Patient First Employee Reviews

Extern Site
Medical Assistant - Extern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Patient First was the perfect place to go for my Extern. It allowed me to use my skills to assist patients. It also allowed me to continue to work my day job while I finished my Extern to complete school.
Pros
Friendly, fast paced.
Cons
For me the hours
horrible work place
Medical Assistant, Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day was very stressful, the doctor was very rude and inappropriate. He would yell at employees and sometimes even patients! The office was chaos, it was a mess, charts all over the floors, papers everywhere, he had the most outdated system. He used daysheets and a scheduling book. No computers at all. Which made it difficult to keep track of things in the clutter that he had but we werent allowed to clean it. He would try to make his medical assistants shovel his walkways and parking area in the winter. We had to sit with him and click his mouse on his computer for him, mostly so he could bid on objects on ebay! I dont know that I learned much there besides how not to treat employees and how not to run a doctors office!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
medical transcription
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 16, 2016
There are thousands upon thousands of transcriptionists in the USA desperate for a decent job. Patient First has a perpetual ad running. Do the math! Tedious and prolonged hiring process. HR keeps all fingers on hiring paperwork so they can yank it away for any perceived fault. Antiquated software. Reports must use absolute minimum words possible. Low pay rate. Insurance for home transcriptionists mediocre.
Pros
Basic insurance.
Cons
Odd, paranoid management. Paltry benefits.
very educational
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2016
they have exceptional teamwork. overall its well organized.The hardest part was leaving because intern was over. Enjoyed everyone, and received great knowledge feedback.
not bad
Medical Receptionist/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 11, 2016
not a bad workplace to work at. I dont feel like writing this review. DOnt remember much. Check it out if you are interested.
Scheduling and ordering for patients/ doctors
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAOctober 12, 2015
I would take payments for patients, also schedule appointments for them. I would also schedule orders of products and maintain shipping tracking orders.
Pros
Great benefits and rewarding feeling
Cons
Fast paced and life serious decisions
Worst place to work
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAOctober 5, 2015
This place is run like a military camp at the administrative office especially in the as insurance representative in patient accounts.
Pros
its a job
Cons
to much micro managing.
well trained staff
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 2, 2015
The center I worked at was a fast paced center sometimes seeing as many as 200 patients in a 16 hour work day and this meant that at least 75% of those patients would receive x-ray examinations.

In the seven years I worked there, there were little personality problems. For the most part everyone knew their job and what was expected of them and so everyone worked as team.

Since my retirement I miss most of the people I worked with and I occasionally go back and visit.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
difficult schedules
Excellent Company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDOctober 1, 2015
This is a excellent company to work for. They provide very good training to all of their new hires before turning them lose on the floor.
Great place for internship, truly helpful people
Medical Administrative Assistant, Internship (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 30, 2015
I truly learned a lot during my internship at Patient First; I was able to learn more about HIPAA, registration, and how to deal with a patient in need of immediate help.
Pros
Great hours, Flexible, and good benefits.
Cons
No breaks
Peaceful and fast pace invorment
Clerical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 28, 2015
Patient First was a very incredible career experience for me, i enjoyed working with patients and feeling of assistance and importance. My co-workers was pleasant to work with and it was great team work and support system.
Day in life of an Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 26, 2015
I would start and turn on all computers before we opened.
I would greet the patient and obtain their vital signs.
If needed would order labs.
For possible strep patients I would do a rapid strep test on them and run the test.
I assisted with EKG's.
I learned how to properly do an EKG.
The hardest for me was doing an EKG.
The enjoyable part was interacting with my fellow Medical Assistants.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Pharmacy Claims Specialists (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, Va.September 15, 2015
- My day starts at 6:30 am and I go non stop until 3:00 pm.
- Always helping centers and other staff members with issues.
- I have learned from upper management how to deal with difficult employees.
- I have no problem working with others.
- The hardest part of my job is keeping up with software changes when not given instructions.
- All the friendly staff I work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Several times a year we are treated to lunches/breakfasts.
Cons
Healthcare used to be better until we got so large they had to look at other plans.
Fast-paced place
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 8, 2015
It is very fast-paced but an excellent place to learn. You get to see different things every day which makes it exciting. Never got bored throughout my whole internship.
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 7, 2015
I have been with patient first for about 2 years and it is a great place to work. It is a busy day depending on what center you work at, but your co workers can help make the best of it.

I have been trained in phlebotomy, IV, as well as orthopedic applications.

There is a lot of opportunities for advancement and there is no time limit in which you can take these advances.
Pros
Paid lunch, great benefits, flexible hours, double pay, many locations
Excellent OB/GYN Doctors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
This is a very large practice, something happening every minute. I learned so much about medical coding and billing, The employees were nice to be with and I became good friends with some of them that I still see today. Management was very rigid and unforgiving. This was the most difficult part of the job for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was training new employees and watching them become more comfortable and confident in their abilities.
Pros
Beautiful office space, good raises and occasional bonuses.
Cons
Fear of constantly being judged and not being told what was wrong until it was too late to fix it.
Healthcare work experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2015
This being my first job right out of college is very rewarding in many ways. I have gained knowledge and experience that I would not have anywhere else. For example, operating an ECG, drawing blood, and being able to recognize basic symptoms of diseases. However, like most jobs there are pros and cons. Some of the cons I believe are out of my control such as dress code, while others perhaps with proper communication a common ground maybe achieved. Over all as a starting point, this job serves its purpose as stepping stone to my future career.
A great office to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHAugust 24, 2015
A great work experience in a small doctors office. Multi tasking was one of the many things I learned how to do. Management was always there to answer questions since this was a learn as you go job. The relationships I built with my co workers are now lifetime friends. Leaving this job was the hardest part I really enjoyed working here with the relationships I built with not only my co works but my clients.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks.
fun work place
Extern student (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 23, 2015
Great place to work at as an extern. Learned a lot of very useful things in the CMA field.Very fast pase. Always learning new things.
Pros
fun work place, fast pase
Cons
some emplyoees belittled others in lower postions
Flexible Schedule, Ample Work
Medical Transcriptionist, Remote (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 21, 2015
Great work-life balance with the opportunity to determine personal earning potential. It really is up to you. The teams are openly communicative, and even though remote, there is still a strong sense of community. Rapid corporate growth is not hindering the small firm feel.