Patterson Dental Employee Reviews in United States

Not a bad place to work
OS&D (Current Employee) –  Dinuba, CASeptember 28, 2015
Work hours are predictable for the most part. Your schedule is typically permanent, and you usually have weekends off at, if you work at a warehouse.Moving up can be difficult, as management is reluctant to leave or relocate at most facilities. The hardest part of the job is maintaining productivity once you've been there for about 5 years, as expectations are high, even if the amount of available work to do is low. Benefits are really expensive, as it's a bigger company, but not big enough to get the price breaks with insurance companies, or at least that's what they say. Overall, I think it's a company with a future.
Pros
Lot's of employee appreciation events
Cons
healthcare is expensive
Productive, Challenging and Rewarding company
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2016
Patterson Dental Supply is one of the top dental and equipment suppliers in the dental industry for many good reasons. They have a culture of excellence and improvement. They operate and make decisions by the motto: Always do what is right for the doctor and their office. This works out wonderfully well for the long-term relationship of the business relationship.
Pros
Work from home and call on dental offices.
Great Place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work. Good culture, great upper management, sound business model. Limited advancement in branch settings. Otherwise a great place to work. Benefits are good also.
Pros
Cutlure, People, Benefits.
Cons
Limited growth potential
Very relax , productive and dependable, flexible schedule and fun.
Senior IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNApril 6, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. Amiable people.
Flexible time and work schedule. There are two shift and weekend shift too and a lot of overtime for the employees for added benefit and perks and other benefits and incentives.
Team work?
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 21, 2015
This branch needs some sort of positive leadership from all of the management. There was no positive feedback regarding job performance, only negative feedback from management. Management did not try to build up staff skills and expand their knowledge. The training was non existent which will set up any employee to fail. The good old boy system was very hard at work.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lacking teamwork and training for successful outcome
Great stepping stone into medical/dental sales
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 18, 2016
Great company to work for but with a decentralized model, every branch has a different culture. Great work/life balance. The hardest part is dealing with dental offices which are like small mom and pop businesses. Often have to deal with sticker shock, etc.
Cons
Selling commoditized products
It's a great place to work
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I really enjoy working at Patterson. Everyone there has been very kind and accepting of me from day one. I like that I get instructions on what to do then I'm left to go do them on my own without being watched the whole time. While I am only a Temp I would like to work there as a permanent employee.
hard to succeed but rewarding if you survive
Territory Sales Representative, North Central WV (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2016
not the easiest place to work in sales but rewarding if you survive. lots of things to sell and no one way to succeed but very rewarding if you make it past year 3. like most sales jobs the hardest part is putting in the work to get to the decision makers and get sales.
Fun work Place, Good work place
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJAugust 15, 2015
Great company to work for, employees are a great group of people.
Learned a lot about Dental Supplies and equipment. Management needs to be not so harsh. The hardest part about my job is collecting past due accounts from doctors. The most enjoyable part about my job is the group of people I work with, easy to talk to and we work as a team.
Great place to work, so far...
TERRITORY SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work, good work/life balance, hard work but it pays off if you keep at it, company seems to be going more corporate
Pros
work/life balance, good employee perks
Cons
lack of training for work based software applications
self motivated job
Dental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2015
The job I did was wonderful, you had to be a self motivated person. I was meeting new people every day. I worked at different Dental offices, sometimes up to 6-7 offices a day. I would walk in to an office that was having a problem with some of there equipment, I would fix the problem and make them happy.
Pros
I went directly to offices from my home
Cons
Managment
Fast paced environment
CEREC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 21, 2015
Great place to work and grow. On a typical day I met with territory managers and planned their objectives, co-traveled in their accounts, arranged demonstrations and trained and troubleshooted new CADCAM installations. The technology is great but getting it in the right hands can be challenging. The best part was seeing that aha moment, when the restoration drops in, the patient smiles and the doctor realizes the best part of his day is seating a digital restoration.
Pros
great comradeship and working atmosphere
Cons
tough job, too much corporate turnover
they preached team but everyone was out for themselves
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2015
they preached team but kept new people on the outside. I never knew the real reason why I was let go. Operations went against the things I was taught in the military and had issues. customer satisfaction was above anything else even employees.
On-site customer support
Technical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 24, 2015
OK place to work, main problem is managers who have never been in the field trying to make decisions on how to repair problems when they have never been involved with the any of the equipment.
Pros
Able to be out from your desk and on the road.
Cons
Scheduling too many appointments per day.
Structured enviroment
Equipment Specialist, Mid-Atlantic (Current Employee) –  Laurel MdAugust 16, 2015
Meeting with clients, prospecting with territory reps. Seeing projects to fruition. Losing deals over price is the hardest part. Getting the sale is the best part, when a client see's your value.
Stable, good national company,
Service Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 25, 2012
I spend my days at work, processing invoices, billing customers, taking parts orders from customers/technicians/ & our Rep's, Processing orders, processing repairs & returns, scheduling technician, inventory control. The hardest part of the job is the management not aware of tasks & problems, & don't listen what any of the team members suggest. I enjoy troubleshooting and working with parts.
Pros
great benefits, free meals often
Cons
management, overloaded with tasks
Diverse Environment
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2014
Working at Patterson Dental allowed me to meet all of my career goals. I was able to advance and obtain a wealth of knowledge that will benefit me and any organization that I work with in the future.
Pros
excellent benefits
Scheduling and customer service
Office manager & Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 31, 2015
Scheduled 15 techs and new installs. Processed service workorders, processed accounts payable, Set up new installs.
Freedom of running your own business without owning it
Territory Rep (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Typical day you see 10- 12 Dental offices on your route. Some are existing buying customers and some you are still cold calling on. The sales cycle to get Dentist to switch over to buying from you can be 5+ years but occasionally as soon as 6 months. You are the liaison between all things Patterson and the Dr. The inside team is top notch with very good support but follow up is necessary. Hardest part of the job is patiently waiting for your clients to switch their business over to you or waiting for the management to give you some new accounts to call on as you are limited to only the accounts assigned. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to schedule your own day and building the client relationships.
Work is okay, management is a mess.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 9, 2014
I started at the PTC in early August 2013, I got along with all of my co-workers and was able to do my job just fine, I feel I was rather good at what I did. Around a month later our manager moved to a different position and a new one was put in his place that had never worked in or with our department before, she had no clue about the job we were doing and only cared about getting her numbers up.
Pros
in house cafe, 8-5 work days, no weekends, easy work.
Cons
very picky about break and lunch times, management does not communicate, dialogue between the ptc and brances is terrible.