PAWS Chicago

PAWS Chicago Employer Reviews

PAWS Chicago
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2013
Pros: love animals, rewarding
Cons: can become expensive, can be physically draining
Volunteer opportunity, spend time with puppies and kittens when I have extra time and money. Going to school currently for veterinary technician and this gives me added experiences, and reminds me of what I’m working towards. I am a bleeding heart for animals, and this is a wonderful no kill shelter that is very under staffed and functions mostly with – more... the help from volunteers, and donations from the community. Everything they receive goes directly back into the facility to save homeless pets. – less
Meaningful experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2013
PAWS gives me a place to feel great about myself and help dogs and cats at the same time.
Great work environment, passionate team
Database and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2012
As a Database and Administrative Assistant at PAWS Chicago, I ensure that the day-to-day operations of the office run smoothly. I answer the main phone line, and help individuals with many needs, ranging from taking donations to helping individuals with animal behavior advice. I answer inquiries about the No-Kill movement, and PAWS Chicago. I also handle – more... matching donations from corporations, reconcile all credit card transactions processed, and input donations into our Raiser's Edge Database.

I also oversee PAWS Chicago's Tribute Card program - I take tribute donation information, and send cards as requested. I send donors acknowledgments, and thank them for their support of our cause and organization. I also monitor donations, sending thank-you cards to those who requested donations in lieu gifts, or in memorandum of loved ones in lieu of flowers.

I ensure that potential and current donors feel appreciated for supporting PAWS, and help understand more about the No-Kill movement. – less