Paychex, Inc.

Paychex, Inc. Employer Reviews

Productive place with room to grow
HRS Developer II (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2014
Everyone is nice and accommodating. Always willing to help if you have any questions.
Stable industry for a long-term career
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), PhoenixMarch 10, 2014
Good benefits (health, dental, PTO, 401k, etc). Stable industry for a long-term career. Not the best for work/life balance, as 20% of the year is blackout for PTO (including around Christmas/New Years). Compensation is low compared to workload and expected job duties plus pay caps exist within lower grade levels.
Major Market Services - Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee), CAMarch 6, 2014
Great place to sell!

PROS
- Work / balance is respected and encouraged.
- Great product suite to sell with immediate recognition in industry.
- Management is supportive and experienced.

CONS
- Comp plan / salary could be better. You'll make decent money...
Supporting Energetic Sales Team
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Watsonville, CAMarch 3, 2014
Supported District Sales Manager (DSM) and Sales Team to achieve monthly/yearly goals. This included duties such as expense reporting and tracking, scheduling, travel, event planning, etc.

The hardest part of the job was at the end of the month when the pressure to make quota was the highest and the sales consultants were at their most vulnerable.

What – more... I enjoyed most went hand in hand with the hardest. My best days were when I gave my Director or one of the team a mental boost or just a little extra consideration that could turn their day around.

We are a tight group that supports each other through bad days and celebrates the great ones. – less
Great place to work always productive and fun
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 27, 2014
my typical day at work i sit at my cubical desk and gather and analyze payroll reports by the client number with the checks and prepare it for outbound mail by the hubs and also assist other departments when supervisor is not available.
Energetic company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dublin OHFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: % travel
Great company, young workforce. Management has come up through the ranks. A lot of travel, not much office time. Get to engage with wonderful clients.
Very Much a employee focused company
Branch Manager (Former Employee), BirminghamFebruary 16, 2014
Paychex is a great place to work. The company believes in a work and home balance. There in unlimited opportunities if you work hard. The best part of working for Paychex was the other employees. You felt like you belonged to a family.
Very Much a employee focused company
Branch Manager (Former Employee), BirminghamFebruary 16, 2014
Productive fun work place with dedicated employees
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: dedicated team
Cons: limited growth opportunity
I serve as a help desk specialist that assist a client base of 400 client codes. I am also responsible for teaching and servicing internal clients as well as management on technical concerns surrounding the Paychex payroll platform. The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting my clients - getting them positive resolutions to their concerns. My co-workers – more... operate in a well organized team environment and are very dedicated to the success of the business. – less
Excellent work culture with focus on employee development and career advancement
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: pay could be better
Human Resource Generalist- (currently employed)- Owings Mills, MD

Paychex is a great company that focuses on employee training & development and work-life balance.
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 15, 2014
Great company, had a baby and didn't want to drive so far when I went back to work.
Wonderful people running a very good business.
Sales/Broker Support Advisor (Current Employee), West Henrietta, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: work environment, co-workers
Cons: career progression
Paychex is a fantastic place to work. I enjoy the people with whom I work. The management is very open and supportive. Everyone helps others. And the clients are a joy to work with.
Core Payroll Services- Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very high turnover
Although I feel that essentially Paychex is an extremely ethical and morally upright company to work for, each location and sales team is managed independently. I have now become the senior member of my team, and feel that perhaps my earning potential has finally reached its limit. I am seeking a new challenge with longer duration and greater earning – more... potential. – less
On boarding new clients
Sr Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: loved the puzzle solving aspect
Cons: very limited career advancement
On boarded new clients to the payroll environment. Trained clients on our procedures and handled their payroll and tax compliance issues.
Enjoyed working with my payroll specialists. Great bunch of people!
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Learned a lot about payroll! Quarter end and year end payroll processing was grueling but fun.
Below
Enterprise Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great company for growth
Cons: none as far as i'm concerned
Paychex is a Fortune 500 Company. My employment with them was 17 years. Paychex is a great company to work for. The wage is more than fair, promotions from within the company are always first considerations for all exployees. The HR department is always current and sharing with government regulatiions. Training of employees is the foundation of Paychex. – more... Employees are given the tools needed fullfill the company expectations and hlep all employees reach their goals. Health and well being is another area Paychex excels.I've enjoyed my career with Paychex. My reasoning of leaving Paychex is that I relocated out of New York State. – less
Antiquated technology and no ability to advance
Senior Technical Support Service Representative (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: friendships made
Cons: no positions to advance to
They use antiquated and old technology, and there is no way to advance with this company. They promote people based on friendships and not knowledge or experience. The only enjoyable part of this job was the friendships that I made while I worked there.
Healthy communicable environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), North Reading MAJanuary 6, 2014
Good place to work for; management is open and helpful, co-workers are friendly. I have learned a lot about tax laws but do not enjoy the sedentary position.
very enjoyable working with your own set of clients
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), High Point, NCDecember 30, 2013
having your own client list allows you to get to know your clients and how their business runs
Not so good
Payroll Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Glenview, ILDecember 30, 2013
Cons: too many to name
Very unorganized. All payroll systems used are not very productive.

About Paychex, Inc.

Paychex, Inc. is a leader in the payroll and human resource industry, serving over a half million businesses nationwide. The company – Read more