: poor management
The East Norriton, PA location is filled with nothing but a bunch of back stabbing staff members who gossip all day long. The Director Of Medical Support has a very nasty attitude towards people of color. The Patient Service Coordinator is just as bad. She only cares about herself. This is not a good place to work AT ALL!!!
Fun place to work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Manassas, VANovember 14, 2014
Very good place to work and have fun. Opportunity to grown and learn. Overall had a good experience here.