PAUL HASTINGS

PAUL HASTINGS United States Employee Reviews

Worst IT Department I have ever worked for.
IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: everything you can think of.
I worked at this company for over 8 years. I met the CFO(Stova Wong)one time. One time? Really?? Now i understand you do not need to do this but come on. Don't you want to find out what problems we are seeing? We are there to assist YOU and make YOU look good but yet you don't acknowledge us. The management had no clue what they were doing. They hired a Support Center Manager(Kara Tang) who was completely lost. No IT understanding. No understanding of ITLL. No communication skills. A complete failure of a manager. There were about 15 of us who watched in bewilderment as to how she even became a manager. The person who hired her, another manager(Kathy Hamburg), never had meetings with our group. Never asked us questions. She pretty much could careless as to what we thought. This IT dept was setup for failure. Without any management communication with the rest of the team it was doomed from the beginning. The 15 of us worked our tails off without any reports of our progress. We worked without moral support and at least a thank you. We did everything they asked for and yet they failed as an IT dept. The staff and associates from this company never knew how bad we had it. Some of us even made HR complaints against these individuals yet they still work there and the rest of us have been laid off. They outsourced our group. Be very careful if you decide to work for their IT dept. Message from a former employee.
Very competitive and work driven environment
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 9, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: work life balance
I had a great opportunity to work on a very important case. The client was an international client. I worked for a great team. The hardest part of the job was the consistency of overtime and working until about 5am in the morning and having to return a couple of hours later on only a few hours sleep.
4x10 is nice but has management problems.
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: 10x4 work schedule; friendly coworkers, good food options around location
Cons: management issues
Was nice to have an extra day off a week here although this created longer working hours.

Initial management was tougher on us but also fought for us. After he left, New Management initially eased our department with lighter attitude but also was very self-interest motivated.

IE She would be quick to simultaneously accept credit for accomplishments from our group while placing blame on our group if something went wrong. She would quickly implement suggestions from other groups and upper management while denying our own advice and consequently rather than helping to shift IT into a cooperative cohesive unit, it created a lot more strain and tension ultimately resulting in the dissolution of IT Support as a whole.

Management needs to analyze and be more connected with what's actually going on in the environment in general. Otherwise workplace was fair, although little to no room for advancement was possible regardless of work output.
professional and knowledgeable in legal services
Senior Support Center Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: management
At times, a typical day at work was challenging when providing technical support services to our end users. I learned the IT operations of a global law firm. Management at times could be difficult to work with. Co-workers were very helpful and knowledgeable. I enjoyed working with every single one of them. Hardest part of the job was communicating with upper management and having their support. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with, the experienced I gained, and the opportunities given to me to perform my job well.
Leading international law firm that excels in the corporate world, and treats employees like family.
Audio-Visual Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2012
Pros: opportunities to be creative and make suggestions to enhance work production
Cons: walking down 25 flights of stairs during fire drills.
A typical day involved producing videos that were uploaded to a website and shared with 19 offices all over the world. Environment was fast paced, challenging, and interesting.

Professional team players made the environment enjoyable and productive. Hardest part of the job, juggling work life balance and meeting deadlines. Most enjoyable aspects, helping others gain knowledge in their field, via produced videos, traveling and meeting colleagues from all over the world.
Very Productive Company
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2012
Paul Hastings was a very productive place to work for. My days working were very fast paced. I was constantly busy. There was never really a down time.