Paul Davis Restoration

Paul Davis Restoration Employee Reviews

Fun work place to work
Mitigation Technician (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 13, 2015
i would meet at the shop, get the information on the job I'm going to. I'd either go with a coworker or a temp. We would either clean up after a fire or water loss. The hardest part of the day was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was how fast and easy the day went. I learned from working here that I can do whatever I put my mind to and can push myself to the limit.
Family owned nice place to be.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCMay 10, 2015
It was a great experience. I started my estimate/project management career there. Very helpful and always willing to help in any way.
Great advancement and job security
LEAD WATER/MOLD TECHNICATION AND ESTIMATOR (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 15, 2015
Very hectic and fast pace environment. Insurance company base. Very steady and reliable job with lots of advancement possibilities.
Small Independant Business
Mitigation Manager (Former Employee), Midland, MichiganApril 8, 2015
Pros: It was a job and an experiance that proved to me that I can do better
Cons: Ripping off home owners, Contractors and Insurance companys
Arrive at 8 am, update files in writing, schedule technicians, find the cheapest sub contractor and pay them even less. Struggle with improper equipment, ask employees to take weeks off at a time,
Superior Company
Private Contractor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2015
Great company, great atmosphere to work with. Loyal to their employees. Co-workers turned into something like family. Physically hard work, but felt great knowing you were helping someone in their time of need.
Another form of construction I eajoyed
Cleaner (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch at times
Cons: travel
Challenging; rewarding and good team work!
I was always given a chance to prove myself and show I could handle the work! Once that happened, I was given more freedom to do my work without supervision!
Cons: Temporary
Traveling all the time and having to pay your own transportation and motel!
Good people, just low pay and no advancment
Project Manager (Current Employee), Manassas, VAMarch 8, 2015
Not enough pay for the amount of hours. Great people for the most part but look at the fine print before signing the contract.
This office has since closed down
Owner/Partner/Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2015
This office has since closed down and is no longer in operation. When they were open they would strive to give good customer service.
Stressful and oft times unfriendly environment that did not provide a culture of willing team work
Lead Crew Technician (Current Employee), Folcroft, PAFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: never much personal time because of it being a 24 hr response industry
- Arrive in the office by 7:15-7:30am to receive instruction for the days work load.
- I learned the Restoration Industry from the paperwork side, to field operations, interacting with claims adjusters, mitigation teams, and policy holders on a daily basis.

- Because there was no real orientation of new employees in recent years, they often begin doing what they pleased, which would hurt work performance, show in their non-uniformed appearance, and at times show up in not being detail oriented.

- On calls...it was pretty much all of the time because we rarely kept a mid-sized to large crew because of voluntary termination.

- Helping customers/policy holders after their disaster struck. It was a joy to bring people from tears to smiles, sorrow to happiness, and disappointment to satisfaction.
Chaotic
Project Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2015
Lacks consistent management style and along with consistent bonus plan and an ever changing 401k policy. No work/life balance. Lacks open communication.
Good company with Great Ownership
Estimator & Project Manager (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: every day is different
Cons: lots of hours/on call
Fire, water, environmental restoration company. Work with insurance claims to restore structural damage. Available 24/7 for emergencies. Write free estimates/quotes.
Dedicated to customer service.
Project Manager/Estimator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: owners and the work
Cons: all the driving
I was a insurance estimator and project manager and loved it. Would still be there today if the company hadn't gone under. Great people, great owners, and great customer service.
No work/life balance. At all.
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDJanuary 1, 2015
When work is slow, you won't work. You are on call 24/7 with no compensation. Over time pay can be good when work is busy...can also work for 15 straight days.
Small company with struggles of staying afloat.
Lead Emergency Technician (Current Employee), Lexington, SCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: mostly away from the office that keeps the employees stressed.
Cons: short lunches, poor raises
Typical day at work, arrive at 8 A.M. and have a meeting with the Project Manager, discuss what needs to be done. Prep for the jobs and get started for the day. There are only to technicians, so the work load can be a bit much to handle. Most of our days consist of cleaning and fixing sub-contractors mess and jobs that were not completed correctly. I keep up a time log until the end of the day, 4:30. Every once in a while we will stay late when a water mitigation claim comes in and we have to respond.

I have learned to be a better supervisor. I have learned and bettered myself as an Emergency Technician as I am now the Lead Technician.

Management is awful for the owners are the managers. I am also under the Project manager, who is also an estimator. With there being only two technicians the project manager has to fight for both technicians to get his jobs to be completed for the owners are always having us do things that is not necessary or that the sub-contractors should be doing themselves.

The hardest part of the day is the end of the day when we have to come back to the shop/warehouse and see the stress level of the management. None of the employees seem happy to work with the owners because the owners don't seem to know how to run a business and keep the employees happy to be there.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when I can actually do the job I was hired to do and not have management trying to micromanage me and my helper.
Mismanagement
Receptionist/ Admin (Current Employee), Lexington, SCNovember 22, 2014
Pros: none for me
Cons: most people don't work here more than 3 months
Nobody is happy here, and plenty of disrespect between employees and employers. I only work here 2 hrs a day and hear all kinds of ugliness.I only answer the phones during the lunch hrs of 12-2 and am always hearing about how unhappy everybody is. The hardest part is listening to the employees and employers moaning and groaning. There is nothing enjoyable about this job.
Productive and learning experience
Fire Technician (Former Employee), Midland, MINovember 9, 2014
Pros: got to work with all different kinds of clients, learned how to use special chemicals for certain things.
Cons: unorganized, poor management
The typical day at work was packing clients things, unpacking, cleaning clients property.

The hardest part of my job was unpacking and moving all the furniture back.
Fun busy place to work
Project Manager/ Estimator (Current Employee), Belleview, FLNovember 2, 2014
To man chiefs and not enough Indians. Most employees are simply complacent.
Warehouse
Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new customers
Clock in then head straight to the warehouse to see what job is available. After loading equipment for job and completing the job you go on to the next job. While working with this company I have learned how to properly tear down a wall and dispose of it as well as other in home construction problems. The management was the worst of all. They treated my like the help especially if we were dealing with a rich customer. While stealing customers things from there home when they are away. Lying to the customers telling them that they should do a claim on a item that was not damaged so they can load it up on the Paul Davis truck to there house to sale the items at a garage sale. Two of the guys have a storage unit together where they stock up all of the customers belongings. By the time they figured out that I knew all the dirt they let me go. The co-workers were the management team. I enjoyed meeting the new customers.
unprofessional
Mitigation Tech (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDOctober 6, 2014
You are not compensated for the work you do in this lackluster work environment
Needs to be reported to OSHA
None (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: none!
Cons: no health benefits, little pay even with certifications
Unsafe work conditions. No benefits at all!!! Pay the African American men the least and work them the hardest and tell them they have no skills and experience when they do!!!! They are also looked over for raises and school for certification!! Are told repeatedly they will get a raise but don't!!! The owners girlfriend runs it, doesn't know what she's doing and breaking every labor law possible!!! Downgrading workers, cursing them, not paying them for work they did on overtime!! Taking hours they worked saying its for lunches they took when sometimes she don't let them take their 30 minute lunch because she wants them to finish a job, when they work 10 hours a day! Not a good company to work for. They don't care about the customers or the employees! The manager or the owner are hardly ever there running the business!!! They really need to have OSHA come in they would receive some hefty fines and a few lawsuits! Everything can be proved and lots of witnesses, including customers!! The manager tries to turn the employees against each other, and telling the employees who snitched on them and who's lying on them!! Not enough workers for demo jobs!

1 2 3 4