The IT Business Analyst is primarily focused on managing all facets of technical projects to ensure deliverables are met within schedule, budget and quality goals. This position entails understanding and documenting business needs, identifying process improvements and performing technology transfers. The position is also involved from inception through implementation of any large development effort and will contribute to the configuration and/or development of delivered solutions as well as perform systems analysis. As an IT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for managing the project lifecycle from reviewing business requirements and development activities through production delivery.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project team and stakeholders
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path
- Develops communications documents (Project status, project milestones, Notification, Training guide, user-manuals etc.)
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations such as level of effort, System Approaches, Outline high-level flow, Release notes etc.
- Gathers volume forecast information in order to identify and support infrastructure needs
- Collaborates with Support/technical staff, applications development, and the data owners/subject matter experts during various phases of project lifecycle
- Collaborates with the team to create and maintain System/Architecture Documentation
- Strong Organizational/ Communication skills
- Expertise with different delivery methodologies (PMP, ITIL, RUP and Waterfall) is optional, but nice to have
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Gather Business Requirements and create Quality Assurance documentation.
- Translating requirements into highly technical specifications.
- Determining the potential solutions and testing them for both technical and business compatibility.
- A relevant industry certification (CBAP, ITIL, PMP, etc.) is a plus
- Demonstrated capacity for problem clarification and resolution in relation to business systems and database services
- Ability to plan, schedule and complete work under limited supervision, including on-call availability to support global requirements
- Ability to plan and manage projects to predefined objectives and goals, and demonstrate knowledge and experience in project management dimensions and methodology
- Ability to think conceptually, analyses situations and technologies, respond to and resolve, and identify and allocate priorities
- Engage in solutions design, configuration and/or development
- Explore, identify and document business requirements (exposing root cause) understanding and prioritizing dependencies
- Perform business analysis, business process re-engineering, requirements gathering and problem solving in support of a specific business user community
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one (1) technical component such as a requirements gathering (interview techniques, JAD sessions, questionnaires), requirements analysis (documentation: sequence, activity, state, or UML diagrams; prioritization, cost/benefit, gap, traceability analysis), business process re-engineering (current/future process/data flows, time studies) or project management
- Demonstrated expert PC skills including proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure and develop applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information to a diverse population
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work
- A strong understanding of the state of the market for health care revenue cycle tools including one or more patient accounting systems and various "bolt on" vendors available in the marketplace
Indeed - 6 months ago
A company devoted to enhancing the patient's experience while improving patient receivable performance for healthcare providers....