Paychex, Inc.

Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

customer service
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Rochester, nyMay 12, 2015
Pros: the people are wonderful teachers
Cons: nothing major
- just taking calls
- giving information on personal accounts
- management was okay could have been better
- the hardest part of the job was staying on the phone and taking multiple phone calls
- the customers was always nice and very understanding
na
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJMay 12, 2015
They offer very good benefits for yourself and family, they are very caring if something occurs and you have to take time off.
Professional yet fun environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (present) (Current Employee), Dublin, OHMay 11, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: None
I would work here forever if the drive for me was not so long. Professional yet relaxed environment. Flexibility in schedule, plenty of advancement opportunity.
Great company with great people, constant improvements being made. They offer excellent benefits and provide great customer service to their clients.
Supervise Admin (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great people, benefits, and training.
Cons: No available vacation during December & January. Wages lower that competitors.
Successful company that offers great advancement opportunities. Excellent training and development offered, as well as promotion of employee recognition programs.
Payroll/Business Taxes
SENIOR PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), High Point, NCMay 5, 2015
I process payroll for 300 + clients, and assist them with online processing through Paychex Flex application. I also confirm that all clients remain in compliance with all tax agencies, and confirm we are making timely and accurate deposits. I also amend returns and build custom reports for record keeping.
Great company because of the people
Implementation Supervisor (Current Employee), CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Positive atmosphere
Cons: Software unreliable
Paychex hires really great people who care about providing clients with the highest level of service. Work/life balance was good, benefits in line within the industry.
Great Company
Client Service Supervisor, Major Market Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Willing to work with you
Cons: none
Paychex is a great company to work for. They have an outstanding training that they conduct for each employee. They try to work with you so you have a work life balance.
Paychex
Internship (Former Employee), Henrietta NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: Co-workers were very helpful
Cons: More time
This was an internship. I was in the Risk Management department. This internship gave me the knowledge to know what more i needed to learn, and concentrate on to be able to become a part of the company. Co-workers were pleasent and easy to go to for questions. The hardest part was not staying longer to learn more about the department.
No work life balance
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2015
Your day never ends and deal with people's money is very stressful. A typical day begins with a Paychex meeting or viewing your email. Next you are visiting CPA's and /or on appointments schedule. Sale force is a daily activity.
It is my goal to be working for Paychex on a permanent fulltime basis.
Administration Floor Specialist (Current Employee), West Henrietta, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: Relaxed clean environment, free coffee, and tea.
I worked on Quarterly Returns in a temporary assignment for Paychex. I have been able to work with a great group of people, some who are employees of Paychex and some who are temps through Superior Group. All employees have helped make my experience working at Paychex an enjoyable one. I find the management to be helpful, kind, and considerate of company employees. As Paychex Inc. continues to advance as a recognized leader with a tradition of delivering excellence, I would like to apply my work skills and experience, along with my desire to provide excellent service to all people working for Paychex Inc.
Nice place to work
HRS Client Service Advisor (Current Employee), Henrietta, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Some systems are old and need to be current on todays trends and use of technology.
Great training. Plenty of opportunities to move up. Good work environment. Have met great people. Constantly promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Great benefits.
great right of College position
Major Market Services (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDApril 22, 2015
I received great training and product knowledge from Paychex. I was right out of college and this was a great start to my business to business career.
Paychex
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Norristown, PAApril 22, 2015
For entry level people coming into Paychex, it is a big shock. There are many things to learn, and a lot of training that is done within the first couple of months. It does seem, however, that its a fall down and pick yourself back up kind of mentality. The compensation does not nearly match the stress of the job.
Fun place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: Money
Pizza Hut was a fun place to work while going to college. Not a lot of money to be made, but i learned a lot about life and managing money and time.
Fun and exciting place.
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 20, 2015
Working for Paychex was a really fun experience. learned a lot of different trades with payroll clocks. very friendly management and co-workers.
Fast paced and competitive
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 20, 2015
Pros: Experience in accoutning field that you may not otherwise have exposure to
Cons: extremely competitive market
Paychex is great company to work for if you're looking for a fast paced, highly competitive industry. Their products are top notch and provide many solutions for small to medium sized companies struggling with payroll management.
The opportunity to work with accounting professionals opens the door for experience with accounting and financial reporting. Very rewarding especially when you are instrumental in saving a company from shut down due to payroll issues.
Busy, fast-paced work environment
Enterprise Communications Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 19, 2015
My role as a Communications Representative changes daily. I work on internal communications called iComms, for business units, Requests for Proposal (RFP), and external communications, such as client letters. I am also active in the Client Relations queue, which means I can assist clients calling with various issues ranging from payroll to 401(k), benefits, or HR issues.
Not bad, not always what its cracked up to be
401k/S125 setup (Current Employee), west henrietta, NYApril 16, 2015
Great opportunities to grow and develop, lots of training, always room for more responsibility.

The "leaders" of the organization are not held to any standard.

Always feel replaceable.

Flexible hours for most positions, lots of benefits, great time off, tuition reimbursement
great place to work
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDApril 16, 2015
Fun inviting and they are training oriented. Has great benefits packages for the employees. Provides a safe working environment.
Good place to work at
HRS Client Service Advisor I - Bilingual (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, benefits, co-workers
Cons: Work load, pay
Everyone at Paychex is great. If it were not for the workload it would be the best place to work at. The benefits are great. The flexibility is good. Amount of work can be unmanageable.

About Paychex, Inc.

Paychex, Inc. is a leader in the payroll and human resource industry, serving over a half million businesses nationwide. The company – Read more

Paychex, Inc. Salaries