PATROL Employee Reviews

Proud to serve there
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  ApdSeptember 15, 2016
28 years of service and I have had a successful career. We work 12-hour shifts which provides every other weekend off and the pay is comparable to other agencies our size.
Co-workers within the patrol division were very energetic individuals and were exciting to work with.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  GuamAugust 16, 2016
The Guam Police Department is a very enjoyable organization to work for. The men and women of the department are hard working and dedicated individuals. The only thing that the department lacks is the support from the government for promotions of police officers within the police department.
Cons
Lack of opportunities for upward mobility
three star company
Guard (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2016
a typical day is very smooth layed back environment, I learned basic computer skill, radio skills etc., management was great before new management, co worker very nice it kinda felt like a team, hardest part about the job was short on staff, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people smile.
Cons
new managment, alot changed
Law enforcement / patrol
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 6, 2015
I loved law enforcement. At that time, women were not well accepted in that area, so it was a challenging experience. I enjoy being in control, but it is difficult for me to handle the criminal element.
A great place to work in the field
Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  730 Public Safety Way,August 21, 2015
l learned a great deal during my almost 26 years in the field. I worked with people that had a passion for law enforcement, and enjoyed working as a team.
Pros
I worked with true professionals
Cons
Little to no chance of advancement
Working in a fun environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work is there are times that I get into work early. so I can turn on the computers and fax machines and get the office organized and ready for the day. Management area I try to Encourage/supporting, Communicating/advising, Instructing/advising with my co-workers and customer's in any task that comes my way to the best of my knowledge. The hardest thing on the job is seeing someone unsatisfied about something. Because I love working around positive and happy people. and I enjoy working with other and keeping busy.
Police Officer
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 6, 2015
Same as previously stated about patrol. Being a police officer can be difficult but common sense will take you a long way. I love law enforcement and enjoy the challenge.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Hours
Deputy Sheriff
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2015
Working for the Sheriff's Office for over 25 years I have learned that things are constantly changing and to go with the flow. Change brings about good things most of the time. I have also learned that hard work is rewarded not just by increase in pay but most importantly keeping true to yourself. I have always enjoyed assisting people. My goal has always been to affect someone in a positive way if only for a moment.
Pros
Very gratifying job and career
Cons
extreme long hours at times
love the job
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  longbranch njApril 20, 2015
I like the job it was a free sort of title got to learn and know a lot of interesting people. There was always something to see learn and understand I enjoyed my job but it was only seasonal
Pros
people
Cons
weather
Thing's that I did for my work.
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Roxbury/Dorchester/MattapanMarch 23, 2015
To patrol of all properties check for safety of tenants and management.Make any necessary arrest that is needed to be.Assit.Fire/police dept's when needed.About law how to make arrest court procedures .Worked with some great people and learned all type's of law.There was alot of my job's that was hardest part of my work.Working in one of the big's city and meeting all type's of law enforcement all over the world.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Paid half of benefits
Very Fullfilling, Very Stressful
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  WINovember 12, 2014
It is very, very rewarding. Just make sure you are prepared for the stress of it all.
Exciting.
Police Officer I-III (Former Employee) –  Whaeton, MDSeptember 1, 2014
Helping folks in the worst times of their lives. Very rewarding profession when folks could be helped.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Shift work.
Great place to work for!
Agent (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2014
Steady hours and good balance for home and work. The pay and benefits are good too!
Pros
Flexible hours. Good hours. High pay!
Cons
None that I can think of.
Productive enviroment
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 9, 2014
supervise inmates,daily reports
Hardest part of job was safety
Stepping stone
Standing Patrol (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 23, 2014
A typical work day can consist of anything, nothing is the same neither are the locations, you will meet and come across some great people while working for this company. I learned that one may have to be blunt and stand up for themselves and that a stern attitude is needed. The management could use a bit of learning themselves but for the most part it is okay. The co-workers are great and will be at your side, they work a great deal. The hardest part of this job is knowing that there is not much that can be done as just security, and the favoritism. I enjoy the people I meet as well as knowing that I have a job and a steady check. The CEO will do what he has to do to make sure everyone is paid. The company makes a positive change in the communities it protects.
Pros
Positive change
Cons
No benefits
patrol
Sgt (Former Employee) –  Latour, MOJuly 6, 2014
dealt with many different issues the public had which required police assistance
Enjoy the law enforcement field
Volunteer on Patrol (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 28, 2014
I enjoy volunteering with the Los Angeles Sheriff Department at the Palmdale Sheriff Station. Most individuals dont like the police of getting tickets, but I see a different side of it they are normal people just like you and I and don't always go out looking to give tickets but if you are doing something against the law than that is when they come in to take charge.
Pros
job variety and assist the deputies with non life threating calls
Cons
not getting paid
If you like politics and backstabbers then this job is for you
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAFebruary 18, 2014
this place is eat up with people who will stab you in the back just to help them get ahead. very political and nobody will stand up to the administration. if you do stand up then they will try and beat you down and force you out anyway they can.
Entry level law enforcement
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJanuary 30, 2014
Traffic management, offense investigation, arrest and search/seizure responsibilities
Pros
Professional work group
fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oceanport, NJJanuary 24, 2014
There was never a dull moment in the work day. You learned something new everyday. From the meaningless opinions to words of wisdom. It was a hands on and off kind of security. Where you could learn and then utilize the skills just obtained.
Pros
independence
Cons
work period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PATROL. Our community is ready to answer.