Paul Davis Restoration Employee Reviews

Great Company, No Security
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 28, 2016
I worked for this company for just over 3 months. I loved my job and the workplace and thought I had been doing a really good job. This company is excellent at what they do. I had no complaints or reviews from management or other coworkers.

However, during my 95 days with this company, I had seen 3 key office employees quit or be fired as well as a countless number of field techs dropped quickly. On my 95th day, I was told that the position they had created for me was not working out and that they were letting me go immediately. It wasn't me, it was the position not working. Or me not working in the position.

Would I recommend this company? Yes. Should you keep your ears open and stay on your toes? Yes.
Pros
Great office environment and very active in the community.
Cons
Number crunchers and quick to act
Enjoyed working there
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Day at work was checking on job progress, ensuring that work was progressing on a daily basis, I learned a lot of different things about insurance companies and homeowners. I was taught well by management, co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of job was having to climb roofs to inspect roofs for damages. Most enjoyable part of job was meeting the homeowners and helping them to get their homes back to original condition or better. Seeing their satisfaction for a job well done.
Pros
Meeting homeowners that were so happy to be helped.
Cons
Having to wait for materials to complete job.
Horrible
Contents Associate (Former Employee) –  Centre, ALMarch 20, 2016
The manager I had was absolutely horrible. The advancement opportunities are few and far between. The goals they set are too difficult to reach. I was highly dissapointed with type of people allowed to be in management positions at this company.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count
Productive, learning new things
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 11, 2016
Working at Paul Davis Restoration I have learned a lot and still learn a lot everyday. Everyday we do something different in the field. My coworkers are hard working, dedicated, respectful workers. Personally the hardest part of the job would be some nights we are out for long periods of the night and don't get to spend much time with family. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to go to different jobs and see different scenarios and learn from them.
Pros
Great coworkers, paid lunch, job security
Cons
On-call, long hours
Great people and well managed
Mitigation Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2016
I took me moving away and working for a similar company to really appreciate what I had here. The people in charge know what they are doing and care very much about their employees. It's a tough business to be in, but if you are going to do it, this is where you want to be.
Pros
Great people, company vehicles, company events
Cons
Not always the easiest postion trying to keep the customer and insurance company happy.
Intense
Cleaning Technician,Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day at this type of company and the job duties that came with my position was very interesting and intense labor but over all i enjoyed it. This job taught me how homeowners, renters and insurance clients recover or dispose contents that was saved, cleaned and restored from water, mold, smoke and fire damage. management all ways kept thing in order such as directions to job site for that day or week, what needs to be done and material that each worker needed to have for that particular job which made it easier for the employee.
Pros
We Had the opportunity to bid on contents that the home owner didnt want
Cons
dangerous chemicals
A typical day at work, wait for a surprise!
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day will be, getting your assignment , your team, and be send off, encouraged to do your best, be respectful to the home / business owner, always do your best and remember that everyday, you learn something new.
Heavy Work load, at times. Management is blinded about the field.
Lead Crew Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 29, 2015
Get tools, Work, Go home.
Management does not have much of a clue on what is current in this field. Could be ran more time, and cost effective.

Loved to get my hands dirty, I enjoy the hard work.
Pros
Skills Gained
Cons
No benefits, slow work weeks at times.
bad management
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
not organized , communication was bad was fired for no reason they fired someone who worked there longer for someone who worked there for three months
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Good Place to Work
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 9, 2016
Its a good place to work. The management team is a good group of people and understand how restoration works. There is no health benefits and there working on a 401 K program. The on call is broke up between all the techs.
Pros
New job every day
Cons
no health care
Pdr
Estimating and Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2016
The payroll checks cleared. Other than that I wouldn't recommend working there. Hostile work environment, employees with no morale, overbearing management that talked down to you, and others
cool productive enviornment
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 1, 2016
thought the owners are a really neat family. and its a family owned business so they are very close to all the employees and makes sure to listen to your needs as well as making sure work gets done everyday.
Pros
great pay
Cons
mandatory overtime
A good Company to work for
Receptionist/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2016
Fast pas, the employees work good with each other and I learned new things. The management was very good and helped and trained me well. The company also acknowledged your work performance and talked to you about it.
Pros
Always had something to work with never not busy and thats what I liked about this company alot.
Cons
Having to leave
Typical workday
Project Manager/Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Monclova, OHApril 5, 2016
Check in at office with sales dept., check e-mails, obtain purchase orders for purchases, make calls for scheduling. visit job sites in progress. and if time allows may do carpentry work till next appointment.
Pros
some free reign given to perform job duties
Cons
unaffordable health insurance. No scheduled pay increases
Absolute lack of team work and a common goal for the company's well being. Performance not important in this "good ole boy" society.
Restoration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2012
When this organization began, it had the advantage of a family based atmosphere with the influence of a large company's teachings. The franchise grew extremely fast with no organization; however. Integrity and honesty and professionalism were long ago traded for a cut throat attitude of "ever man for himself". In order to succeed, you MUST be a wonderful politician and plan on giving up any chance of a home life. Do not plan on being recognized based on your performance unless you are part of the "good ole boy" system.
Pros
fairly strong mitigation department, competitive compensation package in 2011
Cons
construction dept wrought w/probs and mistakes, no consistency in treatment of employees, management not required to hve mngmnt training, no form chk & balance w/in co to protect employees, no monitoring of management behavior.
Needs to be reported to OSHA
None (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 27, 2014
Unsafe work conditions. No benefits at all!!! Pay the African American men the least and work them the hardest and tell them they have no skills and experience when they do!!!! They are also looked over for raises and school for certification!! Are told repeatedly they will get a raise but don't!!! The owners girlfriend runs it, doesn't know what she's doing and breaking every labor law possible!!! Downgrading workers, cursing them, not paying them for work they did on overtime!! Taking hours they worked saying its for lunches they took when sometimes she don't let them take their 30 minute lunch because she wants them to finish a job, when they work 10 hours a day! Not a good company to work for. They don't care about the customers or the employees! The manager or the owner are hardly ever there running the business!!! They really need to have OSHA come in they would receive some hefty fines and a few lawsuits! Everything can be proved and lots of witnesses, including customers!! The manager tries to turn the employees against each other, and telling the employees who snitched on them and who's lying on them!! Not enough workers for demo jobs!
Pros
none!
Cons
no health benefits, little pay even with certifications
Was not a steady business.
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  las veags, nvMarch 10, 2016
On call 24/7/365. Had no time to plan my life as I was always on call. Missed many of kids birthdays. hours could be upwards of 18-20 hours a day.
Busy
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORFebruary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Paul Davis but most of their work is during the winter. When summer came the work slowed down. Our budgets were very tight so finding subs to do the work within budget was tough. Overall it was a good place to work.
Pros
Freedom to manage jobs your way
Cons
Very tight budgets and only busy in the winter
Something Changed?
Manager (Former Employee) –  MDSeptember 8, 2015
It was once an amazing place to work. Everyone got along, worked as a team, management was supportive, professional and loyalty meant something. Now, it is nothing but favoritism, politics, unprofessionalism and lack of communication. It is really sad because a lot of us considered each other family and that is not the environment anymore.
Pros
Owner is very nice, Min. Micro Mgmt, Some position can telecommute
Cons
Lack of communication, No Human Resources to assist employees when needed
Chaotic
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2015
Lacks consistent management style and along with consistent bonus plan and an ever changing 401k policy. No work/life balance. Lacks open communication.

2.8