Regional Field Technician is responsible for cooperatively working with Network Operations Center (NOC) and Technical Support to discover issues, fix and maintain current networks in the assigned geographical region. This position works in accordance with Pavlov Media Field Operations standard operating procedures.
This role cooperates with and is under the direction of the Regional Technical Manager to review current customer network configurations and support history to enhance client service and network efficiency.
The role of the Field Technician is to provide customer support and technical services as needed to ensure the region remains in compliance with all contractual Standard Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Work trouble work orders in accordance with Field Operations policies and procedures; upon completion or upon request, communicates status of work orders to Technical Support team
- Periodically assists NOC to resolve property tickets.
- Resolves or escalates site issues or questions within the established and acceptable timeframe.
- Maintains ownership of issues and follows through on all customer issues until those issues are properly closed.
- Collects all pertinent tools, contact information, and travel information prior to traveling to a project site. Establishes relationship with point of contact at all sites.
- Per design, assembles and installs DATA and VIDEO equipment (router, switch, receivers, dishes and amplifiers) in the MDF, IDF, and Building Units. This work includes racking equipment, connecting, testing and orchestrating turn-up with Pavlov Network Operations Center and documenting equipment in accordance with manager/NOC guidelines
- Installs distribution nodes consisting of amplifiers, splitters, taps
- Sets RF levels on forward and return path * Installs fiber optic, CAT5, and coaxial cable in horizontal underground conduit, vertical riser, and plenum rated ceilings as needed.
- Terminates cable to include fusion splicing of fiber optic cable, RJ-45 connectors, and compression coaxial fittings as needed.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Vocational degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with grounding techniques, application and installation.
- Familiarity with CAT5, Fiber Optics techniques, application and installation.
- Must have a working knowledge of LAN and WAN networks with experience in troubleshooting LAN/WAN, server and TCPIP networking problems.
- Must have a working knowledge of CATV systems including cable modems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows (2000, NT, XP or Vista), Macintosh, Adobe Acrobat. PC hardware and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- What do we do? It's Easy! Focusing on MDU (Multi Dwelling Unit) Communities, our motto is "Simply Exceptional Connections Nationwide." We design, build and operate internet, wireless, satellite, and cable networks.
- We aren't going away any time soon. We've been in business nearly 20 years! Having a national presence with key markets in Indianapolis, Atlanta, Raleigh, Englewood and Tucson, Pavlov Media is a major competitor and continues to grow and expand!
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits program that include majority medical paid, flex spending, dental, flextime program, and a business casual environment.
- We are always on the cutting edge of technology with a fast-paced work environment that will never leave you bored. Pavlov Media consistently offers exciting opportunities for both career and personal growth.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard