Paul Miller Trucking Employee Reviews

Ben threw all the the changes and half to say they are doing real good now
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Ben here bout 6 years. got good people in the office doin good an my dispatcher does pretty darn good with planning my loads.i do diff things here like recovery work.
Pros
great driver manger, Paul Jr and Sr are good guys an half ben good to me
Cons
more stick shifts for company guys
no complaints here
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 22, 2018
I am nuthin but happy here as a owner operator. dispatch treatin me good he is on top of his game my pay has been really good. I really appreciate that someone called to follow up with me after a lil bit workin to check up on how i was feelin.
Pros
follow up calls to check, good communicating, love my dispatcher
Cons
i am owner operator so i pay for fuel and tolls but thats anywhere
Company seems to really care about doing whats right
CDL Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Orientation was great they taught alot and had differemt ppl come in for different parts of the company like payroll and dispatchers. Paid 120$ for it plus food and travel and my hotel. They taught their Elog system Peoplenet in the classroom and did a real life 'dummy load' in the truck. I also received some driver mentorm#'s to help me when im on the road. The retention lady is there for any problems that come up you can tell the company has grown alot and is doing their best and have good values
Pros
decent load planning, good communication, flexible with me and my scheudle with my daughter
Cons
automatic volvos for company drivers i prefer manual but this is still a nice truck
happy with office people
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 20, 2018
terminal has good people working there I really feel like they care about my problems and when i have an issue they are they are there to fix it they try hard
Pros
so far so good
Cons
bobtailing
great company to work for, great people working here
Local CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp hill, paFebruary 20, 2018
Im a local driver and home every day. I work nights and happy with that. Good structure, i'm happy to work here. The management is good now, and the dispatchers are friendly and caring.
Pros
good people, good atmosphere, friendly, caring, decent consistent money
Cons
working on getting more trailers
surprised at how well the company handles business- good hardworking caring people working in the office
CDL Regional driver (Current Employee) –  camp hill, paFebruary 19, 2018
surprised at how well the company handles business- the recruiters did their part in getting me in with honesty and integrity, the orientation was smooth and well organized, there is a retention manager whose job is only to keep us drivers happy and take complaints and make changes which is great i never seen that in a company. My dispatcher is great, communication is good. No issues with pay , I yet. I plan to stay here awhile
Pros
good people, good trucks, good money
Cons
none so far
happy here after 5 years
Lease Purchase Driver (Current Employee) –  camp hill, paFebruary 19, 2018
my pay has been consistent after lease payment and all comes out still bringing home great money. my dispatchers are great and helpful is convienient they predispatch me to keep rollin
Pros
pre dispatching, good dispatchers, great pay
Cons
open up fuel card at all fuel locations
February 22, 2018

We are excited to see you are happy at PMT and thank you for what you've done to this point!

good hours good pay nice people
Cleaning Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp hill, paFebruary 19, 2018
I just started a few weeks in, I like it here so far, it is better pay than where I was and really good hours. Nice office people, nice management. Drivers are nice.
Pros
good hours good pay nice people
Cons
healthcare after 60 days
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate your hard work!

This is the best company I have drove for so far.
Lease Purchase Driver (Current Employee) –  CAMP HILL, PAFebruary 16, 2018
Great communication. I leased purchased a nice freightliner. Off weekends but sometimes I volunteer. This company tries hard to make things right for the driver and has improved the last 6 months I been here.
Pros
I love my truck
Cons
Own tolls and fuel but is worth it its my truck
February 21, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback, and we are glad to hear the Lease/Purchase Program is working out for you so far!

Company is moving in the right direction!
Retention Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Very happy with my experience so far at Paul Miller Trucking. It seems the negative reviews are from drivers who didn't put forth any effort and expected something for nothing, most of whom are never happy anywhere they go. Smart, Experienced drivers find this company refreshing and are very happy to be with us. My position is both challenging and rewarding. I get to work closely with the drivers and help resolve any issues that arise. The office staff do their best to keep the drivers happy and everyone has a voice- which is expected with a Family oriented organization. Drivers are treated like family, acknowledged by their names- not just a number like the bigger companies. PMT has made tremendous improvements the last few months and things are only getting better every day. Upper management is very well involved in making changes for the better and listens to the drivers. Looking forward to continuing growing my career here with PMT!
Pros
Friendly, caring office staff, family oriented business, growth potential
Cons
Negative reviews based on inexperienced drivers
February 21, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We know your position can be challenging at time, but appreciate the effort you're willing to put forth to help PMT succeed!

Feel lucky to have landed here.
CDL Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Great orientation training and office people truly care about the company and their drivers. Especially my dispatcher who takes the time to help me with all my questions. Retention has been following up with me to make sure everything is going okay too. Hope it continues to go so well, this company has a really good outfit and i hope to be here for a long time. My miles have been great so far keeping me busy, I also appreciate the $1000 minimum for the 1st month of paychecks its a good safety net while learning the customers and routes and elog system.
Pros
great dispatcher and communication, great miles, and pay minimum for new hires also helped me with cash advance to get started
Cons
none so far
February 21, 2018

We appreciate you putting in the time here, and value you as another member of the team. Keep up the great work!

good load planning awesome dispatcher
CDL A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Been here almost 2 years now and i am happy.was given cash advance when i started to help me til my first pay day. My dispatcher is awesome and planning is good, good money and office people.
Pros
load planning, dispatch is great, cash advance
Cons
fueling at TA's and Petros. Miss Pilot
February 21, 2018

Glad to hear you like it here, and we hope to contribute to your sustained happiness!

Really care about their drivers
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Camp hill, paFebruary 2, 2018
Coming up on my 6 year anniversary and I am happy here. They accommodate my schedule wonderfully, my dispatcher is perfect, his communication with understanding couldn't be more happy. Pay is good and consistent. Never had a problem with payroll or the maintenance shop. The office people at the terminal really care about the drivers and have people in place to take care of any issues you may have. The girl in the lobby/Retention handles any questions or concerns I have right away. The customers are okay- if you are a good driver you will make money and be happy here.
Pros
caring office staff, good money, good equipment
Cons
changes in office, but productive and caring to make changes
February 5, 2018

We are glad you have seen the positive change. Happy anniversary, and we look forward to having you on board for another 6 years and beyond!

The company has changed for the better
CDL A Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp hill, paFebruary 1, 2018
Been here a total of 3 years, glad to be back. Pay scale is pretty good and my load planning has been okay. For the most part I am treated well. The girl in the lobby is sweet and very helpful.
Pros
good pay scale, load planning
Cons
Holiday pay eligible after 60 days
The company has changed for the better
CDL A Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp hill, paFebruary 1, 2018
Pros
good pay scale, load planning
Cons
Holiday pay eligible after 60 days
February 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're happy to have you back and look forward to your continued success. Stay safe out there!

So far so good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 1, 2018
The people in the terminal are very nice and helpful. The recruiting department does whatever they can to help me with questions and my dispatcher is very polite and plans me well. They all try hard and definitely care and they making big changes
Pros
good orientation training and pay, get to keep truck, nice truck, nice office people
Cons
some customers are live loads
February 5, 2018

We understand that live loads aren't necessarily ideal, but appreciate your efforts to this point!

Alot of good changes happening here
Local CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 4, 2018
The company has made some major growth and changes just in the last month. They cleaned house in the offices and have made strides to improve every aspect of the company from honest recruiting to better communication with dispatch. They have so many more loads than drivers right now so the loads and money is there come get it!!!
Pros
lots of opportunity to take loads, and overtime, good trucks
Cons
Automatic super single newer volvos, prefer clutch but these arent so bad especially for local drivers and going into the city
January 5, 2018

Thank you for your positive review, and stay safe out there!!

Turnover, turnover, turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 19, 2017
Poorly run (from the top). Bad business decisions. Company has a bad reputation for a reason. Operationally, the employees have been tasked with trying to float a sinking boat. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. And Yes, I too am sorry to hear that I had such a bad experience with the company, but I will not be willing to call and talk about to let you know how you can make it better. IT WON'T GET BETTER.
Pros
None !!
Cons
STAY AWAY Doors will be closing soon (literally).
December 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We understand your frustration given the circumstances and, while these comments are not true, we would still like to wish you the best of luck moving forward.

Do yourself the favor, RUN!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 1, 2017
They are eager to fire employees but not train the employees they have. I was a new employee there and received 2 days of training and was told if I was not done with my work in 10 hours, I needed to stay until it was done. I did not know their systems at all when taking the job there and did not pretend to know what I was doing.I learn fast but still needed to be properly trained. The turnover for drivers is awful and they put so much responsibility on the driver managers. The management is horrific and make you feel unappreciated. Just an awful place of employment!
Pros
Paid weekly, some nice and helpful employees
Cons
They are not honest, and do not appreciate the work put in by employees. Place is just horrible!
December 11, 2017

We are sorry to hear you felt you were not properly trained in your position. We have recently implemented new protocol to ensure this does not happen moving. If you have any other concerns you feel you need to express, please give us a call at 717-225-5787 ext. 126. We wish you luck in the future!

Saw potential in me and helped train me where i needed help and got me on the road
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 21, 2017
Training was very informative and gave me additional training to get me more comfortable backing in and then i passed my road test and got my 1st load. The orientation trainer was there to help with the system in the truck after training and dispatch was helpful along the road when I called in with questions. I recommend going to drive this company, use me as a reference, Robert Settle.
Pros
additional training, nice office people, good location for local CDL driver in this area, good pay
November 24, 2017

Glad to have you as part of the team, Robert, and thank you for your positive feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paul Miller Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

Paul Miller Trucking Reviews by Location