Patterson Companies

Patterson Companies Employer Reviews

good company
Software support specialist (contract) (Current Employee), Champaign, ILSeptember 9, 2014
good company to work for an they take care of employyees i really enjoyied working here great poeple great team
The company is changing
Manager (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2014
Pros: on site cafe
Cons: long hours, low pay
The company does feel like a family although that is changing. It is starting to feel more like a corp.
Horrible Life/Work Balance
Art Director (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: over worked and very poor management
Avoid any jobs here. Management is terrible and ruthless. I was employed there for 8 years and worked there an average of 60 hours a week. I hardly ever got a break, I should have left sooner.
Low stress environment with low pay
Senior Developer/Administrator (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNApril 24, 2014
Overall a positive experience. My supervisor was great and easy to work with. There is a clear lack of direction and inter department communication which makes moving forward laborious.
Work Life Balance Missing
Salaried office (Former Employee), NortheastApril 2, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: no work life balance, dismal enviorment and culture
Just some facts

There is no sick time you need to use your vacation time for that.. So everyone comes into work when theyre sick and they get everyone else sick its like the black plauge.

Salaried employees need to use vacation time to leave for a Dr. Appt.
Leaving 15 mins early to go to your kids soccer game?... need to use vacation time. Salaried – more... employees are treated like hourly ones

Theres not really a work life balance here Working late goes unrecognized but leaving a bit early is a huge deal.

Cubes are tiny you cant fit two chairs in one

Theres no windows

Chairs are uncomfortable

People are overburdened and managers recognize this but do nothing but pile on

You need to wear a tie

They are just kind of old fashioned like 1800's, rigid and unflexible, not a very dynamic or fun place to work its kind of depressing

people are nice – less
very unprofessional
Technician (Former Employee), Albany NYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pay was not too bad
Cons: management
Management was one of the worst I have ever worked for. It seeems like they would hire anyone off the street. Sales department does not seem to be doing there job and falls back on technicians. Bad place to work and people to work for.
Your Better Off Just Passing On This...
Full time Warehouse (Former Employee), South Bend, INOctober 15, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: basically everything work related
This place is simple. The people for the most part are ok.. Some how ever are absolutely manipulative and evil. Management doesn't seem to know much of what they're doing. They abuse the good workers and aim to please the ones with seniority that do the least amount of work. And they seem to always be threatening someone's job every time you turn around. – more... Pay is far from adequate, management is less than fair or component, work environment could be better, and I guess that some most of it up. – less
Great Company!
Infrastructure Engineering Intern (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNJuly 1, 2013
I have only worked here a short time and I can already tell it is a fantastic company to work for!
Hated it
Office Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Champaign, ILMay 15, 2013
I absolutely hated this job. I worked there for 3 years. I loved my coworkers. But, Patterson doesn't care about its employees. They beyond micromanage every single thing you do. The managers are lazy and do absolutely nothing.
Very friendly people
Manager (Current Employee), Effingham, IlMarch 12, 2013
Pros: cafe, training, no weekends, some travel, some advancement
Cons: reactionary, slow to address real concerns
The people are very friendly. The company used have a family like atmosphere. Now it seems big and much more corporate and stiff.
Patterson
Team Lead Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNDecember 22, 2012
Pros: became team lead
Cons: hours
My clients enjoyed working with me and gave me recognition that was communicated to management frequently.
Cleint Technology level 2 and Desktop support specialist
Cleint Technology level 2 support (Current Employee), Eagan, MNOctober 16, 2012
Pros: really good with computers
Cons: need to learn more advance technology.
A typical day at work is checking emails and other application as ticket systems to help solving users issue with computers. what I learned is there are new things and opsticals when learning new technology. I do work will with co-workers that willing to improve the company. The hardest thing is organizing the important task first. the most enjoyable – more... about part of the desk support job is learning and helping people with computer issues. – less
Interdepartmental Communication
EDI Coordinator: IT & IS Development (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILAugust 16, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, cool quiet work environment, amazing co-workers
Cons: communication, 1/2 hour lunches, often too busy to take a break during break-times
Quiet, cool, professional atmosphere with reasonable hours & great people to work with. Executive-level management utterly failed at inter-departmental communication; consequentially - projects impacting multiple departments (including timelines & deadlines) were often negatively impacted.

Executive level management (including departmental directors) – more... were bad at articulating specific needs and expectations relevant to job function.

That being said, I enjoyed going into work and having continuous workflow. I worked unimpeded and before I realized it, my workday would end. While my management team may have been lacking in communications - my director was genius; I was also able to work closely with some incredibly knowledgeable IT professionals and learned a great deal of information during my contracted tenure there, including new software (AS400), as well as logistics process & infrastructure development. – less
fast paced enviorment friendly surroundings
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 9, 2012
Pros: great raise oppurtunities
Cons: management
I come in and check the work load for the day. I properly put employees in position that will benefit the operation to its best ability. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when we be done for the day. The most enjoyable part was the vast range of knowledge that is there for the taking for your own advancement.