Patina Restaurant Group

Patina Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Great learning experience and very productive place to work.
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Lot of great people to work with.
Cons: Low pay.
A fast paced, very straightforward and to the point New York City restaurant company. Great place to get experience right out of College.
Great to have worked in Naples Pizzaria
Busser (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: good people working, very friendly, feel like a family, and good pay and tips
Cons: always busy at night time but thats where the money is at.
Some of the managers are really strict and discipline while at the same time they are friendly and relax. There is order in and people who work there are really good. tips were decent, but if your willing – more... to work hard and make money your servers will give you good tip. when you need time off managers will work out the schedules.

I learned many things from servers and customers. I made sure i was always polite and friendly to everyone i meet and greet them. if there was a spill or an accident We made sure the guests are fine and we made sure safety is our number 1 priority. – less
Productive, fast passed, and enjoyable
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: constantly being busy
Cons: getting stuck in traffic while driving to events!!
Everyday was different and full of energy. I always looked forward for the week ahead. I learned time management by working in a fast passed environment, team work and passion. My co-workers were wonderful. Hardest part of the job was when something does not go as planned, but in the end it all works out. Most enjoyable part was that I never looked at it as "work", everyday was always diverting.
A good place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2015
The Patina Restaurant Group is a good first job when moving to Los Angeles. The corporate structure could stand to be streamlined.
Ok
Server (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2015
Lots of forgiveness, extremely flexible and supportive environment. Money isn't great but the staff are wonderful and the brand is top notch.
Kicking it old School
Corporate Offices (Former Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: reputation financial stability
Cons: traditional reactive
Worked there a little while. Environment is challenging but you do get exposure to many aspects of the business. Senior Leadership is very traditional. It's all about the numbers and less about the people. Having said that a lot can be learned. Lack of innovation and progressive leadership can be stifling however.
I enjoy all aspects of working with Patina Restaurant Group.
Catering Staff (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great locations and beautiful decor the oportunities are fun to be associated with
Cons: not as many assignments as i would like to have
Patina Restaurant Group is a great employer. The company has an excelant product, the food and service are exceptional. The other employees are friendly and cooperative. It is a professional attmosphere to work in and has consistantly superior events.
a
Line Cook (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
good and excellent working environment and customers are the first priority
Don't apply for this JOB !!!!
pastry cook (Current Employee), Downtown L.AAugust 11, 2014
The bosses are horrible don't know how to manage the kitchen...
Half the bosses are not there or they are in the back texting and talking on the phone...

Pastry has 4 pastry chef that are always on there – more... phones ....

And they don't like when you ask them questions?
They don't have patience for that ...

When they interview they tell you we get along and we don't cuss ...
And that's they first thing you hear the pastry chefs cussing . – less
This is where I gained the most knowledge of working at the highest level
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Greater Los AngelesJuly 28, 2014
Pros: very food forward company with great pride in its concept.
Cons: long hard days and nights
Patina group is one of the best if not the best foundation for any cook trying to learn and advance his or her career!
Large outdoor dining/bar area
Manager - Beer Bar at Café Centro (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2014
Responsible for running pre-meals with staff as well as daily training of food and beverage specials. Interacting with guests on a daily basis to help build return guests and ensure guest satisfaction.
Great restaurant group
General Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles Music Center - Kendall's BrasserieDecember 9, 2013
Pros: fully in charge
A great company overall. Thanks to my employment with the Patina Group, I have had the chance to learn skills to run an operation successfully and I would not have to the knowledge and confidence without having be part of it
One of the best work experiences and gained a great amount of knowledge that gave me the ability to utilize many aspects i learned from this career,
Market Cashier (Former Employee), Hollywood, CANovember 12, 2013
Pros: watching free concerts, meeting celebrities
Cons: turning away customers
A typical day at work consisted of getting the market cafe stocked and newly prepared for the new and existing customers. It was an intensely fast paced working environment engaging with the customers – more... while handling products and cash and credit card transactions all at the same time. The management was incredibly supportive and caring and assisted in any way to the employees. My co-workers were one of the best parts of working here. Were were constantly positive and supported each other in any way. The hardest part of the job would have been having to turn away customers after we have closed down. Many customers would want to enter our market cafe but it was our policy that we closed our store to allow the guests to sober up to protect them. I never like to disappoint my customers but following our policy and protecting them was incredibly important. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to engage with the new and existing guests and giving them the most memorable experience at one of the best concert venues in California. – less
Fun workplace
Runner (Former Employee), Springdale, ArNovember 1, 2013
Pros: the money was great
Cons: the long hours
I was let alone and i got my work done. I learned how to be self efficient and multitask. My managers were always nice and understanding and allowed me to have an opinion. I loved my co workers. Very family oriented. The job wasnt hard i enjoyed every aspect of it.
terrible place to work-don't do it!
Art and Style (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: food credit for management, not getting micromanaged
Cons: lack of communication, no one taking responsibility for their own actions, no camaderie, huge turnover rate which is generally a bad sign
There is a lack of communication between the departments especially between the management staff at corporate. It makes things very difficult to organize and plan, everything tends to happen last minute – more... so details are thrown out the window. They don't even hold weekly managers meetings and if they do, they leave random people out or forget to ask people to attend!

People also don't know how to help each other out and generally throw people under the bus. Don't get me started on working directly with the CEO who is a terrible leader, delegator and horrible at giving constructive criticism. It is disappointing to find out that such an esteemed company is another typical corporate letdown. Let's not even mention how terrible their food quality is in general. Their decor is completely outdated I mean how long can we live in the 90s? No wonder they are no longer the forerunner in the restaurant world. – less
It is what it is
Head Mixologist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 28, 2013
Pros: excellent work/life balance
Cons: management
They definitely are Great to Work for, if you realize that you are what you are, nothing more, nothing less, and you don't let micro-managment get to you. There are a lot of irresponsible idiots you work with, so if you have an issue with getting fired, don't fret, they don't fire anyone.
I like working.
Cashier/Runner (Current Employee), Springdale, ARMay 16, 2013
I like working. I enjoy the free time but don't get enough hours.
fast pace during lunch fun and energetic polite customers
Assist in food prep and cooking (Former Employee), 34 street herald squareFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, repetitive food
A typical work day was fun it was a lot of work in a small period of time. I learned a lot about food prep and food service such as sanitary things and how to cut chop fillet dice and slice correctly. – more... My managers were cool really funny but strict. My coworkers were also cool and extremely friendly. The hardest part about that job was the lunch rush, i had to be incredibly swift and precise taking the customers orders. The best part about the job is obviously the free food – less
Perfect on all counts
Special Events Liaison (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2012
a company that keeps its employees challenged and content. A+ on all counts
Nothing but good to say about PRG
Exec Admin Assistant to VP of Operations (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 22, 2012
Pros: supportive staff, great work atmosphere, excellent healthcare benefits
Cons: lack of workshops & classes for administration, no other cons to list
PRG was a great work experience for me. I had helpful supervisors as well as co-workers and dealt with so many different people throughout my work day. Unfortunately, because of economic cut backs I was laid off, but I was grateful for the time I worked for the company.
Headquarters