Pawnee Mental Health Services Employee Reviews

horrible place to work
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Concordia, KSJanuary 11, 2017
Lots of back stabbing, staff members target 1 person, supervisors don't do anything to stop the harrassment, never get raises, always expected to do more and more in less time, even if u have to donate your time to get it done, outside of your 40 hrs. Very negative environment to work in. It's like being in high school with lots of drama all the time. I quit due to all the drama and back stabbing. Supervisors have very different expectations, based on who you are. I was one of the people where nothing was good enough. Upper management received raises every year and yet case managers and attendant care providers never received raises.
Pros
enjoyed helping and working with clients, both adults and kids
Cons
Poor wages, negative work environment
A Great Place to Work Where You Can Make a Difference!
Direct Services (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 1, 2016
I've worked for this company for several years and have really enjoyed it. Management is very supportive and wants you to be successful. I work with a great bunch of people. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun as long as you get your work done. Most of the management has come up through the ranks so they can relate to staff on all levels. You're not going to get rich working at a non-profit, but if you want to work with good people who are by and large there for the right reasons you should consider Pawnee. They offer good benefits too.
Pros
Family oriented workplace with a lot of flexibility
Cons
Wages could be better, but not bad
A great learning experience.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 14, 2012
Directed calls to appropriate person or departments; responsible for making appointment confirmation calls; took incoming calls to schedule appointments.
Greeted customers entering for appointments.
Typed letters for therapist and other staff members, reviewed appointment schedules for accuracy.
Provided information to the public regarding services.
Pros
enjoyed the working staff and i learned alot.
Cons
short breaks.
Flexible schedule with great rewards and incredible connections with community members.
PATH Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 10, 2012
No day is typical at my current job. I assist homeless individuals find affordable housing and apply for social security benefits. Everyday is a challenge and never dull. The hardest part of my job is dealing with individuals that are so down on their luck or have burned bridges in their communities. It makes it difficult to successfully place them. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding housing for a family or single person and seeing the excitement in their face. I have learned many things in this job and how the world really operates and have made many collaborations with community officials and members.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great team work and upper management
Cons
emotional stress
Part-Time
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 26, 2013
Worked for non-profit company doing daily deposits on a part-time basis.
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pawnee Mental Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8