Patterson Dental Employee Reviews

Great work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateApril 4, 2017
The company allows for a great work life balance. The compensation is on par with others in the industry and is sufficient. There are issues as with all companies.
Not what it once was
Equipment Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 2, 2017
The company has been struggling and has made some strategic decisions of late that have hurt it even further with workforce paycuts and overall headcount reductions.
Great Learning
Temporary Dental Positions, (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Able to learn and take time to focus on detail. Great person to work for. Assist with different procedures with patients and vendors. Room for advancement.
Working for Patterson Dental
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 19, 2016
If you work hard you will succeed but be sure to be in the ol boys club! You also better not ever go over your managers head for help because it will only cause more issues for yourself.
Great company with lengthy history
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNDecember 7, 2016
If it weren't for my old position title being dissolved during corporate restructure, I'd still be there. Great people to work with, customers can become friends.
Management cares about its workers
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 25, 2016
This is a good company, very good environment to work in. The people are wonderful. The co- workers are very helpful, Good local culture. Management cares about its workers.
Pros
Great Management and Employees, Great benefits
Cons
low pay
great
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2016
loved the people and company. They were good and treating employees and opportunity for advancement. They had a great communication standard.
Outside Sales Representative
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2016
Working with dentists to improve technology
The ability to help all staff members
Worked with the offices to make sure they were able to perform at an ultimate level
Great income potential
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2016
Corporate leadership is strong; local leadership lacks in some areas.

Lots of recent changes have made doing the job unncessarilly difficult.

Internal team mates are very helpful and under appreciated by many.

Local communication from management needs improvement but otherwise it is a pleasant enough place to be.
See below
Shipping and Receiving Clerk and light maintenance (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2016
Enjoyable and satisfying workplace. Their cafeteria was five stars. Good work environment. Reputable company.
Pros
Fabulous homemade food
Cons
Dental coverage not that good.
was a great job
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2016
was a great job until June 13th, when over 250 lost jobs out of the blue. Promises were made about growth and family culture. that all changed. Upper management talked a great game and then left families and great people out on the streets.
Pros
left alone to work and decent terrtiory
Cons
not a lot of management help
Good Place to woork but laying people off presently.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 14, 2016
I loved working at Patterson Dental. The only reason I am not there is because I am on long term disability. The people there work as a team and I really enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Work load was heavy.
Great job and opportunity to meet and help other offices.
Independent Contracted- Trainer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN 55121July 11, 2016
A typical day is traveling to offices and training doctors and their staff to proficiently use their computer and software to be able to create a product for their customers.
Great stepping stone into medical/dental sales
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 18, 2016
Great company to work for but with a decentralized model, every branch has a different culture. Great work/life balance. The hardest part is dealing with dental offices which are like small mom and pop businesses. Often have to deal with sticker shock, etc.
Cons
Selling commoditized products
Very relax , productive and dependable, flexible schedule and fun.
Senior IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNApril 6, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. Amiable people.
Flexible time and work schedule. There are two shift and weekend shift too and a lot of overtime for the employees for added benefit and perks and other benefits and incentives.
Okay place to work
Other (Current Employee) –  North EastMarch 11, 2016
It has its pros and cons. Advancement is hard because the home office is in Minnesota. Working in the Northeast is different than where the corporate is.
Pros
Nice Place
Cons
Advancement and Pay
It's a great place to work
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I really enjoy working at Patterson. Everyone there has been very kind and accepting of me from day one. I like that I get instructions on what to do then I'm left to go do them on my own without being watched the whole time. While I am only a Temp I would like to work there as a permanent employee.
hard to succeed but rewarding if you survive
Territory Sales Representative, North Central WV (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2016
not the easiest place to work in sales but rewarding if you survive. lots of things to sell and no one way to succeed but very rewarding if you make it past year 3. like most sales jobs the hardest part is putting in the work to get to the decision makers and get sales.
Productive, Challenging and Rewarding company
Territory Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2016
Patterson Dental Supply is one of the top dental and equipment suppliers in the dental industry for many good reasons. They have a culture of excellence and improvement. They operate and make decisions by the motto: Always do what is right for the doctor and their office. This works out wonderfully well for the long-term relationship of the business relationship.
Pros
Work from home and call on dental offices.
self motivated job
Dental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2015
The job I did was wonderful, you had to be a self motivated person. I was meeting new people every day. I worked at different Dental offices, sometimes up to 6-7 offices a day. I would walk in to an office that was having a problem with some of there equipment, I would fix the problem and make them happy.
Pros
I went directly to offices from my home
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson Dental. Our community is ready to answer.