Patterson Medical Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, Enjoyable and Learning Culture
Promotion - Patterson Brand Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILOctober 23, 2015
I learned at Patterson Medical that if you develop trust, belief and establish a leadership culture, deliver a clear concise message to the sales force they will exceed all limitations to support your efforts.
Fast paced work environment with friendly co-workers
Field Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL 60555October 13, 2015
Constantly dealing with otside Sales Representatives and preparing competative freight quotes for customers. Answering incoming calls and assisting with orders, complaints, returns, and questions about products
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
some management
Great company with a bright future
IT Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 27, 2015
This company taught me most of what I know about maintaining a functional IT department. I developed from a help desk associate who answered calls to resolve technical issues with phones/laptops/desktops to a lead position. My day to day includes managing an operational and capital budget, interfacing with business leads to ensure projects are completed in a reasonable timeframe, working with trusted partners to improve system functionality and evaluating new software solutions for viability within our business model.
Pros
Telecommute when needed. Ample paid time off and benefits.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job at Patterson Medical is that you make a difference. When a machine goes down, you are Johnny on the spot to get it back up and running. Patients and clinicians are so happy and excited to have their equipment fixed or checked.
Great place to work that seemed to care for employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 15, 2015
Daily activities included scheduling and logistics for equipment delivery and set up.
I learned about PT equipment, set up and likes and dislikes of typical PT clinics
Management was easy to work with and was helpful in breaking through walls that blocked progress
My co-workers were helpful and eager to provide great customer service.
The hardest part of the job was getting the sales force to understand delivery was an expense and could not be given away.
Customers and employees were great to work with and enjoyable to serve
Pros
Great pay, great work life balance and benefits
Cons
Corporate office in Ill decided to pull the plug on local support
It was a poorly organized plant.
Machine operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIApril 7, 2015
It was a warehouse being converted to a production shop and not completed but production began. Not finished by the time I left.
Needless to say the most enjoyable part of the job was running my machine, there was only one machine, the rest of the shop was assembly.
Pros
Cons
they were not hireing any body.
Great Experience
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2015
I learned a lot on this job. Lots of hands-on experience. The hardest part about the job was being on your feet all day.
used to be a fun company, now it's micro managed
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Call on Pts and Ots in the healthcare setting. Also call on hospital materials managers. Extreme focus on monitoring sales reps daily activity.
Cash Manager is Rude and Unprofessional
Account Receivable Specialists (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILDecember 22, 2014
Loved the job duties itself, but the cash manager was rude and unprofessional when speaking to individuals in her office and in a meeting setting. She would not listen to anyone, instead spoke over them, even when asking Can you explain this? If you don't mind being spoken to in a scolding manner then this place is for you.
Pros
close to home-loved the job duties
Cons
walking on eggshells around management
Customer Service
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 20, 2014
This was a inbound call center, taking on average 100-150 calls daily placing orders, making reorders when necessary. Assisting customer with choices and upselling.
Cons
off times
Working
Operations Manager / Field Service (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMay 6, 2014
At Patterson they assist the technicians to evolve into a full service culture and present the best customer service. We perform electrical safety analysis on medical equipment, ultrasound calibration, and new equipment set up. I enjoy working here.
Review Summary - Patterson Medical
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Rose, LAApril 22, 2014
A typical day includes managing a team of service technicians, scheduling service calls, scheduling deliveries & installations, ordering repair parts, handling various administrative tasks, assisting sales representatives with orders, and customer service. I learned several management and leadership lessons. The hardest part of the job was explaining why an item was on back order. My co-workers and the customers were the best part of the job.
Good Job, poor organization.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2014
A good place to work if you don't have a whole lot of bills. I have learned about the Physical Therapy aspect of the business. I am one of three people working in this location and required to be Warehouse manager as well as Service ,Delivery and Equipment Set up man. I don't mind working hard but also like to be compensated for my time.
Pros
great working relations with other employees
Cons
poorly organized. alot of wasted time.
Fast Paced Work Enviorment
Customer Service - Aerotek Contract (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMarch 19, 2014
Very fast paced enviorment, high volume call center taking orders over the phone for medical supplies.
Senior Director of Marketing, North America (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILDecember 22, 2013
Patterson Medical is part of Patterson Inc.. Learned about the medical industry specific to rehab.
Worked in a nice clean workplace, with low noise
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedarburg, WIDecember 14, 2013
To arrived 30min before shift start to plan, organize between shift change. pick up daily work assignments for that shift. I learned to inspect production, as well as label product for stock & shipping. work well with co-workers, and spent a little time with management.
The hardest part of the job would be if and when the machine would not function properly. The most enjoyable part of the job, I would have to say looking at the finish product & worked in air condition.
Pros
we were able to leave the primeacy for a 30min lunch
Cons
and cons we had to make up the break by staying 30mins later, no paid lunch.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 2, 2013
Responded appropriately to all inbound phone calls in reference to customers and vendors orders and concerns,thoroughly investigated past due invoices and minimized number of unpaid accounts.Handle product orders and service claims, establish delivery dates, coordinate tracing procedures for lost or delayed orders of medical equipment.Contacted new and existing customers to discuss how their needs could be met with specific products and services.Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability by addressing barriers to receiving and validating accurate customer and order information.Adhering to the company's policies of confidentiality and privacy.Major emphasis on accurate data entry, product knowledge, inventory and available delivery dates.
Poor Management when I worked there
Human Resources consultant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 30, 2012
I can only hope they got rid of their sales director and HR director, who discriminated on a regular basis. Veteran? sorry, throw that resume out, Indian? forget it...I guess you can figure it out...
Pros
well location i guess
Cons
poor management
Fun, laid back yet dedicated to top notch customer service
Customer Service / Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2012
Assisting hospitals, pt's, ot's, nursing homes, ect with orders, issues, product questions. Assisting field sales with any issues, orders, ect. Our manager was awesome! He had a wonderful management style. He was never overpowering but you knew when he asked you to do something, it required immediate attention. He was warm and always had a joke. I did not feel there was a hard part to my job. My most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships that I built with my outside sales reps and customers.
Pros
no micro management, having a supervisor that had confidence that i would do my job right the first time.
Cons
our office was closed and i lost my job.
fast paced work environment, good benefits
Customer Service Representative, III (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2012
call center customer service representative, great pay and steady hours, consistently pays their employees
Pros
great pay
Cons
working on branch level