Pawnee Mental Health Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Co workers are awesome, flexibility, terrible management/supervisor
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 13, 2017
My co workers were great, you’re over worked and under paid. Don’t expect your supervisor to help with anything. Management is fake, lacks responsibility and holding people accountable for their actions. Poor communication between therapists/med staff/supervisors/receptionists. No one understands that receptionists deal with a lot and have quite the work load sometimes. No raises are given after 90 days.
Pros
Paid time off, flexibility
Cons
Supervisor lacked responsibility, stressful, underpaid and over worked, no one appreciates the work you do
No chance for raises
Client Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 1, 2017
Upper management have not taken the time to learn all the work roles and do not realize how hard administrative staff work for so little. Pawnee is not a place that gives raises often. I have worked over 10 years and only had 2 raises.
Enjoyed the satisfaction of working in social work field helping others. Enjoyed working with friendly and dependable co-workers.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 22, 2017
Workplace environment is very good. Facilities are good. Benefits are good. Pay is below average. Environment is very healthy call workers help each other.
Enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSJuly 20, 2017
I have learned a great deal related to mental health patients and medications, the availability of services city and statewide. I thoroughly enjoy the people I work with as well as the patients. Coordinate care for patient with other disciplines, administer medications, assist with community resources, patient entitlement and access to resources.
Pros
flexible, great staff and management
Cons
can't think of any
Very poor culture. Upper management is awful, they live in a different reality. Supervisors are not held to expectations.
No body special (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSJuly 10, 2017
Poor culture, poor leadership. Wish the board would wipe the slate clean and put a Community Mental Health Facility back into our communities. Is managed by friends who will not hold each other and their staff. If you are looking for a place of employment , with training, growth and overall positive work environment, Pawnee Mental Health is not the place for you.
Pros
Life lessons to be learned.
Cons
Poor management, poor salary and most important, Culture. Which is a shame since we are supposed to be mental health professionals.
High workload with low pay compared to other social service agencies
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 3, 2017
This agency will put a heavy workload on an employee, but the employee will receive the same pay year after year without a raise. There is a culture where staff members will talk disrespectful about clients to other co workers. The most enjoyable experience is seeing clients become successful. This agency is not one that a person can have a career with unless they have a part-time job to supplement the low pay.
Pros
Everyday is not the same as the previous day.
Cons
Low Pay, Low Morale, Poor Culture, Overworked Staff Members.
Pawnee Mental Health
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 19, 2017
This job is demanding and difficult. Not only do you have to deal with difficult clients, the worst part is handling the inept administration. The ship is sinking and this is not a good place to invest in a future career.
horrible place to work
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Concordia, KSJanuary 11, 2017
Lots of back stabbing, staff members target 1 person, supervisors don't do anything to stop the harrassment, never get raises, always expected to do more and more in less time, even if u have to donate your time to get it done, outside of your 40 hrs. Very negative environment to work in. It's like being in high school with lots of drama all the time. I quit due to all the drama and back stabbing. Supervisors have very different expectations, based on who you are. I was one of the people where nothing was good enough. Upper management received raises every year and yet case managers and attendant care providers never received raises.
Pros
enjoyed helping and working with clients, both adults and kids
Cons
Poor wages, negative work environment
A Great Place to Work Where You Can Make a Difference!
Direct Services (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 1, 2016
I've worked for this company for several years and have really enjoyed it. Management is very supportive and wants you to be successful. I work with a great bunch of people. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun as long as you get your work done. Most of the management has come up through the ranks so they can relate to staff on all levels. You're not going to get rich working at a non-profit, but if you want to work with good people who are by and large there for the right reasons you should consider Pawnee. They offer good benefits too.
Pros
Family oriented workplace with a lot of flexibility
Cons
Wages could be better, but not bad
Low communication with supervisor
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 17, 2015
It seems that I could never have good communication with my supervisor. I was moving from part-time to full-time and after 8 weeks I was over trying to get my hours and trying to get communication with my supervisor.
Part-Time
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 26, 2013
Worked for non-profit company doing daily deposits on a part-time basis.
Cons
Low pay
A great learning experience.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 14, 2012
Directed calls to appropriate person or departments; responsible for making appointment confirmation calls; took incoming calls to schedule appointments.
Greeted customers entering for appointments.
Typed letters for therapist and other staff members, reviewed appointment schedules for accuracy.
Provided information to the public regarding services.
Pros
enjoyed the working staff and i learned alot.
Cons
short breaks.
Flexible schedule with great rewards and incredible connections with community members.
PATH Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 10, 2012
No day is typical at my current job. I assist homeless individuals find affordable housing and apply for social security benefits. Everyday is a challenge and never dull. The hardest part of my job is dealing with individuals that are so down on their luck or have burned bridges in their communities. It makes it difficult to successfully place them. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding housing for a family or single person and seeing the excitement in their face. I have learned many things in this job and how the world really operates and have made many collaborations with community officials and members.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great team work and upper management
Cons
emotional stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pawnee Mental Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7