MULTIPLE JAVA POSITIONS OPEN. This is only 1 of them!
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Have you ever considered the way an application changes when the number of active users transitions from hundreds to thousands? What about thousands to millions? Have you experienced first-hand what it is like when an application scales well outside its design? Did you learn from it? Are you ready to apply that knowledge and work with new consumer facing and carrier-grade applications?
We are hunting for a senior java developer to take a lead role in the development of buzzword heavy cloud-hosted carrier-grade fault-tolerant java web applications.
- Design solutions to existing impediments to scaling into the multi-million active user range.
- Coordinate and participate in development effort to implement solutions (no armchair design here, you are in the trenches with the team)
- Monitor and analyze the production systems to predict future challenges
This position reports to the VP of Appliances. Assignments will determine collaboratively based on past performance and skill.
- 5 years of software development experience
- 2 years of java experience directly related to scalable web-based applications
Specific Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read and understand legacy and open-source source code
- Knowledge of modern web application design
oSolutions for resiliency and high-availability
- Strong software architecture skills
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages:
Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies:
- Cloud Hosting Stacks (RackSpace/OpenStack, AWS-api)
- Cloud Load Balancers (Elastic Load Balancers, Rackspace Load Balancers)
- Stand-alone Load Balancers (HAProxy, Pound, nginx, etc)
Other skill requirements:
- Experience with Agile Development is a plus
- Experience with Source Control in a Team Environment is a plus
oGit is preferred