Patina Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Poorly managed.
Executive Sous Chef/Banquet Chef (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Lack of marketing skills considering we were opening a brand-new Cafe. Executive Chef was not a leader but was an egotistical bigot that lacked culinary artistry.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, no overtime. *Illegal*
You can meet the right people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
Granted you try to do your best and do better than others while not throwing anyone under the bus, you can meet some great people and work amazing jobs learning the best and newest ideas in the culinary world. The pay is really low but you do get to work with some of the best chefs in the world so it's a great place to learn and start.
Pros
high profile jobs, excellent management
Cons
low pay
Medium tier restaurant group
Area Beverage Director for six restaurants (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I learned as much as I could. Overall, management is understaffed. It's a great place to make your way to a higher end and more competitive restaurant group.
Pros
Free lunch and internal spending $$$ for management.
Cons
No communication. Outdated systemware. Weekly inventory.
Very good
Bar back (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 1, 2017
Good and friendly people and also the tips was really good and the people that came in was kind and generous. Manager didn't help a lot but was there when we needed her and also help us when we ask her for some help.
Pros
Friendly, clean, and generous
part time job in la music center
Intermissions Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2017
4 hour shifts as an intermissions bartender. Fast paced, good tips. Easy to enable study or other endeavors while working. NOT optimal for time= money but a good fit for people who appreciate or study live performance and music.
It a very fun place to work at.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
At this work environment that we work every day it's a tough day every day. Because we have lots of things to do in a very short period of time. We always give our 200%.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
Flexible schedule and non-micromanagement. Great bosses who understand family obligations a plus! Freedom to work at your own pace as long as your work is completed. Great place to work!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Downtown traffic
Fun Place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 18, 2017
I worked at the hollywood bowl during the summers for Patina and it was fast paced but very fun and busy. This was a great job and work environment. The pay was low.
Communicative and fast pace at the hostess desk.
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 12, 2017
In a typical day at the Tortilla Jo's host stand, it would typically always be busy. I learned a lot about being patient with customers and peers. There were always a lot of managers on the floor to see to any problem. Everyone is very nice and hospitable . The hardest part of the job were the weekends when there could easily be a 2 hour wait. The most enjoyable is having a friendly supportive environment.
Stressful and poorly compensated
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2017
Average Day: Work wasn't bad, pretty simple stuff on the production list.

What I learned: The fine points of a high volume pastry production.

Management: Poor. Treated workers with little respect. Advancement was awful, pay was awful, everyone was expendable.

Workplace culture: Isolated.

Hardest part of the job: Communication and speed with unfamiliar tasks. Was often thrown into the deep end with little explanation or training. Language barrier made it difficult to communicate with coworkers.

The most enjoyable part of the job: It was fun to be part of a team that made wonderful desserts.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, poor pay, poor management
great experience
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 26, 2017
great! good money and good co workers. Sometimes long hours but the people around and shift leads made it well worth it. Not too hard of work ........
high volume and steady hustle
via napoli (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 26, 2017
The job is a good starter when it comes to cooking mass quantity for Disney. I have enjoyed the pizzia making and handmaking sauces and love coming in to work
Working for a well known company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2017
Restaurant is my passion and I don't know anything else. I started in the business as a dishwasher and went up the ladder.
Just looking for a nice and professional place where I express my knowledge and grow up in position.
Restaurant Company
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Currently there is a bit of change in the company dynamic creating a confusing culture at times. The company is still evolving.
Poor Work Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Poor work environment
Poor leadership and organizational chart
Poor benefits packaging
Overall, bad experience with corporate culture and how my coworkers and I were treated andvalued
Great place to work, but not as a primary livelihood.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 2, 2017
The management team always seemed a bit flustered, but the job itself was not demanding. There was a lot of standing around during the downtime (when the show was going on), but plenty to do once the audience came out of the show. Pay was minimum wage plus whatever negligible tips you might make; the drive to Costa Mesa every day ended up costing more than I was making, so I had to quit. However, I got to work in a beautiful performing arts center and hear the first act of Broadway-style shows every day, and if finances allowed it I would gladly go back.
great place to work
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2017
calm environment, beautiful views due to its location in the Brooklyn botanical gardens. Great staff and even better customers! room for growth if wanted.
Great Work Place
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  orlandoJanuary 24, 2017
Although it was always good to come in to work and interact with all the employees and guest, unfortunately there is no advancement. The pay is not that great, but you do learn a lot about the culture and to move fast and effective.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
No Advancements
Great Place to work.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2016
Patina's company culture is pleasant, management makes sure you are taken care of. They make sure you get hours and care about helping you reach goals.
Poor pay, poor hours, irate management
Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2016
Unfortunately the Patina restaurant at the concert hall is in former state of it's old glory. Not a shift goes by where you aren't screamed at for hours. Everyone hates their jobs, and the tip system there is archaic and leaves you living paycheck to paycheck.
Avoid
Pros
Water Sommelier
Cons
Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patina Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.