Paychex, Inc.

Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Internal Advancement and Camaderie
Regional Assistant (Current Employee), North Reading, MAJune 22, 2015
I have been employed at Paychex as a Regional Assistant and Sales Assistant for over 7 years where I have gained valuable experience and knowledge. My performance at Paychex Inc. has been rewarded through series of promotions and advancements.
Productive and Flexible
Performance Engineer (Co-op) (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 22, 2015
Pros: Work from homr
Cons: No team lunches etc
We were 5 Interns in the company and it was an amazing experience at Paychex. The flexibility provided by our manager and space given to us to explore, learn and do things our way made me grow. I enjoyed what I did. Investigating the performance of the application and make it better, analyzing future issues gave me a command over my Job.
Paychex is a fun place to work
Imaging Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: A lot of parties
Cons: No over time
Our days were very busy. Our department took on many assignments from other depts. In my years at Paychex I learned a variety of computer programs. My co-workers were more like family. We all got a long and worked as a team to get the job done. Management was always open to new ideas that would aid in getting a job done.
Good Company
Administrative Assistant I/Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 16, 2015
I was there for 9 years, it was a great place to build on some of my talents. The coworkers were nice and easy to get along with.
Great opportunity
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), ctJune 9, 2015
I had a great ride at Yellowbook. The company treated me very well, and the company paid me well. It's a very hard job, but very rewarding.
Great Office and Great Experience
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Understanding Leadership
Cons: Rate of pay
I have enjoyed my work at my office immensely. I started working there upon graduation from University and basically grew up there. I have learned a great deal from them and they helped mold me into the productive man I am today. I enjoy the social aspect of the office environment and thrive on having a smile in every moment of my day.
Going Through a re-organization with little communication
CSS (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 7, 2015
Pros: Local mgmt working hard to build and maintain a culture
Cons: Senior level mgmt show zero concern for front line contributors and middle mgmt
People are being shuffled in and out of roles with little communication; front line employees have been left in the dark; productivity numbers continue to increase (i.e. "do more with less"), and 150 people were just laid off. New SVP was clearly hired to make company leaner, but engagement and morale are being directly affected. Stock price is increasing, but on the backs of front line employees who are being asked to do the impossible-serve 300+ clients with the best service possible-good luck with your 150 emails (no exaggeration) per day all while making $18 per hour. People are leaving for a reason-could earn a similar wage in a much less stressful environment, and the culture has completely eroded.

Leaders at multiple levels are ill-informed of the rash of changes happening, and other leaders are being shuffled around to new managers-one co-worker was assigned to 4 different managers in 4 weeks.
I would recommend Paychex
Virtual Sales Representative- Ancillary (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 5, 2015
I would recommend Paychex as a it is a great place to work. I started working there right out of college, and have been there for almost 13 years. I have been in sales my entire time there.
Great place like a family
Receptionist (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 2, 2015
It was an enjoyable place to work. We always got our job's done and the day went by very fast. I've made some life long friends. Year end is a challenge & stressful. But we get thru it.
Great company
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 1, 2015
Great company, lots of room for growth. Must be willing to change with the company. Lots of "experimental" positions that often don't work out.
Understanding
Receptionist (Current Employee), Kent, WAMay 31, 2015
Pros: good group team atmosphere
Cons: sometimes stressful
It's a great place to work if you have a family, they really understand that family comes first . I appreciate that as a sole parent.
descent environment
National Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: difficult supervisors
an amazing learning experience tough work days with unrealistic quotas supervisor staff was not always excellent. learned a lot about payroll and taxes. working with outside sales reps was a great stepping stone to working with business etc
It's a great place to work. People are the greatest.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 28, 2015
Work was busy...took on many other departments and job duties. My co-workers are the ones that made it such a fun and great place to work. I really enjoyed my job.
stable company with growth
Regional Field Operations Trainer (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 27, 2015
While it is a good company, they pay significantly lower than competitors. They have good work/life balance programs.
Prodoctive and many trip for vacations.
mailroom clerk / data entry specialist (Former Employee), MinnesotaMay 26, 2015
Pros: free ticket / free hotel expenses
Cons: change of shift
Got chance to travel a lot to meet other Paychex employees. Cross training for all employees. Did a lot of multi-task jobs. Safe and dependable place.
Good company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 26, 2015
Things are ALWAYS changing here but it keeps things interesting. most of the employees here have been here for 10+ years
Friendly enviornment fun place to work,
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Alot of free breakfasts and lunches.
Cons: None
I opened the office, got payrolls ready for clients to pick up, answered the phones, did faxes and the direct deposit audit daily. Also separated mail and gave out to office. I learned the direct deposit audit a few years ago while also doing telephones, faxes etc. I enjoyed seeing my regular clients everyday and listening to them.
Wonderful culture with a growing environment
Field Operations Trainer (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLMay 26, 2015
• Partners with Operations and Sales to assist with trainings based on team needs
• Designed and implemented training bootcamps in southeast region
• Partnered with Corporate Trainers to prepare and implement ongoing training sessions for Implementation and product knowledge
• Responsible for having knowledge on all products and services to ensure training success
• Conducts new employee on-boarding and training, including mentoring during orientation
• Works with management to diagnose employee performance and develop action plans
• Prepares and delivers weekly training sessions for operations in southeast region
Good place to work, but boring
Human Resources Online Advisor (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Boring work
Paychex is a great place to work in terms of job security, acceptable pay with good benefits, and good management. However, it's a standard office job with not much to offer if you're looking for a high paced, growth, change the world sort of job.
productive
WebLogic/SOA Administrator (Current Employee), Webster, NYMay 21, 2015
Nice place to work.My position is nice and quiet.it gives good way to advance your career.learnt many trades with payroll clocks. very friendly co-workers and management.
Headquarters