Stressful and oft times unfriendly environment that did not provide a culture of willing team work
Cons: never much personal time because of it being a 24 hr response industry
- Arrive in the office by 7:15-7:30am to receive instruction for the days work load.
- I learned the Restoration Industry from the paperwork side, to field operations, interacting with claims adjusters, mitigation teams, and policy holders on a daily basis.
- Because there was no real orientation of new employees in recent years, they often begin doing what they pleased, which would hurt work performance, show in their non-uniformed appearance, and at times show up in not being detail oriented.
- On calls...it was pretty much all of the time because we rarely kept a mid-sized to large crew because of voluntary termination.
- Helping customers/policy holders after their disaster struck. It was a joy to bring people from tears to smiles, sorrow to happiness, and disappointment to satisfaction.