Patina Restaurant Group Employee Reviews in United States

Very Professional Work Place with Exquisite Cuisine
Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2015
Serving to upscale crowds in a very fast pace setting.Friendly helpful team captains and co-workers.Idea job for a college student
Pros
Free lunch great pay
Cons
Not as many hours as I would like.
Fast Paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
It's a face paced environment working for multi-restaurant company. You're constantly moving and working non-stop for the satisfaction of customers and clients.
Pros
Salary & Commission based sales, employee restaurant card, 30% discount
short, but sweet emplyment
server (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 18, 2015
I worked briefly for Patina Catering which was under Patina Restaurant Group for two years between 2010 and 2012. It was usually late night as we would setup and breakdown venues for banquets and wedding receptions, as well as serving food, wine and appetizers.

I enjoyed it a lot because there wasn't much downtime. We would be briefed on the menu when we arrived and then we go out to setup. Then once it was time it was for appetizers and wine. We'd hustle out. It was non-stop until the venue was cleaned out.
Great learning experience and very productive place to work.
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
A fast paced, very straightforward and to the point New York City restaurant company. Great place to get experience right out of College.
Pros
Lot of great people to work with.
Cons
Low pay.
Great to have worked in Naples Pizzaria
Busser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 27, 2015
Some of the managers are really strict and discipline while at the same time they are friendly and relax. There is order in and people who work there are really good. tips were decent, but if your willing to work hard and make money your servers will give you good tip. when you need time off managers will work out the schedules.

I learned many things from servers and customers. I made sure i was always polite and friendly to everyone i meet and greet them. if there was a spill or an accident We made sure the guests are fine and we made sure safety is our number 1 priority.
Pros
good people working, very friendly, feel like a family, and good pay and tips
Cons
always busy at night time but thats where the money is at.
Productive, fast passed, and enjoyable
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Everyday was different and full of energy. I always looked forward for the week ahead. I learned time management by working in a fast passed environment, team work and passion. My co-workers were wonderful. Hardest part of the job was when something does not go as planned, but in the end it all works out. Most enjoyable part was that I never looked at it as "work", everyday was always diverting.
Pros
constantly being busy
Cons
getting stuck in traffic while driving to events!!
A good place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2015
The Patina Restaurant Group is a good first job when moving to Los Angeles. The corporate structure could stand to be streamlined.
Ok
Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2015
Lots of forgiveness, extremely flexible and supportive environment. Money isn't great but the staff are wonderful and the brand is top notch.
Kicking it old School
Corporate Offices (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 30, 2015
Worked there a little while. Environment is challenging but you do get exposure to many aspects of the business. Senior Leadership is very traditional. It's all about the numbers and less about the people. Having said that a lot can be learned. Lack of innovation and progressive leadership can be stifling however.
Pros
reputation financial stability
Cons
traditional reactive
I enjoy all aspects of working with Patina Restaurant Group.
Catering Staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Patina Restaurant Group is a great employer. The company has an excelant product, the food and service are exceptional. The other employees are friendly and cooperative. It is a professional attmosphere to work in and has consistantly superior events.
Pros
great locations and beautiful decor the oportunities are fun to be associated with
Cons
not as many assignments as i would like to have
a
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
good and excellent working environment and customers are the first priority
Don't apply for this JOB !!!!
pastry cook (Current Employee) –  Downtown L.AAugust 11, 2014
The bosses are horrible don't know how to manage the kitchen...
Half the bosses are not there or they are in the back texting and talking on the phone...

Pastry has 4 pastry chef that are always on there phones ....

And they don't like when you ask them questions?
They don't have patience for that ...

When they interview they tell you we get along and we don't cuss ...
And that's they first thing you hear the pastry chefs cussing .
This is where I gained the most knowledge of working at the highest level
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Greater Los AngelesJuly 28, 2014
Patina group is one of the best if not the best foundation for any cook trying to learn and advance his or her career!
Pros
very food forward company with great pride in its concept.
Cons
long hard days and nights
Large outdoor dining/bar area
Manager - Beer Bar at Café Centro (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2014
Responsible for running pre-meals with staff as well as daily training of food and beverage specials. Interacting with guests on a daily basis to help build return guests and ensure guest satisfaction.
Great restaurant group
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles Music Center - Kendall's BrasserieDecember 9, 2013
A great company overall. Thanks to my employment with the Patina Group, I have had the chance to learn skills to run an operation successfully and I would not have to the knowledge and confidence without having be part of it
Pros
fully in charge
One of the best work experiences and gained a great amount of knowledge that gave me the ability to utilize many aspects i learned from this career,
Market Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 12, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of getting the market cafe stocked and newly prepared for the new and existing customers. It was an intensely fast paced working environment engaging with the customers while handling products and cash and credit card transactions all at the same time. The management was incredibly supportive and caring and assisted in any way to the employees. My co-workers were one of the best parts of working here. Were were constantly positive and supported each other in any way. The hardest part of the job would have been having to turn away customers after we have closed down. Many customers would want to enter our market cafe but it was our policy that we closed our store to allow the guests to sober up to protect them. I never like to disappoint my customers but following our policy and protecting them was incredibly important. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to engage with the new and existing guests and giving them the most memorable experience at one of the best concert venues in California.
Pros
watching free concerts, meeting celebrities
Cons
turning away customers
Fun workplace
Runner (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ArNovember 1, 2013
I was let alone and i got my work done. I learned how to be self efficient and multitask. My managers were always nice and understanding and allowed me to have an opinion. I loved my co workers. Very family oriented. The job wasnt hard i enjoyed every aspect of it.
Pros
the money was great
Cons
the long hours
terrible place to work-don't do it!
Art and Style (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2013
There is a lack of communication between the departments especially between the management staff at corporate. It makes things very difficult to organize and plan, everything tends to happen last minute so details are thrown out the window. They don't even hold weekly managers meetings and if they do, they leave random people out or forget to ask people to attend!

People also don't know how to help each other out and generally throw people under the bus. Don't get me started on working directly with the CEO who is a terrible leader, delegator and horrible at giving constructive criticism. It is disappointing to find out that such an esteemed company is another typical corporate letdown. Let's not even mention how terrible their food quality is in general. Their decor is completely outdated I mean how long can we live in the 90s? No wonder they are no longer the forerunner in the restaurant world.
Pros
food credit for management, not getting micromanaged
Cons
lack of communication, no one taking responsibility for their own actions, no camaderie, huge turnover rate which is generally a bad sign
It is what it is
Head Mixologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2013
They definitely are Great to Work for, if you realize that you are what you are, nothing more, nothing less, and you don't let micro-managment get to you. There are a lot of irresponsible idiots you work with, so if you have an issue with getting fired, don't fret, they don't fire anyone.
Pros
excellent work/life balance
Cons
management
I like working.
Cashier/Runner (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 16, 2013
I like working. I enjoy the free time but don't get enough hours.

Patina Restaurant Group Reviews by Job Title