Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Mail Management Team Lead/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 27, 2017
Enjoyed working for Paychex but was laid off due to work availability in Mail Room. Would go back and work for them if they called me back. Clean environment and co-workers were friendly.
Pros
Get to dress nice and stay clean
Cons
Laid Off
Endless repetitive tasks and irresponsible management
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2017
After working for Paychex I am glad to have experienced a role in corporate America. I was excited when I initially got the job because they are a large local employer and pillar of the community. After arriving in the office I realized that it was an educationally diverse landscape. I went through training and got along with people there and was exciting for actually doing the job. After the overextended and barely effective training program, I was placed on the floor and in a team. This was great a sense of camaraderie and feeling like I belonged to something. This was the exact opposite. The people on my team weren't as forward thinking as I am. Clearly not as motivated as I either. Eventually, some people were hired after me. These people were nice and I trained three of them closely. The people before me spent more time making fun of me than training me. I was happy to provide a good route for the people after me. I was not paid or truly recognized for my time spent training. Most of the conversations I heard revolved around gossip, drama, or entitlement. This is what after 9 months lead me to leave. I am fortunate to say that after leaving and taking a lower paying job my general level of satisfaction with life drastically improved and now I am on the best path that I could be on. Thanks Paychex for not leading me on to the guise of corporate America.
Pros
close to home
Cons
dull
Great Company
Senior Dedicated Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MENovember 21, 2017
Great company to work for just very little room for advancement. Depending on the department there is little management involvement which tolls on annual reviews.
Very Exciting and fun place to work
Professional Services Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2017
This was my first job out of the military and I had a lot of fun. They promoted very well and really invest a lot in employee training. Would definitely recommend.
Sprs team lead mentor
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 21, 2017
Paychex is more of a call center if you are in payroll
Highly underpaid for work that is done
list of clients that are your own
team can be positive , but you have people who pass off work onto others and get away with murder
the harder you work the more workload they pile on you
Pros
good paid time off, benifits
Cons
Low pay!!
Great Place to work
Business Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 20, 2017
Good company with great benefits fun environment with good people. the new service model has everyone working for remote supervisors and such. I'm not a huge fan because there is disconnect.
Great place to be and tons of room for growth
Corporate Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2017
I really enjoyed my role here. I was on contract but it was a great team to be part of. I learned tons of great recruiting tips here and it was a pleasure to work at Paychex.
Productive and fun work place
Data Entry Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is to learn something new everyday.
Paychex has a wonderful workplace culture, very understanding and respectful to those who have families.
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks, good vibes
Great Place to work
Health and Benefits Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 17, 2017
Great management. They assist in everything you need. They want you to exceed. The facility is beautiful and centrally located. They treat their employees very well.
I was content
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 16, 2017
I was content but that is not always good nor is it a way to make more moneyblife gets boring and so did the job I also needed to make more money so I left
Great Place to Work
Field Operations Traffic Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYNovember 15, 2017
Paychex has many great opportunities that have allowed me to showcase my various abilities. I've been very happy here but my contract term is coming to an end.
Pros
Flexible, great people to work with
Cons
Unsure of future here
High energy place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 15, 2017
I worked on a inbound call center for Paychex products, I learned many HR products Section 125, 401(k), payroll, handbooks. Multitasking was one of the skills I learned. The most .enjoyable time was talking to customers
Pros
Talking to customers
Cons
Took over 150 calls day
High stress and cut throat environment
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2017
Employees were expected to work with many different managers, each with different systems and requirements.
I learned allot at Paychex with moving into different departments. Paychex can be a good place to work but it is stressful based on your position and department.
The hardest part of the job was the different managers preference for completion of assignments. The best part was the benefits offered.
Pros
Benefits, EAP program
Cons
long hours, mangers schedules
n/a
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
the company was relax and the pay was low, I was a temp whom was promised an interview but never was granted one. If seem like the tanning was little to none shank or swim
great start for slaes
Payroll Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
Paychex is a place you can work at for years with upward mobility and a comfortable lifestyle. Perhaps more importantly Paychex will open many doors for future sales jobs.
Pros
work environment
Cons
could be stronger comp plan
Pretty chaotic without proper compensation
Solutions Developer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2017
There is a large amount of variability in the atmosphere based on which department you work in. The most uniform problem throughout the company is that they are cheap and do not want to compensate us based on industry standards. Everything also seems to be relatively half-assed around here.
Flex Forward Migrations (Time and Attendance) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2017
Throughout most of my career at Paychex, I have been very fortunate to work with and meet a lot of great people. The position I'm in currently is very stressful but working with my teammates and supervisors help ease some of the stress.
Pros
Benefits, set schedule.
Cons
Stressful, lack of resources.
Work
PEO Benefits Specialist I (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 7, 2017
I looved it and wish i could go back. i LOVED THE PEOPLE that are in that company. I was able to learn a lot more about benefits and wished i had the opportunity to be a permit employee.
Great job, but too much stress
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 7, 2017
I loved installing and configuring the software product, loved talking to and helping clients, but there was an unreasonable amount of work, and they just kept assigning more and more clients; they never hired enough people.
Some managers were great, some were unreasonable.
Employees get along well and sometimes have fun.
When I started there was a series of training courses that new employees were supposed to take; it took several years before they decided I had time to take the training.
We were told by management to stop in and talk to them any time we had an issue; when I did that, my supervisors got upset. Bottom line: it's not really okay to talk to management.
Paychex pays fairly well so if you don't mind being stressed it's a good solid place to work.
Pros
Job security, fairly good pay
Cons
Too many clients, so that clients do not get the attention they deserve.
Great Place to Work
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 7, 2017
Great Place to work. Paychex provided balance, great compensation, and competitive benefits package. Paychex training program is second to none in the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.