Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC Employee Reviews

Great job for hands on people.
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Job was extremely physical, required thick skin common sense, intelligence and muscle endurance. This is not a job for the light of heart I have seen grown men cry, throw up and quit in just a few days. I have also seen a 140 lbs woman do everything that I did, pressure washers, wrenches, hand tools and hammers.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, time off.
Cons
Unstable work industry.
loved the job
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PAJanuary 9, 2017
good pay and time off with advancement opportunities. very safety concuss and education with training on all equipment.
Pros
secure, steady pay
Cons
two week hitches
we take care of each other and make sure we go home safely too our families
derricks (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 7, 2017
I like the they strongly care about employees safety .work together and always assist other coworkers and make sure that I follow the jsa hand book following the procedure on lock out tag out
Pros
work coveralls boots
Cons
I really can't think of any
Won't be fun for awhile
Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
They are starting over no old hands left inexperienced people only. They over work all employees call them in on days off always short handed.
Pros
Free boots, clothes
Cons
Health care to high
Good
Floorhand/Motorman (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 25, 2016
Was good and very good I like working there just got laid off because when gas prices go down to job go away we had to make a break before we had the trip type in there what would we have cleaned up .
Loved it
Field Instructor/ motorperson (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79706December 12, 2016
I was very fond of working with this company, for being a woman 'Joe' gave me the chance to 'prove' myself out there on the rig and I loved every minute of the hard work! This company has great values and safety standards set into play.
Pros
safety classes, training, week on and week off
Cons
long hours (weren't too bad)
fun place to work
Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 21, 2016
patterson-uti Drilling is a great place to work at, great management, heavy duty shop equipment they also offer very competitive pay and great benefits.
Great
Derrick Hand/Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 16, 2016
Great company to work for they have great benifits the only problem anyone would have is the time away from home. It's 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off
Good learning experience from plugging wells to drilling
Floor Hand/Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 15, 2016
I went from plugging wells to drilling at Paterson uti very fast pace and good insurance benifits good pay the only reson I left was because my father passed away and I had to go take care of my mother
Typical life of a roughneck
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 2, 2016
Great job to have when the economy is good. Make enough money as an entry level than most. Tough environment to work in, most dont last long. Building a trust level with my coworkers, we are accountable for each other.
No room for advancement, nor any pay increases, stagnant
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 5, 2016
Decent pay if you work 140 hours in 10 days. Hard to balance life and work. Asked to work illegal hours but document them so they do not appear to be illegal. No room for promotion (unless you're from Texas or prior military). False promises of a pay raise. Constant reminders that you're lucky you still have a job due to market conditions. No clear expectations on the day to day duties. Goals constantly changing depending on what Houston thinks is important at that moment. When the market crashes the company doesn't cut day rates and sends its employees home to stay out of the red. Shady leadership and management.
Pros
Building relationships with rig employees
Cons
Shady leadership, no incentives to perform, military biased
Driller/derrick hand (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work and advance. Very competitive and rewarding. Great for learning and enhancing skills. Great leadership and a fun workplace. Pay good and good time off.
Good company to work for
Motorhand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 3, 2016
great company to work for, I worked on a rig with the company, it turned into a really safe company and I really enjoyed working for them. I would really recommend working for this company
Pros
Safe company
Cons
away from your family a lot
ran drilling rig
driller (Former Employee) –  Snyder, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Made sure rig was ran efficiently and safely. Kept machines running efficiently. Serviced regularly. Made sure hands worked safely and efficiently. Filled out daily reports and solved mathematical problems
good
Floor hand (Roughneck) (Former Employee) –  Ohio Stadium, OHSeptember 8, 2016
Corporate and field responsibilities with a very high travel volume. In constant transition of leadership style. somewhat unstable
Very fast paced environment, still trying to figure out proper alignment and structure
Senior Manager Asset Integrity and EAM (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
A leader in it's industry
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKAugust 23, 2016
When i started working here, there was no days off. They did begin adding an additional member to each crew, and added another crew to start a days off schedule. They offered good wages and benefit packages.
Pros
Good wages and benefits, started working a schedule that allowed days off
Loved working here
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PAAugust 10, 2016
I worked for Patterson for 2 years and i loved the job. It was hard work, Great pay and awesome benefits. There was always great team work and my coworkers became family. Hoping to get rehired since the layoff.
Terrible unsafe place to work
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDAugust 4, 2016
Poor living conditions, the mancamps are dumps. Extremely poor upper management, treat you like garbage unless your one of their buddies that they got jobs.
Pros
Cons
Poor living conditions, poor upper management that have no idea how to manage quality hard working employees
productive workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fruita, CO 81521June 21, 2016
patterson is a great company to work for with good benefits and a fair schedule. keeps up to date with saftey regulations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC Reviews by Job Title