Patient First Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2017
At patient First, I just did my internship in phlebotomy. But over all, it is a great place to work. At patient First, there is team work and the work is competitive.
Balanced Work Environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDAugust 10, 2017
Patient first is a family of great people to work with. Management is amazing and works with you to be your best. There are also great opportunities to grow within the company!
Interesting Place to work
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 7, 2017
Patient First is a fast paced environment. Multitasking and excellent customer service is an absolute requirement. You can enjoy the flexibility of switching shifts with others as needed.
Pros
You get paid for lunch breaks
Cons
Breaks are not guaranteed
Great for straight-forward, non-complicated episodic illness/evaluation
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21044August 2, 2017
A growing company that provides both primary and episodic care to communities throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and New Jersey. Providers are knowledgeable and the goal is to deliver evidenced based care as efficiently as possible. Overall, a good experience if interested in either urgent/emergency nursing, or even primary care outpatient nursing.
Productive and fun place to work
RN Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 30, 2017
Worked with an excellent, dedicated staff. Work was demanding and stressful, but also deeply rewarding. A typical day was always different. People with different illnesses and emergencies would come into the center at any time. The managers were always willing to work with you and looked at you as a co-worker. The best part of the job was seeing people go home healthier and happier than they were when they came in.
happy dependable hard worker
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2017
I work well with others. I love people interaction. I learned to do venapunctures very well. I met many different people with diverse backgrounds and I loved it.
Pros
friendly people as well as coworkers
Cons
short externship
Great teamwork
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2017
Typical day would be rooming patients, vitals, assisting physicians, inputting information into EMR, and assisting lab and radiology techs. The hardest part of my job was standing for 7 hours a day even if it was not busy.
Pros
Great team
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Patient First
CMA extern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 22, 2017
I was an extern with Patient First, so I was not paid and was not able to receive any of the benefits they had. I performed several blood draws, and their training allowed me to overcome my anxiety of drawing blood.
working in a diverse community is a very good learning experience
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 21, 2017
While living in Tucson which is a very diverse community I worked with many people, including autistic children, blind adults, parapalegics, stroke diabetes I learned a variety of techniques from many nurses and adopted quickly to the variety of clients My clients enjoyed having me as I am a very happy cheerful person and love my job I believe there is no challenge to big and I strive to make the best of everything in any situation
Productive work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 17, 2017
I love working here. The staff and benefits are superb!! Everyone looks out for each other. Need time off or cant come in for any reason, they make sure its covered. My husband is always gone due to military and we have a new baby and no sitter. The staff is very understanding and make sure my schedule works for me. They treat each other like family. I haven't had any issues with anyone i work with. This is the best job I've held thus far. I'd definitely recommend
great place to work, hard to move up
intern (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 15, 2017
great place to work, great work environment. hard to advance, only way to advance is by knowing the higher ups or family. other than that great money to be made
Externship
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 13, 2017
Patient First gave me the needed experience, and training required to obtain a position in the medical field. I was able to hone my skills, and overcome some of my obstacles.
Staff is wonderful. Job is hectic. Will be crosstrained and expected to perform as a Medical Assistant also.
Radiologic Technologist R.T.(R) (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work if you like a very fast pace, working weekends and evenings, and thorough training in policy and procedure. They are explicit and demanding in the way one should perform their duties. Will be expected to also work as a Medical Assistant during your Xray shift. Staff is very friendly!
Pros
Excellent training in policy and procedure
Cons
No lunch break and uniforms are white pants/white shoes/polo tops
Good place for beginers
Medical Assistant (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23228July 13, 2017
They train you,
Family like environment
Work hours can be flexible (you can pick up more shift or give away)
The company has inside work Job openings posting current employees can apply and move up in positions.
good
TRAINER/ MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 12, 2017
I have worked for PF for 6 years and everything was great, management was good, and training was great. I loved to travel to all the different centers and train different trainees.
Highly recommend
Business Development Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 28, 2017
Great place to work! I highly recommend as the culture is fast paced but relaxed. Great benefits and plenty of opportunities to grow if you are an individual who is looking to do so.
Very stressful company to work at.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 21, 2017
A very stressful location to work at. A lot of gossiping and backstabbing especially on new employees. No team work here. So sad. Nurse in charge all day on cell phone or playing games on tablet. Gets upset when she has to work. Providers making patients wait a long time in those little cubicles, while they're having personal conversations. Definitely this location should be investigated. Walk away if you're offered a position here. I'm about to the same.
Pros
Cons
Lots!
Terrible company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 14, 2017
Worked as a medical assistant. I learned a lot. The supervisor had her favorite medical assistants and when they were doing things wrong they wouldn't get written up but I would get written and have go to training. I was expected to find coverage in unexpected circumstances due my medical condition. The second day on my job my supervisor was texting to her favorite coworker about me saying I was driving her nuts. They didn't like accommodating me at all due my medical condition all. My doctor didn't want me getting out of work at 10pm and coming back in at 7:45am the next day. My supervisor says that's not fair we have to accommodate you because of your condition. The last day I work for patient first my supervisor didn't even say good bye to me or acknowledge me. She would always yell at me and treat all the other medical assistants friendly. The doctors at vcu told me I needed to leave patient first immediately. Since I left the company I am feel like I am a normal person.
Pros
7 Hour shifts with paid lunchs
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, People backstabbing you
Fun workplace
Medical Records/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 13, 2017
Worked with a lot of great co-workers. Everyone was laid back and helped everyone out. It was a busy office but that's when team work came into place and our manager came out of her office to help out
good quality of care, treated respectfully
Provider (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 12, 2017
The positive out weighted the negative. Nice patients coworkers and staff. Helpful much of the time. Sometimes second and third provider coverage for increased patient volume seemed limited and preferentially assigned. Nepotism was rampant within the provider and ancillary staff. Frequent back stabbing- "head games" and staff splitting was a preferred management style at the main facility that I worked. He often complained about too many work hours which infuriated many of the providers/extenders. It didn't seem at the time very true. Other centers seemed by reputation and personal experience to be different. The sampling size may have been unfair.
Pros
additional hours always available.
Cons
base hourly wage somewhat low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patient First. Our community is ready to answer.