Patient First Employee Reviews

Flexible work environment and allows you to learn and grow with the company.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJanuary 30, 2017
Patient First allows you to be able to move into new positions and roles in the company. Excellent staff to work with and flexible working hours. Encourage you to continue your education. You work with a vey diverse group of individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. You form patient relationship with the patients and enhance your customer service experience.
Pros
Raises when you have your annual evaluations
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great Place
Remittance Processor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Patient First is a great place to work for and they really appreciate their employees. I am currently a Remittance processor and some of my day to day duties are posting online and call center payments, upload scans into patient charts, write off bankruptcy accounts and adjust any discounts insurance companies make on patient accounts. The environment is comfortable and friendly. It is a fast pace environment and you have to work fast to get things done before any patient receives a bill in the mail.
Pros
Potluck every month
Cons
Main office is in Virginia and there is no growth in the KOP Office
Managers Make a Hostile work Enviroment
Patient Satisfaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2017
I've been with Patient first for about a year and a half almost two years. My coworkers are great. They are the only reason the job is worth it. Management is horrible. They do not promote growth. They constantly talk down on you. They truly believe in quantity over quality and don't care if the patient is hurt in the end. They just want their numbers met.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers, half hour lunch, two fifteen minute breaks, bonuses
Bad Management
PA-C (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 9, 2017
I worked a number of years with Patient First. When I started it was an employee/family oriented company. Unfortunately, over the years management was destroyed by "nepotism hires" and there is no longer any support in management for the "real" employees or providers. They only care about management perks and keeping every center open and making $$$.
Pros
Productivity and shift coverage bonuses
Cons
working too many evenings, weekends, and holidays; open 365 days a year
Not happy
Medical Records Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 24, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering calls for 8hrs and faxing medical records. The management team for our department could be better or needs to change. They have NO compassion when you're sick or if there's a death in the family. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my coworkers, minus management. The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated. I have learned to not trust everyone with a smiling face and to come to work, do my job and go home.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
no compassion for life issues from management
Nice atmosphere to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Training is not as in depth as it should be. There should be a more extensive training schedule before beginning to work alone. Nice place to work. Coworkers and management staff are very nice and encouraging.
Pros
Friendly staff, opportunities to grow.
Cons
Cannot leave for breaks or lunch.
Fast-paced, fulfilling and engaging work
Remittance Processor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 9, 2017
Through my experiences, I've learned how to manage time, cash, and various urgent tasks. The management is great to work with - they are helpful but also push you to achieve your best potential. The administrative office is a good mix of individual and team-oriented work.
Great Companyto work for!
NURSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VAFebruary 7, 2017
Fast paced, fun enviroment, great teamwork. Great benefits, flexible schedule. The entire company is great, all aspectsof management are involved in the day to day operations and the head of the company regularly visits and chats with all staff.
Pros
benefits, flexibilty, great staff
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 27, 2016
I've been at PF for almost 2 years a they offer reasonable compensation/benefits. The staff is very friendly and works well as a team! It's a large company and we all get along very well considering there are so many centers to consider! Everyone goes through excellent training to be prepared to provide excellent patient care.
Great work place
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 27, 2016
This company is a great place to work for!! Training program is very helpful once hired. Very organized management for each department. Everyone I have worked with are friendly and we all work as a team. Management notices your hard work and provide incentives to show their appreciation. The patient volume is busy and also steady at times. The atmosphere is positive. I love working here!
Overall staff is friendly and helpful.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 9, 2017
The externship was a helpful way of getting an insight of what a 'medical assistant' role consists of, in a clinical setting. The program and training is great and the way patients are seen and aided is overall fair.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Employment Process
part-time postion
MT Generalist/Stat Lab (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2017
Part-time position.Working as a generalist in a team to achieve the shortest turn around to get the patient's results out to aide in their recovery to health.
Pros
Working in Hematology depart was is my favorite place to work
Cons
part-time only
Providing exceptional customer service is awesome
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 10, 2017
Patient First is a company providing great service to it's patients. Our focus is to ensure a safe and healthy experience. I really enjoyed each and every encounter with my patients.
great place to work and close to home
Registration-Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 29, 2016
easygoing friendly place and flexible to work for but wish I could get more hours there and love the benefits but not much room for growth or potential
Pros
nice people
Cons
part time only available
Great company to work for
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 19, 2016
Patient First works well as a part time position. Great owner he visits each center 3 0r 4 times a year. Work well with co-workers. worked with many different people, just get to know a little about them and work atmosphere is good.
Great Company
Transcription Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2016
Patient first is the best company I worked for however the management is awful. The management do not promote growth. I would love to continue working at the company but management issues is affecting my health.
Pros
Great incentives, great to employess
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Was a great environment to learn in. The doctors and their staff were very informative . I was able to interact with different cultures and learn the many differences in which they choose health care.
Pros
great staff
Cons
The pay is ok, no balance between work/ and life out side of work due to, up and down schedules
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 9, 2016
Greet patients
triage wait room
fax/copy/type
register/ discharge patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJAugust 16, 2016
I worked here for about a year. The company has a very family like environment, I literally loved everyone at my center. I enjoyed going to work. My manager truly cared my career development. I was part time but there was always hours available by going to other centers.
Pros
Family environment, team work
Cons
No shift differential unless you train
Productive and fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 4, 2016
Fast paced work place where everyone got along and kept a busy steady shift. Very nice place to work for. Will locate you to other Patient Firsts if you need more hours.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patient First. Our community is ready to answer.