Patton Fund Management primarily manages investment portfolios for individual and institutional investors as well as providing advisory services to company retirement plans. Our company was founded in 1992, is a Registered Investment Advisor, and has a total of six employees requiring your ability to work in a fast-paced, highly accountable, small-team environment. Our mission is to dramatically improve the financial lives of every investor we serve.
Job Title: Junior Financial Analyst
Location: Dallas, TX
- Daily investment reconciliation and trading (2 hours / day)
- Preparation of presentations for prospective clients (3 hours / day)
- Analysis of retirement plan and individual investor holdings
- Other duties (3 hours / day)
- Information management and updates of data management system
- General office support duties including vendor and supply management
- Routine administrative duties including correspondence, mailings, etc.
Key Attributes of Candidate
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in an investment or financial services environment
- Experience with data management software such as Goldmine, Worldox, and others
Education & Experience
4 year accredited degree OR 7 years of relevant experience
We continually seek for process improvement to maximize efficiency. We seek for all office staff to assist with:
- Recommend management action to improve standard operating procedures.
- Develop and test new procedures.
- Take initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature.
Please answer five of the eight questions listed below when applying for the job. Your application will not be considered unless submitted with answers to questions and a cover letter.
1.) What circumstances bring you here today? / What circumstances have you looking for a new career today?
2.) What would you say are your two biggest weaknesses?
3.) What are your short and long-term goals? / Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
4.) What type of work environment do you prefer?
5.) What tools and habits do you use to stay organized?
6.) What was a major obstacle you had to overcome in the past year or two?
7.) Tell me about two memorable projects, one success and one failure. To what do you attribute the success and failure?
8.) How do you relieve stress?