Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Unethical & unirganized
Employer Shared Responsibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2017
I worked in the ESR dpt at the Undy call center. Paychex is highly unorganized. Management is terrible & encouraged us to lie to clients constantly. The culture is terrible. No one in other department know anything about what other departments do. Most people are rude & miserable. They knowingly file wrong tax forms for their clients to the IRS then take no responsibility when clients call in upset. The supervisors are terrible & know nothing about the job. Low pay as well.
Benefits
Ok work environment
Administrative Assistant I-Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 25, 2017
work environment was good, employee's were pleasant, no room for advancement, or salary increase. Supervisor, was not the most pleasant person to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No advancement
Great place
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 23, 2017
Great place to work. The supervisors are phenomenal. This is a Monday-Friday job 8-5, so its great to be able to get off at a decent time, and spend time with your family. There is always room to grow with this company. The training they provide is excellent. They ensure you are ready to go before they set you loose. Your team is always willing to answer questions, and to help if you feel like you are behind. The cons... very stressful. You can get a high client count, and get very fare behind if you miss a day, some clients can get very out of line, and its a constant changing environment. You have to be prepared to change the way you do things, very quickly.... and sometimes multiple times.
Pros
lots of free food
Cons
workload
Sr. Retirement Benefits Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2017
I was always told that if you do not have anything nice to say do not say anything at all. The only reason I am filling this out is due to the fact it will not allow me to proceed unless I do
A Great Payroll Company
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for Paychex, Inc. It is a fantastic company which provides strong training, outstanding benefits to its employees, and provides a great work environment.
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYApril 20, 2017
Paychex was a great place to work. The office atmosphere was professional. The chance for advancement was limitless. I enjoyed working here and would highly recommend it.
Nice environment but little room for growth
Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
Although the culture and environment is great to work in you're more likely to get promoted if you're someone's friend than actually putting in work. It was stated upon hiring that I'd need to be in my position for a year before I could advance anywhere else. They seem to only advance people in one office and the employee they chose over me had only worked there for 6 months. No matter how hard you work, if you don't know the right people then you're going no where. I have put in literally twice the work than most other employees but my supervisor seems to want to keep me in my same position with no growth options.
Pros
Free Lunches, Company wide contests
Cons
Nepotism
Strong Culture through company values
Online Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 19, 2017
CEO has created a more relaxed culture and makes sound decisions for the company.
Company is continuously looking to improve service models for clients
Great benefits
Productive Workplace
Sr. District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 18, 2017
Productive Workplace, Great Culture, Entrepreneurial work environment. Collaborative work environment. Good work life balance. Great benefits. Long term career opportunities.
Not for everyone
Core Sales (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 18, 2017
Sales is a tough job and it will be anywhere. Paychex does its best for its employees. It is very independent and what you gain is what you put in as a rep. It takes a while to build a decent pipeline and the best reps are the ones who have been in the business the longest. While building the pipeline can be fun, there is pressure to perform as little as 6 months into the role which can be very stressful. You will find yourself working on days off and even wondering if having days off is worth it.
Great Company to Work For
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2017
Been with company for 22 years and they are a great company to work for. They offer great benefits, wellness and work/life balance.

They have all the training you require and will help you in any way possible.
Pros
Jeans days, wellness/shape up programs, heathcare
Paychex
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2017
There is no micromanaging at all about this company. There is alot of positive support and and motivation from managers and fellow staff. The pay here is not welll But it is sales
Review
Retirement Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 15, 2017
Strong Earning Potential. Management can be shaky at times. Overall company is not focused on mission statement. Looking to grow in to many fields to soon. Company needs to look at metric and dynamics for each territory. They are strong with a quota yet the territory zips and areas do not match. For example. Someone in Cherry Hill has a quota of 14,000 per month and so does someone down the shore area. Hence a none level playing field for earning potential. I'm personally looking to travel less and move closer to my family.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Poor benefits, Time off ect
Great
Core Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2017
When I worked at this company it offered great benefits and opportunities for advancement. They were a bit male heavy at the top which left a ceiling on how far women were advanced.
aychex offers a ton in development, training and advancement.
Sr. UI Developer/UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 12, 2017
Good place to work. Culture is good for people who are single or have a family. There are opportunities to grow and develop and possibly get promoted. The company does their best to be the best.
Overall Satisfied
Scrum Master/Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2017
My manager values work/life balance which is something I truly value here at Paychex. I have the flexibility to work from home and come in when I need to.
Great company, solid benefits, lots of pressure to perform.
Enterprise Software Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 10, 2017
Great company, but the pressure on pipelines and forecast is incredible day to day. Salesforce and your calendar run you life and the management team is good, but it's very much a "clap club".
Over worked staff
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  NyApril 8, 2017
Changing to call center, rolls out products too quickly, doesn't take advice from the field, cares more about analytics than anything else. Great benefits though.
Toxic
District Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 7, 2017
Honestly, I loved my job, but the environment just got worse and worse. Sales manager only cares about numbers! I wasn't a sales rep, and I even felt belittled. Anything you say will make its way around the office, and once someone doesn't like you, good luck. Everyone talks about everyone. The office can be fun at times, but it can be hostile too. If you don't mind inappropriate comments and conversation everyday for the majority of the day, sign up! There were very few times I felt appreciated for my work. It was like pulling teeth trying to get a raise.
Pros
Benefits, lax office, occasional free lunch
Cons
Environment, manager, some coworkers, lack of appreciation, turnover, lack of communication and trust
Micromanaged
Health and Benefits Rep (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2017
Paychex is a good company. In sales, there are several avenues you can take. You can sell HR services, payroll, retirement accounts, and health and benefits.However, the different divisions are in silos and everyone is micromanaged from the executive level down. Sales reps from different divisions can be uncooperative and out for themselves only. It's hard to trust anyone. Also, compensation is below market so turnover is constant.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Silos, micromanaging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.